Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Ecobank! The Most Useless Bank In The 21st Century. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ecobank! The Most Useless Bank In The 21st Century. (1816 Views)

Fidelity Bank Is The Most Useless Bank In Nigeria / Ecobank Branch Is On Fire (Photos) / Ecobank Introduces Cardless Cash Withdrawal Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ecobank! The Most Useless Bank In The 21st Century. by WIZGUY69(m): 8:11pm On Feb 24, 2018
This group of criminals parading themselves as a commercial Bank decided to go offline (no network) since Friday, without due notice or warning. Even up till Saturday no word from the customer services (they don't even have any). I've nothing on me to execute my daily task/project. They decided to leave I and other customers stranded.
Since there's nothing left to rely on, I decided to trek from Victoria Island to surulere.
What annoyed me the most are
1. The reason(s) why they don't always send
Warning messages to customers so as to get them prepared. For a company as big as that. Even smaller microfinance bank don't behave like that.

2. What is taking them long to go fix the issue of no network. Over 48 hours and still counting. Even if they want to bring expatriate from Iceland, they would have gotten to Nigeria.

Finally, please my fellow Nigerian, if you love your self and you wish good for your self.
Don't ever consider Ecobank as an option to save money.
They decided to spoil my weekend, Reputation and most especially my birthday.
Been using the Bank for years, and I've not noticed any improvement whatsoever, rather they are going from bad to worse

1 Like

Re: Ecobank! The Most Useless Bank In The 21st Century. by heendrix(m): 9:38pm On Feb 24, 2018
WIZGUY69:
This group of criminals parading themselves as a commercial Bank decided to go offline (no network) since Friday, without due notice or warning. Even up till Saturday no word from the customer services (they don't even have any). I've nothing on me to execute my daily task/project. They decided to leave I and other customers stranded.
Since there's nothing left to rely on, I decided to trek from Victoria Island to surulere.
Warning messages to customers so as to get them prepared. For a company as big as that. Even smaller microfinance bank don't behave like that.

2. What is taking them long to go fix the issue of no network. Over 48 hours and still counting. Even if they want to bring expatriate from Iceland, they would have gotten to Nigeria.

Finally, please my fellow Nigerian, if you love your self and you wish good for your self.
Been using the Bank for years, and I've not noticed any improvement whatsoever, rather they are going from bad to worse

and you manage to survive it

Re: Ecobank! The Most Useless Bank In The 21st Century. by rivakwaa(m): 6:10am On Feb 25, 2018
heendrix:

and you manage to survive it
Big for nothing Bank. A whole Pan African Bank messing up things for people
Re: Ecobank! The Most Useless Bank In The 21st Century. by Sankabson(m): 8:59am On Feb 25, 2018
Stupid BAnk!! Ecobank is the worst-est commercial bank we have in Nigeria presently. It will take them 24-48hours to credit Your account.I've sent money to my Dad since 9am Yesterday, till now he has not not recieved the alert nor his account was credited. This is not the first time we are experiencing this same issue. Their services in Ibadan was shut down through out Yesterday.
Re: Ecobank! The Most Useless Bank In The 21st Century. by freeman67: 9:09am On Feb 25, 2018
Their matter be like snake wey swallow wetin be pass am. Since they had an encounter with Oceanic Bank their ways of treating customers have never remained the same. I just wish I have nothing to do with them but somehow I am tied to them because it's so stressful changing salary bank account.
Re: Ecobank! The Most Useless Bank In The 21st Century. by Paund: 9:21am On Feb 26, 2018
Sankabson:
Stupid BAnk!! Ecobank is the worst-est commercial bank we have in Nigeria presently. It will take them 24-48hours to credit Your account.I've sent money to my Dad since 9am Yesterday, till now he has not not recieved the alert nor his account was credited. This is not the first time we are experiencing this same issue. Their services in Ibadan was shut down through out Yesterday.
This problem is not limited to just Ecobank; it's a typical problem with every bank. I bank with gtbank and I experienced similar problem on Saturday when I Couldn't even transfer money from my account nor recharge on my phone.
Re: Ecobank! The Most Useless Bank In The 21st Century. by cr8tvt: 9:39am On Feb 26, 2018
WIZGUY69:

The question now is which bank is safe from this type of crisis? I don't know if you use any other bank apart from Ecobank. But if you do, you would agree with me that the problem is across board. However, while this network issue lasted, it was I was able to use Ecobank's atm on Saturday evening. I would advice we try other service options like internet banking and mobile apps whenever there's service problems because we have these options to help out in such situations.

(1) (Reply)

Selling Engine Oil Or Okrika Clothes? / Businessman Shows Off His 2018 Range Rover Vogue Rotating In His Parlour. Photos / Help!! I Can't Log Into My CAC Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.