Stats: 3,153,545 members, 7,819,938 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Help: My Blog Is Under Serious Attack And It's Being Suspended - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help: My Blog Is Under Serious Attack And It's Being Suspended (805 Views)

Please I Was Told By Google My Blog Is Ready For Adsense / Reasons Why A Blog Is Important For Your Career And Life / Please Help: My Blog Does Not Show On Desktop But Shows On Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

Help: My Blog Is Under Serious Attack And It's Being Suspended by Donraqh(m): 9:01pm On Feb 24, 2018
Good evening the good people of Nairaland. The subject above refers, my blog has been under constant attack despite being advised by the host company to point my domain to cloud flare.

The most disheartening is that, the most recent suspension was lifted yesterday by my host company, just for me to receive a mail this evening that the site has been suspended again.

This is really frustrating and I have come to seek your genuine advise on the best possible way forward.

Your advise will be highly appreciated.
Re: Help: My Blog Is Under Serious Attack And It's Being Suspended by kelvinnaira: 10:12pm On Feb 24, 2018
state d type of attack. what do u mean by under attack?
is sm1 hacking u or they re suspending u because u re using 2much resources bigger than d plan u bought. i.e excess traffic
Re: Help: My Blog Is Under Serious Attack And It's Being Suspended by givjoy: 10:25pm On Feb 24, 2018
What the main reasons for account suspension? Are you hosting bad content? How is your website being attacked?
Re: Help: My Blog Is Under Serious Attack And It's Being Suspended by semasir: 10:37pm On Feb 24, 2018
You might have reached your bandwidth limit. Talk to your host or that the hosting company too is having issues.
Donraqh:
Good evening the good people of Nairaland. The subject above refers, my blog has been under constant attack despite being advised by the host company to point my domain to cloud flare.

The most disheartening is that, the most recent suspension was lifted yesterday by my host company, just for me to receive a mail this evening that the site has been suspended again.

This is really frustrating and I have come to seek your genuine advise on the best possible way forward.

Re: Help: My Blog Is Under Serious Attack And It's Being Suspended by oswaggiee(m): 11:19pm On Feb 24, 2018
Donraqh:

Is your host namecheap
If yes..then I can help you if not I can't..I have experience pulling this through..
Am having a strong feeling it's a DDOS Attack..
Re: Help: My Blog Is Under Serious Attack And It's Being Suspended by Donraqh(m): 8:50am On Feb 25, 2018
kelvinnaira:
state d type of attack. what do u mean by under attack?
is sm1 hacking u or they re suspending u because u re using 2much resources bigger than d plan u bought. i.e excess traffic

Here's the mail I got from them previously

Hello,

There were massive spam IPs scan attack on your site and sites like these has been suspended for server stability. We will monitor the situation closely to fix the problem.

The lock will remain place for 24 to 36 hours due to the nature of abusive resource usage activity. You will be notify once is lifted.

Thank you
Re: Help: My Blog Is Under Serious Attack And It's Being Suspended by Donraqh(m): 8:59am On Feb 25, 2018
oswaggiee:

Is your host namecheap
If yes..then I can help you if not I can't..I have experience pulling this through..
Am having a strong feeling it's a DDOS Attack..

No, my host is Betahost247.

Hello,

There were massive spam IPs scan attack on your site and sites like these has been suspended for server stability. We will monitor the situation closely to fix the problem.

The lock will remain place for 24 to 36 hours due to the nature of abusive resource usage activity. You will be notify once is lifted.

Thank you
Re: Help: My Blog Is Under Serious Attack And It's Being Suspended by 3html: 9:10am On Feb 25, 2018
Why not change your theme

Get a clean simple theme not heavy ones
Re: Help: My Blog Is Under Serious Attack And It's Being Suspended by Sanchez01: 9:28am On Feb 25, 2018
3html:

This is not a theme issue. Most likely brute force hackers. The issue here could be that his site offers readers or users to login and that might give hackers some leverage.

Donraqh, you might need to change your backend address from the regular 'wp-admin' with the help of a plugins which would modify some PHP scripts. Also you might need to properly set up your site's firewall and block some IPs that roam 'forbidden' areas. Again, limiting login attempts would do you a whole lot of good.
Re: Help: My Blog Is Under Serious Attack And It's Being Suspended by 3html: 10:25am On Feb 25, 2018
Sanchez01:

This is not a theme issue. Most likely brute force hackers. The issue here could be that his site offers readers or users to login and that might give hackers some leverage.

Donraqh, you might need to change your backend address from the regular 'wp-admin' with the help of a plugins which would modify some PHP scripts. Also you might need to properly set up your site's firewall and block some IPs that roam 'forbidden' areas. Again, limiting login attempts would do you a whole lot of good.
Dont you know that some free themes from unknown sources contain codes and dangerous scripts, some even report login information back to the hacker.

One of my blog has been suspended because of a script running below on close observations it was detected.

Heavy theme can also make a domain to be suspended, because such heavy theme causes high resources usage during high traffic periodsl.

I just made a suggestion to him which is from personal experience
Re: Help: My Blog Is Under Serious Attack And It's Being Suspended by femo122: 11:11am On Feb 25, 2018
Donraqh:

No, my host is Betahost247.

Hello,

Thank you
Always use foriegn host. Betahost abi kanohost are very Good in fustrating there client I left them since 2016 for same reasons
Re: Help: My Blog Is Under Serious Attack And It's Being Suspended by nnamdiosu(m): 1:10pm On Feb 25, 2018
Donraqh:

I advise you to change hosting company. Transfer tour domain out. Don't kill your blog before it even grows. Contact me if u need help on how to transfer out
Re: Help: My Blog Is Under Serious Attack And It's Being Suspended by Donraqh(m): 1:28pm On Feb 25, 2018
3html:

Thank you very much for your concern, I've changed theme prior now.
Re: Help: My Blog Is Under Serious Attack And It's Being Suspended by Donraqh(m): 1:35pm On Feb 25, 2018
Sanchez01:

Thank you very much bro, this is insightful. Most probably my ideal!
Re: Help: My Blog Is Under Serious Attack And It's Being Suspended by Donraqh(m): 1:41pm On Feb 25, 2018
femo122:
Always use foriegn host. Betahost abi kanohost are very Good in fustrating there client I left them since 2016 for same reasons

My brother, from site not loading well at some points go offline to suspension. What even pained me the most is how they treat me with reckless abandon as if I'm the one attacking my site. Giving keen consideration to your advise. My traffic has dropped geometrically to alarming rate. The so called cloud flare will load eternity before a visitor could access the sight, what a bull crap.
Re: Help: My Blog Is Under Serious Attack And It's Being Suspended by kelvinnaira: 2:07pm On Feb 25, 2018
Donraqh:

The so called cloud flare will load eternity before a visitor could access the sight, what a bull crap.
U probably didnt configure it well. cloudflare does really make things go faster and helps protect - maximize ur hosting bandwith. All my sites run on cloudflare using their zone coverage from d dns server, instead of my hosting.
Re: Help: My Blog Is Under Serious Attack And It's Being Suspended by kelvinnaira: 2:12pm On Feb 25, 2018
Donraqh:

Here's the mail I got from them previously

Hello,

Thank you
Spammers and their bots just hit u.

1- Export all ur sites content using the wp export on the tools section of ur dashboard menu.

2- go to ur cpanel, locate the wp installer and completely uninstall ur wordpress. Then install again.

3- Install ur fav. plugins (do nt use nulled scripts). Search for "wp rename plugin" install it. Activate akisment and jetpack plugins.

4- use cloudflare.
Re: Help: My Blog Is Under Serious Attack And It's Being Suspended by Realdeals(m): 2:49pm On Feb 25, 2018
You have a lazy company hosting your site, they should have helped you out. One important thing to consider when choosing a hosting company is support.

Using cloudflare will help, but could also be detrimental as some real traffic could also be blocked if you are not using the paid plan. What I'll suggest you do is to ask your host to block the IP's that are spamming the site or you request for it and block it yourself in the cpanel. Also ensure you install WP security plugins after the raging storm has calmed down.

Nigeriaonlineguide.com Job Vacancies For Quality Writers / I Need A nairaland look alike script / Nina Instagram Hacked, Hacker Demands N800,000 Or He’d Release Her Nudes, Leaks

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49