Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels - Satellite TV Technology (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels (74064 Views)

Price Of A New Startimes Decoder And Installation / Current Prices Of Strong Decoder And Th Models.e / Watch Free Cable Channels And All Religious Programmes Free Thru MY TV DECODER (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:21pm On Oct 29, 2010
in short me sef join the clamour, how hard can it be to add mbc? remove all those crap stations.
pls what exactly is that cmedia station for? talk about a waste of . . . . .
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by Lucky4real28(m): 4:34pm On Nov 02, 2010
Guys startimes is rubbish with crappy channels like cctv 4,phoenix,nta news24,e-stars shows old nigeria movie,real star shows old star quest n ultimate search,mgm old hollywood of 1940,fashion tv,nta sport 24 shows 1994 nation cup.startimes is a waste of time, for me i wont advice anyone to buy startimes instead go for Free to air.
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by 2legit2qt(m): 10:08am On Nov 03, 2010
@4ller
Reading thru the post am surprised abt your comments on STARTIMES. Eh! don't tell me you're ALSO nailing STARTIMES' ASS. grin grin grin
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by ikbanton: 4:40pm On Nov 03, 2010
Pls, i need help with the frequencies of star times cos i have this decoder that i think worked like star time decoder(no dish required) but the frequencies are not getting any signals.
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by tivta(m): 9:59pm On Nov 03, 2010
Mr FTA.
Not every one in lagos is a landlord.
Not every landlord has enough space for a 3meter dish
Not every one can afford to pay over 30k for dish and decoder.
Can you get Kidsco, Nickelodeon,BET, MTVbase via FTA?
Pls carry your fanatic FTA worship to the right section.
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:47pm On Nov 03, 2010
is star times tv decoder now working in port harcourt? my neighbor needs one. @ malix pls reply.
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by Malix: 10:27am On Nov 05, 2010
@Richie, b4 d end of dis yr. Hope all in kano r enjoying startimes signal?
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by 4llerbe(m): 3:20pm On Nov 05, 2010
2legit2qt:

@4ller
Reading thru the post am surprised abt your comments on STARTIMES. Eh! don't tell me you're ALSO nailing STARTIMES' backside. grin grin grin

u pple are always missing the point.

im not a fan of any TV thingy, i hardly watch the damn things sef, i just take exception to this holier than thou, smarter than thou approach you pple have here on this board.
besides, if you choose to not be so blinded by your love for freebies you would understand why some of this stuff like startimes can actually make sense for some pple.

that said, as a person who uses the product i would not mind maximising my gain, besides whats the point to 100 channels when only 15 are useful (same applies to FTA anyway)
startimes should remove the useless stations jare, no need for them, nobody watches them.
personally i only watch MTV Base and lately Bollywood TV maybe like weekends, the cartoon stations do just fine for the Kid, everyone is happy. chikena

that said, the Bollywood station is quite useful at weekends, i never knew indians had stepped up their comic abilities, the movies always have seriously funny scenes! grin grin grin
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by Lucky4real28(m): 4:11pm On Nov 06, 2010
@tivta u guys stop deceiving people with startimes.its the worst cable ever,
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:51pm On Nov 07, 2010
all you pple whining about startimes, were you blind b4 you bought it?

u did not see the list of station they were broadcasting b4 you bought it?

or you thought they had supersport 3 and was showing all the football on the planet?

i wonder what the complaints is exactly?, its not expensive you can throw it away and buy Hitv, then come back and complain after 2 month again.
which one is even ok sef, dstv, e nor good, hitv e nor good, startimes na crap, FTA una go say too much wahala, what do u want?

maybe you pple should actually get a life and stop lazing in front of a tv so much. life is more interesting in real life!

anyway, office bought startimes, cheaper than the rest, they only want to put on al-jazeera or bbc world on the wall lcd anyway

my security guard bought startimes, hje likes the big man, paytv touch, the home videos both local stations and e star, news and cartoons for his face me i push you house.

young student living alone in dormitory bought startimes, he is a big boi amongst his fellow sufferers, he has mtv base, he can attract 1 or 2 babes with the tv

there are situations where its ok for the user.

if you dont like it, you have options, FTA, MAX 60K, DSTV, max 40K, HITV, . . . . .
stop whining about 1k tv, what did you expect? SKY TV?

BESIDES, FYI, THE THING IS JUST NTA TRYING TO CORNER THE DIGITAL TERRESTRIAL MARKET B4 2012 WHEN ALL LOCAL STATIONS GO DIGITAL TOO!! ordinarily it would have only NTA and local stations on it.

better go buy dstv and stop making a monkey of your self on NL, so what if it is crap, for 1k
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by Lucky4real28(m): 6:55pm On Nov 07, 2010
@4llerbuntu everything you just said have just qualified you to be a fool,please stop fooling ur self because every one knows dstv is the best,and 4 free to air u cant compare mbc 2,mbc 3,mbc 4,mbc 6,mbc mix to startimes mgm.stve1,stve2,stv c, i wil advise you to stop deceiving people.startimes is star rubbish!
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by agitator: 7:57am On Nov 08, 2010
4llerbuntu:

in short me sef join the clamour, how hard can it be to add mbc? remove all those crap stations.

4llerbuntu:

or you thought they had supersport 3 and was showing all the football on the planet?

i wonder what the complaints is exactly?, its not expensive you can throw it away and buy Hitv, then come back and complain after 2 month again.
which one is even ok sef, dstv, e nor good, hitv e nor good, startimes na crap, FTA una go say too much wahala, what do u want?

maybe you pple should actually get a life and stop lazing in front of a tv so much. life is more interesting in real life!

anyway, office bought startimes, cheaper than the rest, they only want to put on al-jazeera or bbc world on the wall lcd anyway

my security guard bought startimes, hje likes the big man, paytv touch, the home videos both local stations and e star, news and cartoons for his face me i push you house.

young student living alone in dormitory bought startimes, he is a big boi amongst his fellow sufferers, he has mtv base, he can attract 1 or 2 babes with the tv

there are situations where its ok for the user.

if you dont like it, you have options, FTA, MAX 60K, DSTV, max 40K, HITV, . . . . .
stop whining about 1k tv, what did you expect? SKY TV?

BESIDES, FYI, THE THING IS JUST NTA TRYING TO CORNER THE DIGITAL TERRESTRIAL MARKET B4 2012 WHEN ALL LOCAL STATIONS GO DIGITAL TOO!! ordinarily it would have only NTA and local stations on it.

better go buy dstv and stop making a monkey of your self on NL, so what if it is crap, for 1k

This is a classic example of "cutting your nose to spit your face."
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by Lucky4real28(m): 9:22am On Nov 08, 2010
@agitator do u remember the formal free to air cable that has lots of interesting channels like mbc2,mbc4,mctv,eagle,channel 0,eurosport,mtv base,cartoon network,nickelodeon,discovery channel and lot more,compared to startimes paytv, i have dump my startimes and presently using FTA, I can watch champions league,europa cup,bundlesliga,and some premier league matches. I dont want anybody to be deceived by startimes but if u are interested in 1940 movie then congrat startimes would suit you!
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by 4llerbe(m): 6:26pm On Nov 08, 2010
Lucky4real28:

@agitator do u remember the formal free to air cable that has lots of interesting channels like mbc2,mbc4,mctv,eagle,channel 0,eurosport,mtv base,cartoon network,nickelodeon,discovery channel and lot more,compared to startimes paytv, i have dump my startimes and presently using FTA, I can watch champions league,europa cup,bundlesliga,and some premier league matches. I dont want anybody to be deceived by startimes but if u are interested in 1940 movie then congrat startimes would suit you!

cest fini!!, so why have u been whining?

do i look like a startimes seller or staff?

there are hundreds of pple on this site who use FTA or DSTV etc, the difference btw you and them is they don't whine like a spoilt brat. you have abandoned the thing as its not good enuf for you, chikena. which one come be to dey disturb thread for NL with useless, asinine comments, like your whining is what will run them out of business?

agitator:

which one is cutting nose? if you cannot see beyond ur nose and be objective about these things you will be better off keeping quiet about it. you think i am some loyal avid tv watcher? i will tell you what is crap and what is not!

startimes is not the best thing in the TV business, sure. but even more stewpid is going all out to bash them in public forums.
you have a choice, exercise that choice, life goes on.

moreover, they advertised these thing, clearly stating the stations they intend to show, if you were mumu enuf to carry your money to buy it, why are you now looking for sympathy online? are you going to claim they scammed you?

anyway its just the vogue on NL, once upon a time it was HITV being bashed, dem come una house come beg una to buy?

bottomline is when you dont like them vote with your money and subscription or lack of it, not by coming here to be posting rubbish in the name of de-marketing. many have come before them that have gone under like that, no be bad belle make dem go under na market forces. all the bad belle in the world wont kill the coy, ur lack of subscription will!!

you have options, choose instead of whining like a woman suffering menopausal symptoms
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by 4llerbe(m): 6:27pm On Nov 08, 2010
Lucky4real28:

@agitator do u remember the formal free to air cable that has lots of interesting channels like mbc2,mbc4,mctv,eagle,channel 0,eurosport,mtv base,cartoon network,nickelodeon,discovery channel and lot more,compared to startimes paytv, i have dump my startimes and presently using FTA, I can watch champions league,europa cup,bundlesliga,and some premier league matches.  I dont want anybody to be deceived by startimes but if u are interested in 1940 movie then congrat startimes would suit you!

cest fini!!, so why have u been whining?

do i look like a startimes seller or staff?

there are hundreds of pple on this site who use FTA or DSTV etc, the difference btw you and them is they don't whine like a spoilt brat. you have abandoned the thing as its not good enuf for you, chikena. which one come be to dey disturb thread for NL with useless, asinine comments, like your whining is what will run them out of business?

agitator:

which one is cutting nose? if you cannot see beyond ur nose and be objective about these things you will be better off keeping quiet about it. you think i am some loyal avid tv watcher? i will tell you what is crap and what is not!

startimes is not the best thing in the TV business, sure.  but even more stewpid is going all out to bash them in public forums.
you have a choice, exercise that choice, life goes on.

moreover, they advertised these thing, clearly stating the stations they intend to show, if you were mumu enuf to carry your money to buy it, why are you now looking for sympathy online? are you going to claim they scammed you?

anyway its just the vogue on NL, once upon a time it was HITV being bashed, dem come una house come beg una to buy?

bottomline is when you dont like them vote with your money and subscription or lack of it, not by coming here to be posting rubbish in the name of de-marketing. many have come before them that have gone under like that, no be bad belle make dem go under na market forces. all the bad belle in the world wont kill the coy, ur lack of subscription will!!

you have options, choose instead of whining like a woman suffering menopausal symptoms
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by soloqy: 9:12pm On Nov 08, 2010
Lucky4real28:

Nobody is being deceived by Startimes. They state clearly, the channels you can get from Startimes. They never promised you Premiership football nor bundesliga nor the others you are listing.The ones they promised, they are giving.

Your language is wrong and its tantamount to Libel. Show us where they promised EPL and Bundesliga and MBC2 and we will agree in calling them deceitful, if not, you are the one who who is missing it here.
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by Lucky4real28(m): 9:35pm On Nov 08, 2010
@4llerbe i was thinking you are just a fool but later realised that you are more than a fool.havent you seen their hand bills that they wrote nta sport24 (premiership and champions league), well i dont have anytin to say to you because you seem to be a marketer or dealer of star rubbish.YOU ASS HOLE!!!
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:01pm On Nov 08, 2010
@ lucky i see you just had to display ur unfortunate ill-mannered lack of etiquette.

anyway am sorry you have not displayed sufficient intelligence fir me to even respond to your vitriolic attack. try harder, and with someone of your disposition and IQ
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by Lucky4real28(m): 10:32pm On Nov 08, 2010
@4llerbuntu i am not thinking,i am assured you r a dealer of startimes. because of the change you ve been collecting is already freaking you.but good news if you dont have a job just tell me i can help you or come to think of it,why not deal wth something else.maga!
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by agitator: 11:11am On Nov 09, 2010
4llerbe:

which one is cutting nose? if you cannot see beyond your nose and be objective about these things you will be better off keeping quiet about it. you think i am some loyal avid tv watcher? i will tell you what is crap and what is not!

It means insulting yourself, if you don't understand check this:

4llerbuntu:

4llerbuntu:

4llerbuntu:

you also complained and at the same time labeling others as making a "monkey" of themselves.

@lucky4real28
try to read, comprehend before replying. posters replying without reading and comprehending what somebody else posted is very common on nairaland
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by Lucky4real28(m): 12:32pm On Nov 09, 2010
@all i am sorry if i abused you, i was only angry with the star network, @4ller i am deadly sorry, @4llerbuntu i am also sorry, its just that startimes tricks people a lot
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by 4llerbe(m): 3:58pm On Nov 09, 2010
aiight, no ish, no hard feelings. accept my apologies too

AND TO ALL. I AM NOT, I REPEAT, NOT A STAFF OF STARTIMES, I AM NOT A DEALER, I DON'T EVEN LIKE THEM ANYMORE THAN I LIKE ANY OTHER TV STATION, which is not a lot anyway!

they are opportunists, with a lot of gulf to meet up with in terms of their offerings too. but i just accept them for what they are! and i really don't support de-marketing!

i used to defend HITV too anyway, and man HITV had it real bad on nairaland!! grin grin grin grin grin they betrayed me and got greedy though!

anyways, one needs to realise a lot of pple on the sat board are actually FTA installers, they have it in for anyone encroaching on their potential market grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by Lucky4real28(m): 8:29pm On Nov 09, 2010
@4ller thanks for understanding. U are da bomb, i wont criticize startimes again.let them sell what they want to sell.it might be the worst for me why the best for others.
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by Lucky4real28(m): 8:30pm On Nov 09, 2010
@4ller thanks for understanding. U are da bomb, i wont criticize startimes again.let them sell what they want to sell.it might be the worst for me why the best for others.
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by williams85(m): 9:13pm On Nov 09, 2010
what a wonderful drama!
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by sect(m): 6:25pm On Nov 17, 2010
@Lucky, can u tell me more about ur FTA. I'd like 2 know the purchasing price, subscription price, type/quality of programs shown and also where i can get it. Does it also require a installing a dish
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:16pm On Nov 18, 2010
if i talk dis one naw, peeps go begin dey suspect me o grin grin grin grin grin

ok i actually was sitting in a bus jejely on my own when this chap joined the bus holding th ;Dis large flyer and it said startimes is now 7k!!!!!!

somebody should please advice those people, at this point in time now, it aint about the cost no more, its now about content.

dstv and hitv have slashed prices, so now its the content not the prices that matter else in the next 2 months most people using it would be sporting a dstv installation just to watch nollywood.

NB, just curious, what stations are on dstv 1.5k bouquet? hope they dont shyte on startimes o, else they are in trouble grin grin grin grin
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by ayusman16(m): 6:50pm On Nov 18, 2010
i dey luk 4 who 2 dash my startime.
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by ADUNOKIKI(f): 9:35am On Nov 20, 2010
Is Startime at ijebu-Igbo please nairalands.
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by seunlayi(m): 7:56pm On Nov 28, 2010
No matter how star look like, they may probably be the globacom of our digital broadcasting. I Have carefully gone through all the post on this and other threads which i have considered different views. Personally, since we know that one man's poison is another man's favourite. Therefore, if it is the free to air device you can afford bearing in mind the installation procedure and space required for dish, re-scanning, re-orientation of dish,etc why not go for it. At the same time if it is Dstv you can afford bearing in mind the cost (with no physical stress)you have to incure to get the best from them i.e premium package then what are you waiting for. And if it is the startimes you prefer with the channels they told us they have with their easy installation one grand monthly fee and with the hope that they will improve as they promise, then go for it. Lastly, i belive the competition is now becoming hotter, imagine the slash in the price of some of this service providers at this time of last year when i bought mine, i can not imagine then that dstv can come down to this level (including their free-view after package expiry) and by this time of next year, we would have a better story to share among Nairalanders.
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by DONFASZY(m): 12:32pm On Dec 10, 2010
can star time work in iyano iyese ogun state
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by RICHIEBOI1(m): 8:05pm On Dec 14, 2010
pls can i have their number in portharcourt

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

STARTIMES DECODER Now 7,000 Naira PLUS 1 MONTH FREE SUBSCRIPTION / UNLOCK X3 iDirect EVOLUTION MODEM @ A BEST PRICE ! !! !!! / Free Satellite Channels Receivable In Nigeria/west Africa/africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.