Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,983 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Nigerians Living In Mozambique - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Living In Mozambique (63024 Views)

Nigerian Man Dies In Mozambique. Do You Know Him? (Photo) / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Bobby4345: 6:51pm On Nov 19, 2020
sosowater:

Thanks for all you're doing here bro. I have a question please.

I want to relocate to Mozambique and start a business. How can I get the DIRE? Because I know that tourist visa won't allow me to live and do business in the country legally.

I want information on the best way to migrate to Mozambique to live and do business without having issues with immigration and police. I'm ready to wait till after the pandemic before starting the process.

That's what I need to know.

Thank you Bob

Unfortunately, you can only process your DIRE when you arrive Mozambique.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Cousin9999: 9:17pm On Nov 19, 2020
Sundzr4e:

It seems like to some people it is okay to travel to a third world country (like Trinidad) so long as it isn't an African country.

1. Trinidad is a predominantly black country.
Mozambique GDP - 14B
Trinidad GDP - 23B

3. Mozambique population - 29M
Trinidad population - 1.3M
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Ogborokiri(m): 6:47am On Nov 24, 2020
Bobby4345:

Unfortunately, you can only process your DIRE when you arrive Mozambique.
which visa would I need to stay there or can I use student visa and how much can I have to live for let's say 4 month's
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Dlamind: 11:44am On Nov 24, 2020
Ogborokiri:
which visa would I need to stay there or can I use student visa and how much can I have to live for let's say 4 month's
I also plan on going to Mozambique next month December
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Dlamind: 11:46am On Nov 24, 2020
Bobby4345:
Please never pay monies to agents for visa documents. It mostly ends in tears.
On several occasions I've seen Nigerians been sent back at point of entry due to doctored visas, no/fake hotel bookings and insufficient funds.

Mozambique is VISA ON ARRIVAL for almost all countries.
The tourism industry in Mozambique is rapidly growing.
All you require is a confirmed hotel booking and sufficient funds for the duration of your stay.
(Please insist the hotel sends a copy of your booking confirmation to the immigration and possibly provide someone to pick you up on arrival).

My wife is mozambican and owns a travel agency.
ALL QUESTIONS ARE WELCOMED...

I am interested I really want to visit Mozambique this December. How can your wife be of help ? Please

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Ogborokiri(m): 12:43pm On Nov 24, 2020
Dlamind:
I also plan on going to Mozambique next month December
how far with your arrangement
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Dlamind: 1:32pm On Nov 24, 2020
Ogborokiri:
how far with your arrangement
My problem is the high price in ticket with Ethiopia airline .. I have enough money for the trip anyways just having double mind
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Bobby4345: 10:44pm On Nov 25, 2020
Dlamind:
I am interested I really want to visit Mozambique this December. How can your wife be of help ? Please

- Make a paid reservation for a hotel in advance for around 5days.
-Travel with at least USD1000 cash.
-on arrival you get a visa for USD100
-change your cash to Mozambique meticals
- But you need someone to show you around as most cool spots are out of the city and the locals are not fluent in English language.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Bobby4345: 10:47pm On Nov 25, 2020
Dlamind:

My problem is the high price in ticket with Ethiopia airline .. I have enough money for the trip anyways just having double mind

Ticket prices are moderate.
I think Ethiopia airline is the cheapest.

You can also try Kenya airways.

If you are having double mind, then I advice you follow your heart.
You can make it anywhere.
Remember them no dey pluck money for tree even for Europe.
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Dlamind: 9:00am On Nov 26, 2020
Bobby4345:

Ticket prices are moderate.
I think Ethiopia airline is the cheapest.

You can also try Kenya airways.

If you are having double mind, then I advice you follow your heart.
You can make it anywhere.
Remember them no dey pluck money for tree even for Europe.

No need to book reservations with any tour company in Mozambique??
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Dlamind: 9:09am On Nov 26, 2020
Bobby4345:

- But you need someone to show you around as most cool spots are out of the city and the locals are not fluent in English language.
Can I make hotel reservations with Booking.com and pay with my master card ?? And again is Mozambique still on the 14 days quarantine?? During the beginning of the covid-19 Mozambique cancelled the issuing of visa on arrival... is there changes on this things I mentioned please help me

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Dlamind: 9:10am On Nov 26, 2020
Bobby4345:

Can I make hotel reservations with Booking.com and pay with my master card ?? And again is Mozambique still on the 14 days quarantine?? During the beginning of the covid-19 Mozambique cancelled the issuing of visa on arrival... is there changes on this things I mentioned please help me

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Bobby4345: 7:55pm On Nov 26, 2020
Dlamind:

No need to book reservations with any tour company in Mozambique??

If you have a paid hotel reservation and sufficient funds ... you will be questioned at the airport by immigration authorities but you should be fine.

My advice..... play safe.
As most times your appearance can tell if you are truly a tourist or an economic migrants.
Book with a tour company.

The truth is most Nigerians, Cameroonian, and guys from Ethiopia, Somalia, Eritrea, etc... use Mozambique as a gateway to South Africa.... That's why the Mozambique immigration authorities are getting more strict..say by day.
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Dlamind: 8:50am On Nov 27, 2020
Bobby4345:

If you have a paid hotel reservation and sufficient funds ... you will be questioned at the airport by immigration authorities but you should be fine.

My advice..... play safe.
As most times your appearance can tell if you are truly a tourist or an economic migrants.
Book with a tour company.

The truth is most Nigerians, Cameroonian, and guys from Ethiopia, Somalia, Eritrea, etc... use Mozambique as a gateway to South Africa.... That's why the Mozambique immigration authorities are getting more strict..say by day.

Thanks for your time and this helpful contribution.. please do you know any tour company in Mozambique that I can book a tour package with ?
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Bobby4345: 9:53am On Nov 28, 2020
Dlamind:

Thanks for your time and this helpful contribution.. please do you know any tour company in Mozambique that I can book a tour package with ?

Check online for any.
I would try ask my wife if she can be of help too.

Please remember Mozambique is not Europe or America. If you visit Moz and like the environment and hustle ... then you can explore the options available for a DIRE.
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Dlamind: 10:27am On Nov 28, 2020
Bobby4345:

Check online for any.
I would try ask my wife if she can be of help too.

Please remember Mozambique is not Europe or America. If you visit Moz and like the environment and hustle ... then you can explore the options available for a DIRE.

Thanks for your response.. again I need to know about the visa on arrival if they have resume the service back because months back they put a stop about visa on arrival because of the COVID19 pandemic
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Bobby4345: 8:48pm On Nov 28, 2020
Dlamind:

Thanks for your response.. again I need to know about the visa on arrival if they have resume the service back because months back they put a stop about visa on arrival because of the COVID19 pandemic

Yes, you can get visa on arrival
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by bubbybillion: 12:21pm On Nov 29, 2020
I have heard much about Mozambique.......But the process of obtaining a resident permit is expensive and risky.Planning to establishba business there.Met one mozambican online ,he told me most of them are jobless and unemployed.Thats why they want to migrate to South africa.He even told me that Nigerians has plenty money.I off�
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by anthonydunamis: 3:15pm On Dec 02, 2020
Bobby4345:

Yes, you can get visa on arrival

Thank you for all your answers. Very useful. I have a question please. A company in Mozambique wants to employ me as an expatriate worker but they are not sure if Nigerians are currently being allowed to enter (from Nigeria) or work in Mozambique. They are ready to handle all visa issues, etc. if the answer to that question is 'yes'. Any ideas? Thank you!
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by inspiredhill: 3:58pm On Dec 14, 2020
I also had a job prospect from a company in Mozambique and I am sure, the international agency wouldn't have contacted me if there was a restriction or ban on immigrants from Nigeria. My response is coming a bit late as I just stumbled upon this thread.

Meanwhile, what is the update? Hope you succeeded in finding yourself with the company in Mozambique?

anthonydunamis:

Thank you for all your answers. Very useful. I have a question please. A company in Mozambique wants to employ me as an expatriate worker but they are not sure if Nigerians are currently being allowed to enter (from Nigeria) or work in Mozambique. They are ready to handle all visa issues, etc. if the answer to that question is 'yes'. Any ideas? Thank you!
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Bodyodour: 9:57pm On Dec 14, 2020
Iammercy2018:
somebody said I shouldn't respond to all comments here but I won't start from this.

First of all I never bad mouthed naija, I was asked a question I answered politely as my opinion.

2, I never said you won't make it in Nigeria, let me correct you, I said you have a better opportunity making it here doing hair salon or as a food vendor, my opinion according to the question thrown at me, this doesn't mean you can't also make it in Nigeria doing the same, a country where even your friends doesn't want you to make it in life, going to where you're not known at all is an advantage and there's also a disadvantage in it.

3, i wasn't in Moz in search of a job, but yes I was roaming at street grin grin

Lastly, poverty stricken gutter bitch? YES, just like your MOTHER anoufia
grin grin
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Brawlscartel(m): 10:19pm On Dec 14, 2020
[quote author=bubbybillion post=96555768]I have heard much about Mozambique.......But the process of obtaining a resident permit is expensive and risky.Planning to establishba business there.Met one mozambican online ,he told me most of them are jobless and unemployed.Thats why they want to migrate to South africa.He even told me that Nigerians has plenty money.I off�[/quote

Bro that's the fact we nigerians are the richest in Africa forget about dollar exchange rate ooooo.....

Mozambique have a lot of hiv patient
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Bobby4345: 4:22am On Dec 27, 2020
[quote author=Brawlscartel post=97072706][/quote]

I see how naive you are.
You think Africa revolves around Nigeria ?
My dear you have to travel and see for yourself.
How many families in Nigeria can eat a balanced meal talkless of a steak?
Can you afford to pay between N100,000 - N300,000 per month for a self contain appartment ?
I guess not, but most African countries do.
Mr man shine your eyes.
One million naira seems like a lot in Nigeria
But that is most people monthly take home pay in other african countries ... Thirty eight thousand south African Rand and one hundred and ninety thousand Mozambican meticals.
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by stevelaw: 12:23pm On Dec 27, 2020
edoman2016:

You are a joker. You are comparing a country of 180 million population (huge market) and second largest economy in Africa with Mozambique. In every economic indices, Nigeria is richer and far ahead of Mozambique. Mozambique is a country ranked among the poorest countries in the world.

Despite our high population of 186 million, our per capita GDP of $2,177.99 is double of Mozambique's. Note: the population of Mozambique is just 30 million. It implies an average Nigerian have more income to spend than an average Mozambican.

I am sure you don't know anything about starting and running a business when you said you have got 80℅ chance of succeeding in Mozambique compared to Nigeria. An entrepreneur will want to establish his business in a country with good middle class and disposable income to spend on goods and services. How can it be possible in Mozambique when they are the 7th poorest country in the world? What is the purchasing power of their citizens? After South Africa, Nigeria is a very big investment attraction to foreign investor.

Mr Economist,you are sick upstairs sir!Sorry sir.
Electricity 24/7 and good roads drive the economic of every nation.
You are there talking about population,do you know the percentage of Nigerian's population that are suffering,
Having a generator,you mean that is the best way to drive an economic of any nation abi
Guy your opinion is not needed okay!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Cousin9999: 6:20am On Jan 19, 2021
Maputo (and Luanda) look sort of like Brazil, but nicer.
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by HopeAlive16(f): 7:05pm On Jan 20, 2021
Bissyolly:
Mr Bobby4345 pls can I private chat you sir, maybe via email. Thanks sir
Please reply your email. Thanks
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Bobby4345: 6:12am On Jan 21, 2021
HopeAlive16:

Please reply your email. Thanks

So sorry I never replied your email.
Nevetheless, I plead you ask me questions here on the forum as our discussion may be of help to others. Cheers
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Bissyolly: 7:27am On Mar 28, 2021
Bobby4345:
I believe a general chat will help other Nigerians with similar questions

Thanks for your response sir, I just want to be sure if the country is allowing tourists in now and maybe questions a lady going there for tourism is likely to be asked
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by izibili44: 11:44am On Mar 28, 2021
How can one obtain there invitation letter.
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by FiverrTutor(m): 11:54am On Mar 28, 2021
Bissyolly:

Thanks for your response sir, I just want to be sure if the country is allowing tourists in now and maybe questions a lady going there for tourism is likely to be asked

Parts of Mozambique isn't safe at the moment. There is serious unrest now due to militias. So please be warned!!!!
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Darctj: 9:49am On Sep 19, 2021
Please I need some enlighten concerning using Mozambique for transit to south Africa recently. is it legal and safe for Trip

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff / Travel Ban On Nigeria: Official US Statement / Family Die In Accident On Benin/Auchi Express, Traveling For Christmas. Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.