Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman (18281 Views)

"My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman / 2019: SSS Invites Kassim Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman / Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by hopexter(m): 5:36pm On Feb 25, 2018
Afegbua if you're that concerned about Nigeria, why don't you tell Babangida to return part of his LOOTED fund before he kicks his golden bucket.
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by kelvinezeh55(m): 5:36pm On Feb 25, 2018
Well said.... But if only he can hear u then the mater is solved he need medications before advice

1 Like

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by tosyne2much(m): 5:39pm On Feb 25, 2018
All these clowns sha
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by charidot(m): 5:40pm On Feb 25, 2018
May be Babangida should contest.
Nonsense!
naijastoryz:
2019: What I would have told Buhari – Babangida’s spokesman, Afegbua
Kassim Afegbua, the representative for previous Head of State, Ibrahim Babangida, has said that he would have revealed to President Muhammadu Buhari not to keep running in the 2019 race on the off chance that he (Buhari) were his father.

The Babangida's spokesman said he wouldn't draw out his father to be so criticized by Nigerians.

Asked supposing between now and 2019 President Buhari changed his policies to address some of the issues he raised in the statement, Afegbua told Vanguard that it was time the President left the stage for the younger generation.

He said, “If President Buhari is my father, I will graciously advise him. I will say, ‘Daddy, it is time to go home and manage the rest of your life. It is time to leave the stage where people will be abusing you’. I will not bring out my dad to be so vilified if I were to be his son.

“So, it is not about changing policies, it is about the fact that this is the age of retirement, this is the age of having more time for yourself and family than committing to public service. When General Babangida clocked 70, I was one of those who prevailed on him to quit partisan politics.

“I told him, ‘Sir, now you are 70, I do not want any journalist to push you here and there’. We prepared a statement for him; at a public event in Abuja, he announced his retirement from partisan politics. That is the hallmark of a statesman.

“Now, anybody that wants to run for election both in APC and PDP go to him in Minna for advice. So some of us who are saying that President Buhari should not seek re-election are more of his friends than those who are urging him on.

“Now, the President has told us that his doctors told him to eat more and sleep more. But this country needs a President who will be awake when the country is sleeping.

“Or who will be awake when the country is awake. India is awake at night, 24 hours because they want to catch up with lost time. We cannot afford the luxury of having a President who will sleep when we have insecurity everywhere, herdsmen here and there.

“We need a President that has the capacity to go round and preach peace to all the ethnic groups. Nigeria is more sharply divided now more than ever before and that is where some of us expressed huge worry and huge danger.

“We now look at ourselves as strangers occupying the same geographical mass. It should not be, we should be partners in progress and we should be able to own our country.

“We are all Nigerians, we need a President that can speak on these issues, understand the intricate logic of the Nigerian federation, the dynamism of the processes and, at the end, take a decision that will be far reaching and that will be seen to be just and fair to all the ethnic configurations of the country.

“It is not an accident of history that President Obasanjo said this government is nepotistic. There are clear signs; we have seen actions and inactions.

“We need a President that will speak the language of peace, we don’t want people to be cocooned in the Villa and we are just working with body language; that does not help us as a country.”

source-https://www.metrodailies.com/news/2019-told-buhari-babangidas-spokesman-afegbua/
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by Sijo01(f): 5:41pm On Feb 25, 2018
Mr. Afegbua has spoken well. But the problem is the empty skull of a president and his cohorts will not listen.

1 Like

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by free098: 5:42pm On Feb 25, 2018
��������
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by Goddyj(m): 5:44pm On Feb 25, 2018
Him go gree hear

1 Like

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:54pm On Feb 25, 2018
true talk my brother..well said but will the cabal allow him rest?

1 Like

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by mrsheidu(m): 6:15pm On Feb 25, 2018
dheilaw1:
many people will go to coma by the time buhari is announced the winner in 2019
They should die who care sai Baba till 2023 by God grace.
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by mema900: 6:17pm On Feb 25, 2018
rxmusa:
Trying hard to become a hero amongst cynics and blindhaters!

Take your woeful advice away with your publicity stunt!
We patriotic NIGERIANS believe in PMB as the stage setter for gigantic progress and development.

Nigeria shall be great

Aboki angry
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by anytexy: 6:19pm On Feb 25, 2018
Butoneday2:
Told or Tell = TRASHED
you say what? Chai!
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by mema900: 6:21pm On Feb 25, 2018
rxmusa:

We patriotic NIGERIANS believe in PMB as the stage setter for gigantic progress and development.

Nigeria shall be great

Aboki sad
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by kernel504(m): 6:21pm On Feb 25, 2018
rxmusa:

Nigeria shall be great

If Buhari is your pace settle, then you don't deserve to live.

1 Like

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 25, 2018
We need a President that will speak the language of peace, we don’t want people to be cocooned in the Villa and we are just working with body language; that does not help us as a country.”

Gbam gbamer gbamest.
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by onomeabuja: 6:32pm On Feb 25, 2018
holaboy3:
GODFORBID grin grin grin grin
SECONDED
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by Nobody: 6:37pm On Feb 25, 2018
words on marble! thumbs up @ afegbua! the dumb nomad is a blunder.
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by wink2015(m): 6:39pm On Feb 25, 2018
naijastoryz:
2019: What I would have told Buhari – Babangida’s spokesman, Afegbua
Kassim Afegbua, the representative for previous Head of State, Ibrahim Babangida, has said that he would have revealed to President Muhammadu Buhari not to keep running in the 2019 race on the off chance that he (Buhari) were his father.

The Babangida's spokesman said he wouldn't draw out his father to be so criticized by Nigerians.

Asked supposing between now and 2019 President Buhari changed his policies to address some of the issues he raised in the statement, Afegbua told Vanguard that it was time the President left the stage for the younger generation.

He said, “If President Buhari is my father, I will graciously advise him. I will say, ‘Daddy, it is time to go home and manage the rest of your life. It is time to leave the stage where people will be abusing you’. I will not bring out my dad to be so vilified if I were to be his son.

“So, it is not about changing policies, it is about the fact that this is the age of retirement, this is the age of having more time for yourself and family than committing to public service. When General Babangida clocked 70, I was one of those who prevailed on him to quit partisan politics.

“I told him, ‘Sir, now you are 70, I do not want any journalist to push you here and there’. We prepared a statement for him; at a public event in Abuja, he announced his retirement from partisan politics. That is the hallmark of a statesman.

“Now, anybody that wants to run for election both in APC and PDP go to him in Minna for advice. So some of us who are saying that President Buhari should not seek re-election are more of his friends than those who are urging him on.

“Now, the President has told us that his doctors told him to eat more and sleep more. But this country needs a President who will be awake when the country is sleeping.

“Or who will be awake when the country is awake. India is awake at night, 24 hours because they want to catch up with lost time. We cannot afford the luxury of having a President who will sleep when we have insecurity everywhere, herdsmen here and there.

“We need a President that has the capacity to go round and preach peace to all the ethnic groups. Nigeria is more sharply divided now more than ever before and that is where some of us expressed huge worry and huge danger.

“We now look at ourselves as strangers occupying the same geographical mass. It should not be, we should be partners in progress and we should be able to own our country.

“We are all Nigerians, we need a President that can speak on these issues, understand the intricate logic of the Nigerian federation, the dynamism of the processes and, at the end, take a decision that will be far reaching and that will be seen to be just and fair to all the ethnic configurations of the country.

“It is not an accident of history that President Obasanjo said this government is nepotistic. There are clear signs; we have seen actions and inactions.

“We need a President that will speak the language of peace, we don’t want people to be cocooned in the Villa and we are just working with body language; that does not help us as a country.”

source-https://www.metrodailies.com/news/2019-told-buhari-babangidas-spokesman-afegbua/

THIS MAN FROM OKPELLA TOWN IN EDO STATE. You don start again? abi the one Buhari give you he never reach you.

You never chop belleful.

YOU ARE WAITING FOR BUHARI DSS TO POUNCE ON YOU.

You dey do IBB BIDDING for 2019 and after IBB PUT YOU FOR WAHALA, HE go use maradona style take abandon you.

Oga Afegbua, make you wise up O!
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by gawu1: 6:49pm On Feb 25, 2018
OfficialAwol:
So after the initial gra gra, this man is a free man.

Buhari govt just knows how discredit itself.

Buhari should retire or be retired.
If the attribute of ''initial gra gra'' is to be attributed to some one in this issue, it fit perfectly this Afegbua person. After his initial gra gra, he came out laud and clear to deny people of your kinds; he said he was misinterpreted by headline readers like you who would only stop at reading headlines and then form their own opinion and spread their own opinion as opinion of the author. It's exactly what he told the police and DSS to be left off the hook.
Even an unconscionable mind would know this his denial is a rebuttal and at the same time a slap on ipobian pigs and ipobian pigs brain who took him then a God sent messenger that would sent Buhari parking for them.
Buhari will be sworn in 2019 for a second term; ipobian pigs and Haters will cry river niger.
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by kabrud: 6:52pm On Feb 25, 2018
mema900:

Aboki sad
mema900:

Aboki angry
And you have to quote him twice to repeat the same thing. He is aboki, and so what? I am also aboki, not yanmiri, so what is it? If you a call hausa aboki, doesn't he answer you? So what makes you think is an insult? We prefer to be addressed as aboki to yanmiri or arne.

Dekikin bunsurun banza, la'anenen arne kawai.
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by mema900: 7:29pm On Feb 25, 2018
kabrud:

And you have to quote him twice to repeat the same thing. He is aboki, and so what? I am also aboki, not yanmiri, so what is it? If you a call hausa aboki, doesn't he answer you? So what makes you think is an insult? We prefer to be addressed as aboki to yanmiri or arne.

Dekikin bunsurun banza, la'anenen arne kawai.

Sorry,

first i quote him twice because nairaland doesn't have a delete button

Second, down here in the east, aboki simply means one that lacks common sense

1 Like

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by joe120120(m): 7:42pm On Feb 25, 2018
Ok

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by kabrud: 8:45pm On Feb 25, 2018
mema900:

Sorry,

first i quote him twice because nairaland doesn't have a delete button

Second, down here in the east, aboki simply means one that lacks common sense
Okay, up here in the north, yanmiri means armed robbers.
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by booblacain(m): 9:55pm On Feb 25, 2018
wellmax:
This man just loves public attention.
He wants the relevant, but no, Oga goan park one side

How relevant will this your comment be if no one pays attention to it? Look who is pointing finger.
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by booblacain(m): 10:04pm On Feb 25, 2018
gawu1:

If the attribute of ''initial gra gra'' is to be attributed to some one in this issue, it fit perfectly this Afegbua person. After his initial gra gra, he came out laud and clear to deny people of your kinds; he said he was misinterpreted by headline readers like you who would only stop at reading headlines and then form their own opinion and spread their own opinion as opinion of the author. It's exactly what he told the police and DSS to be left off the hook.
Even an unconscionable mind would know this his denial is a rebuttal and at the same time a slap on ipobian pigs and ipobian pigs brain who took him then a God sent messenger that would sent Buhari parking for them.
Buhari will be sworn in 2019 for a second term; ipobian pigs and Haters will cry river niger.

He really did not deny the authenticity of the letter, he only tried to play down the media's interpretation of it, and we all know that was done to calm the tension it was generating. I do not see much difference between what he is saying now and what was in that letter.
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by booblacain(m): 10:09pm On Feb 25, 2018

so true.
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by okenta2017: 10:45pm On Feb 25, 2018
naijastoryz:
yeah
For those of you asking buhari to retire when the cattle colony has not been established are
not being fare.
Let me remind you once again Buhari will not contest the 2019 election which is just around the
corner.
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by OfficialAwol(m): 11:19pm On Feb 25, 2018
ELKHALIFAISIS:
chief nah you be this

Sorry, am I supposed to know you?
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by OfficialAwol(m): 11:22pm On Feb 25, 2018
gawu1:

You said a lot, but yet you said nothing.

I'm hoping you don't suffer paralysis when Buhari is sent packing in 2019.
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 11:44pm On Feb 25, 2018
OfficialAwol:

Sorry, am I supposed to know you?
are u not OGA shegun gbenga bros
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by OfficialAwol(m): 12:45am On Feb 26, 2018
ELKHALIFAISIS:
are u not OGA shegun gbenga bros

Nope, mistaken identity.
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by temebe: 5:14am On Feb 26, 2018
Looking for Love In LAGOS?

Are You A Working-Class Lady And Ready for Marriage?
Are You A Working-Class Man And Ready for Marriage?

Are You a Bachelor, spinster, single parent, middle aged single, divorcee, widow or widower and looking for a soulmate?

This Matchmaking platform is all about LOVE, FINDING & MATCH MAKING SOUL-MATES and MARRIAGE – Real People with Serious Intentions, Real Working Single, Verified Members to Guard against Fraud, Highly Confidential & Secured Platform where you have full control on your information!

On this Matchmaking Platform, we mean READY-FOR-MARRIAGE with total seriousness!!

Our mission is simple: Creating Relationships. Connecting Soulmates

Registration And Membership is ABSOLUTELY FREE!

Add the Super Admin on Whatsapp or Telegram O8~(163)~429~615 with request to be added to the Most Exciting World of Genuine Matchmaking (T&C for Security Reasons Apply!)

NOTE: All members on the platform are well verified because the genuine emotional happiness and well-being of our members are MOST IMPORTANT to us

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senator Sadiq Umar: COVID-19 Forcing Stubborn Husbands To Respect Their Wives / My Father Will Not Fail, Seyi Tinubu Assures Nigerians / Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.