Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk (86398 Views)

Powdered Milk, Pop Corn, Oats for sale: 08023061850 / Hilarious Photos Of Cakes That Probably Taste Better Than They Look / New Business Niche: Supply Of 25 Kg Bags Of Powdered Milk In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by chuks34(m): 11:58am On Feb 25, 2018
I love fresh whole milk grin
Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by axeman10(m): 12:01pm On Feb 25, 2018
As his final year project, a friend did an analysis of branded full cream milk powders against the ones road side retailers sell in packaged plastic bags.

Guess what? No nutritional difference. Except the dangers of hygiene.

So if you paying for that highly "valued", well packaged, well marketed and branded peak/dano milk, you not getting higher quality nutritional value than what abokis sell in " nylon" bags. Except the comfort of you getting better hygienic powdered milk.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by calberian: 12:02pm On Feb 25, 2018
For the lactose intolerant, I think filled milk offers some respite as I've discovered. Maybe not completely as it may also depend on the brand and composition. Cool post tho

1 Like

Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by kokomilala(m): 12:02pm On Feb 25, 2018
Milk is for babies. Of all mammals, I think it's only human adults that feed on milk. But there are other protein powders one can take. Whey, casein, soy and egg.

1 Like

Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by maisauki: 12:03pm On Feb 25, 2018
oyetunder:
And now that I know? How will this make animals that are not producing milktto stop swallowing our wealth? I need someone to give me reasons why Nigerian snakes changed diet.
we've noticed you....next?
Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by Khalifa44: 12:06pm On Feb 25, 2018
Thanks a lot. Very educative.
Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by gcof(m): 12:09pm On Feb 25, 2018
FarahAideed:
Keep taking a mixture of starch , flavour and vegetable oil fats and think you are drinking powered milk ...Do you know how many Vats of milk need to be dried before you get just a drum of powered milk? And dou think you would be able to afford true milk powder ?Yet you think all these nonsense flavoured powders you buy in masses supermarkets is milk grin grin...Omo wake up
i have the same thought as yours and I don’t believe completely that the liquid we even buy in Nigeria is pure milk from cow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by mansoura(f): 12:12pm On Feb 25, 2018
Wow. Educative
Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by madgoat(m): 12:12pm On Feb 25, 2018
FarahAideed:
Keep taking a mixture of starch , flavour and vegetable oil fats and think you are drinking powered milk ...Do you know how many Vats of milk need to be dried before you get just a drum of powered milk? And dou think you would be able to afford true milk powder ?Yet you think all these nonsense flavoured powders you buy in masses supermarkets is milk grin grin...Omo wake up

Liar... undecided
Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by tfelicityk(m): 12:16pm On Feb 25, 2018
Thanks for the enlightment.
Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:18pm On Feb 25, 2018
delugajackson:
Nothing beats bréast milk, though. Ever wondered why babies scratch their heads while sucking from their mothers? Bréast milk over powdered milk anyday.

1 Like

Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by kevoh(m): 12:21pm On Feb 25, 2018
Wait, peak milk and three crowns are the same company! And Loya and Cowbell are the same too! Chei, shocked shocked shocked
Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by mvem(m): 12:21pm On Feb 25, 2018
mybestlove:
I don't know the last time I bought milk in Nigeria.

Too much repackaging, imitations and poor control by our health agencies.

Our people do anything for the money.

Fura De nunu..all the way
Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by mvem(m): 12:22pm On Feb 25, 2018
gcof:
i have the same thought as yours and I don’t believe completely that the liquid we even buy in Nigeria is pure milk from cow
..u want the real thing...buy fura De nunu
Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by Anijay1212(m): 12:23pm On Feb 25, 2018
livebynite:
How does this reduce the cost of Garri? angry
You again with garri angry

2 Likes

Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by mvem(m): 12:24pm On Feb 25, 2018
calberian:
For the lactose intolerant, I think filled milk offers some respite as I've discovered. Maybe not completely as it may also depend on the brand and composition. Cool post tho
...I am lactose intolerant but fura De nunu doesn't disturb
Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by gcof(m): 12:25pm On Feb 25, 2018
mvem:
..u want the real thing...buy fura De nunu
lol where can that be gotten
Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 25, 2018
deepwater:
grin

Advantage of breast milk over all these is because breast milk comes in a more attractive container undecided
Not all the containers are attractive abeg. Sometimes it would be better to get the milk in artificial containers cos the natural ones could be a huge turn off for guys like me who pay attention to detail. grin
Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by Victorakats(m): 12:29pm On Feb 25, 2018
Thanks for reminding me.... I already knew about this.... That's exactly why cowbell is cheaper than peak and the likes.
Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by Ishilove: 12:32pm On Feb 25, 2018
Oh dear, I never knew. I will go home and examine what I have in my store.
Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by taurusdude0(m): 12:36pm On Feb 25, 2018
deepwater:
grin

Advantage of breast milk over all these is because breast milk comes in a more attractive container undecided

Give a guy breast to suck today! NO NO NO may be tomorrow grin

1 Like

Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by kingzjay(m): 12:42pm On Feb 25, 2018
Men and milk be like Buhari and Corruption war!

They will suck milk from the day they were born. They will even struggle with their kids when they vet married. Eventually when the babies are weaned, they will continue sucking tillllllllllllllllll

1 Like

Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by Nobody: 12:46pm On Feb 25, 2018
dairyguru:
Expect a tutorial on yogurt production very soon cool

So long as it helps someone build a yogurt empire that would provide jobs and cash....
Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by Nowenuse: 12:47pm On Feb 25, 2018
Nice info. I never knew the difference. I bet 95% of Nigerians do not know the differences.
Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by mvem(m): 12:47pm On Feb 25, 2018
gcof:
lol where can that be gotten
...in the north is very popular, mostly among the Fulani...but health is an issue because it has to be prepared well...get somewhere/somebody that is hygienic that does it...very sweet, served chilled
Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by Ibegtodiffer: 12:47pm On Feb 25, 2018
NON OF THE MILK TYPE IS BAD. IT DEPENDS ON AGE, GENDER, HEALTH STATUS ETC.
1. AGE: For growing youths the full cream or filled milk is fine, because of numerous activities and development of various tissues.
For an adult the skimmed milk is just fine.
PLS USE GOOGLE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.

3 Likes

Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by Temptee101(m): 12:53pm On Feb 25, 2018
[quote author=mybestlove post=65355473]I don't know the last time I bought milk in Nigeria.

Too much repackaging, imitations and poor control by our health agencies.

Our people do anything for the money. [/quolte] I guess you buy from space
Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by shedy03(m): 12:54pm On Feb 25, 2018
Quite enlightening.
Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by henrygale(m): 12:57pm On Feb 25, 2018
Very educative.
Thanks op
Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by mtngloetiartel: 1:00pm On Feb 25, 2018
deepwater:
grin

no, sexy container
Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 25, 2018
none comes close to my favourite!........ bwest milk .
Re: What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk by Trustme2(m): 1:14pm On Feb 25, 2018
Holywizard:
I could remember years back I met a young girl ( I never knew she was breastfeeding a baby).
As things were going down, I started attacking the breasts by licking, biting, pressing and sucking it. Next thing I saw was full watery milk inside my mouth.
I shouted!!!

If u see as I take jump comot from bed eeeeh.
It was then she told me that she had a baby but a single mom.
As from that day, I dey ask even younger girls whether they are married.

N/B Breast milk is the best grin
Why you jump up na. You for just use the milk as dinner before you sleep na. If I be u eh I GI just pretend say nothing dey happen till I suck the breast dry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? / How Jollof Rice Was Served In A Party (pics) / Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.