Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) - Politics (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) (61918 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode To Okorocha: 'Judas Of Igboland, Stop Crying' / Peter Obi An Iconic Son Of Igboland - Gov. Ugwuanyi / "Buhari Is Truly Enyioma1 Of Igboland With The Quality Of Awka-Enugu Expressway" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 01, 2018
Aromi:
After 49 years of nothing but only 20 pounds.we the igbos are competing with other nigerians who have every advantage from govment.that is truly a miracle
LMAO

Copied from another thread
BABANGBALI:
Just got Whatsapped this by a prominent young Yoruba traditional ruler.... (I say all non-Igbos are in same plight of our own doing as the Yorubas Kaabiyesi focuses on!)

Did the Igbos put guns on anybody's head before buying up Alaba, Ajegunle, isolo and Oshodi in Lagos?

Did they use juju before the Ibadan surrendered Iwo Road to them?

And what were we looking at before the Igbos took over Isida and Adeti in Ilesa?

Where were the YORUBAS when the Igbos thrived and built 90% of the Hotels at Abuja. Was there a law that excluded the YORUBAS from selling building materials? Dei Dei building materials market in Abuja is 90 % Igbo owned.

So the more we point one finger at the Igbos, the more we have the other four fingers pointing at our laziness and lack of initiative as a society.

The YORUBAS should have been better with all our education, but we may be worse that the Fulanis who just roam around the bush.

Why? Because we lack the entrepreneurship spirit. We just want salaries from doing 8am to 5pm job. We proceed in foolishness and we persist in hoping to reap plenty without showing hard. The Igbos are different, hence we are now jealous and envious.

We love wasteful parties and Aso Ebi. Just a little business without even making any profit yet, we usually call musicians to spay money like coffetti .

Where are all the Board Members of Ebenezer Obey today? Where is lawyer Omoyinmi and Lanre Badmus? Where is Oroki Social Club of Osogbo? Where is Felates of Ilesa and the likes whose trade mark was to bring Sunny Ade to Ilesa every Xmas, to waste all income gathered for the year?

The Yoruba society wasted their leading lights on excessive consumption and wasteful attitudes. We wasted our capital on frivolous social gatherings.

We took religion to ridicoulous levels, such that the wealthiest pastors and churches are now Yorubas. But all the wealth extracted by the churches from the Yoruba nation is also merely flaunted to show who's God is the most miraculous.

So we have become paupers and destitutes, as the Yoruba nation cannot now pay salaries. Pensions are owed for years.

Tell me, is Osun State filled with human beings or goats to have tolerated Aregbesola, when they rejected Akande. Say it loud, is the Constituted Authority of Ibadan sane to just bring about 21 Obas from nowhere to receive salaries, where there is no money to reopen Ladoja Akintola University?

Are the Ondos so wise to have allowed Mimiko to devastate their terrain as to be now saddled with 12 months salary arrears? What of Ekiti with rabble rousing Fayose and the intellectually arrogant Fayemi?

Even Lagos, there is nothing to write home about it, despite all the hype.

But the Igbos are hard workers. Let us not continue to deceive ourselves. 20 of their young boys can live in the shop from where they sell goods. There is no place too dirty or remote for them to hibernate and incubate their ideas. Give them 5 years, you will see them buy and take over all shops and lands.

True, some of them are criminals, but majority of the Igbo youths build and build physical structures away, while the YORUBAS are content with looking for salaried jobs, so that they can have siesta in the afternoons and then attend parties on Saturdays. Then spend Sundays in church wishing and praying for divine miracles.

How foolish, as the Igbo people are meeting and strategizing on Sunday, so that they can gather money and come and buy the houses and lands owned by our Yoruba fathers.

Whether we like it or not, Obokungbusi Town Hall will soon be on concessional PPP sale. The Igbos will buy it. The proceeds will be used to pay backlog of salaries owed to impoverished Ijeshas. It will come willy nilly.

It will happen even in a declared Oduduwa Republic. Afterall, the Chinese, the Lebanese and the South Africans are buying us out with reckless abandon. See how ShopRite is buying up everywhere. I heard that they bought Owena Motel estate in Akure. How come we did not sell it to the Igbos?

We shall continue to grumble and hate the Igbos until eternity. Unless we spy on them, copy their ways and imbibe their can do attitude.

The Yoruba nation and society have been pauperised and destituted. In desperation, we shall soon start to behave like the Almajiris' in the North.

In grinding poverty and out of jealousy, the Almajiris of the North regularly loot Igbo shops and businesses. Very soon Yoruba urchins will start looting too to show that they hate the Igbos.

Even some of us here will defend it to show our hatred for the Igbos. Whereas, the looting is as a result of hunger and uselessness of our society.

How sad for the Yoruba Nation. cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 01, 2018
imhotep:

LMAO

Copied from another thread

tale by moonlight to deceive urself wat is the name of the Yoruba oba that said it, what was the source he said it through. if u can’t reference it u are a coward and a liar

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:20pm On Mar 01, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
well if it’s indeed by performance then the Ibos bank with the information u provided takes the day but the same logic can be applied to the ict industry coz glo dwarfs so many ibo ict ventures combine based on worth alone or the biggest business man can be given to the north coz Dangote dwarfs so many of the ibo businesses based on worth without any challenge and so many more. quantity of the industry matters too not just the current worth but I digress ur point stands at least for now in the banking sector based on performance but not by control coz even with the worth u still control few

You and I knew how Adenuga got his license, real question, how is the company fairing now their license was withdrew few days ago in Benin republic, the are about to lose their license in Ghana because of poor network, over here they are having financial and network problem, recently they were disqualified from bidding for 9mobile because of their poor financial muscle, Smile network that made it to final stage as preferred bidder, their biggest shareholder in Africa is Ernest Azudialor founder of Obijackson group, Smile operates in South Africa, Dubai, Tanzania, Uganda, DRC Congo and Nigeria.
Read more
https://nigeriacommunicationsweek.com.ng/smile-voice-service-will-give-nigerians-different-experience-obiejesi/

3 Likes

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by mangood74: 7:22pm On Mar 01, 2018
I ve decided to love the yorubas
they are far better than the fula tribes
Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by delivryboy: 7:23pm On Mar 01, 2018
NegroArea:
who approved this street be named after an afonja? I do like to meet the afonja himself...He must be a brave man.
Your post appeared as a learned expository modern story of the eastern Nigeria, but the tiny mind domiciled in every IPOB miscreant could not be caged for too long. Go to Kaduna you will see Arochukwu road, Enugu road, Owerri road in the very heart of Kaduna, but that natural small mind is so aggrieved that a road in Enugu was named after someone who's not a pig and idiot.
Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 01, 2018
post=65477365:

You and I knew how Adenuga got his license, real question, how is the company fairing now their license was withdrew few days ago in Benin republic, the are about to lose their license in Ghana because of poor network, over here they are having financial and network problem, recently they were disqualified from bidding for 9mobile because of their poor financial muscle, Smile network that made it to final stage as preferred bidder, their biggest shareholder in Africa is Ernest Azudialor founder of Obijackson group, Smile operates in South Africa, Dubai, Tanzania, Uganda, DRC Congo and Nigeria.
Read more
https://nigeriacommunicationsweek.com.ng/smile-voice-service-will-give-nigerians-different-experience-obiejesi/
this is glo figure for 2017 it leads politics is the case of Benin

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:32pm On Mar 01, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
this is glo figure for 2017 it leads politics is the case of Benin
Stop deceiving yourself, Glo is having serious financial problem and poor network coverage

Do you need soothsayer to..

Glo palava in Ghana and Benin

2 Likes

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 01, 2018
post=65477677:

Stop deceiving yourself, Glo is having serious financial problem and poor network coverage

Do you need soothsayer to..

Glo palava in Ghana and Benin
u are the one deceiving urself glo May have problem in Benin but it still leads other telecommunications in Nigeria. I thought u like facts men don’t disappoint me. This is glo figure digest it

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by remedick: 9:45pm On Mar 01, 2018
QuotaSystem:
Remedick I can only wish you good luck on your mission wink
grin grin grin grin bros, na here u come hide after I started posting achievements of the South abi? running with your tails between your legs... keep running grin grin grin
Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Nonaira3: 9:59pm On Mar 01, 2018
Nowenuse:

Hmm, HiddenShadow, Nonaira3. Are there Hausas/yorubas who really speak fluent Igbo, up to the extent of differentiating dialects? Cos, damn, this guy whom you guys claim is not Igbo, understands the language quite well.

Have you been to hausa dominated area in Enugu? Even onitsha? if you have, you would not ask this question. Most hausa's I know when i lived in onitsha and also Enugu spoke fluent Igbo. Hell some in Asaba can speak igbo as well. If they are born and raised in igboland, they tend to speak the language. It's kinda similar to igbos born and raised up north speaks their language. Yyeske is a northerner that may speak igbo no doubt in my mind about it whatsoever!!!! His behavior and his own speeches proves it and leaves no space for Maybes. Hell the nigga rejoices when igbos are killed and I've seen that same fucking dude was observed wishing for more. There's no real igbo or even anyone at that that'll be happy to hear their kinsman are being killed. That's a fact even if they are in a tribalistic politics. Shit, i recall when the quit notice was given to igbo. He was among the people that used it to mock igbos on this thread. There is ZERO, NONE doubt in my mind he's north

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Abogwara: 10:07pm On Mar 01, 2018
This beautiful thread being turned to comic relief. Sometimes we can read and just ignore. Here are photos from Oguta.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Nonaira3: 11:05pm On Mar 01, 2018
neezar:
Most of these afonjas are frustrated and filled with hatred

A thread was created about igbo development, If no be inferiority complex dey worry una, why will u come and behave like ur fore fathers on this lovely thread

Children of hate.....Spits on their cone heads !!!!!

Truly pathetic but does not shock me. This is exactly what they did when the Akwa iboms and Bayelsans made a thread to celebrate their improvement few years ago. The people that ran to that threads to hate and measure dicks was surprise surprise Afonja. Truly I've never seen a tribe with such an inferiority complex like them. Worse, each time they their asses handed to them. Just look at this thread, that Anambra dude is slapping them silly for pages now; you would think they'll have Shame but no, they rather continue disgracing themselves repeatedly. Afonjas really need to work on their self esteem honestly.

10 Likes

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by neezar: 11:08pm On Mar 01, 2018
Nonaira3:

Truly pathetic but does not shock me. This is exactly what they did when the Akwa iboms and Bayelsans made a thread to celebrate their improvement few years ago. The people that ran to that threads to hate and measure dicks was surprise surprise Afonja. Truly I've never seen a tribe with such an inferiority complex like them. Worse, each time they their asses handed to them. Just look at this thread, that Anambra dude is slapping them silly for pages now; you would think they'll have Shame but no, they rather continue disgracing themselves repeatedly. Afonjas really need to work on their self esteem honestly.
It's in their DNA 2 always hate, when the same happens on their thread, They won't hesitate in calling the mods, Just take a look at how their region is backward

4 Likes

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Nobody: 4:21am On Mar 02, 2018
Some Nigerians have little knowledge about other ethnicities and their regions, some foreigners have used the negative narratives awash in western media to paint what, and how Africa looks like,

Fallacious Stereotypes and unflinching generalizations are inimical to truism,
Chimamanda adichie calls it the dangers of a single story.

Am gonna be making a thread on the beauty of middle belt Nigeria, later on, watch out!

Nigerians should be proud to have beautiful cities in the mold of Abuja in the east,
Amongst them is Enugu, Damn beautiful.

5 Likes

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Nobody: 4:31am On Mar 02, 2018
Asaba

9 Likes

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Nobody: 4:35am On Mar 02, 2018
Somewhere in Nnewi Anambra.

4 Likes

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Nobody: 5:03am On Mar 02, 2018
Please, the enugu government should finish up the cultural and conference center started, by chime, he almost completed it, that stuff is a cash cow,

As aviation industry hub is growing, more of such is needed to host colloquiums, Summit, theatrical dramatization, artistic exhibition, scientific symposium, digital hackatons, trado - socio-economic conventions, anniversaries, celebrations of symbolic days etc

The economic summits of a couple of years ago, is yielding fruits in real estate, however, to what extent is the materialization of the newly proposed industrial Park?

4 Likes

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Nobody: 5:35am On Mar 02, 2018
On the issue of brown roofs,

It is inescapable, and common sensical that cities do expand, and you got the ancient and Contemporary admixture.
I love those brown roofs, we also got them in the east,
It serves as a living witness to the extent of progress attained in particular place, I see such as antiquities of chronicles in time past,

There are ways to make such dwellings turn glamorous,
It is quite unfortunate, that they were left to rot in decadence.

As part of self preservation, the dilapidated and distressed structures can be knocked down,since they pose as environmental hazards, while habitable ones can be improved upon, with renovations, regeneration, of inner Streets.

Below is nekede owerri imo,

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by QuotaSystem: 5:52am On Mar 02, 2018
remedick:
grin grin grin grin bros, na here u come hide after I started posting achievements of the South abi? running with your tails between your legs... keep running grin grin grin

What silly achievements recognised by whom? They don't even meet your specifications talk more of meeting mine...besides what "south" are you talking about because from this thread all we have down there is east and the better west.

Meanwhile focus because your pipe dream of SU is being blown to pieces on the daily, if you weren't so naive you should have known your mission was DOA. No wonder you were hiding from the thread on the Kano-Lagos Economic Summit grin

Like I said, good luck cheesy

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Nobody: 6:34am On Mar 02, 2018
Abogwara:
This beautiful thread being turned to comic relief. Sometimes we can read and just ignore. Here are photos from Oguta.

Variety they say is the spice of life, I love the semi detached box like style architecture, mixture of brick and glass structure of the edifice,

I would love to be seeing more of these replete all over the east

2 Likes

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:24am On Mar 02, 2018
QuotaSystem:

What silly achievements recognised by whom? They don't even meet your specifications talk more of meeting mine...besides what "south" are you talking about because from this thread all we have down there is east and the better west.

Meanwhile focus because your pipe dream of SU is being blown to pieces on the daily, if you weren't so naive you should have known your mission was DOA. No wonder you were hiding from the thread on the Kano-Lagos Economic Summit grin

Who is taking backward north serious, Kano-Lagos summit my beautiful as.s, with all handouts from FG gotten with dubious policies to favor you, still remain backward region, in all human developments index, You can force horse to the stream but you can't for the horse to drink water. No point arguing with a region we are far better than in all ramifications.

4 Likes

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by remedick: 8:39am On Mar 02, 2018
QuotaSystem:

Kano Lagos what? like I don't have something else to chase abi? I am not your kind of regular Nairalander, if you expect me to follow every thread on Nairaland. I saw the thread but didn't read it as I have more important things offline to attend when the thread popped up.

At the end of the day, the North still has the highest illiterates in Nigeria, The highest poverty stricken populace in Nigeria tongue

7 Likes

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 02, 2018
Guys please enough of the trivialities, irrelevancies and frivolities,

Onitsha,

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 02, 2018
Royal Palace of ogadagidi, agbogidi, Obi of onitcha,
Nnaemeka Achebe

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:00am On Mar 02, 2018
arinzeejikonye:

Onitsha,
More Hero beer to your table grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Abogwara: 9:25am On Mar 02, 2018
[right][/right]
arinzeejikonye:
Please, the enugu government should finish up the cultural and conference center started, by chime, he almost completed it, that stuff is a cash cow,

As aviation industry hub is growing, more of such is needed to host colloquiums, Summit, theatrical dramatization, artistic exhibition, scientific symposium, digital hackatons, trado - socio-economic conventions, anniversaries, celebrations of symbolic days etc

The economic summits of a couple of years ago, is yielding fruits in real estate, however, to what extent is the materialization of the newly proposed industrial Park?

Correction please it was rather abandoned by Chime for unknown reasons. It has been that way since Nnamani left in 2007.
Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by hornyofife: 10:16am On Mar 02, 2018
arinzeejikonye:

Onitsha,

Nice one bro, keep them coming....

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 02, 2018
Abogwara:
[right][/right]

Correction please it was rather abandoned by Chime for unknown reasons. It has been that way since Nnamani left in 2007.

Thanks dede,
Honestly,such nice project is too good to wallow in abandonment, Walahi,
If Ify completes and put it to use, we will be better for it, he can arrange a bipod of ppp arrangement on it. Same with the onitsha hotel,
Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 02, 2018
hornyofife:

Nice one bro, keep them coming....

Imela,
Credit to plegend media,
Zik's munosoleum.

3 Likes

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 02, 2018
post=65490530:

More Hero beer to your table grin grin

Nmanya Ndi igbo,
Cheers nwanne!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by oyatz(m): 10:56am On Mar 02, 2018
Being able to speak Yoruba language doesn't mean you can ascend highly revered Yoruba thrones.
Even Ayayis or Temitopes can't ascend the thrones if they are NOT direct descendants of the founders of the royal dynasties.

Do you think Belgians or Swiss that have lived in England for 50years can become King/Queen of England?

BankeSmalls:

The new Yoruba language laws of Lagos state will be interesting to review in the next 20 years. Chukwudis and Okoronkwos will become Alafin and Oba of Lagos grin

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by neezar: 11:00am On Mar 02, 2018
Lzaa imhotep abagworo and the ones I can't remember, u guys are genius mhen

I just feel like coming home...Once I am done with my studies

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply)

Atiku Watching The Vice Presidential Debate From His Residence (Photos) / Segun Awosanya Withdraws From EndSARS, Declares Movement An Insurrection / Peter Obi's Hand Over Note To Willie Obiano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.