Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Nigerian Players In South African League - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Players In South African League (21762 Views)

Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up / Top 10 Nigerian Players Of 2013 / Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Players In South African League by khukhi(f): 10:30pm On May 22, 2012
Read your thread from start to finish and I have to say ITS GREAT. Wish I could handle criticism the way you do. grin informative as well!! Big ups to you man. : )
Re: Nigerian Players In South African League by RSA(m): 11:09am On May 25, 2012
khukhi: Read your thread from start to finish and I have to say ITS GREAT. Wish I could handle criticism the way you do. grin informative as well!! Big ups to you man. : )

I dey try my sista grin Thank you! I know that this players have families,fans and other people who are following their progress wherever they are and they will read any report written about them.I'm just doing my part.

Seriola Gege who plays for Free State stars was one of the top performer for Nigeria against Peru,he replaced the injured Yobo for this friendly match.

http://www.mtnfootball.com/africa/nigeria/news/2012/may/raheem-lawal-soriola-shine-in-peru-loss.html
Re: Nigerian Players In South African League by RSA(m): 8:20am On Jun 21, 2012
Gege talks up Turkey transfer.
ree State Stars of South Africa defender Gege Soriola has revealed he is negotiating an offer to play in Turkey.

The former Bayelsa United and Heartland FC star, who was unwilling to let out the name of the clubs from Turkey chasing him, insisted that he remains a Free State Stars player.

"I have two offers from Turkey and one from Greece," he informed MTNFootball.com

"We are already at the negotiating table so I cannot say much, but right now I remain a Free State Stars player fully and proudly so.”

MTNFootball.com further scooped that his club are not willing to sell him to any South African even though Moroka Swallows and Supersport United are believed to be hot in the hunt for the uncompromising central defender.

The player, who was on the bench in the Super Eagles last three qualifiers, noted that he is happy at Free State Stars.

"In life everyone aspires for a progressive movement and it’s the same with football. But presently am happy at Stars, but that is not to say if the right offer comes, I will not move," he said.

Gege has also warned his former Nigerian club Bayelsa United to make the most of their return to the top flight after they won promotion from the Nigeria National league (NNL).

He congratulated the club for promotion to the Nigeria Premier League, but was also quick to warn that if the club management failed to do the right things, the club will suffer the same fate of 2010 when they were relegated.

"I’m happy for the team because it’s not easy to get promotion to the premier league. But the management must change its attitude because we went on relegation because they owed us two years’ allowance and the boys felt disgruntled and didn't give their best," he said.

http://www.mtnfootball.com/africa/south-africa/absa-premiership/news/2012/jun/20-gege-talks-up-turkey-transfer.html

Re: Nigerian Players In South African League by newspapers: 9:03am On Jan 03, 2015
Re: Nigerian Players In South African League by Nemesis08(m): 9:18am On Dec 12, 2018
Kgdavid:
man what are wages like in the south african league?
on the average, a player in the top division can get equivalent of N2million naira and more
Re: Nigerian Players In South African League by tck2000(m): 11:35am On Oct 27, 2019
Nemesis08:
on the average, a player in the top division can get equivalent of N2million naira and more
oh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Carl Ikeme Offered Super Eagles Job / Alex Iwobi, Okocha's Nephew Is An Arsenal Player / Chinedu Udoji Dies In Motor Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.