Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

I Doubt If Nigeria Truly Exited Recession- Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Doubt If Nigeria Truly Exited Recession- Atiku (276 Views)

Sadiya Umar Farouk Approves Payment Of Stipends To Exited N-Power Beneficiaries / I Doubt If Nigeria Is Truly Out Of Recession – Atiku Abukabar / How Nigeria Exited Recession – Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Doubt If Nigeria Truly Exited Recession- Atiku by theJournalng(m): 11:38am On Feb 26, 2018
Home LOCAL I doubt if Nigeria truly exited recession- Atiku
LOCAL
I doubt if Nigeria truly exited recession- Atiku
By JournalNg - February 25, 201830

Erstwhile Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, is not certain over Nigeria’s exit from economic recession.

He revealed his doubt in his keynote address while recieving the Silverbird’s 2017 man of the year award in Lagos during the weekend.

He said: “Last year, we celebrated the fact that we exited our first recession in 25 years. To me, that celebration was premature.

“After contracting for five consecutive quarters, Nigeria came out of recession in the second quarter of 2017 with a GDP growth rate of 0.55 per cent. In the third quarter, we fared better with 1.40 per cent.

“While this looks somewhat like we exited the recession, the reality is that when you factor in our population growth rate of 2.3 per cent, which is one of the highest in the world, have we really exited a recession? Technically, yes, but in reality, it is doubtful.”

Source: journalng.com

https://journalng.com/2018/02/25/doubt-nigeria-truly-exited-recession-atiku/
Re: I Doubt If Nigeria Truly Exited Recession- Atiku by three: 12:34pm On Feb 26, 2018
Him still dey doubt

Nigeria TECHNICALLY exited recession

(1) (Reply)

Every Life In Nigeria Is Precious, Must Be Secured, Says President Buhari / The Need For Gov. Godwin Obaseki To Answer The Cry Of Umagbae Community In Edo / Buhari: We're Targeting Food Sufficiency Era

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.