Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

I Doubt If Nigeria Is Truly Out Of Recession – Atiku Abukabar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Doubt If Nigeria Is Truly Out Of Recession – Atiku Abukabar (455 Views)

Is Nigeria Truly Out Of Recession? Propaganda Or Plain Truth? / 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun / Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Doubt If Nigeria Is Truly Out Of Recession – Atiku Abukabar by niyica(m): 2:13pm On Feb 25, 2018
Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, has expressed doubts over Nigeria’s exit from economic recession.

He made this known in his keynote address while picking the Silverbird’s 2017 man of the year award in Lagos during the weekend.

He said: “Last year, we celebrated the fact that we exited our first recession in 25 years. To me, that celebration was premature.

“After contracting for five consecutive quarters, Nigeria came out of recession in the second quarter of 2017 with a GDP growth rate of 0.55 per cent. In the third quarter, we fared better with 1.40 per cent.

“While this looks somewhat like we exited the recession, the reality is that when you factor in our population growth rate of 2.3 per cent, which is one of the highest in the world, have we really exited a recession? Technically, yes, but in reality, it is doubtful.”

Re: I Doubt If Nigeria Is Truly Out Of Recession – Atiku Abukabar by nwanwaoge(m): 2:26pm On Feb 25, 2018
niyica:
Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, has expressed doubts over Nigeria’s exit from economic recession.

He made this known in his keynote address while picking the Silverbird’s 2017 man of the year award in Lagos during the weekend.

He said: “Last year, we celebrated the fact that we exited our first recession in 25 years. To me, that celebration was premature. You might be right...

“After contracting for five consecutive quarters, Nigeria came out of recession in the second quarter of 2017 with a GDP growth rate of 0.55 per cent. In the third quarter, we fared better with 1.40 per cent.

“While this looks somewhat like we exited the recession, the reality is that when you factor in our population growth rate of 2.3 per cent, which is one of the highest in the world, have we really exited a recession? Technically, yes, but in reality, it is doubtful.”
Re: I Doubt If Nigeria Is Truly Out Of Recession – Atiku Abukabar by efighter: 2:31pm On Feb 25, 2018
With people like Abubakar Atikuchukwu still looting and stealing it's really a difficult task.
Re: I Doubt If Nigeria Is Truly Out Of Recession – Atiku Abukabar by LIFEisSIMPLE: 2:34pm On Feb 25, 2018
I doubt it myself. I also doubt the Nigerian military claims that boko haram has been defeated
Re: I Doubt If Nigeria Is Truly Out Of Recession – Atiku Abukabar by agwom(m): 2:36pm On Feb 25, 2018
hmm
Re: I Doubt If Nigeria Is Truly Out Of Recession – Atiku Abukabar by chernest2002: 2:38pm On Feb 25, 2018
As long as buhari remains the president hunger and poverty will never seize. The man knows nothing and can never offer anything good.

(1) (Reply)

See Presidential Aspirant Wey Get 666 Agenda For Nigeria / Ekiti Teachers Vs Kayode Fayemi / Mysterious!! Goat Eats 17 Million Naira In House Of Assembly Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.