Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,237 members, 7,957,560 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:38 PM

Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill (18154 Views)

IGP Adamu Shuns Aisha Buhari, Refuses To Release Her Aides / If Buhari Refuses To Comeback We Are Ready To Take Him To Court"- BOMG Leader Sa / Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by DONSMITH123(m): 12:20pm On Feb 27, 2018
John Ameh, Abuja

President Muhammadu Buhari has withheld his assent on the Peace Corps of Nigeria establishment bill recently passed by the National Assembly.

His rejection of the bill was contained in a communication to the legislature today (Tuesday).

The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr. Yakubu Dogara, has just read the letter to members in plenary.

Buhari says the organisation is a duplication of existing security agencies.

Details later…

http://punchng.com/breaking-buhari-withholds-assent-on-peace-corps-bill/

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by madridguy(m): 12:21pm On Feb 27, 2018
Ok
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by DONSMITH123(m): 12:22pm On Feb 27, 2018
DONSMITH123:

i don't knw if anyone is gonna agree with the bolded. But me think it make sense. lipsrsealed

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by timwudz(m): 12:27pm On Feb 27, 2018
Bring it make I sign am

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by sotall(m): 12:27pm On Feb 27, 2018
Ok

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by BossOluwendy(m): 12:27pm On Feb 27, 2018
Oh Lord!!! This is bad news for my friend who has invested time and money into this Peace corps, posting pics on Facebook and the likes...chain !!!

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by Firefire(m): 12:27pm On Feb 27, 2018
General Buhary, Please, in the spirit of job creation, rescind your decision and append your signature to this important bill.

Formalization and amalgamation can be done thereafter.

Don't forget your administration alone has made more than 10,000,000 Nigerians jobless. embarassed

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by eleojo23: 12:27pm On Feb 27, 2018

He has a point

16 Likes

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by paymentvoucher: 12:27pm On Feb 27, 2018
DONSMITH123:

i don't knw if anyone is gonna agree with the bolded. But me think it make sense. lipsrsealed

I agree with you 100%, Duplication is a SIN

I pity all my village people that paid for PEACE CORP UNIFORM

Lastly, I will say Peace Corp Matter in now INCONCLUSIVE

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by 007author(m): 12:27pm On Feb 27, 2018
Peace Corps is inconsequential

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by zanebaddo(m): 12:27pm On Feb 27, 2018
Peace corp ko piss cup ni

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by oluemmakay(m): 12:28pm On Feb 27, 2018
Duplication of whose duty exactly?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by eTECTIVe(m): 12:28pm On Feb 27, 2018
D Ppl who brought it up in d first place and want him to sign it are no different from d snakes , monkeys and cows wrecking havoc in dis country. We are talking of cutting down on d already numerous bogus agencies and bodies with duplicated functions and some are agitating for new ones jus to satisfy and "settle" some Ppl... Why cant VIO and Road Safety b d same body? EFCC and ICPC? Why not expand d scope of Civil defence and make dem more useful?

19 Likes

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by shortgun(m): 12:28pm On Feb 27, 2018
makes no sense.
Is VIO not duplication of duty?
What of Civil defense?
FRSC?
what of PAs,SAs, SSAs?

Buhari is too tribalistic if it was a Northerner that is the Head of Peace Corps He will sign the bill with speed of light.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by DrRasheed: 12:28pm On Feb 27, 2018
Excellent Mr president...
No need for fresh sets of thugs, Nass want to reintegrate their political vanguards into security sphere of the nation.
The money can be used to upgrade our police just like the DSS.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by 007author(m): 12:28pm On Feb 27, 2018
Firefire:
Buhary,in the spirit of job creation, rescind your decision and append your signature to this important bill.

Stop typing shiit

20 Likes

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by nairavsdollars(f): 12:28pm On Feb 27, 2018
who peace corps epp?
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by livebynite: 12:29pm On Feb 27, 2018
and i ask as always, how does this help reduce the price of garri? angry
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by 9japrof(m): 12:29pm On Feb 27, 2018
Well we have proliferation of agencies whose duties and work overlap and sometimes clash with each other.

Besides the ever
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by Agbaletu: 12:29pm On Feb 27, 2018
DONSMITH123:

You are correct.
I don't see any need for another Security Agency.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by mfm04622: 12:29pm On Feb 27, 2018
Firefire:
Buhary,in the spirit of job creation, rescind your decision and append your signature to this important bill.

We are already spending most of Nigeria's money on paying civil servants and you want to still employ more? Then you will complain that govt is not investing on infrastructure? Haba!!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by Firefire(m): 12:29pm On Feb 27, 2018
007author:

Stop typing shiit

Rubbish to you, right?

Your opinion is irrelevant here.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by Otarkpa: 12:29pm On Feb 27, 2018
His advisers asked him not to sign the bill is more appropriate. Job creation is not their agenda
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by maberry(m): 12:29pm On Feb 27, 2018
sad
How i go come do now?
And I done already sew Uniform

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by blackpanda: 12:29pm On Feb 27, 2018
God bless u my President
God prosper you Sir
Gone is the era of waste and duplicity

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 27, 2018
MATTERS ARISING.....
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by ariyebaba(m): 12:30pm On Feb 27, 2018
lol
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by gbengulonice(m): 12:30pm On Feb 27, 2018
instead commission wai those guys don tey nau
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by Firefire(m): 12:30pm On Feb 27, 2018
mfm04622:

We are already spending most of Nigeria's money on paying civil servants and you want to still employ more? Then you will complain that govt is not investing on infrastructure? Haba!!!!

They are understaffed. We need more security men by world standard.

The politicians should reduce their excesses and we would cut the cost of governance in Nigeria by more than half.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5000 APC Members Decamp To PDP In Delta Central (Photos) / Why We Resisted Fayose’s Ambush On Ekiti Assembly – Ekiti Speaker / Don’t Participate In Nationwide Protest – ECWA Tells Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.