Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,447 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill (18058 Views)

IGP Adamu Shuns Aisha Buhari, Refuses To Release Her Aides / If Buhari Refuses To Comeback We Are Ready To Take Him To Court"- BOMG Leader Sa / Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by Firefire(m): 12:50pm On Feb 27, 2018
[quote author=DONSMITH123 post=65413012][/quote]

Then you must be mistaken....

I wonder how you measure those who warned severally against voting the virus called Buhary.
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by Donemmy(m): 12:52pm On Feb 27, 2018
timwudz:
Bring it make I sign am
correct Man

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by slivertongue: 12:55pm On Feb 27, 2018
peace corp is of no value to d nigerian state. even man o war is beta positioned to render national service

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by ajumma(m): 12:55pm On Feb 27, 2018
Haba baba

1 Share

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by Collins87: 12:56pm On Feb 27, 2018
Seen. Only pity my colleagues who gave their might to Peace Corp.
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by jetz(m): 12:57pm On Feb 27, 2018
45k ve waka
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by Reference(m): 12:58pm On Feb 27, 2018
Firefire:
General Buhary, Please, in the spirit of job creation, rescind your decision and append your signature to this important bill.

Formalization and amalgamation can be done thereafter.

Don't forget your administration alone has made more than 10,000,000 Nigerians jobless. embarassed

Oga. Don't mistaken job creation for job provision. Government appointments are not created, they are given. Creation means making something from nothing. It is a function of ideas that germinate to economic activity that brings prosperity by growth and tangible goods and services.. Jobs that are created add value to a community, state or country's GDP. Government provided jobs on the other hand are a burden on everyone. It has scant direct bearing on the economy, it is often at the expenses of other pressing capital needs and does nothing to the GDP.

The seeds of job creation are domicilled in the private sector. Government only provides the 'land', the conducive environment on which the seeds are planted by good, dynamic and positive policy and legislation. Like you indicated, government has made millions jobless. That is correct but it did not serve them termination letters but by flooding the land with water or denying the land rain the seeds of enterprise have rotted and the green plantation of economic activity dried up.

We don't need the peace corps to reverse that. All government needs to do is reverse its hostile policies and liberalise even more and the millions of jobs will be recreated. By the peace corps in a few years they will be consuming budgetary sums in hundreds of billions that you and me will pay for via increased taxes, levies and rates and a whole lot less for roads, hospitals and schools.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by chukszy42726: 1:01pm On Feb 27, 2018
PMB don't want to sign it because their boss is not a Muslim..they is no further reason again.
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by Tunbolity(m): 1:01pm On Feb 27, 2018
Please watch over any Peace Corps member around you at this critical moment. No matter the attempt by the National Assembly to arm-twist the executive by vetoing this bribe-induced bill, it will fail because the lawmakers powers do not go beyond passage of the bill, the executive implements and without implementation, it remains a piece of paper in the legislative archives.
Please tell victims of Akoh's scam that the police is about to recruit 10,000 people, if they truly want to serve in the force, they should apply because we have had enough suicide cases last year
BTW, the Akoh man should be arrested and charged for various crimes he committed in his bid to ensure the bill scale through, he was said to have billed the members 25,000 each and another 10,000 naira to "lobby" NA members to pass the bill, also, 5000 naira to buy ranks. This is because people like Abba Moro who throd this path in the past was never used as a scapegoat. This nonsense must stop!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by midastouch: 1:04pm On Feb 27, 2018
Reference:

Oga. Don't mistaken job creation for job provision. Government appointments are not created, they are given. Creation means making something from nothing. It is a function of ideas that germinate to economic activity that brings prosperity by growth and tangible goods and services.. Jobs that are created add value to a community, state or country's GDP. Government provided jobs on the other hand are a burden on everyone. It has scant direct bearing on the economy, it is often at the expenses of other pressing capital needs and does nothing to the GDP.

The seeds of job creation are domicilled in the private sector. Government only provides the 'land', the conducive environment on which the seeds are planted by good, dynamic and positive policy and legislation. Like you indicated, government has made millions jobless. That is correct but it did not serve them termination letters but by flooding the land with water or denying the land rain the seeds of enterprise have rotted and the green plantation of economic activity dried up.

We don't need the peace corps to reverse that. All government needs to do is reverse its hostile policies and liberalise even more and the millions of jobs will be recreated. By the peace corps in a few years they will be consuming budgetary sums in hundreds of billions that you and me will pay for via increased taxes, levies and rates and a whole lot less for roads, hospitals and schools.

You are on point.

Our recurrent expenditure sees less than 3million people consuming a disproportionate share of money meant for 180million people. This madness has to stop.
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by mfm04622: 1:05pm On Feb 27, 2018
Firefire:

They are understaffed. We need more security men by world standard.

The politicians should reduce their excesses and we would cut the cost of governance in Nigeria by more than half.

If we need more security men, employ more in already established agencies, we don't need to create more agencies.
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by Firefire(m): 1:05pm On Feb 27, 2018
Reference:

Thanks for your brilliant submission, I understand all this, as an Economist. tongue
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by ajumma(m): 1:08pm On Feb 27, 2018
haba baba

1 Share

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by ajumma(m): 1:09pm On Feb 27, 2018
Haba Baba ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by Shroud: 1:34pm On Feb 27, 2018
DONSMITH123:
John Ameh, Abuja

President Muhammadu Buhari has withheld his assent on the Peace Corps of Nigeria establishment bill recently passed by the National Assembly.

His rejection of the bill was contained in a communication to the legislature today (Tuesday).

The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr. Yakubu Dogara, has just read the letter to members in plenary.

Buhari says the organisation is a duplication of existing security agencies.

Details later…

http://punchng.com/breaking-buhari-withholds-assent-on-peace-corps-bill/
Yeah, but he has used the army in an unprecedented scale to usurp and sidetrack the police. Talking about duplicity.
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by fyneguy: 1:37pm On Feb 27, 2018
Firefire:
General Buhary, Please, in the spirit of job creation, rescind your decision and append your signature to this important bill.

Formalization and amalgamation can be done thereafter.

Don't forget your administration alone has made more than 10,000,000 Nigerians jobless. embarassed

I am sorry but you often don't make sense.
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by mrvictor: 1:41pm On Feb 27, 2018
Probably because he doesn't like "PEACE" and harmony?
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by Chochovini: 1:46pm On Feb 27, 2018
shortgun:
makes no sense.
Is VIO not duplication of duty?
What of Civil defense?
FRSC?
what of PAs,SAs, SSAs?

Buhari is too tribalistic if it was a Northerner that is the Head of Peace Corps He will sign the bill with speed of light.
10/10. In fact, your head correct.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by helpfulposts(m): 1:54pm On Feb 27, 2018
And my state chapter is busy collecting N10,000 as yearly due before giving out the uniform to new recruits!
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by misgab: 1:55pm On Feb 27, 2018
Alleluia, this is he first presidential action I support PMB 101% support. Where is it done in a sane environment when a man will collect money from jobless youths and give them uniform and say they are officers. What was the criteria used to access them?
Was there any security and background check done on them?
Even boys scout and brigade are better. BH, armed robbers, killers, touts, thugs all join as long as you have N40,000 or N150,000.
The country has not even utilized civil defence corps upto 25% and another one is coming. Please I am creating a new para-military called hunger corps. To be a member bring a bag of rice, groundnut, kulikuli and gari. MTSHWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWww
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by laivwire(m): 1:56pm On Feb 27, 2018
BossOluwendy:
Oh Lord!!! This is bad news for my friend who has invested time and money into this Peace corps, posting pics on Facebook and the likes...chain !!!

Invested right? Money miss road venture

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by Chochovini: 1:57pm On Feb 27, 2018
[quote author= There many types of pussy. Which type do you have?
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by samijay8(m): 2:04pm On Feb 27, 2018
I also registered for this thing even though I never dream of those security job but my bro won't let person rest. he paid for form , the 50k and others. I told him but won't listen. told him the Senate only doing everything so the peace corps can join them when they are rigging their votes, but still insist they want to make it one of buhari success but now the Mr. success said he doesn't want it. now I can rest from going to ilorin up and down from ibadan. President Buhari, whedone SIR
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by sen5050: 2:07pm On Feb 27, 2018
Buhari has finish us............ my money and time wasted all gone in vein.

our senior officer are still asking us to resume duty, pls what can we do. advice
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by helpfulposts(m): 2:32pm On Feb 27, 2018
Tunbolity:
Please watch over any Peace Corps member around you at this critical moment. No matter the attempt by the National Assembly to arm-twist the executive by vetoing this bribe-induced bill, it will fail because the lawmakers powers do not go beyond passage of the bill, the executive implements and without implementation, it remains a piece of paper in the legislative archives. he was said to have billed the members 25,000 each and another 10,000 naira to "lobby" NA members to pass the bill, also, 5000 naira to buy ranks. This nonsense must stop!
Look at the actual figures below:
1. Recruitment N40,000
2. Camp fee N5,000
3. I.D. Card N3,000
4. Orientation: non-graduates N2,500; graduates N3,500
5. Yearly dues N10,000 (to be paid b4 collecting the uniform)
TOTAL: non-graduates N60,500; graduates N61,500 (transport/mischel. non-inclusive)

ACTUAL AMOUNTS PAID BY MY BROTHER
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by smalls001: 2:34pm On Feb 27, 2018
shortgun:
makes no sense.
What of Civil defense?
FRSC?
what of PAs,SAs, SSAs?

Buhari is too tribalistic if it was a Northerner that is the Head of Peace Corps He will sign the bill with speed of light.
There you go....Who's being tribalistic
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by Abidob(m): 2:41pm On Feb 27, 2018
shortgun:
makes no sense.
What of Civil defense?
FRSC?
what of PAs,SAs, SSAs?

Shame on u for not reading to understand....
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by omoelerin1: 2:48pm On Feb 27, 2018
Otarkpa:
His advisers asked him not to sign the bill is more appropriate. Job creation is not their agenda
Even if you want to create job, it has to be something that is productive and serve the economic purposes.
Many people apply for security job because the are lazy.

You want other group of people that will be harassing citizens and contributing nuisance to the public, be set up?
We are still complaining of the burden of soldiers, police, NSCDC, Road safety, DSS, custom, VIO and other related criminals, you want these ones to charge come and join them
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 27, 2018
paymentvoucher:
I agree with you 100%, Duplication is a SIN

I pity all my village people that paid for PEACE CORP UNIFORM

Lastly, I will say Peace Corp Matter in now INCONCLUSIVE
I agree hundred per cent.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 27, 2018
helpfulposts:

Look at the actual figures below:
1. Recruitment N40,000
2. Camp fee N5,000
3. I.D. Card N3,000
4. Orientation: non-graduates N2,500; graduates N3,500
5. Yearly dues N10,000 (to be paid b4 collecting the uniform)
TOTAL: non-graduates N60,500; graduates N61,500 (transport/mischel. non-inclusive)

ACTUAL AMOUNTS PAID BY MY BROTHER
but what level of desperation by our Nigerian job seekers is this! A job seeker paying 65k for a job, what about him sending this money home to the village to buy things and store and sell when the price rises! What a life!
Re: Buhari Refuses To Sign Peace Corps Bill by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 27, 2018
sen5050:
Buhari has finish us............ my money and time wasted all gone in vein.

our senior officer are still asking us to resume duty, pls what can we do. advice
rainy seson is approaching invest your monthly due of 10 10k into farming!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olanipekun Oluwayose, Fayose’s Brother Quits PDP For ADP / "Ambode Now A Lame Duck, Can't Present Budget" - Jimi Agbaje / Lagos Government Donates 23 Sinoki Supra Motorbikes To The RRS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.