Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,500 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. (3963 Views)

Why The Galaxy S23 Ultra Is NOT Worth Buying / Opinion: 2.5D Screens And Curved Tvs Are Not Worth It,stop Wasting Your Money ! / Gionee M6 Or Infinix Note 4 Pro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by ELff: 5:29pm On Feb 27, 2018
I made a post earlier after I bought my Gionee M6 about how disappointed i am about the phone. For me, it was a total waste of my Money at the time as I was carried away by the battery power otherwise I would have made a wiser choice.

This is my first experience with the Gionee brand and it has been a terrible one. Well, I had bought the phone and I had no other choice than to use it. Its performance is nothing to write home about. I have a Samsung T555 tab that is a 1G Ram and 16GB storage and believe me it performs way better than my Gionee M6 that is a 4G Ram and 64GB.

Gionee M6 IS A USELESS PHONE. Not only that, I recently got drenched in the rain, my phone was in my bag, oh well I didn't know the rain was getting into my bag. It got to the phone and guess what, my phone has been off for days even after putting it under sun to dry for more than 72 hours.

So I decided to take it to their Care Center and they ask me to dish out almost N50,OOO to fix my phone. I was mad, mind you, the phone is still under warranty, of what use is a warranty if i am asked to shell out that much to fix the phone. For Christ's sake that's the cost of a new phone. Warranties in Nigeria is total bullshit, when you take your phone for fixing they start to tell you all the stories in the world but when you are about buying the phone, they preach the warranty gospel to you to make you spend your hard earned cash on it.

Without sentiments, I would advise any one buying a Gionee phone because of performance not to bother. My infinix Hot Note 2 delivered better performance than this Gionee M6. I am writing this from experience.

1 Like

Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 27, 2018

This phone you are talking about is not water resistant or is it? Are u complaining that the phone got spoilt from water which any other phone would, except for the ip68 phones? Or about the battery? Or that u have to pay 50k for repairs under warranty?
Cause this post is not strong to make me not to buy this phone if I wanted to.
You could have told us if the lags, and the performance is bad, gaming and otherwise that's what I expected. No offense

11 Likes

Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by Adigwe1(m): 7:28pm On Feb 27, 2018
Dude.. Maybe you bough a fake gionee... There is is no way in heaven and hell you can compare the performance of gionee phones with that of tecno and infinix saying the later is better, please get your facts right.. Then secondly your warranty doesn't cover your phone entering water that's a total fault of yours... Maybe you yourself can try reading the warranty from there you can see what it covers and what it doesn't... You can't compare Samsung my dear.. Their processors are no where alike.. I use a gionee A1 and also Samsung s8 .. But you can't compare both.. Samsung is only competing with iPhone.. Other phones are competing with Themselves........

8 Likes

Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by henry007(m): 7:32pm On Feb 27, 2018
ELff:
I made a post earlier after I bought my Gionee M6 about how disappointed i am about the phone. For me, it was a total waste of my Money at the time as I was carried away by the battery power otherwise I would have made a wiser choice.

This is my first experience with the Gionee brand and it has been a terrible one. Well, I had bought the phone and I had no other choice than to use it. Its performance is nothing to write home about. I have a Samsung T555 tab that is a 1G Ram and 16GB storage and believe me it performs way better than my Gionee M6 that is a 4G Ram and 64GB.

Gionee M6 IS A USELESS PHONE. Not only that, I recently got drenched in the rain, my phone was in my bag, oh well I didn't know the rain was getting into my bag. It got to the phone and guess what, my phone has been off for days even after putting it under sun to dry for more than 72 hours.

So I decided to take it to their Care Center and they ask me to dish out almost N50,OOO to fix my phone. I was mad, mind you, the phone is still under warranty, of what use is a warranty if i am asked to shell out that much to fix the phone. For Christ's sake that's the cost of a new phone. Warranties in Nigeria is total bullshit, when you take your phone for fixing they start to tell you all the stories in the world but when you are about buying the phone, they preach the warranty gospel to you to make you spend your hard earned cash on it.

Without sentiments, I would advise any one buying a Gionee phone because of performance not to bother. My infinix Hot Note 2 delivered better performance than this Gionee M6. I am writing this from experience.

You haven't said anything out of the ordinary. Please where's the link to the post you made earlier?

1 Like

Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by ELff: 7:56pm On Feb 27, 2018
CHESTER48:

This phone you are talking about is not water resistant or is it? Are u complaining that the phone got spoilt from water which any other phone would, except for the ip68 phones? Or about the battery? Or that u have to pay 50k for repairs under warranty?
Cause this post is not strong to make me not to buy this phone if I wanted to.
You could have told us if the lags, and the performance is bad, gaming and otherwise that's what I expected. No offense

Lol, I am just pissed that I have to pay almost 50k to fix a phone that has warranty and without sentiments like I said, it's not worth the amount. Its great and all that but for the price at which I got it, it's not worth it.

Of course it lags, I don't do games so I can't tell about games. Sometimes, the network on my phone shuts off by itself and so many others, maybe it's just my phone or maybe because I have a Samsung so I tend to compare it with it but like someone said, Samsung is on a league of its own. There's no comparison. If I had known better, would have made a better choice.

And yes, I am pissed that the intra didn't get value for my initial spend and I need to dole out another huge amount of to fix it. The whole thing is really annoying me.
Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by dake40(m): 8:01pm On Feb 27, 2018
ELff:

Perhaps, you bought the fake product. I'm a user and lover of Gionne phones.

1 Like

Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by ELff: 8:06pm On Feb 27, 2018
Adigwe1:
Dude.. Maybe you bough a fake gionee... There is is no way in heaven and hell you can compare the performance of gionee phones with that of tecno and infinix saying the later is better, please get your facts right.. Then secondly your warranty doesn't cover your phone entering water that's a total fault of yours... Maybe you yourself can try reading the warranty from there you can see what it covers and what it doesn't... You can't compare Samsung my dear.. Their processors are no where alike.. I use a gionee A1 and also Samsung s8 .. But you can't compare both.. Samsung is only competing with iPhone.. Other phones are competing with Themselves........

My infinix Hot Note 2 performed better. I know what I'm saying. Never knew warranty doesn't cover water damage but my pain is how they came up with that amount. They kept on telling me it's the panel. No trouble shooting no nothing, the Engineer just said it's the panel.

I took it to another engineer who doesn't work with Gionee, he plugged the device and the red charging light came on and he said it's the screen, then I asked him are you sure it's not the panel, he said if it's the panel the light wouldn't come on. At Gionee office, they neither plugged it or even looked at it, they simply asked me what happened to the device and I said it fell into the water and the next thing they show me a price of 49k plus and say it's the panel.

I feel they are trying to rip me off and that's how they rip so many others off, how do you not troubleshoot a device and you draw a conclusion as to what is the problem. I don't understand.
Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by ELff: 8:07pm On Feb 27, 2018
dake40:

Perhaps, you bought the fake product. I'm a user and lover of Gionne phones.

I bought the original from a registered dealer sir.. one man's meat is another's poison.
Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by Palmerbarry: 8:17pm On Feb 27, 2018
Thread came almost too late... My friend got his for bout 120k, the camera and display are mediocre. What I like about it is the design and battery. He later swapped it with Infinix Note 4 Pro.
Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by oPPOSEE: 1:07am On Feb 28, 2018
GIONEE does not know you, Samsung does not know you so OP who re you?
Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by femi4: 6:20am On Feb 28, 2018
ELff:

Warranty doesn't cover:

Hardware damage via smashing your phone on the wall/floor

Damage caused by water

Broken screen due to your carelessness etc

Nothing is wrong with the phone, you are just too careless

4 Likes

Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by Sunkyphil(m): 6:37am On Feb 28, 2018
ELff:

My infinix Hot Note 2 performed better. I know what I'm saying. Never knew warranty doesn't cover water damage but my pain is how they came up with that amount. They kept on telling me it's the panel. No trouble shooting no nothing, the Engineer just said it's the panel.

I took it to another engineer who doesn't work with Gionee, he plugged the device and the red charging light came on and he said it's the screen, then I asked him are you sure it's not the panel, he said if it's the panel the light wouldn't come on. At Gionee office, they neither plugged it or even looked at it, they simply asked me what happened to the device and I said it fell into the water and the next thing they show me a price of 49k plus and say it's the panel.

I feel they are trying to rip me off and that's how they rip so many others off, how do you not troubleshoot a device and you draw a conclusion as to what is the problem. I don't understand.
guy dont let all these engineers reap off u i.I use gionee m5 it fell into water last yr d screen didnt come up took it to 2 different technicians,said i would av to change the screen i inquired from their service centres the price of d screen,i just dumped it at home,after a month i picked it up again tried putting and viola it came up,av been using it since dat tym

P.s this is the second tym its falling into water

2 Likes

Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by calddon(m): 10:35am On Feb 28, 2018
D only tin I hate about d m6 is d UI....it's wack
Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by Lipscomb(m): 10:42am On Feb 28, 2018
shocked yes they don't know him or his existence but I can categorically tell you the guy has confused the number of people who are willing to buy the phone before.
oPPOSEE:
Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by austinereds(m): 10:59am On Feb 28, 2018
Ogah calm down. it will come to life. don't give customer care any chance to reap you off. talk to you engineer well
Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by jerome84(m): 11:29am On Feb 28, 2018
Gionee all the way, using my m5+ for close to 2 years, still blazing hot... One of the best batteries, no lags during gaming, nice camera... Etc, water entering the phone is your fault bro, warranty doesn't have to cover that here in Naija.

1 Like

Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by iboboyswag(m): 11:42am On Feb 28, 2018
ELff:

Lol, I am just pissed that I have to pay almost 50k to fix a phone that has warranty and without sentiments like I said, it's not worth the amount. Its great and all that but for the price at which I got it, it's not worth it.

Of course it lags, I don't do games so I can't tell about games. Sometimes, the network on my phone shuts off by itself and so many others, maybe it's just my phone or maybe because I have a Samsung so I tend to compare it with it but like someone said, Samsung is on a league of its own. There's no comparison. If I had known better, would have made a better choice.

And yes, I am pissed that the intra didn't get value for my initial spend and I need to dole out another huge amount of to fix it. The whole thing is really annoying me.

You knew better, was advised better but chose to heed only your voice.

1 Like

Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by Bullet01(f): 11:48am On Feb 28, 2018
I have been using gionee M6 since Jan 18. I have no problem so far except for some lags and virus. Battery performance is wow, screen and camera is excellent too.

Warranty does not cover user caused damages and complaints.
Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by ELff: 12:10pm On Feb 28, 2018
Bullet01:
I have been using gionee M6 since Jan 18. I have no problem so far except for some lags and virus. Battery performance is wow, screen and camera is excellent too.

Warranty does not cover user caused damages and complaints.

There is nothing wow about the screen and camera, you just started using it, I have used it for almost a year and I can categorically tell you that a 5MP Samsung is better than a 13MP Gionee. The performance of the phone is nothing to write home about.
Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by ELff: 12:10pm On Feb 28, 2018
iboboyswag:

You knew better, was advised better but chose to heed only your voice.
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by ELff: 12:13pm On Feb 28, 2018
oPPOSEE:

I am Elff and I can boldly say that splashing a 100k on a Gionee M6 is totally not worth it and this isn't because my phone fell into water and they are trying to reap me off, it's because I have used it and I am writing from that perspective. .
Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by ELff: 12:14pm On Feb 28, 2018
femi4:
Warranty doesn't cover:

Hardware damage via smashing your phone on the wall/floor

Damage caused by water

Broken screen due to your carelessness etc

Nothing is wrong with the phone, you are just too careless

How do you know I am careless, well I guess you are their staff so you rushed here to type without reading what I wrote.
Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by femi4: 12:32pm On Feb 28, 2018
ELff:

How do you know I am careless, well I guess you are their staff so you rushed here to type without reading what I wrote.
The following shows that you are careless.

I recently got drenched in the rain, my phone was in my bag, oh well I didn't know the rain was getting into my bag.

How can you be in the rain and water will touch a phone "well kept" in your bag.

That phone is not waterproof. Going forward, don't go near smartphones again, its meant for smart people
Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by Elbizzcklinz(m): 12:55pm On Feb 28, 2018
ELff:

*after putting it under sun to dry for more than 72 hours*
Guy you are the one that spoilt your phone instead of taking it for service. You kept it under sun to dry. What happened to your brain?
Gionee phone na crayfish wey you go dry under sun

I use gionee M5.. The phone na baba... All gionee phones are strong and durable.

YOU caused your problem.

2 Likes

Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by Sunkyphil(m): 1:04pm On Feb 28, 2018
Elbizzcklinz:

Guy you are the one that spoilt your phone instead of taking it for service. You kept it under sun to dry. What happened to your brain?

I use gionee M5.. The phone na baba... All gionee phones are strong and durable.

YOU caused your problem.
exactly i use m5 too d phone is rugged
Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by maeshal(m): 4:14pm On Feb 28, 2018
Gionee customer care center is the worst, had a problem with my M2 went there and they told me i will pay 18k to get it fixed, i was shocked considering they didn't look at the fault well, someone advised me to buy a new charger and i did that was the end of the problem till today no other problem, this was the same thing they quoted 18k.
ELff:

Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by Sunkyphil(m): 7:51pm On Feb 28, 2018
maeshal:
Gionee customer care center is the worst, had a problem with my M2 went there and they told me i will pay 18k to get it fixed, i was shocked considering they didn't look at the fault well, someone advised me to buy a new charger and i did that was the end of the problem till today no other problem, this was the same thing they quoted 18k.
same thing with carlcare
Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by ELff: 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2018
maeshal:

Thank you my brother, my pain is how did they arrive at that figure without even checking the phone?
Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by ELff: 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2018
Elbizzcklinz:

YOU caused your problem.

I will act like it didn't see that rubbish you wrote up there.
Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by Elbizzcklinz(m): 3:28pm On Mar 01, 2018
ELff:

I will act like it didn't see that rubbish you wrote up there.
LOL. Thank you
Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by Bullet01(f): 3:37pm On Mar 01, 2018
ELff:

There is nothing wow about the screen and camera, you just started using it, I have used it for almost a year and I can categorically tell you that a 5MP Samsung is better than a 13MP Gionee. The performance of the phone is nothing to write home about.

You are correct sir. But its screen and camera is better than other china brand we have around.
Re: Stay Off GIONEE M6, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 01, 2018
All these Chinese poo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alcatel Pop 4+ Honest Review / What Is The Difference Between Infinix Hot 8 And Hot 8 Lite / Can Tecno Phones Ping Blackberry Users On BBM?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.