Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,143 members, 7,829,083 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

What Is This Song Saying?! (tilda- Christiana) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Is This Song Saying?! (tilda- Christiana) (4152 Views)

Abeg Who Knows What Burna Boy Is Saying In This Song??? / The Dream And Christiana Milan Splits / Anyone Heard Fo This Song Choko By Sean Tero. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is This Song Saying?! (tilda- Christiana) by DollyBaby(f): 12:49am On Apr 27, 2010
Heya guys,

So i was trawling youtube, (as you do) and i came across a song called Christiana by Tilda,  Now 1st of all i couldn't figure out what language the song was in then i started thinking, hold on,  i know someone called Christiana,  What's this song saying??!

So if anyone knows what the song is saying and can translate or at least knows what language its in i can take it from there!

Heres the youtube link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zDfhTOcprs&feature=related

Thankies
kiss
xx
Re: What Is This Song Saying?! (tilda- Christiana) by ofokaofoki: 12:13pm On Apr 27, 2010
i think i love the song, thanks dolly for bringing it to my attention kiss kiss
Re: What Is This Song Saying?! (tilda- Christiana) by Baroba(m): 1:11am On Apr 28, 2010
newbie here, the song was orignally by the late great Nico Mbraga of sweet mother fame, it's an igbo panko-highlife song which talks of a young girl Christiana who promised to marry hter lover after he put her through school. Christiana got educated and wanted to pay of her beau to marry another woman. Her levels changed cheesy so she wanted and upgrade, this song was the poor man's lamentation.

Tilda is a camerounian who hooked up with Nico's Rocafil jazz band when he came to London. Her igbo aint sound probably why u couldn't understand the lingo, she tried though.

Am typing on a touch screen phone, so am limited. Search for the original by prince Nico, its a million times better.
Re: What Is This Song Saying?! (tilda- Christiana) by DollyBaby(f): 8:15pm On Apr 30, 2010
ahhh yeah thanks guys! i guessed it was probably igbo so i took a chance and asked my boyfriend to translate for me, the poor guy! bad christiana! tongue
Re: What Is This Song Saying?! (tilda- Christiana) by Mcee60: 8:48pm On Sep 01, 2016
Yea am Igbo , the man was lamenting on how he suffered for Christiana, and did everything she asked him to do even when she asked him to take her to school to be educated , then she came back from school he asked her to get married to him but she refused and told him she would give him money to get a new wife , the he starts lamenting that she used him for his money

(1) (Reply)

New 9ja Hits 2011 Mix Free Download! / Album. Download Joyner Lucas ADHD Full 2020 / Tuface Video: Enter D Place.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.