Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,772 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Deeper Life Church Builds Park And Bridge In Lagos (Photos) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Church Builds Park And Bridge In Lagos (Photos) (44217 Views)

Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church / Deeper Life Church Suspends Wedding In Bayelsa As Couple Eats From Same Plate / Deeper Life Church Completes Headquarters After 15 Years (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deeper Life Church Builds Park And Bridge In Lagos (Photos) by lizyamos(f): 10:46pm On Feb 28, 2018
Sorry dear but that's not the truth. As far back as 2005 the church members already knew that there was going to be a park but we were not told how big or small it will be. Fashola or no fashola the park was in the plan. Am no longer their member but that does not mean I won't apprecciat their effort.
ProjectNaija:
It's really wrong and dishonest to claim that deeper life donated a car park and bridge to the public as the car park is not open to the public but strictly for their private use in their new church head quarters building. The truth is that the church did not even have any plans to build this car park till it was imposed on them by governor Fashola as a precondition for allowing them to open and operate from the premises. The truth is that building approval should never have been given to a church of that size (40,000) capacity in a residential area because of traffic considerations but somehow they got it. Along the line when residents of the area(i am one) saw how big the structure was and the implications for traffic, some of us petitioned the then governor of Lagos state(Fashola) and Fashola came personally to inspect the site. It was then he gave them the condition of providing adequate parking and an alternative route(bridge) as a precondition for allowing them to open the church. The church had no concerns about the traffic problems their being there would cause neither did they care and if not for Fashola they would have gone ahead to open the church years ago not giving a damn about the horrendous traffic a church of the size will cause in a residential area. For them to spin it round and give an impression that they are donating something to the public is damn right nauseating. They built because it was imposed on them and for their own selfish reasons.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Church Builds Park And Bridge In Lagos (Photos) by kanosalami: 12:39am On Mar 01, 2018
Oladimejyy:
Where is that cow called Freez
you mean the ugly Romanian? I just pity his girlfriend
Re: Deeper Life Church Builds Park And Bridge In Lagos (Photos) by progress69: 12:55am On Mar 01, 2018
ProjectNaija:
It's really wrong and dishonest to claim that deeper life donated a car park and bridge to the public as the car park is not open to the public but strictly for their private use in their new church head quarters building. The truth is that the church did not even have any plans to build this car park till it was imposed on them by governor Fashola as a precondition for allowing them to open and operate from the premises. The truth is that building approval should never have been given to a church of that size (40,000) capacity in a residential area because of traffic considerations but somehow they got it. Along the line when residents of the area(i am one) saw how big the structure was and the implications for traffic, some of us petitioned the then governor of Lagos state(Fashola) and Fashola came personally to inspect the site. It was then he gave them the condition of providing adequate parking and an alternative route(bridge) as a precondition for allowing them to open the church. The church had no concerns about the traffic problems their being there would cause neither did they care and if not for Fashola they would have gone ahead to open the church years ago not giving a damn about the horrendous traffic a church of the size will cause in a residential area. For them to spin it round and give an impression that they are donating something to the public is damn right nauseating. They built because it was imposed on them and for their own selfish reasons.

This is a very big lie.
I somewhat saw the plans from the onset. That bridge and a mega car park have been in their plan from the onset. I happened to know this cos one of my friends brothers company who live and own an ICT company in the area was lobbying to take care of their ICT

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Church Builds Park And Bridge In Lagos (Photos) by Nadalmessi: 1:23am On Mar 01, 2018
Praktikals:

Boss, forget that thing o. Deeper life fit get money pass those church weh you mention o
Deeper life get money, them no they show am for body, but when you know them.
Re: Deeper Life Church Builds Park And Bridge In Lagos (Photos) by boringnigerian: 1:34am On Mar 01, 2018
Wait, when you say Park, do you mean car park or recreational Park.....because there is no recreational Park in that vicinity
Re: Deeper Life Church Builds Park And Bridge In Lagos (Photos) by ollybosieb: 1:37am On Mar 01, 2018
phayvoursky:
THIS IS GOOD AND COMMENDABLE.

IF DEEPER LIFE COULD ACHIEVE THIS FEAT EVEN IF ITS JUST TO EASE MOVEMENT FOR THOSE COMING INTO THE WORSHIP CENTRE; IMAGINE WHAT WINNERS OR RCCG CAN DO.

THE CHURCH CAN CHANGE THINGS. IF EACH CHURCH HAS FREE HOSPITALS AND SCHOOLS AND DON'T YOU THINK NIGERIA WILL BE A BETTER PLACE.

IF THE GOVERNMENT CANT UTILISE MY TAXES AND THE CHURCH CAN UTILISE MY OFFERINGS AND PLEDGES; I'D DEFINITELY PUT MY RESOURCES INTO A SYSTEM THAT WORKS.

Very well said
Re: Deeper Life Church Builds Park And Bridge In Lagos (Photos) by 1603yyyy: 6:09am On Mar 01, 2018
veacea:
Where is brother daddy freeze
He dey inside freezer

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Church Builds Park And Bridge In Lagos (Photos) by obentenyson(m): 8:30am On Mar 01, 2018
youalreadyknow:

Quiet your mouth and be reasonable for once. The man stated facts which you couldn't debunk other than say rubbish. Did Deeper life embark on the bridge and park project 15 years ago? Or the project of building their Church. Is the bridge and park meant for public use? Or a gateway and park to and for the church. Sentimental and hypocritical cowards.
pls what are the facts again? Just because someone said something, that makes it fact? I can see you are one of those retard daddy freeze disciples who don't see anything good in what the church does... The bridge built, was it built inside the church or outside? Cos am sure you have not being to that area before that's why idiots like you would say its meant for the church only, as if its only the church that will use that road and other buses will be banned.. If it for the church alone, why was Lagos state government at the opening of the bridge? The street lights, were they located inside the church or in the areas or on the street.. Better appreciate good thing that good people are doing if not people like you will never move forward or be appreciated...

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Church Builds Park And Bridge In Lagos (Photos) by egojeny1(f): 12:38pm On Mar 01, 2018
ProjectNaija:
This was exactly what happened.
The first day i came 2 Gbagada and saw dt church I was like how can govt allow deeper life to build such a magnificient structure of that size in a tight area like that. That church is supposed to be built along the express and not in such a tight area. Watch out what will happen when they ll start using it and when they ll start having programs there. Gbagada pple are going to suffer wch i am one of them coz it's then we will realise that even the car pack is not enough.
I know how populated their church programs can be especially during the festive period.
In all I commend their effort.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Church Builds Park And Bridge In Lagos (Photos) by egojeny1(f): 1:11pm On Mar 01, 2018
Cyberknight:

Well said. I used to live in Gbagada and am also well aware that this is in no way a "public spirited" act, but rather an imposed requirement from the government to mitigate the anticipated disruption that the huge church might cause in the area, with respect to traffic and gridlock.

As a matter of fact, I think Fashola applied too much sentiment in allowing Deeper Life to remain there. Possibly being a Muslim and not wanting it to seem as if he was victimising a church, but truth be told, that church should have been relocated elsewhere, despite their having been a very early comer to Gbagada. A 40,000 capacity facility is bound to constitute some degree of nuisance, and such facilities should be sited well away from built up areas, in my opinion.
Exactly
Re: Deeper Life Church Builds Park And Bridge In Lagos (Photos) by despi64(m): 1:32pm On Mar 01, 2018
Damicares:
Talk with sense now. mtcheew!
come give me sense abeg
Re: Deeper Life Church Builds Park And Bridge In Lagos (Photos) by kinguwem: 11:16am On Dec 03, 2023
phayvoursky:
THIS IS GOOD AND COMMENDABLE.

IF DEEPER LIFE COULD ACHIEVE THIS FEAT EVEN IF ITS JUST TO EASE MOVEMENT FOR THOSE COMING INTO THE WORSHIP CENTRE; IMAGINE WHAT WINNERS OR RCCG CAN DO.

THE CHURCH CAN CHANGE THINGS. IF EACH CHURCH HAS FREE HOSPITALS AND SCHOOLS AND DON'T YOU THINK NIGERIA WILL BE A BETTER PLACE.

IF THE GOVERNMENT CANT UTILISE MY TAXES AND THE CHURCH CAN UTILISE MY OFFERINGS AND PLEDGES; I'D DEFINITELY PUT MY RESOURCES INTO A SYSTEM THAT WORKS.
You're correct. That's how the society works in civilized climes. Some of our churches can run schools & hospitals. But emphasis here is on creating more branches and sustaining church bureacracy. And some officers live on the church collections.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Kicked Out Of Anglican Church In Warri For 'Not Paying Tithe, Dressing Well' / Before And After Photos Of The "Withcraft Children" Rescued In Akwa Ibom / How Do They Use Bible & Key To Catch A Thief. How Effective & D Consequence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.