Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack (25606 Views)

Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach / Ekundayo Ebenezer Mawoyeka Dies Of Heart Attack During Match In Turkey (photos) / Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by kabakaauu: 2:45pm On Feb 28, 2018
Former Barcelona striker Enrique Castro dies after heart attack.

Former Barcelona striker Enrique Castro has died after he suffered a heart attack on Tuesday, February 27

Castro who was 68-years-old was a fan favourite as a striker for Barcelona, made a total of 178 appearances for Barcelona and scored over 70 goals.

Castro played for the Catalan club between 1980 and 1984 was presented a golden badge by Barcelona president in 2016 for his loyalty and dedication to the club.

He won five trophies in his time as a Barcelona Player as his death has brought out reactions from Barcelona supporters across the world.

The official Twitter handle of FC Barcelona confirmed the death of Castro with a message on its official Twitter account which said, “Enrique Castro ‘Quini’ dies (1949-2018), a player and legend of our Club. The Camp Nou will never forget your legacy. RIP”

Barcelona President, Josep Bartomeu reacted to the death of the clubs icon by posting a message on his official Twitter account.

He said, “Dismayed by the death of Quini, an extraordinary player and an incredible person who won a privileged place in the hearts of the Barça players and the world of football. Our heartfelt condolences to your family and friends.”

Former Barcelona coach Luis Enrique also reacted to the death of Castro on his Twitter handle.

He said, “Warlock, Q happy you made me in my beginnings. I’ll never forget you. Affectionate, simple and close. It’s your turn to rest, in peace.”

The late forward played for Spanish side Sporting Gijon before his move to Barcelona, and after his time with the Catalan outfit he returned to Sporting.

Source: http://www.clintgist.com/enrique-castro-dies-after-heart-attack-id8048871-html/

Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by kizz007: 5:26pm On Feb 28, 2018
R.I.P ENRIQUE . OYA MAKE UNA PAY ME MY F.T.C MONEY smiley

10 Likes

Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by lovelove2323: 5:26pm On Feb 28, 2018
R I P embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by McDreKing(m): 5:26pm On Feb 28, 2018
RIP

1 Like

Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 28, 2018
Eeya, RIP.
Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 28, 2018
RIP MAN Enrique, coming from Soccer lover!
Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by Heartmender1: 5:26pm On Feb 28, 2018
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed ;RIP embarassed cry cry
Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by id4sho(m): 5:26pm On Feb 28, 2018
RIP
dis nursery rhyme
Old Roger is dead and gone to his grave,
H’m, ha! gone to his grave.

They planted an apple tree over his head.
H’m, ha! over his head

The apple grew ripe and ready to drop,
H’m, ha! ready to drop

There came a high wind and blew them all off,
H’m, ha! blew them all off

There came and old woman to pick them all up.
H’m, ha! pick them all up.

Old Roger got up and have her a knock,
H’m, ha! gave her a knock.

Which made the old woman go hipperty-hop,
H’m, ha! hipperty hop.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by Humbleiyke: 5:26pm On Feb 28, 2018
Fct again!
Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by ateamblezing(f): 5:27pm On Feb 28, 2018
Oh my cry
Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by pampamafolabi8: 5:27pm On Feb 28, 2018
RIP...such is life
Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by manuel4real(m): 5:27pm On Feb 28, 2018
kk
Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by Ogbenisoft28(m): 5:27pm On Feb 28, 2018
Chai! FTC

1 Like

Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 28, 2018
kabakaauu:

Former Barcelona striker Enrique Castro has died after he suffered a heart attack on Tuesday, February 27

Castro who was 68-years-old was a fan favourite as a striker for Barcelona, made a total of 178 appearances for Barcelona and scored over 70 goals.

Castro played for the Catalan club between 1980 and 1984 was presented a golden badge by Barcelona president in 2016 for his loyalty and dedication to the club.

He won five trophies in his time as a Barcelona Player as his death has brought out reactions from Barcelona supporters across the world.

The official Twitter handle of FC Barcelona confirmed the death of Castro with a message on its official Twitter account which said, “Enrique Castro ‘Quini’ dies (1949-2018), a player and legend of our Club. The Camp Nou will never forget your legacy. RIP”

Barcelona President, Josep Bartomeu reacted to the death of the clubs icon by posting a message on his official Twitter account.

He said, “Dismayed by the death of Quini, an extraordinary player and an incredible person who won a privileged place in the hearts of the Barça players and the world of football. Our heartfelt condolences to your family and friends.”

Former Barcelona coach Luis Enrique also reacted to the death of Castro on his Twitter handle.

He said, “Warlock, Q happy you made me in my beginnings. I’ll never forget you. Affectionate, simple and close. It’s your turn to rest, in peace.”

The late forward played for Spanish side Sporting Gijon before his move to Barcelona, and after his time with the Catalan outfit he returned to Sporting.

Source: http://www.clintgist.com/enrique-castro-dies-after-heart-attack-id8048871-html/

Never heard of him
But RIP sha

1 Like

Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by osemoses1234(m): 5:27pm On Feb 28, 2018
Rip
Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by dhamstar(m): 5:27pm On Feb 28, 2018
rip control
Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by AngelicBeing: 5:27pm On Feb 28, 2018
sad

Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by osemoses1234(m): 5:28pm On Feb 28, 2018
kizz007:
a
for who die again fear God nah
Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by Pedrojnr31: 5:30pm On Feb 28, 2018
Rip man
Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by youalreadyknow(m): 5:33pm On Feb 28, 2018
RIP to a Barca Legend
Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by LZAA: 5:33pm On Feb 28, 2018
kabakaauu:

lol this guy was kidnapped during his playing days for ransom and was later seen in a carpark.his kidnap coincided with barca's loss of form which cost them the title
RIP "Quini"
Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by chuksjuve(m): 5:34pm On Feb 28, 2018
RIP

I don't know him TBH
Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by room089: 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2018
RIP Castro
Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by Mckandre(m): 5:39pm On Feb 28, 2018
those days when football players put on boxers as jerseys.

Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by Jaytecq(m): 5:50pm On Feb 28, 2018
RIP.
up barca
Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by rexesq(m): 6:22pm On Feb 28, 2018
it is said that exercise keeps the heart healthy. why do footballers die if heart attack?

1 Like

Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by adek6555: 6:24pm On Feb 28, 2018
Rip
Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by tellwisdom: 6:35pm On Feb 28, 2018
Naa Messi I know undecided
Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 28, 2018
id4sho:
RIP
dis nursery rhyme
Old Roger is dead and gone to his grave,
H’m, ha! gone to his grave.

They planted an apple tree over his head.
H’m, ha! over his head

The apple grew ripe and ready to drop,
H’m, ha! ready to drop

There came a high wind and blew them all off,
H’m, ha! blew them all off

There came and old woman to pick them all up.
H’m, ha! pick them all up.

Old Roger got up and have her a knock,
H’m, ha! gave her a knock.

Which made the old woman go hipperty-hop,
H’m, ha! hipperty hop.
This guy can lie. Roger woke up and knocked the old woman abi?
Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by sustainability(m): 7:31pm On Feb 28, 2018
RIP Castro
Re: Enrique Castro Dies Of Heart Attack by sayisayi(m): 7:41pm On Feb 28, 2018
99.95 of naija Barcelona fans started supporting from 2005 onwards....

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

2018 World Cup : African Hopefuls In Russia Profiled / Nigeria Vs Zimbabwe: International Friendly (0 - 0) Full Time / Nigeria Vs Colombia [1 - 0] @ Women's U-20 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.