Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,765 members, 7,813,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Terrible Experience With Hybrid Layer Feed - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Terrible Experience With Hybrid Layer Feed (3948 Views)

Hybrid Layer Concentrate Available For Your Livestock / Hybrid Layer Mash And Possible Drop In Egg Production???? / Dont Be Fooled, Here Is A Practical Cost Analysis Of Raising 100 Layer Birds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terrible Experience With Hybrid Layer Feed by benzion72(m): 3:54pm On Feb 28, 2018
I have been using hybrid layer feed for the past six months and have recorded between 70 and 85 percent. A bag goes for 3400 at Ile Ife.

When Chikun came I was skeptical about their feed it came at a lower price 3100 and I do not need transportation.

The feed produced on January 29th 2018 supplied to me has caused scatter scatter for the past one month the birds are not eating Hybrid layer feed as expected and egg production has dropped to 30 percent. Currently I am running at loss.

I av tried to call hybrid feed on their customer care number 08055980514 and 07065340445 the line was not going and the email sent to feedtechgroup@yahoo.com
was not replied.

I don't know if anybody is having this experience with Hybrid feed. I do not know why they reduce their price to 3100 to stay competitive with Chikun and the farmer were not considered
Re: Terrible Experience With Hybrid Layer Feed by jfkenny(m): 7:45pm On Feb 28, 2018
Seems feeds costs more at ile ife than anambra stae. Try out another feed or try mix with pkc..
Re: Terrible Experience With Hybrid Layer Feed by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 28, 2018
jfkenny:
Seems feeds costs more at ile ife than anambra stae. Try out another feed or try mix with pkc..
Why mix with PKC? That's a bad advise
Re: Terrible Experience With Hybrid Layer Feed by adesaheed99(m): 9:15pm On Feb 28, 2018
Why do poultry farmers always capitalize on feed to be the only source of drop in production? Why not check your management, health of the birds, weather condition among other things. The truth is feed hardly causes that much drop in production.

1 Like

Re: Terrible Experience With Hybrid Layer Feed by jfkenny(m): 3:15am On Mar 01, 2018
EMMAACHILE:
Why mix with PKC? That's a bad advise
okay, never knew but my egg normally drops if i dont give pkc

1 Like

Re: Terrible Experience With Hybrid Layer Feed by obstead200(m): 5:09am On Mar 01, 2018
adesaheed99:
Why do poultry farmers always capitalize on feed to be the only source of drop in production? Why not check your management, health of the birds, weather condition among other things. The truth is feed hardly causes that much drop in production.
Very correct. OP, if ur birds are not eating hybrid, just keep it aside and buy animal care or chikun. If they still fail to eat well, deworm them, give them anti biotics for a few days, take a 2 day break, give them lasota.
Then fire vitamins for 5 days.

Thank me later

2 Likes

Re: Terrible Experience With Hybrid Layer Feed by benzion72(m): 11:22am On Mar 01, 2018
adesaheed99:

I buy my feed in bulk, the last I used was produced in December the bed performed so well with it. Immediately we gave them the batch produced on 29th of January 2018 they just won't eat it.

I have applied antibiotic, they have been giving vitamin and I have boosted them with Lasota.
Re: Terrible Experience With Hybrid Layer Feed by oluwasemipe(m): 11:44am On Mar 01, 2018
I think most of the feed makers are now compromising their feed now because of new feeds on sales now with good composition and at lesser price,my advice to you is Look beyond the feed for now,for them not to be eating well then something is wrong with you birds and not feed,if bird the birds are healthy they will eat the normal quantity of feed but might affect their production or growth.secondly,you are making the mistake of adding pkc to their feed coz adding of pkc will not make them to digest their feed very well which will make the palmkernel shell to store in their gizzards and as a result might lead to high mortality rate.i consult for farms and I must confess to you that I have not been finding it rosy with my clients using hybrid feeds.

1 Like

Re: Terrible Experience With Hybrid Layer Feed by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 01, 2018
The best feeds are Chikun/Rico Gado currently. Though I have not tested animalcare before.

Others are just there. If you have the cash and time, its best you formulate your own feed.

1 Like

Re: Terrible Experience With Hybrid Layer Feed by Turks: 1:14pm On Mar 01, 2018
In my Opinion:

Feed efficacy depends on locality..
Re: Terrible Experience With Hybrid Layer Feed by benzion72(m): 5:46pm On Mar 01, 2018
oluwasemipe:
I think most of the feed makers are now compromising their feed now because of new feeds on sales now with good composition and at lesser price,my advice to you is Look beyond the feed for now,for them not to be eating well then something is wrong with you birds and not feed,if bird the birds are healthy they will eat the normal quantity of feed but might affect their production or growth.secondly,you are making the mistake of adding pkc to their feed coz adding of pkc will not make them to digest their feed very well which will make the palmkernel shell to store in their gizzards and as a result might lead to high mortality rate.i consult for farms and I must confess to you that I have not been finding it rosy with my clients using hybrid feeds.

I have never added anything to my feed, that is somebody advise here. my suspicion is why hybrid just reduce price to Chikun price and strong appealing smell just disappeared
Re: Terrible Experience With Hybrid Layer Feed by benzion72(m): 5:49pm On Mar 01, 2018
Turks:
In my Opinion:

Feed efficacy depends on locality..

They have been doing well in this locality before, even when the dry season was tough they were still eating how come whenrain come they refused to eat

1 Like

Re: Terrible Experience With Hybrid Layer Feed by oluwasemipe(m): 9:53pm On Mar 01, 2018
benzion72:

I have never added anything to my feed, that is somebody advise here. my suspicion is why hybrid just reduce price to Chikun price and strong appealing smell just disappeared
if you have not added any I will advise you not to alter your feed,if you want to be sure of what is wrong with your birds take a feed sample to the lab to check and also take their blood samples along with you.but I will like to ask you some few questions
Re: Terrible Experience With Hybrid Layer Feed by benzion72(m): 3:01pm On Mar 06, 2018
I have moved away from Hybrid feed. I have change to Chikun feed and my Birds are coming up again in egg laying. From 30 percent to 65 percent as at Yesterday. They have also stopped pecking and sucking of the egg. That how so many people have been ruined by feed millers. Altering feed formulation without recourse to the farmer and nobody will compensate you. on your own. Do NAFDAC even covered animal feeds

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tomatoes Farmer In The South West / Let Us Talk Marketing! / Foreign Turkeys Diary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.