Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. (26315 Views)

First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades / What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? / Tony Adibeh Has Built A World-class Students Hostel At The COOU Anambra(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by lascodii(m): 10:30am On Mar 01, 2018
dejavuh0007:
Lasu no dey smile at all. See as dem carry knife enter my gp last semester. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Even looking at the profile, I have known that you are a lasuite.. I'm also a lasuite.. I can even tell your course of study from looking at those courses
Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by Damicares(f): 10:47am On Mar 01, 2018
free2ryhme:

how many presidents, present and past, in the world had first class ?
the current president of Nigeria no even get ssce
Savage grin

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by Damicares(f): 10:51am On Mar 01, 2018
mickeyenglish:
Here we go again...

Today,it's First Class :- The Hidden Secret Keys,
Tomorrow,Second Class Upper :-Their Roles In Society,
Next,it is 2.2 graduates and how to package your CV,
Furthermore, you still see things such as 3rd class and ways to go around the veil of unemployment.

You people keep giving fleshy attributes to things that doesn't matter anymore. You keep holding onto bygone things such as degrees. It is always good and relevant to attend a University (I won't subscribe a polythecnic. It's a waste of time),but at this point in time, you need not pay attention to degrees anymore. I tell some of my friends who came out with very strong degrees in OAU (which is also my Alma mata) especially in fields of Tech and Engineering to set it aside and tell me what they can do with it. They instantly go dumb and start chest beating about their valour and prowess in academics and blaming me for studying English Language .

What is the essence of the grades when you can't solve my problem which is related to your field? Your are a mech Eng grad and you can't give me a mini farm tractor or even it's caricature for my agro business and you call yourself a First Class genius?you are useless to me as an agropreneur and the Nation at large in terms of Agriculture and diversification.What is your essence on earth when as a Computer Science grad,you can't even build an Android or mobile App which me as an English language graduate has become a guru in?then you are just as useless as a cigarette butt. You are a graduate of Bio Chem, have you asked your self; what is my essence and input into the economy of the country? I see people study Physics in Nigerian institutions and wonder if they would ever be called Scientists or even physicists like their counterparts from MIT and other top notch institutions around the world.

I wonder if the likes of John Rockerfella had that much classroom exposure before he ventured into Gasoline and Kerosene,as no one ever addressed him as a petrochemical engineer or did Henry Ford who gave us Automobile was ever adresssed as a Mechanical Engineer. If we put them side by side with the so called First Class or our everly sound erudite Professors,i wonder who Nigerians would adresss as dullards or illetrate.

While others are going about, inventing and breaking grounds in Science, Medicine, Technology and, Weapons development, our First Class graduates and other strong degree holders are here running around with their impressive CVs looking and praying for that impressive elusive sweet job.

Conversely, I'm not insinuating that you should forgo your academics, but make sure that when you get that grade, be it First Class or Pass, determine the course of your race, change the lives of your fellow Africans with ground breaking developments and inventions or just go into areas where the economy needs you the most which to me is; Tech, Agriculture and, Power.

I have done my part as a Nigerian, though I'm not even 25yet, and not yet mobilised for NYSC, I can boast today of being a Software developer(Java), Android developer, Blogger and, Agropreneur. What do you thing would happen to my life before I clock 35?dont you think by then, I would have become a massive employer of labor? Both skilled and unskilled waiting on me to give them their monthly stipend in form of salaries.Its not because I'm more intelligent than the assumed first-class holders but because I was able to key into the Nigerian dream which has eluded and blinded some people. You can't make your money in the US or say other developed country you can only do that in developing countries like Nigeria with a very huge and powerful economy and population.l or do you think Nigerians would feed on prayers rather than food or Agricultural products? kiss .

Finally, me as a person, immediately after my NYSC I'll get my Masters degree in a different course entire maybe in Archeology,History,International relations, Metaphysis,or Theology and then proceed for my PhD in any of those courses but in leisure and I don't see myself job hunting with it in a thousand years because I believe learning is meant for self development and evolution and not running around on ties and suits in sun.. Trust me those courses are quite interesting only when you are doing it without the stress of searching for a living with it.

Nevertheless, as a social media influencer, Mr Jarushub, you and your team, should girdle up your loins and re-brain wash this first class dreamers to attend more entrepreneur and Tech seminars and agro business seminars on campus like Ted and the likes, even if it implies paying fees to register for such. I know they would listen to you smiley

Post No Bill
You are making a whole lot of sense.
would like to chat with you privately though

3 Likes

Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by dejavuh0007(m): 10:57am On Mar 01, 2018
lascodii:
Even looking at the profile, I have known that you are a lasuite.. I'm also a lasuite.. I can even tell your course of study from looking at those courses
greatest lasuite o grin. Wc faculty u dey?
Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by dejavuh0007(m): 11:11am On Mar 01, 2018
eterisan:
in patience jonathan's voice.... Chaiiiii
Diaris Godt.
Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by JARUSHUB: 11:22am On Mar 01, 2018
OreoPaschal:
Dear Jarushub,
Please, how can one apply for PhD without going for masters?

This is possible by having a good first degree (preferably a first class), scoring excellently on standardised tests (GRE/GMAT/IELTS/TOEFL), drafting a superb research proposal and personal statement etc. Then you can apply for programs (and scholarships) at universities that accept candidates into their PhD programs without having a masters' degree. Countries nay schools differ, so it is important you research properly. If cost is a deterrent, you can check out countries where it is affordable coupled with top institutions in their locality and minimal immigration hassles.
http://www.jarushub.com/6-countries-you-can-study-at-top-universities-with-affordable-fees-and-minimal-immigration-hassles/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by lascodii(m): 11:42am On Mar 01, 2018
dejavuh0007:
greatest lasuite o grin. Wc faculty u dey?
Sciences
Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by dejavuh0007(m): 11:52am On Mar 01, 2018
lascodii:
Sciences
sciences loun loun?? Too far from mine. Anyway nice to meet u
Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by scholarsarena: 1:25pm On Mar 01, 2018
mickeyenglish:
Here we go again...

Furthermore, you still see things such as 3rd class and ways to go around the veil of unemployment.

You people keep giving fleshy attributes to things that doesn't matter anymore. You keep holding onto bygone things such as degrees. It is always good and relevant to attend a University (I won't subscribe a polythecnic. It's a waste of time),but at this point in time, you need not pay attention to degrees anymore. I tell some of my friends who came out with very strong degrees in OAU (which is also my Alma mata) especially in fields of Tech and Engineering to set it aside and tell me what they can do with it. They instantly go dumb and start chest beating about their valour and prowess in academics and blaming me for studying English Language .

What is the essence of the grades when you can't solve my problem which is related to your field? Your are a mech Eng grad and you can't give me a mini farm tractor or even it's caricature for my agro business and you call yourself a First Class genius?you are useless to me as an agropreneur and the Nation at large in terms of Agriculture and diversification.What is your essence on earth when as a Computer Science grad,you can't even build an Android or mobile App which me as an English language graduate has become a guru in?then you are just as useless as a cigarette butt. You are a graduate of Bio Chem, have you asked your self; what is my essence and input into the economy of the country? I see people study Physics in Nigerian institutions and wonder if they would ever be called Scientists or even physicists like their counterparts from MIT and other top notch institutions around the world.

I wonder if the likes of John Rockerfella had that much classroom exposure before he ventured into Gasoline and Kerosene,as no one ever addressed him as a petrochemical engineer or did Henry Ford who gave us Automobile was ever adresssed as a Mechanical Engineer. If we put them side by side with the so called First Class or our everly sound erudite Professors,i wonder who Nigerians would adresss as dullards or illetrate.

While others are going about, inventing and breaking grounds in Science, Medicine, Technology and, Weapons development, our First Class graduates and other strong degree holders are here running around with their impressive CVs looking and praying for that impressive elusive sweet job.

Conversely, I'm not insinuating that you should forgo your academics, but make sure that when you get that grade, be it First Class or Pass, determine the course of your race, change the lives of your fellow Africans with ground breaking developments and inventions or just go into areas where the economy needs you the most which to me is; Tech, Agriculture and, Power.

I have done my part as a Nigerian, though I'm not even 25yet, and not yet mobilised for NYSC, I can boast today of being a Software developer(Java), Android developer, Blogger and, Agropreneur. What do you thing would happen to my life before I clock 35?dont you think by then, I would have become a massive employer of labor? Both skilled and unskilled waiting on me to give them their monthly stipend in form of salaries.Its not because I'm more intelligent than the assumed first-class holders but because I was able to key into the Nigerian dream which has eluded and blinded some people. You can't make your money in the US or say other developed countries ,you can only do that in developing countries like Nigeria with a very huge and powerful economy and population,or do you think Nigerians would feed on prayers rather than food or Agricultural products? kiss .

Finally, me as a person, immediately after my NYSC I'll get my Masters degree in a different course entire maybe in Archeology,History,International relations, Metaphysis,or Theology and then proceed for my PhD in any of those courses but in leisure and I don't see myself job hunting with it in a thousand years because I believe learning is meant for self development and evolution and not running around on ties and suits in sun.. Trust me those courses are quite interesting only when you are doing it without the stress of searching for a living with it.

Nevertheless, as a social media influencer, Mr Jarushub, you and your team, should girdle up your loins and re-brain wash these first class dreamers to attend more entrepreneur and Tech seminars and agro business seminars on campus like TedX and the likes, even if it implies paying fees to register for such. I know they would listen to you smiley

Post No Bill

I am in love with your ideas and propositions my brother.
True Education is meant to change your thought pattern and revolutionize your acts not to package you for job hunting!
The earlier we all get this, the better for us.

Btw, I sent you a pm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by Changes77(m): 1:36pm On Mar 01, 2018
[quote author=mickeyenglish post=65460758]Here we go again...

I have done my part as a Nigerian, though I'm not even 25yet, and not yet mobilised for NYSC, I can boast today of being a Software developer(Java), Android developer, Blogger and, Agropreneur. What do you thing would happen to my life before I clock 35?dont you think by then, I would have become a massive employer of labor? Both skilled and unskilled waiting on me to give them their monthly stipend in form of salaries.Its not because I'm more intelligent than the assumed first-class holders but because I was able to key into the Nigerian dream which has eluded and blinded some people. You can't make your money in the US or say other developed countries ,you can only do that in developing countries like Nigeria with a very huge and powerful economy and population,or do you think Nigerians would feed on prayers rather than food or Agricultural products? kiss .

Nevertheless, as a social media influencer, Mr Jarushub, you and your team, should girdle up your loins and re-brain wash these first class dreamers to attend more entrepreneur and Tech seminars and agro business seminars on campus like TedX and the likes, even if it implies paying fees to register for such. I know they would listen to you smiley

making sense

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by SammieLee1(m): 2:02pm On Mar 01, 2018
dz poster z quite correct. Most of his points are consciously or unconsciously carried out by d "Fez klaz" students.
I know a guy dt sleeps online(bkuz of his online jobs) , watches movies like mad, reads only 3hrs a day,started presenting papers at seminars from his school days and also graduated with a 1st class. Though he prayed a lot too same way he played alot.
So God also would love to see one put even if it's a lil effort d much u can, den he will expand ur horizon.

Take it from me,OP z quite on point. Dt guy z me!

3 Likes

Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by ogokam: 3:23pm On Mar 01, 2018
forreelinc:
;Dthey also f*ck and bribe lecturers

YOU ARE A BIG FOOL. YOU THINK EVERYBODY IS LIKE YOU?
Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by forreelinc(m): 3:43pm On Mar 01, 2018
ogokam:

YOU ARE A BIG FOOL. YOU THINK EVERYBODY IS LIKE YOU?
grin Eyah e no work for you abi? that is your fault, you should have allowed the right mr lecturer to f*ck you instead of every male worker in the school.
Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by Ojuororun(m): 4:14pm On Mar 01, 2018
STORY STORY SPACE BOOKER
Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by Xeeman(m): 5:23pm On Mar 01, 2018
You nailed it all bro.
I can 100% confirm that. Your fouth point attracted my comment. I finished my level four with CGPA of 4.40. With the level five courses, it is impossible to get 4.50 as such I have make permutations to select all the elective ( optional) courses. Luckly I ended up with 4.55.
Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by veanevan(m): 5:37pm On Mar 01, 2018
I can relate with most of these points.. Though, first class doesn't guarantee a job, but it sure gives you an advantage over others, ofcourse, if you can defend it..

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by Jarus(m): 5:46pm On Mar 01, 2018
Changes77:
Nevertheless, as a social media influencer, Mr Jarushub, you and your team, should girdle up your loins and re-brain wash these first class dreamers to attend more entrepreneur and Tech seminars and agro business seminars on campus like TedX and the likes, even if it implies paying fees to register for such. I know they would listen to you

Noted. LOL
Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by michelKalib(m): 6:55pm On Mar 01, 2018
JARUSHUB:

I like this topic very much.
Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by mymilicent: 8:02pm On Mar 01, 2018
forreelinc:
;Dthey also f*ck and bribe lecturers

This is the way of mediocres
Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by forreelinc(m): 8:11pm On Mar 01, 2018
mymilicent:

This is the way of mediocres
What grade did you graduate with?
Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by afamaustin(m): 9:37pm On Mar 01, 2018
I didn't knw how to calculate my GP until my year 3 by that time l found my Go WHR is not suppose to be then l feel sorry for my self
Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by JARUSHUB: 10:05pm On Mar 01, 2018
veanevan:
I can relate with most of these points.. Though, first class doesn't guarantee a job, but it sure gives you an advantage over others, of course, if you can defend it..

This can aid your search: https://www.nairaland.com/4368420/hold-first-class-degree-jobless
Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by jojothaiv(m): 10:39pm On Mar 01, 2018
OreoPaschal:
Dear Jarushub, Please, how can one apply for PhD without going for masters?
Lobatan, awon miracle worker, i think the grace is there na..
grin grin
Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by trilacos: 1:34am On Mar 02, 2018
Xeeman:
You nailed it all bro.
I can 100% confirm that. Your fouth point attracted my comment. I finished my level four with CGPA of 4.40. With the level five courses, it is impossible to get 4.50 as such I have make permutations to select all the elective ( optional) courses. Luckly I ended up with 4.55.
hı bro, can Wè talk offline?
Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by Sl2348: 6:08am On Mar 02, 2018
Nice one Op
Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by eterisan(m): 8:22am On Mar 02, 2018
Xeeman:
You nailed it all bro.
how come same thing happened to both of us.

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by InansBobo(m): 7:11am On Jun 14, 2018
pls can I still make First Class?
Got 3.9/5 or 2.9/4 [don't know the one my school will use yet)] in my first semester 100level studying CHem. Eng.
Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by Xeeman(m): 8:56pm On Aug 12, 2018
trilacos:
hı bro, can Wè talk offline?
Yes of course.
Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by trilacos: 9:59am On Aug 08, 2019
Xeeman:

Yes of course.
mention me when u re online.
Re: Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. by Xeeman(m): 12:32pm On Mar 28, 2020
trilacos:
mention me when u re online.
message me on sanimukhtar092@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Schools In Lagos Now To Resume On 8th October. / Parents And School Owners; Stop Abusing Summer Break. / Secondary School Boarding House List For Boys & Girls (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.