Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Why Did People Speak In Tongue In The Church When Others Can't Understand Or Hea - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did People Speak In Tongue In The Church When Others Can't Understand Or Hea (617 Views)

Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? / How Do You Feel After Speaking In Tongue? / Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did People Speak In Tongue In The Church When Others Can't Understand Or Hea by chibenn(m): 7:23pm On Feb 28, 2018
According to this verse,
In Acts 2:7-8
7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
When the deciples of Jesus gathered together in Jerusalem, and the holy spirit of God decended upon them and they speak in new tongues, and they hear them self's as they speak in their different language.

Questions:
So why is it that people, speak in tongues in the church when others have no understanding / hearing of what they are saying or doing , is it really necessary?
Re: Why Did People Speak In Tongue In The Church When Others Can't Understand Or Hea by Nwaikuku2(m): 8:02pm On Feb 28, 2018
Don't use the word "others" rather use "I". The reason is because you're carnal, maybe you don't have the gift of holy spirit. My dear pray for the gift of interpretation of tongues. Others do understand!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did People Speak In Tongue In The Church When Others Can't Understand Or Hea by So101: 8:49pm On Feb 28, 2018
Nwaikuku2:
Don't use the word "others" rather use "I". The reason is because you're carnal, maybe you don't have the gift of holy spirit. My dear pray for the gift of interpretation of tongues. Others do understand!
so are you saying you understand what people are saying when they speak in tongues? And please if you do what’s the name of the language they speak? Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did People Speak In Tongue In The Church When Others Can't Understand Or Hea by blessedvisky(m): 12:32am On Mar 01, 2018
So101:
so are you saying you understand what people are saying when they speak in tongues? And please if you do what’s the name of the language they speak? Thanks
The spirit gives utterance to the speaker and interpretation to the hearer and sometimes the speaker. This is why some people can interpret their tongues while some times, it's done by someone else.

The essence of it is to
1) reveal the secrets in the heart of men so they'll know God is in you of a truth.
2) to edify the church (members/believers)
3) to praise God and give thanks
Re: Why Did People Speak In Tongue In The Church When Others Can't Understand Or Hea by GoodMuyis(m): 7:28am On Mar 01, 2018
Its not the business others to hear. The prayer is talking to God in his spirit, and party involves in the prayer activities is God, Jesus, Holy Ghost and the prayer man.

Understanding to others is meaningless even if they hear. So never try to distract a man praying in tongue, he might be praying for someone unknown to him faraway in another country.

The Holy Ghost is at work
Re: Why Did People Speak In Tongue In The Church When Others Can't Understand Or Hea by Image123(m): 9:24am On Mar 01, 2018
chibenn:
According to this verse,
7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
When the deciples of Jesus gathered together in Jerusalem, and the holy spirit of God decended upon them and they speak in new tongues, and they hear them self's as they speak in their different language.

Questions:
So why is it that people, speak in tongues in the church when others have no understanding / hearing of what they are saying or doing , is it really necessary?

Don't mind them jare, I'll tell Daddy for them.
Re: Why Did People Speak In Tongue In The Church When Others Can't Understand Or Hea by Image123(m): 9:25am On Mar 01, 2018
Nwaikuku2:

Others don't understand sir. On what basis did you make this assertion?
Re: Why Did People Speak In Tongue In The Church When Others Can't Understand Or Hea by Image123(m): 9:27am On Mar 01, 2018
GoodMuyis:
Its not the business others to hear. The prayer is talking to God in his spirit, and party involves in the prayer activities is God, Jesus, Holy Ghost and the prayer man.

Understanding to others is meaningless even if they hear. So never try to distract a man praying in tongue, he might be praying for someone unknown to him faraway in another country.

The Holy Ghost is at work

But there's the gift of interpretation of tongues na, why would there be such gift if understanding is meaningless? Folks are used to it or interested in show off than to obey the Word of God in 1Corinthians 14

1 Like

Re: Why Did People Speak In Tongue In The Church When Others Can't Understand Or Hea by So101: 9:33am On Mar 01, 2018
blessedvisky:

The spirit gives utterance to the speaker and interpretation to the hearer and sometimes the speaker. This is why some people can interpret their tongues while some times, it's done by someone else.

The essence of it is to
1) reveal the secrets in the heart of men so they'll know God is in you of a truth.
2) to edify the church (members/believers)
3) to praise God and give thanks
I hear that but my question still went unanswered
Re: Why Did People Speak In Tongue In The Church When Others Can't Understand Or Hea by Hiswordxray(m): 9:44am On Mar 01, 2018
chibenn:
According to this verse,

Questions:
Instead of asking this question why didn't you ask, "how can I be filled with the holy Spirit and begin to speak in tongues"
Re: Why Did People Speak In Tongue In The Church When Others Can't Understand Or Hea by GoodMuyis(m): 11:42am On Mar 01, 2018
Image123:

But there's the gift of interpretation of tongues na, why would there be such gift if understanding is meaningless? Folks are used to it or interested in show off than to obey the Word of God in 1Corinthians 14

Folks who used it as show off are not serious with their prayer. If the person speaking in tongue is not passing a message to the congregation, their is no need to interpret his prayer so far he communing with God
Re: Why Did People Speak In Tongue In The Church When Others Can't Understand Or Hea by urbanemind(m): 5:35pm On Mar 01, 2018
Nwaikuku2:
if u would be sincere with ur self, , have u ever understood any of d blabbing people do when they say they are speaking in tongues??

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Your Women Are Prostitutes - Muslim Terrorist Group Tells Canadians / Christian Sees Jesus' Face On A Crab After God Spoke To Her - Miracle / Healing Even Incurable Diseases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.