Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,867 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Any Nigerian-trained Optometrists In The USA? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nigerian-trained Optometrists In The USA? (1780 Views)

Should I Still Travel To The USA? / Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? / Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Nigerian-trained Optometrists In The USA? by Unlimited22: 10:57pm On Feb 28, 2018
It is no secret that the health sector has been one of the most favourable sectors for prospective migrants.
However, the health sector, especially in the USA, is strictly regulated and can be laborious and cumbersome to get into.
The optometric profession is no different, hence the creation of this thread, to seek answers from optometrists who were trained in Nigeria but ate successfully practising in the USA.
Did you guys undergo another training period? The training mentioned on all the schools is for those who got a BSc but our program is an OD.
How easy was it to get sponsored for employment?
Did you have to do odd jobs before employment?
How were the licensing exams?
Any culture shocks in the eye field?
Please, I'll appreciate honest, prompt answers.
Let we who ate coming behind be able to plan adequately.
Re: Any Nigerian-trained Optometrists In The USA? by Unlimited22: 11:02pm On Feb 28, 2018
Cc justwise, DisGuy.
Re: Any Nigerian-trained Optometrists In The USA? by Unlimited22: 9:04am On Mar 06, 2018
Hello, anyone?
Re: Any Nigerian-trained Optometrists In The USA? by Unlimited22: 1:24pm On May 26, 2019
Boss ibime, please drop your email. I need a favour.
Re: Any Nigerian-trained Optometrists In The USA? by Ibime(m): 2:46pm On May 26, 2019
Unlimited22:
Boss ibime, please drop your email. I need a favour.

Drop yours and I'll email you
Re: Any Nigerian-trained Optometrists In The USA? by Unlimited22: 7:05pm On May 26, 2019
Ibime:

Drop yours and I'll email you
Favourokechi27@gmail.com
Re: Any Nigerian-trained Optometrists In The USA? by Unlimited22: 2:50pm On Aug 03, 2023
Sir Roland17, done sir. Check your mailbox.
Re: Any Nigerian-trained Optometrists In The USA? by Roland17(m): 4:37pm On Aug 03, 2023
Unlimited22:
Sir Roland17, done sir. Check your mailbox.

Check your mail

(1) (Reply)

How To Have Your Kids Get An American Passport Without Going To The US / United States Virgin Island Are Nigerians There? / I Need A Teaching Job In China Or Singapore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.