Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans (21260 Views)

Police Nab Abuja Second Most Wanted Kidnap Kingpin In Nasarawa Forest / Police Kill ‘shaho’ Kidnap Kingpin, Nab Gang Members In Kaduna / Kidnap Kingpin Shot Dead During Shootout With Police In Edo Forest. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by ihitenansa: 10:47pm On Mar 01, 2018
tundeayo2020:
please stop it!

Honestly I wish every other terrorists across the globe were only after material gains. It would have been easier to curtail, don't you think so too?
think??

cow humpers dont think

Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by AnanseK(m): 10:49pm On Mar 01, 2018
CYBERWEAVER:
if DASUKi gain freedom why not eva

space for sale

So when did Dasuki gain freedom? Anyway most of Evans victims were fellow Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by leye4u: 10:49pm On Mar 01, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I stand with Evans.
Free Evans.
MODs pls ban this guy, he is supporting criminals and that is against the rules of Nairaland...I guess they are in the same gang

1 Like

Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by tundeayo2020: 10:49pm On Mar 01, 2018
ihitenansa:
think??

cow humpers dont think
between me and you who suppose think?
Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by Pharaoh001(f): 10:52pm On Mar 01, 2018
shey police never free him nii? abi which kind lies b dis self undecided
Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by ihitenansa: 10:53pm On Mar 01, 2018
tundeayo2020:
between me and you who suppose think?

well, since u asked, id say its you who needs to use ur brain... because evn tho i quoted u, i was only referring to the cow u quoted earlier
Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by Sinof(m): 11:10pm On Mar 01, 2018
Josephjnr:
grin Sometimes one tiny part of your mind go the tell you say taking criminals to court na risk and waste of time. Somebody should kill Evans already.
Why Not Pull The Trigger Yourself And Take The Glory As 2018 Man Of The Year?
Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 01, 2018
kabrud:
Yes, the court should free you before those people from the forgotten land of yisreal and erosion headquarters of Nigeria start shouting marginalisation.

ode
Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by shekauvsbuhari: 11:25pm On Mar 01, 2018
kabrud:
Yes, the court should free you before those people from the forgotten land of yisreal and erosion headquarters of Nigeria start shouting marginalisation.
this ur shitty rants hav become stale.
Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by opribo(m): 11:31pm On Mar 01, 2018
The law is truly an ∆sshole. How many more years of enjoying tax payers money before they give him the same treatment he metted to others.

He confessed on TV to kidnapping, showed the world his kidnap den. Victims have opened up to his atrocities yet the court is still dilly-dallying with the matter.

Truly, I don't blame Nigerians when the take the law into their hands sometimes. Justice delayed is justice denied.
Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by frozen70(f): 11:58pm On Mar 01, 2018
kabrud:
Why not take your drugs given to you at yaba left before you loose yourself
Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by brojoshua: 12:02am On Mar 02, 2018
May be because all the looters and the executive and honorable criminals in the houses of assembly are going free and also because the judiciary, judges, government and governments and Nigerians are wickedly corrupt and so they should let you too go free. May be because there is no true and just justice and judgment in Nigeria but only jungle justice which indeed is satanic and judgment of corrupt people.
Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by ibijoh(m): 12:41am On Mar 02, 2018
Tjohnnay:

Seconded grin
Me too
Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by Yankee101: 12:44am On Mar 02, 2018
Not even by mistake
Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by kabrud: 6:14am On Mar 02, 2018
frozen70:

Why not take your drugs given to you at yaba left before you loose yourself
Stop mistaking me for your room mate. cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by kabrud: 6:14am On Mar 02, 2018
shekauvsbuhari:
this ur shitty rants hav become stale.
Lol, stale indeed.

1 Like

Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by kabrud: 6:15am On Mar 02, 2018
lillfyzzy:

ode
Akuya. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by LyfeJennings(m): 6:53am On Mar 02, 2018
This guy is one educated criminal
Well, let's see how this goes but I won't be surprise if he's let off the hook
Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by Kamsiyo112: 8:29am On Mar 02, 2018
Estar01:
By Estarsblog.com

Suspected kidnap kingpin, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike a.k.a Evans, has asked a Lagos High Court sitting in Igbosere to quash the two separate charges filed against him by the Lagos State Government.

Lagos had brought a fresh five-count charge bordering on conspiracy to kidnap, kidnapping and attempted murder against Evans and three others.

Evans is charged alongside Joseph Emeka, Ugochukwu Nwachukwu and Victor Aduba.

In the second charge, Evans is being tried alongside Joseph Emeka, Linus Okpara and Victor Aduba.

At the resumed hearing of the case on Wednesday, Counsel to the first defendant, Mr Olukoya Ogungbeje informed the court that he had filed a motion on notice to quash all the charge filed against the first defendant (Evans).

In the motion on notice, Ogungbeje said that ‎all the charges and the proof of evidence before the court did not establish any prima facie case against the first defendant.

He also said that all the charges were “grossly defective, incompetent and constituted an abuse of court processes”.

He stated that the prosecution had earlier filed similar charges and amended charges bordering on kidnapping against the same first defendant pending before the same High Court of Lagos State.

He averred that the two separate charges were brought in bad faith to “harass, oppress, hound, frustrate, vex and intimidate the first defendant.”

“It will be in the interest of justice if all the two separate charges are quashed and the defendant is accordingly discharged.”

Ogungbeje, however urged the court to ‎adopt the facts as stated in the affidavit in support of the motion on notice.

‎In her response to the motion, the State Director for Public Prosecutions (DPP), Ms Titilayo Shitta-Bey, said there was sufficient proof and evidence linking the first defendant to the offences brought before the court.

Shitta-Bey said that the first defendant was charged with the offence of conspiracy to commit kidnapping and kidnapping of one Uche Okereafor.

She also said that other charges filed against the first defendant before other judges involved different defendants, different offences and different victims.

“This particular charge is premised on Evans involvement in the kidnapping of Okereafor and collecting ransom in the sum of two million dollars from his family.”

The DPP urged the court to expunge the submission of the first defendant as it constituted opinions, conclusions and argument contrary to Section 115 of the Evidence Act.

Justice Adedayo Akintoye, after listening to all the arguments, adjourned the case until March 22 for ruling.

http://www.estarsblog.com/court-set-free-kidnap-kingpin-evans/

Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by ejimatic: 8:32am On Mar 02, 2018
Somebody is arrested when comiting a crime, still some lawyers will stand for him in court pleading that he is innocent- Where is conscience in legal practice?

(1) (2) (Reply)

15-Year-Old Nigerian Girl Declared Missing In Ghana Has Been Found / Herdsmen Barricade Delta Road, Rob Passengers / Fuel Subsidy Removal Drove Me Into Robbery In Lagos - Adeniran Jerimiah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.