Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,157 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Self-leadership: The Secret To Success - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Self-leadership: The Secret To Success (266 Views)

The Secret To Succeeding In An Ielts Test / Which Is Equivalent To Success, Hard Work, Smartwork, Luck? / What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Self-leadership: The Secret To Success by BIEmpowerment: 2:04pm On Mar 01, 2018
Self-Leadership

Over the weekend, I was in Abuja and I listened to a talk on self-leadership. Honestly, before he started, I was already wondering what self-leadership meant. It was such an inspiring talk and I thought to share a few of the tips I learned with you all.

Do you know how successful you would be if you take out time every day to think about how and what decisions you make. How decisions you make about yourself affects you and how it affects others.

Leadership starts with you.

Here are a few tips that can help you with self-leadership.

THE NEED TO CONDUCT A SELF-DISCOVERY ON YOURSELF: You need to take time out to discover who you are, your likes, how you spend your day and your time. All this will help you plan on how you can leverage on your strengths to your own benefit and others.
DO A SELF-APPRAISAL DAILY: This is very important because it gives you a clear perspective on how you have spent your day. Have you wasted time all day, probably watching only home videos? How many lives have you touched or inspired today? Or did you spend the whole day gossiping? If you feel drained at the end of the day, then you need to lead yourself to ensure that the next day is actually planned and impacting.
HAVE A VISION: Write it down, make it plain like the bible says. When you write your plans down, it keeps you focused. Make your vision clear, tell people around you who can help you fulfill it like mentors and also follow people with a vision.
BE TEACHABLE: We always need to keep learning. Opportunity meets preparation, click here for more, and keep investing in yourself because you may not know when or where that lesson, certification or that knowledge may come in handy to take you to your next level.
CULTIVATE INTEGRITY: This is key for leading a successful life. You just may not know who is watching you. I have in my lifetime seen how integrity has taken people from the bottom of the ladder to the top. This is a virtue that should be cultivated.
SELF-CONTROL: Avoid responding immediately to situations, take out time to critically evaluate the situation before you respond.
SELF-DISCIPLINE: After taking time out to write down all your dreams, goals and visions, appraising yourself and registering for those courses. You need to discipline yourself to take actions and to continue acting. It is easy to get started but determination and discipline is what keeps you going.

And lastly, you have to be accountable for yourself, for your team and for your organization.

Follow this few tips on self-leadership and then, you would be able to lead others effectively as well as being successful in all you set your mind to do.

(1) (Reply)

Business Challenges And Solutions / Create Something Beneficial With Your Time! / Professional CV Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.