Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,198 members, 7,835,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours (38590 Views)

The Literal Meaning Of Names Of Major Places In Lagos / 12 Places With The Bluest Water In The World. / 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by kennieG(m): 8:48am On Mar 02, 2018
Ekwusigo
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by psalmson001: 8:48am On Mar 02, 2018
johnwizey:
-Oke yeke...tf dat means

-Iyana iba......malaria street

Or better stil...
Iyana Iba - Road that leads to malaria cheesy grin
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 02, 2018
Masu Gindi- Katsina (People with Virgina)
Dutsen Kura-Niger (Stone Lion)
Angwan Daji-Niger (Area with Bush)
Sauka ka huta-Niger (Drop And rest)
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by rosita33(f): 8:48am On Mar 02, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
For me, one city in which you’ll find the most weird names of places in Nigeria is Abeokuta. I am always puzzled anytime I visit that place. I couldn’t help it when I heard a bus stop called Iyana Mortuary (Road To Mortuary). Who would even get down at Iyana Mortuary especially at night..

Let’s quickly take a look at places with weird and funny names in Nigeria. These are the ones I know so don't forget to add yours.

1. Alalubosa (Ibadan): Someone that sells onions
2. Odongunyan (Ikorodu): Mortar is pounding yam
3. Adigbe (Abeokuta): Someone that blocks faeces
4. Tabon-Tabon (Agege): Shoot gun - Shoot gun
5. Oniparaga (Ondo): Alcoholic herbal mixture seller
6. Ogijo (Ogun State): Burnt pap
7. Killer (Ejigbo, Lagos): As the name implies
8. Kukuruku (Edo): You won’t even need an alarm clock to wake you up
9. Ogolonto (Ikorodu): What does that even mean?
10. Oshokoshoko (Kogi)
11. Ojuelegba (Lagos): The eye of the owner of the cane
12. Okokomaiko (Lagos)
13. Nyanya (Abuja Suburb in Nasarawa): Just imagine how people spoil their mouth when pronouncing the name.

If you want to look for trouble now, just propose a name change to any of these communities. They will take their time to school you about their heritag e with vexation. Which of these names do you dread the most?

There are still many more names so don’t forget to add yours in the comment section.

https://autojosh.com/x-places-funny-names-nigeria-add/

op, were is that kukuruku in Edo state?
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Chochovini: 8:50am On Mar 02, 2018
trulygirl:
Toto hill Jos
. Na wa o...no be small thing o
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by obatoro: 8:50am On Mar 02, 2018
caslord:
Okomalu (Ilorin) - Peniis of cow Ijoka (Akure)- Church of the wicked Adie owe ( Ogun) - Fowl did not bath
Its called OPO-MALU short for "opopona" in yoruba (route or pathway) of cattle.
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by tolguy(m): 8:58am On Mar 02, 2018
tayebest:
My concern is that, Every state (or at times local government) has a place called "Sabo" which are predominant by the Northerners! grin
sabo means "New" in Hausa.
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Chochovini: 9:02am On Mar 02, 2018
MChaze25:
Oterere- ughelli south
Means Rotten ynash in my native dialect..lol
. Like seriously?
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by omokaylove: 9:03am On Mar 02, 2018
johnwizey:
-Oke yeke...tf dat means
-Iyana iba......malaria street
elediye.......owner of fowi/hen
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by yoged(m): 9:04am On Mar 02, 2018
OrestesDante:

angry

☣ ☠

Isokun, Isale General ati Idasa nko?

☣ ☠
ilesa connection
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by TOPMANZY: 9:09am On Mar 02, 2018
OLOKO NLA - I'm sorry I can't interprete this here

1 Like

Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by validstar1: 9:16am On Mar 02, 2018
Kuto- Die And Urinate Mawuko- Don't Cough Eleweran- Leaf With Meat Kotopo- Very Small Alabata- Shoe Licker All In Abeokuta
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Moneycar: 9:20am On Mar 02, 2018
Obokun a gbe ooooo

sexybbstar:
(1) Alagbado... Owner of corns
(2) Onipaanu.. Owner of the roof
(3) Olomilagbala... One with water at his backyard
(4) Omieran atijo ... Old meat's water
(5) Oke omiru... The top of Locust beans water
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by plerry: 9:21am On Mar 02, 2018
jobele - dance anyhow
fiditi - push with bumbum
ido - i know not what this means
shepeteri
iseyin - is that supposed to be breaking of back
ilorin - grinding iron
idi araba, idi ikan and a whole lot of idi in western Nigeria
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by urchmania: 9:32am On Mar 02, 2018
Abeg what's the meaning Of kirikiri
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by brodalokie: 9:33am On Mar 02, 2018
Kuchingoro (Abuja)
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Rajahbite(m): 9:36am On Mar 02, 2018
Nyakiba~ meaning Leave my pant.
Use ~meaning Fornication
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by obatoro: 9:44am On Mar 02, 2018
Harry Dick Road is in Bonnechere Valley, I always see it when going to Corrigan Road axis.
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by suco01(m): 10:02am On Mar 02, 2018
Alagbon
(person wey get coconut)
Alogi
(person wey dey twist wood)
Somorin
(U sabi waka)
Igidaduro
(wood standing alone)
Obokun
(pu**y full)
Oke ira
(upland swamp)
Arowojobe
(peson wey see money chop soup)
Afidipote (use yansh kill nepotism)
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by dstar01(m): 10:06am On Mar 02, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
For me, one city in which you’ll find the most weird names of places in Nigeria is Abeokuta. I am always puzzled anytime I visit that place. I couldn’t help it when I heard a bus stop called Iyana Mortuary (Road To Mortuary). Who would even get down at Iyana Mortuary especially at night..

Let’s quickly take a look at places with weird and funny names in Nigeria. These are the ones I know so don't forget to add yours.

1. Alalubosa (Ibadan): Someone that sells onions
2. Odongunyan (Ikorodu): Mortar is pounding yam
3. Adigbe (Abeokuta): Someone that blocks faeces
4. Tabon-Tabon (Agege): Shoot gun - Shoot gun
5. Oniparaga (Ondo): Alcoholic herbal mixture seller
6. Ogijo (Ogun State): Burnt pap
7. Killer (Ejigbo, Lagos): As the name implies
8. Kukuruku (Edo): You won’t even need an alarm clock to wake you up
9. Ogolonto (Ikorodu): What does that even mean?
10. Oshokoshoko (Kogi)
11. Ojuelegba (Lagos): The eye of the owner of the cane
12. Okokomaiko (Lagos)
13. Nyanya (Abuja Suburb in Nasarawa): Just imagine how people spoil their mouth when pronouncing the name.

If you want to look for trouble now, just propose a name change to any of these communities. They will take their time to school you about their heritage with vexation. Which of these names do you dread the most?

There are still many more names so don’t forget to add yours in the comment section.

https://autojosh.com/x-places-funny-names-nigeria-add/

1: Eniyanlonbinu (Oshodi, Lagos): ITS HUMANS THAT GETS ANGRY
I was raised on this street in Oshodi, Lagos state.

2: Sholeye (Name of street close to the street mentioned at no1): means WIZARDS OWNS THE BIRDS

3: Enilolobo (Name of of the area I reside currently): means HE WHO WENT OUT IS THE ONE THAT RETURNED
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by KrystosCJ(m): 10:13am On Mar 02, 2018
Agbotikuyo Bus Stop, Dopemu Road, Ipaja - celebrating when we heard about death [of someone].
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Ophilabraham: 10:13am On Mar 02, 2018
Fadipe123:
you people Sabi spoil something the fact that you don't know the meaning doesn't mean you should spoil it. It could have been better if you ask of the meaning. Not spoiling all in the name of making unreasonable points, BTW am from Abk an can translate you are just turning everything upside-down

Sorry o... wu ask you?
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by ProfEinstein: 10:39am On Mar 02, 2018
Ttipsy:
what's the essence of these
its not our fault that you are sad, miserable and depressed that you can't find humor in this.
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by ReneeNuttall(f): 10:44am On Mar 02, 2018
Wahala junction,akara junction,Jesus Christ street,St saviour road,5 junction,all in Benin city. embarassed
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by highbee02: 11:23am On Mar 02, 2018
caslord:
Okomalu (Ilorin) - Peniis of cow
Ijoka (Akure)- Church of the wicked
Adie owe ( Ogun) - Fowl did not bath

Opomalu- cow route/path. Ilorin ni mi
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by olamariamjonez(m): 11:24am On Mar 02, 2018
Tontoro abeokuta. Onikolobo abeokuta Abese ibadan
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by peekay01(m): 11:33am On Mar 02, 2018
panseke ita oshin onikolobo all in Abeokuta
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by toye440: 11:40am On Mar 02, 2018
AGBALUKU IBOROKPA UGBE All in Ondo state
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 02, 2018
Moneycar:
Obokun a gbe ooooo
Baba re a gbe... grin
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 02, 2018
dammiecool:
Dis babe is definitely from ilesa
Yes o.. cheesy
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 02, 2018
omoiyalayi:

You re jst mentioning name in my town

Are you from there?

Yes I am from that place

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Xenophobia Is Happening In India. Nigerians Being Beaten" - Nigerian Lady Says / Two Ships On Fire At Nigeria Port Authority In Port Harcourt (video, Pics) / SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.