Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours (38596 Views)

The Literal Meaning Of Names Of Major Places In Lagos / 12 Places With The Bluest Water In The World. / 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 02, 2018
Freiden:

Kayanfada nko??
Itisin
Oromu
Ilerin
Aralopon
Ereja
Oke opo
Ibala
Osun Ankara
Omo. Ilesha
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 02, 2018
folabounce:

you have lived in ilesa before or you are probably an Ilesa born lady, no doubts. I sight you sis
i can relate with olomilagbala, schooled around that side
Yes.. I'm from ilesa
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by calyto: 12:17pm On Mar 02, 2018
TOTO- Nasarawa State
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by calyto: 12:17pm On Mar 02, 2018
Masu Gindi
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by olamilarks(m): 12:20pm On Mar 02, 2018
Suberu oje- near Sango ota
Okokomaiko
Elepete
Igbo olomu
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 02, 2018
OrestesDante:

angry

☣ ☠

Isokun, Isale General ati Idasa nko?

☣ ☠

So you are from my town?
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by mfm04622: 12:34pm On Mar 02, 2018
johnwizey:
-Oke yeke...tf dat means

-Iyana iba......malaria street

The "Iba" of Iyana-Iba does not mean fever. It means respect of greetings
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 02, 2018
sexybbstar:

So you are from my town?
angry
☣ ☠

Yep!!!

☣ ☠
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Seadesh: 12:54pm On Mar 02, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
For me, one city in which you’ll find the most weird names of places in Nigeria is Abeokuta. I am always puzzled anytime I visit that place. I couldn’t help it when I heard a bus stop called Iyana Mortuary (Road To Mortuary). Who would even get down at Iyana Mortuary especially at night..

Let’s quickly take a look at places with weird and funny names in Nigeria. These are the ones I know so don't forget to add yours.

1. Alalubosa (Ibadan): Someone that sells onions
2. Odongunyan (Ikorodu): Mortar is pounding yam
3. Adigbe (Abeokuta): Someone that blocks faeces
4. Tabon-Tabon (Agege): Shoot gun - Shoot gun
5. Oniparaga (Ondo): Alcoholic herbal mixture seller
6. Ogijo (Ogun State): Burnt pap
7. Killer (Ejigbo, Lagos): As the name implies
8. Kukuruku (Edo): You won’t even need an alarm clock to wake you up
9. Ogolonto (Ikorodu): What does that even mean?
10. Oshokoshoko (Kogi)
11. Ojuelegba (Lagos): The eye of the owner of the cane
12. Okokomaiko (Lagos)
13. Nyanya (Abuja Suburb in Nasarawa): Just imagine how people spoil their mouth when pronouncing the name.

If you want to look for trouble now, just propose a name change to any of these communities. They will take their time to school you about their heritage with vexation. Which of these names do you dread the most?

There are still many more names so don’t forget to add yours in the comment section.

https://autojosh.com/x-places-funny-names-nigeria-add/

Alekuwodo osogbo in osun state
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 02, 2018
OrestesDante:

angry
☣ ☠

Yep!!!

☣ ☠
Wow.. Thanks cool
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Olobitat: 12:57pm On Mar 02, 2018
[quote author=Razarch post=65485727]Kpakungun[/quote
Minna, Niger State]
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by opoorookagbon(m): 1:26pm On Mar 02, 2018
sexybbstar:
(1) Alagbado... Owner of corns
(2) Onipaanu.. Owner of the roof
(3) Olomilagbala... One with water at his backyard
(4) Omieran atijo ... Old meat's water
(5) Oke omiru... The top of Locust beans water
You must be from Ulesa���
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Moneycar: 1:44pm On Mar 02, 2018
Yeye re a f'owo ti leyin ooo

sexybbstar:

Baba re a gbe... grin
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 02, 2018
opoorookagbon:
You must be from Ulesa���
Yes..
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by boyjo: 1:48pm On Mar 02, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
For me, one city in which you’ll find the most weird names of places in Nigeria is Abeokuta. I am always puzzled anytime I visit that place. I couldn’t help it when I heard a bus stop called Iyana Mortuary (Road To Mortuary). Who would even get down at Iyana Mortuary especially at night..

Let’s quickly take a look at places with weird and funny names in Nigeria. These are the ones I know so don't forget to add yours.

1. Alalubosa (Ibadan): Someone that sells onions
2. Odongunyan (Ikorodu): Mortar is pounding yam
3. Adigbe (Abeokuta): Someone that blocks faeces
4. Tabon-Tabon (Agege): Shoot gun - Shoot gun
5. Oniparaga (Ondo): Alcoholic herbal mixture seller
6. Ogijo (Ogun State): Burnt pap
7. Killer (Ejigbo, Lagos): As the name implies
8. Kukuruku (Edo): You won’t even need an alarm clock to wake you up
9. Ogolonto (Ikorodu): What does that even mean?
10. Oshokoshoko (Kogi)
11. Ojuelegba (Lagos): The eye of the owner of the cane
12. Okokomaiko (Lagos)
13. Nyanya (Abuja Suburb in Nasarawa): Just imagine how people spoil their mouth when pronouncing the name.

If you want to look for trouble now, just propose a name change to any of these communities. They will take their time to school you about their heritage with vexation. Which of these names do you dread the most?

There are still many more names so don’t forget to add yours in the comment section.

https://autojosh.com/x-places-funny-names-nigeria-add/

Olokonla(lagos)

The day my Yoruba friend told me the meaning, i froze!
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 02, 2018
Moneycar:
Yeye re a f'owo ti leyin ooo
You are confirmed ijesha
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by omoiyalayi(m): 2:21pm On Mar 02, 2018
sexybbstar:

Yes I am from that place

Wow dats 9c

Kini oruko adugbo e
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Ttipsy(f): 3:03pm On Mar 02, 2018
ProfEinstein:
its not our fault that you are sad, miserable and depressed that you can't find humor in this.
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Ttipsy(f): 3:03pm On Mar 02, 2018
ProfEinstein:
its not our fault that you are sad, miserable and depressed that you can't find humor in this.
u just typed a nonsense
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by ZaramT: 3:18pm On Mar 02, 2018
tayebest:
My concern is that, Every state (or at times local government) has a place called "Sabo" which are predominant by the Northerners! grin

There's no"sabo" in any South South or South Eastern state.
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Caseless: 3:58pm On Mar 02, 2018
konfused:
Akwusialuwaogu ( stop there and start fighting)..........Aba just beside CPS St Micheal Road shocked shocked
grin grin
This is funny.
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Caseless: 4:25pm On Mar 02, 2018
wengerman:
olokonla (Ajah ) The person with big penis
what? grin
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Moneycar: 4:49pm On Mar 02, 2018
Ujesha ni meere... Omo Okesa, Omo L'ode Orogoji...

Urojo (Irojo) ni oogbon (adugbo) mi... Ka ii bi oogbon re l'Ulesha, yeye mi?

sexybbstar:

You are confirmed ijesha
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 02, 2018
Moneycar:

Chai... This one don pass my level o. Bolorunduro ni oogbon mi.
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 02, 2018
Moneycar:

Han yii toogi ni'yan ara Irojo.. Shey ooto ni?
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by joshrare(m): 7:58pm On Mar 02, 2018
Musheshe--Benin city
like uglybmusheshe
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by soladnet14: 8:44pm On Mar 02, 2018
sexybbstar:
(1) Alagbado... Owner of corns
(2) Onipaanu.. Owner of the roof
(3) Olomilagbala... One with water at his backyard
(4) Omieran atijo ... Old meat's water
(5) Oke omiru... The top of Locust beans water

Ujesa niere, uyan a yun lerun re
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Moneycar: 9:18pm On Mar 02, 2018
Aii se toogi ooo.... Omo jeje na ai're l'Urojo... Bo'o bomi siaa l'enu, ube ni wa ba... I'aa ni omoluabi apa kinni

Mo moo Bolorunduro daada... Sukuru Olatunde (Olatunde Memorial School) ni mo re

sexybbstar:

Han yii toogi ni'yan ara Irojo.. Shey ooto ni?
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 02, 2018
Moneycar:
Aii se toogi ooo.... Omo jeje na ai're l'Urojo... Bo'o bomi siaa l'enu, ube ni wa ba... I'aa ni omoluabi apa kinni

Mo moo Bolorunduro daada... Sukuru Olatunde (Olatunde Memorial School) ni mo re

Wow! Olatunde.. Ibi mo mi gbe Jina sibee.
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 02, 2018
soladnet14:

Ujesa niere, uyan a yun lerun re
Ijesa plenty for this forum o
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by pussyeater(m): 6:39am On Mar 03, 2018
What about Obonga Busstop
Abeg who knows the translation?
Re: 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours by solacong: 7:25am On Mar 03, 2018
Mcfiltermouth:
IGBOgene....that's the first town in bayelsa state
AZIKORO
SWALI
KPANSIA
OPOLO

grin grin

All these r in BAYELSA

Yenezue-gene
Otiotio

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Two Ships On Fire At Nigeria Port Authority In Port Harcourt (video, Pics) / SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS / A Tall Nigerian Man And His Chinese Colleagues Strike A Pose (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.