Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,029 members, 7,810,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

1999 Odi Massacre: The Bayelsa People Will Never Forgive Former President OBJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1999 Odi Massacre: The Bayelsa People Will Never Forgive Former President OBJ (2681 Views)

God Will Never Forgive Oshiomhole; Man Laments After Failed Edo Project. Photos / "God Will Never Forgive Me If I Support Atiku For President" — Obasanjo / See What Formal President OBJ Says About GEJ. (screen Shot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1999 Odi Massacre: The Bayelsa People Will Never Forgive Former President OBJ by Hoodites(f): 3:08pm On Mar 01, 2018
November 20, 1999 is a day that will never be forgotten by the Bayelsa people in a hurry as that was the day Odi massacre was carried out by the Nigerian military on the predominantly Ijaw town of Odi town, Bayelsa State and those who never heard of it because of age factor, the state popular and most successful musician Timaya loud it once more in his debut album "Dem Mama" that sold millions of copies in the early 2000's.

By the time the military operation ended, almost 5,000 people including children and women where recorded and pronounce dead and many more were injured, displaced, traumatized and an inestimable number of properties were lost.

The immediate reason for these grave human rights atrocities was that a band of lawless youths operating from Odi, Bayelsa state, murdered seven policemen despite swift intervention of the Ijaw leaders to get things sorted out prove obviously abortive including the President of the Ijaw Youth Council (IYC).
Rumours suggested that the massacre was ordered by the regime of former president Olusegun
Obasanjo.

Ever since the Odi massacre there has never been any report or news of former President Olusegun

Read more »http://www.timelessaproko.com/2018/03/1999-odi-massacre-bayelsa-people-will.html?spref=tw

Re: 1999 Odi Massacre: The Bayelsa People Will Never Forgive Former President OBJ by Nigeriadondie1: 3:11pm On Mar 01, 2018
undecided Many of the soldiers who took part in that massacre have also been massacred by Boko Haram or died in accident. Others still alive wud never retire to enjoy the pension and if so sickness wud claim it. Those surviving will soon meet their waterloo.
Bunch of cowards in uniform who are always willing to flex muscles on innocent and unarmed civillians would complain of lack of ammunition when they meet their match like Boko Haram but never complain of such with civilians. Remember how these cowards in uniform retreated into Cameroon when Boko Haram attacked them only for military tontell us that it was a tactical manuovre. But no tactical manuovre with civilians.

2 Likes

Re: 1999 Odi Massacre: The Bayelsa People Will Never Forgive Former President OBJ by Dwayndlight: 3:20pm On Mar 01, 2018
If I was in his shoes I’ll make the call.

Have you hrd of any cop killer in bayelsa afterwards?

1 Like

Re: 1999 Odi Massacre: The Bayelsa People Will Never Forgive Former President OBJ by gidgiddy: 3:30pm On Mar 01, 2018
I really do hope that one day, OBJ will be brought to the ICC in handcuffs for this attrocity in Biafra land
Re: 1999 Odi Massacre: The Bayelsa People Will Never Forgive Former President OBJ by nairavsdollars(f): 3:38pm On Mar 01, 2018
But he came there last week and spent three days with their governor. The women welcomed him with dance

1 Like

Re: 1999 Odi Massacre: The Bayelsa People Will Never Forgive Former President OBJ by DaGC(m): 4:15pm On Mar 01, 2018
Dwayndlight:
If I was in his shoes I’ll make the call.

Have you hrd of any cop killer in bayelsa afterwards?

Really?
Wonders shall never end. Kai
Re: 1999 Odi Massacre: The Bayelsa People Will Never Forgive Former President OBJ by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 01, 2018
gidgiddy:
I really do hope that one day, OBJ will be brought to the ICC in handcuffs for this attrocity in Biafra land

ijaws are not Biafra
Re: 1999 Odi Massacre: The Bayelsa People Will Never Forgive Former President OBJ by gidgiddy: 4:32pm On Mar 01, 2018
ruggedised:

ijaws are not Biafra

Why do you say that? You dont know that present day Bayelsa and Rivers state used to be in Biafra?
Re: 1999 Odi Massacre: The Bayelsa People Will Never Forgive Former President OBJ by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 01, 2018
gidgiddy:

Why do you say that? You dont know that present day Bayelsa and Rivers state used to be in Biafra?

that was then, not anymore
Re: 1999 Odi Massacre: The Bayelsa People Will Never Forgive Former President OBJ by gidgiddy: 4:41pm On Mar 01, 2018
ruggedised:

that was then, not anymore

Says who?
Re: 1999 Odi Massacre: The Bayelsa People Will Never Forgive Former President OBJ by futurism: 6:12pm On Mar 01, 2018
As much as I sympathize with the people of Bayelsa, this is not a time to use such news to Mar OBJ ambition to remove Buhari.

Buhari must be removed!
Re: 1999 Odi Massacre: The Bayelsa People Will Never Forgive Former President OBJ by anibirelawal(m): 7:09pm On Mar 01, 2018
nairavsdollars:
But he came there last week and spent three days with their governor. The women welcomed him with dance

grin
Re: 1999 Odi Massacre: The Bayelsa People Will Never Forgive Former President OBJ by TheKingdom: 7:10pm On Mar 01, 2018
Why we need referendum
Re: 1999 Odi Massacre: The Bayelsa People Will Never Forgive Former President OBJ by BlackAdam55(m): 7:14pm On Mar 01, 2018
ruggedised:

ijaws are not Biafra
are u a spoke man for ijaw?

(1) (Reply)

Ex President, Olusegun Obasanjo Visited His Farm In Ibogun, Ifo To Harvest Yam. / Abacha was never Convicted Of Looting / How To Easily Link Your NIN To MTN Service Provider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.