Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) (40532 Views)

Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) / Phillip Frimpong: Carissa Sharon Oyakhilome's Husband-To-Be (Photos) / Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by PSTEMMA1960(m): 7:12am On Mar 02, 2018
shehuandobi2019:

And you forgot d part where d bible said that a Single man will worship God more than a married one.

D truth is that being a priest should be a calling.

Priesthood should only attract those who are willing to pay d ultimate sacrifice.
bt the same bible said that it's nt good for the man to be alone?
Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 02, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
apostle paul said if u can, bt the priest can't cope anymore, so do u expect him to be commiting immortality because of a decision that he made yrs ago, even the pope himself has come out to say that it will be good if rev fathers are allowd to get married..
hey am telling you to stop blaming the church Becos of decision he took. it seems you are fluctuating, if you can't cope then don't go into priesthood that's why is good to seek God first before embarking on anything in life. thank God he found his weakness and left instead of committing sin.

1 Like

Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by PSTEMMA1960(m): 8:11am On Mar 02, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
hey am telling you to stop blaming the church Becos of decision he took. it seems you are fluctuating, if you can't cope then don't go into priesthood that's why is good to seek God first before embarking on anything in life. thank God he found his weakness and left instead of committing sin.
God bless ur for ur last comment, that God tha he found his weakness and left without commiting sin..

there is something u need to know about decision making, there were some decisions that we made yrs ago, that today we have realized that it was a wrong one, and there are some decision that we are making today that will still turn out to be wrong tomorrow..

1 Like

Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by cyrilamx(m): 8:13am On Mar 02, 2018
Are you truly certain of what u just posted? What about being Eunuch for the sake of the kingdom of heaven Matt. 19:10-12? And 1cor. 7:1-6; 32-38? FYI, marriage just like celibacy is a gift, a calling which ain't meant for everyone.
PSTEMMA1960:
and how are u sure that nobody forced him?many rev fathers a commiting immorality every day, i know of one that was friending one in my compound..

the bible never asked anyone to be single, the only thing the bible said is that u want to be a bishop u must nt have more than one wife..1timothy 3:2
Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 02, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
God bless ur for ur last comment, that God tha he found his weakness and left without commiting sin..

there is something u need to know about decision making, there were some decisions that we made yrs ago, that today we have realized that it was a wrong one, and there are some decision that we are making today that will still turn out to be wrong tomorrow..
our decision will always be wrong if God did not approve of it.
Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by PSTEMMA1960(m): 8:20am On Mar 02, 2018
cyrilamx:
Are you truly certain of what u just posted? What about being Eunuch for the sake of the kingdom of heaven Matt. 19:10-12? And 1cor. 7:1-6; 32-38? FYI, marriage just like celibacy is a gift, a calling which ain't meant for everyone.
some yrs ago in (AMEN )adoration ministry enugu nigeria, father mbaka had a crusade with over 70 rev father in attendance..
during the crusade he was telling his fellow priests that if they can keep themselves holy, that God will use some of them more than himself..

he brought out a blessed sacrament and told the priest that if any of the has never commited fornication since his ordination that the person should go a lift the sacrament..

none of them went.. those who would be eunuchs for the kingdom sake also know themselves.. whether person is watching them or nt they won't commit sin because God is watching..

1 Like

Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by cyrilamx(m): 8:21am On Mar 02, 2018
Same with marriages, 99 percent violate their vows and dishonour their marital bed. Even married pastors ain't left out. Likewise the youths who also spurn God by going against his laws prohibiting premarital sex. My bro whether it is in priesthood or marriage life or youthful exuberance, they all a fall out of societal ills occasioned by fall of Man.self discipline couple with grace of God is the answer to life of purity in whatever state one finds himself
Sinof:
No Be D Kpekus Make The Man Leave Catholic. He Had Been Running A Pentecostal-like Fellowship Even When He Was Still A Priest. That And Some Other Issues Put Him At Logger Heads With Roman Catholic Authorities To A Point That He Had To Denounce The Hypocritic Celibacy That Is Synonymous With Roman Catholic Priesthood To Concentrate On His Grace Family Evangelistic Outreach On Radio. The Chick Just Got Into The Picture Lately. Let Him Enjoy Himself Jare Instead Of Engaging In Self Deceit Like 90 Something % Of Catholic Priests Who Have More Punanis At Their Beck And Call Than Normal Guys. After All Pope Alexander VI (Rodrigo Borgia) Had Children And Mistresses While He Still Retained His Grip Of The Papacy And Leaving At The Vatican
Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by cyrilamx(m): 8:25am On Mar 02, 2018
So according to ur logic, what ur recommendations to married people in adulterous union or youths indulging in premarital sex? Are these not against the command of God too? My bro, there will always be bad Priests as well as adulterous married men and women.
PSTEMMA1960:
u are nt geting me right ma, let me explain it to u these way, some parents from the east where i come from want thier sons the be rev fathers, because of some reasons best known to them, if u know imo state very well i can even tell u where to go and find out some of these things by urself..

the force i was saying is parental force nothing more, one rev from my village in isiala mbano local government served as a priest for 23 yrs, bt he later resign, and he has five children now...

read the bible and see what God talks about eunuchs (abstaining from women )they are born that way, u can't force urself to abstain from sex for long...

in benue state where i reside now, a well respected rev was caught with a woman, they rev only said that the vow he took was nt to marry, that he never vowed that he won't fornicate...

i repeat: if u can't continue without sex as a rev, it's better u quit than to sleeping with people wives and children.
Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by cyrilamx(m): 8:31am On Mar 02, 2018
Thanks for this. Do you know that these 70 Priests who dented their priestly robe will still do same as married Priests or pastors the atmosphere is already sex saturated..you hear sex, see sex, drink sex even churches re now like discotheques...there are large no of Holy Priests living out their sacred callings all over the world. From the early days of the church, there have been bad priests...
PSTEMMA1960:
some yrs ago in (AMEN )adoration ministry enugu nigeria, father mbaka had a crusade with over 70 rev father in attendance..
during the crusade he was telling his fellow priests that if they can keep themselves holy, that God will use some of them more than himself..

he brought out a blessed sacrament and told the priest that if any of the has never commited fornication since his ordination that the person should go a lift the sacrament..

none of them went.. those who would be eunuchs for the kingdom sake also know themselves.. whether person is watching them or nt they won't commit sin because God is watching..
Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by PSTEMMA1960(m): 8:36am On Mar 02, 2018
cyrilamx:
So according to ur logic, what ur recommendations to married people in adulterous union or youths indulging in premarital sex? Are these not against the command of God too? My bro, there will always be bad Priests as well as adulterous married men and women.
let me use myself as a example, i had a girl friend b4, my intention then was to abstain from sex till after marriage, bt she was unable to wait, in the process of trying my best nt to loose her, i went down with her a couple of times, bt anyday i do that it will take me months to recover spiritually..

i had no option than to end the relationship, i am nt married now, and by the grace of God i am nt fornicating, nt because someone is going to beat me if i get caught, bt because i fear and honor the word of God.

adultrey is bad fornication is also bad..

as for the people commiting, the fear of God has nt yet enterd them..
Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by PSTEMMA1960(m): 8:41am On Mar 02, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
our decision will always be wrong if God did not approve of it.
do u know that if u are praying under stress that u may nt hear from God, when i was in the village i went to church one day, the rev father was begging the parents to pls encourage thier children to become rev fathers that the catholic church need more of them.

that period everyone expecially those who have plenty children wanted atleast one of thier son to be one, few of my friends ran away from the village at that time..
Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by PSTEMMA1960(m): 8:45am On Mar 02, 2018
cyrilamx:
Thanks for this. Do you know that these 70 Priests who dented their priestly robe will still do same as married Priests or pastors the atmosphere is already sex saturated..you hear sex, see sex, drink sex even churches re now like discotheques...there are large no of Holy Priests living out their sacred callings all over the world. From the early days of the church, there have been bad priests...
yeah u are right, bt on the other hand if they were also permited to marry, u can atleast still see one out of ten that would be faithful..
Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 02, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
do u know that if u are praying under stress that u may nt hear from God, when i was in the village i went to church one day, the rev father was begging the parents to pls encourage thier children to become rev fathers that the catholic church need more of them.

that period everyone expecially those who have plenty children wanted atleast one of thier son to be one, few of my friends ran away from the village at that' time..
lolz really? that's not good oh
Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 02, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:

that period everyone expecially those who have plenty children wanted atleast one of thier son to be one, few of my friends ran away from the village at that time..
encourage right? some of the primitive parents would want to take it upon their self to please the rev.fr by forcing their children which is not good at all.
Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by PSTEMMA1960(m): 9:23am On Mar 02, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
lolz really? that's not good oh
so that's the angle i am also looking at it from,
there were also friends u had nowhere to run to at that moment, some went to the seminary school by force, some of them were caught smoking, some were caught masturbating and they were rusticated, while some managed to finish bt are nt happy doing the work till today..

even some of us that are pastors, we became pastors for different reasons, some to make money, some to be famous while some to fufil the will of God.
i know of a pastor that later closed his church when he was giving a slot to join N.P.F

the end of everything will always tell wether we are called by God or by mtn network..

1 Like

Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 02, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
u are right to some extend, there is something u need to also understand, the few once that are coming out to say that the can't continue, to me they are the ones that still have conscience,

as for saying no to our parents wish over our lives, it's nt always that easy as u think, we that are from the east sees it as a crime for one to disobey our parents..

so in most cases u will see the going to the seminary school or medical school because that's what thier parents want..

it's always later in life when they now discover that there is nowaday that the can be happy in that field, that's when u see them coming out.

the one i told u that happened in my village, the parents disowned him at that time, bt he did nt send them, he told them that they have already ruined his life enough..

it is well
may God help us
Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by sparkwil(m): 10:09am On Mar 02, 2018
Aonkuuse:
bro it's better than sleeping with CWO women

As well as senseless girls who flock around them for assistance
Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by slowbreeze(f): 10:11am On Mar 02, 2018
Happy for both of them.Its better than sleeping around with revd sisters and altar boys;becoming gay ;like most of them do..Dats y I always dont trust these Revd.Fathers and Sisters..U can be married & still serve God 100%.

1 Like

Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by cyrilamx(m): 10:18am On Mar 02, 2018
I the early church they were allowed to marry. Strict celibacy didn't become enforceable universally until the reform of 1057. Then even many were keeping concubines and amassing Wealth coupled with wayward kids. You know the tumult the church will find itself were Priests of the Latin rites allowed to marry? They will want salaries that will be enough to maintain their wives and larger families, kids, houses and would even want to be at par with CEOs of big conglomerates. Guy the church from two melliania experience knows better. See how materialism is creating problems among pentecostals pastors.
PSTEMMA1960:
yeah u are right, bt on the other hand if they were also permited to marry, u can atleast still see one out of ten that would be faithful..

Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by cyrilamx(m): 10:20am On Mar 02, 2018
Thanks for staying tru to God's law. Many will lie that if you not having sex you will be having waist pains owing to a lot on sperm gathering in ur body.
PSTEMMA1960:
let me use myself as a example, i had a girl friend b4, my intention then was to abstain from sex till after marriage, bt she was unable to wait, in the process of trying my best nt to loose her, i went down with her a couple of times, bt anyday i do that it will take me months to recover spiritually..

i had no option than to end the relationship, i am nt married now, and by the grace of God i am nt fornicating, nt because someone is going to beat me if i get caught, bt because i fear and honor the word of God.

adultrey is bad fornication is also bad..

as for the people commiting, the fear of God has nt yet enterd them..
Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by Lilimax(f): 10:23am On Mar 02, 2018
giftedheart1:
the funniest thing is that once a priest, he remains a priest forever...
True!
He'll still be bearing Father Patrick smiley
Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by PSTEMMA1960(m): 10:30am On Mar 02, 2018
cyrilamx:
I the early church they were allowed to marry. Strict celibacy didn't become enforceable universally until the reform of 1057. Then even many were keeping concubines and amassing Wealth coupled with wayward kids. You know the tumult the church will find itself were Priests of the Latin rites allowed to marry? They will want salaries that will be enough to maintain their wives and larger families, kids, houses and would even want to be at par with CEOs of big conglomerates. Guy the church from two melliania experience knows better. See how materialism is creating problems among pentecostals pastors.
grin
cyrilamx:
u are nt far from the truth sir, bt i want u to know that all of them will still nt be the same, u would have also seen some good ones among them..
Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by PSTEMMA1960(m): 10:42am On Mar 02, 2018
cyrilamx:
Thanks for staying tru to God's law. Many will lie that if you not having sex you will be having waist pains owing to a lot on sperm gathering in ur body.
u know that in africa everyone is a doctor, secondly people try hard to justify thier actions.

it's all about commitment and decipline, i have been in benue state since 2015, u can ask anyone benue is a land where adultrey and fornication is the order of the day, jst buy a coke for a lady, she would want to give herself to u, dress well again u are in trouble..

if ladies calls me for prayer or counselling, i have a friend that is like a father to me, and he has a large house full with people, that's where i normally tell any lady that want to see me to come and see me..

if u can abstain from fornication u will always feel the presence of God more and more, and to me that presence of God is more important than the company of a lady..

at the same time i also pray that God should give people the grace to understand the mystery behind fornicating..... do u know that even a native doctor will tell u that for his charm to work 4u, u must nt fornicate?
Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by brucejet(m): 10:49am On Mar 02, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
and how are u sure that nobody forced him?many rev fathers a commiting immorality every day, i know of one that was friending one in my compound..

the bible never asked anyone to be single, the only thing the bible said is that u want to be a bishop u must nt have more than one wife..1timothy 3:2
They are so many men of God who were single in the Bible. What apostle Paul advises is that, if you cannot stay single serving the Lord, is better you get married (this is due to the temptation of staying single). Another portion of the Bible said blessed is he who abandon everything (EVERYTHING) and follow me (CHRIST).
Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by tochukwunsj: 11:50am On Mar 02, 2018
Fmartin:
priesthood is no compulsory. He knew right from the beginning that he was not going to marry when he became a Rev. Fr. Nobody forced him when he joined.

NOBODY IS FORCED TO BECOME A REV FR.

Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by tochukwunsj: 11:58am On Mar 02, 2018
mazimee:

He was a naive young man, most of them were. They only realise what they got themselves in to after going deep . Little wonder most of them can not even keep their vow.

Mr. there is nothing like being naïve because there is no stage of the priestly training in the Catholic church that is too "deep" for one to get the heck out if one thinks otherwise, it was solely his choice and he was not coaxed into it by anyone. just as it was his choice to leave and get married.

AGAIN...the Canon Law states that no man is ordained a Catholic priest unless having reached the age of 25 and above. this, amongst other reasons, is to enable the young man to have full consciousness and to be fully matured enough to take responsibility for his decisions.

and point of correction......ALL OF THEM DO KEEP THEIR VOWS if not for one or two bad eggs.
Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by giftedheart1(m): 8:19pm On Mar 02, 2018
Lilimax:

True!
He'll still be bearing Father Patrick smiley
..that's the catholic church for you. The oil of ordination remains with him forever
Re: Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) by giftedheart1(m): 8:24pm On Mar 02, 2018
tochukwunsj:

Mr. there is nothing like being naïve because there is no stage of the priestly training in the Catholic church that is too "deep" for one to get the heck out if one thinks otherwise, it was solely his choice and he was not coaxed into it by anyone. just as it was his choice to leave and get married.

AGAIN...the Canon Law states that no man is ordained a Catholic priest unless having reached the age of 25 and above. this, amongst other reasons, is to enable the young man to have full consciousness and to be fully matured enough to take responsibility for his decisions.

and point of correction......ALL OF THEM DO KEEP THEIR VOWS if not for one or two bad eggs.
that is precisely Canon 1031, Section 1.
Also, Canon 1026 spoke of freedom of the person to be ordained.
Gratias!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Primate Ayodele: "Buhari And Osinbajo Would Have Problem" / Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) / The Uselessness Of African Voodoo - Ayodele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.