Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,173 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour (28497 Views)

Panic As Car Goes Up In Flames In Ogba During Rush Hour(Pics) / Would You Sit On This Danfo Seat During Rush Hour In Lagos? / TBS BRT Bus Terminus Lagos: Is This The Best Bus Station In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by bespokeset: 5:54pm On Mar 01, 2018
Race Course grin

Opoki:
Race Cross
Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by AutoReportNG: 5:55pm On Mar 01, 2018
MrEdimulo82:
Nice observations Op, sure system improve on a daily basis, no perfectly working system as there would always be need for improvement, however, your point number 4 is the experience as of now, reason is to manage the neatness and order of the terminal arena, which was abused in the earlier terminal - an improvement, you will say. They provided already stalls for the purpose of the food and drinks vending for 'responsible' operators. This is my opinion tho, I don't work for neither LAMATA or Primero.

Yes bro, I understand the concept of the kiosks around just that they should be able to provide an alternative, imagine someone standing for close to an hour on an empty stomach, some are coming from work and are very hungry, an alternative ought to be put in place for these ones and also make some money for them as well.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by Opoki(m): 6:04pm On Mar 01, 2018
bespokeset:
Race Course grin

Lol grin angry grin I've always thought it's cross, thanks for the enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by BlackAdam55(m): 6:04pm On Mar 01, 2018
OneCorner:
God catch this afonja people grin
shebi dem no won support our Biafra.
this is just d beginning... nobody messes wit us cool
y should Yoruba support ur biafra. how is there business? infact how many Igbo governors support biafra .
Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by layi(m): 6:05pm On Mar 01, 2018
Opoki:
Race Cross

Its Race Course

2 Likes

Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by jarkbauer: 6:06pm On Mar 01, 2018
Because of the unruly behaviour of the ticketers I use bus card. I load with 5000k

2 Likes

Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by papabaks(m): 6:07pm On Mar 01, 2018
Good observation, I'm sure the officials will look into this.

AutoReportNG:
Last week we asked if TBS Bus Station is the best in terms of structure, facilities, security etc and the answer we got is quite overwhelming. To some, it's a foolish question as there is no basis for comparison, and to some, they felt Ikeja BRT Bus Station stands close to it. We are at Muson Centre for an event and luckily, we closed during the rush hour and decided to take an assessment of our wonderful TBS BRT Bus station and what we see are these:

1. The buses were nowhere to be found, once it gets 3pm, its as if the buses went into hiding, we had a chat with one of the security as to what is keeping them and he said they were held up on Eko Bridge, Eko Bridge links from TBS to Costain in the mainland and from Costain up to Jibowu, Onipanu etc so they spend at least 45 to 50mins in traffic which causes the bus station to be full of people.

2. There are no official in charge to control the crowd
One would have thought that an official at least should ensure that the queue is maintained and the passengers are line orderly but it seems the officials got tired of standing and they decide to take a stroll

3. The ticketers were very rude
I don't know what to call this maybe they were overwhelmed due to the flock of people or maybe they are fasting or they are hungry, the manner at which some of these ticketers attend to people is below par as it seems they have found a clique to be rude to passengers. While we understand that people are difficult to please especially Lagosians, at least some decorum ought to be put in place to explain yourself and also made them understand you have no smaller denominations.

4. Refreshment
I noticed it was boldly written that sellers, hawkers were not allowed in the park but someone would have expected that an alternative will be provided, we stood for almost 30mins and yours truly was seriously hungry, we have no choice than to stroll out and get something outside the premises. In as much as we support the motion, those lock up kiosk should be open for business to cater for these needs.

5. Maintenance of the bus
While we give kudos to the operator of the fleet of the BRT for doing an excellent job in making sure the buses were always neat and also making sure passengers have a stress free journey, we felt its time they start thinking of ways to curb the water on the roof of the buses and this is a result of the AC in the bus, but apart from that they did well in that area.

Above all, we will rate them 70%

- AutoReportNG

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2018/03/tbs-brt-bus-station-first-time.html

Lalasticlala
Seun
Marpol
Mynd44
Fynestboi
Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by bespokeset: 6:16pm On Mar 01, 2018
Opoki:

Lol grin angry grin I've always thought it's cross, thanks for the enlightenment.

No biggie Bro. The arena used to be a racing course.

1 Like

Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 01, 2018
@ Mr Motor man, d BRT terminal at Dopemu is one hell of a place especially on Monday mornings. Either d buses cease to exist or the mgt of BRT don't release d buses on these days.
most times it takes d buses interval of 2hrs to arrival meaning that means ppl must ve queued for more than 2hrs before boarding any bus.
Again, dia terminal at Yaba, Opposite NIMR building is always a ghost arena in d afternoon/evening wen there r supposed to b buses to convey back to houses.
BRT system really needs to b restructured

2 Likes

Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by Kaybaba5(m): 6:18pm On Mar 01, 2018
OneCorner:

What is this one saying
Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by OAFMods: 6:19pm On Mar 01, 2018
OneCorner:

If I say Igbo people no get sense some morrons from the red mud enclave will be asking how I know this retardded soul is Igbo.

Anyway, I leave you to die with your foolishness.
Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by OAFMods: 6:21pm On Mar 01, 2018
AutoReportNG:

Yes bro, I understand the concept of the kiosks around just that they should be able to provide an alternative, imagine someone standing for close to an hour on an empty stomach, some are coming from work and are very hungry, an alternative ought to be put in place for these ones and also make some money for them as well.

Thanks

Eat in your house before going out, abeg.
Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by AutoReportNG: 6:23pm On Mar 01, 2018
OAFMods:

Eat in your house before going out, abeg.

LOL, bros even when you are coming from office or coming from somewhere? grin grin grin grin
Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by Mariangeles(f): 6:27pm On Mar 01, 2018
predmine20:
Those ticketers ehn,they are so rude that you will wonder if they lost a loved one.
The other day one idiot was telling me to my face that emi shayo,just imagine!
Lol...
Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 01, 2018
@2 why can't Nigerians be orderly?
Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by musa7m(m): 6:34pm On Mar 01, 2018
OneCorner:
you are jobless....
Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:38pm On Mar 01, 2018
dispute the setbacks and challenges mention, no place like Lagos in this country..not even the centre of commerce being kano, or oil rich garden city being portharcourt have this kind of mass transit buses......these problems will be fix and address soon by the state gov't...

2 Likes

Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by Revibe: 6:58pm On Mar 01, 2018
Opoki:
Race Cross

Race course you mean

1 Like

Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by drkrest(m): 7:01pm On Mar 01, 2018
[b][/b] arsenal 3 mancity 0
Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by Tmoore92(m): 7:11pm On Mar 01, 2018
No.3 so true I have exprianced it first hand at the TBS terminal, they are very rude and refuse to give change even when they have it in abondance, you will have to beg them to collect money from you and they will end up tossing you around like a fool its so annoying.

And also the marshal seem to have little or no power over the driver, the drivers are the once who choose where to ho and it ought not be so, imagine stay in the queue for over 2 hour because they all Want to go straight to ikorodu, still on the TBS terminal.

2 Likes

Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by kmaster007: 7:12pm On Mar 01, 2018
OneCorner:
and who is forcing you to stay for lag.
Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 01, 2018
I don't comment on sponsord post.
Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by akigbemaru: 7:31pm On Mar 01, 2018
lexy070:
The problem with the country is that the government just recruit staff without training on a consistent basis ( every 12 months) . Training ought to be done on every aspect to make sure everyone knows what to do at the right time. The private sector does it better e.g security guards at banks better than before " good morning welcome to.. ..... even if I wan withdraw 1k
Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by FakoMaybach1: 7:33pm On Mar 01, 2018
when i attended "THE EXPERIENCE" the BRT people were flogging passengers...this irritated me and i left to enter danfo. BRT sometimes they behave like tyrants
Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by ipobarecriminals: 7:44pm On Mar 01, 2018
undecided then allow danfo drivers be biko
Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by ikorodureporta: 7:45pm On Mar 01, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Last week we asked if TBS Bus Station is the best in terms of structure, facilities, security etc and the answer we got is quite overwhelming. To some, it's a foolish question as there is no basis for comparison, and to some, they felt Ikeja BRT Bus Station stands close to it. We are at Muson Centre for an event and luckily, we closed during the rush hour and decided to take an assessment of our wonderful TBS BRT Bus station and what we see are these:

1. The buses were nowhere to be found, once it gets 3pm, its as if the buses went into hiding, we had a chat with one of the security as to what is keeping them and he said they were held up on Eko Bridge, Eko Bridge links from TBS to Costain in the mainland and from Costain up to Jibowu, Onipanu etc so they spend at least 45 to 50mins in traffic which causes the bus station to be full of people.

2. There are no official in charge to control the crowd
One would have thought that an official at least should ensure that the queue is maintained and the passengers are line orderly but it seems the officials got tired of standing and they decide to take a stroll

3. The ticketers were very rude
I don't know what to call this maybe they were overwhelmed due to the flock of people or maybe they are fasting or they are hungry, the manner at which some of these ticketers attend to people is below par as it seems they have found a clique to be rude to passengers. While we understand that people are difficult to please especially Lagosians, at least some decorum ought to be put in place to explain yourself and also made them understand you have no smaller denominations.

4. Refreshment
I noticed it was boldly written that sellers, hawkers were not allowed in the park but someone would have expected that an alternative will be provided, we stood for almost 30mins and yours truly was seriously hungry, we have no choice than to stroll out and get something outside the premises. In as much as we support the motion, those lock up kiosk should be open for business to cater for these needs.

5. Maintenance of the bus
While we give kudos to the operator of the fleet of the BRT for doing an excellent job in making sure the buses were always neat and also making sure passengers have a stress free journey, we felt its time they start thinking of ways to curb the water on the roof of the buses and this is a result of the AC in the bus, but apart from that they did well in that area.

Above all, we will rate them 70%

- AutoReportNG

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2018/03/tbs-brt-bus-station-first-time.html

Lalasticlala
Seun
Marpol
Mynd44
Fynestboi
wher's the pishure of the rush-hour passengers? ...& u stood for only 30mins cheesy Come to Ikorodu garage for more analysis. Every morning is a rush-hour, & u can stay close to 2hrs b4 boarding a brt
Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by AutoReportNG: 8:25pm On Mar 01, 2018
ikorodureporta:

wher's the pishure of the rush-hour passengers? ...& u stood for only 30mins cheesy Come to Ikorodu garage for more analysis. Every morning is a rush-hour, & u can stay close to 2hrs b4 boarding a brt

You guys in Ikorodu deserve the Long Suffering Award, I dey hail una LOL
Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by Sagay212: 8:33pm On Mar 01, 2018
The entire management of these BRT buses, Primero or whatever they call them are the most useless humans to ever manage anything. But then, it is not their fault. This is what you get when you put nepotism and cronyism ahead of competence. Most of the people working with the BRT company are friends and families of the owners that's why they do not care. You can complain from now till tomorrow and share one million experiences, they'll ignore because they know the money will keep coming. Why do you think they banned other lag buses from using the BRT lane? of course because they wanted to monopolise the business. They know they are only interested in the money and do not want any form of competition. If the lag buses were still plying the BRT lane, do you think the useless and lazy primero people will be misbehaving?

Go on their social media pages and lay complains and see how you will be ignored. Infact if you check their last post on instagram, facebook or twitter, im sure it will be since january 2018 or even last year. Unfortunately many of them are yorubas which pains me a lot.

lazy drivers, saucy ticket sellers, confused and daft conductors, useless management. Yet the confused governor is saying he wants to ban danfo and bring in some useless busses that will be managed by same lazy friends and family members. why won't they take people for granted when they know there are too many gullible people who will hail them no matter the rubbish they do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by Sagay212: 8:35pm On Mar 01, 2018
FakoMaybach1:
when i attended "THE EXPERIENCE" the BRT people were flogging passengers...this irritated me and i left to enter danfo. BRT sometimes they behave like tyrants

they don't behave like, many of them are touts. the only difference between them and the 'owo mi da' shouting miscreant is the difference in colour of the uniform they wear. they are extremely irritating.

1 Like

Re: TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour by MrEdimulo82(m): 8:57pm On Mar 01, 2018
AutoReportNG:

Thanks

I agree

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Trip To Florida, Tampa Bay In Pictures / Multiple Accident At Ile Zik Bus Stop, Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) / A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.