Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,344 members, 7,811,993 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April (15916 Views)

Poll: Will Barcelona be able to turn this tie around?

Yes: 34% (16 votes)
No: 65% (31 votes)
This poll has ended

R E S U L T Guiness International Champions Cup: Chelsea Vs Inter Milan 2-0 / Chelsea Vs Swansea (2 - 0) On 28th April 2013 / AC Milan Vs Inter Milan (0 - 1) On Sun 15th January 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by khanye(m): 3:02pm On Apr 27, 2010
Comeback Of The Season

To suggest that Barcelona will have to pull off the mother of all comebacks would be overstepping the mark, but there can be no denial of the fact that the reigning Spanish and European champions will have to stage a dramatic rally in the second leg of their semi-final tie against Inter in the Champions League on Wednesday night.

The 3-1 deficit from the first leg at the San Siro last week means that the Catalans will progress to the final if they win 2-0, but a goal from the Nerazzurri will force them to score at last thrice.

The last time the two sides met in Barcelona was in the group stages of the Champions League earlier in the season, with Barca winning 2-0. It was a game in which Pep Guardiola's side typified their footballing identity and philosophy as Inter had no answers whatsoever to Barca's creativity, coherence and superior game plan.

But things have changed since then, as the Italian champions showed in the first leg when they comprehensively defeating Barca.

Barcelona warmed up for this potentially nerve-jangling fixture with a comfortable 3-1 win against Xerez in the Primera Division in Spain on Saturday evening which maintained their one-point advantage over Real Madrid in the race for the Liga title.

Barca have a formidable record at home both in the league and in the Champions League: the last time they hosted a side at Camp Nou in a European Cup tie, they won 4-1. That was against Arsenal in the second leg of the quarter-final.

Nevertheless, Barcelona will be aware that Inter are a much more intelligent and stronger side than the Premier League team and that the Italians will start as slight favourites. The Inter midfield overran their Barca counterparts in the first leg and the Catalans will be keen to see that they win the battles in the middle of the park from the start.

TEAM NEWS

Barcelona

The defending European champions were without key midfielder Andres Iniesta for the first leg because of a torn right thigh muscle and the Spanish international will be out of the second leg for the same reason. Carles Puyol is suspended, which means that Gabriel Milito is likely to slot into central defence to partner Gerard Pique.

Sergio Busquets had a rather average game in Milan last week in defensive midfield and coach Pep Guardiola might like to change him with Yaya Toure, although the Ivorian starting the league fixture against Xerez on Saturday night suggests that Busquets was merely being given some rest ahead of Wednesday's clash.

Probable Line-up (4-3-3): [/b]Valdes, Alves, Milito, Pique, Maxwell; Xavi, Busquets, Keita; Messi, Ibrahimovic, Pedro
[b]
Inter

Dejan Stankovic is suspended for the second leg against Barcelona, but will still travel with the squad. Wesley Sneijder was struggling with a hamstring strain he picked up during the weekend's Serie A game against Atalanta but has overcome the knock and should start.

Troublesome teenage striker Mario Balotelli has also been included in the squad, having sat out the weekend fixture with Atalanta at the request of president Massimo Moratti following his antics at the end of last Tuesday's first leg.

Back-up goalkeeper Francesco Toldo makes the squad after shrugging off a minor thigh problem, whilst Davide Santon is also a surprise inclusion having seemingly overcome a knee problem.

Probable Line-up (4-3-1-2): Julio Cesar, Maicon, Lucio, Samuel, Chivu; Zanetti, Cambiasso, Motta; Sneijder; Milito, Eto'o

Goal
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by dominique(f): 7:06pm On Apr 27, 2010
it'll take a lot to score 2 unreplied goals at the camp nou. to add insult upon injury, Eto'o should now score against his former chums grin.
may the better team win sha.
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by elowa: 5:45am On Apr 28, 2010
^^ Nay! Eto cant do a thing, instead, Ibrah shd score against them
this is a game am not sure i want to watch, dont wanna develop an heartattack from Ibra's inefficiency.
but why can't Iniesta be injected like shrek and be made to play just this leg?
am so scared, but i have a feeling we re going thru, we ve been known to alwaz stand on our feet wen it matters most.
FORZA BARCA!! cool
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by Nobody: 8:02am On Apr 28, 2010
I think one way to beat Inter is to go wide,but I'm not so sure Barca plays that way.
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by Borat1: 8:52am On Apr 28, 2010
Barca to win 3-nil courtesy my dream. . .
Inter to win 3-2 on aggregate courtesy my head.
I just wish messi does not turn up as he did against the gayners
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by ogazi007(m): 9:10am On Apr 28, 2010
Hmmmm!my heart go jiggy jiggy!we have found ourselves in an unusual situation.
its not over untill u have given up,we will shock the world.
go BARCA!!!
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by Jcob(m): 10:01am On Apr 28, 2010
Barca would be screwed this evening. A club full of shits. All need from Inter is 2 goals.
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by eyoniggar(m): 10:09am On Apr 28, 2010

Tonight!!! We spartans go out for the inter kill.
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by presido1: 10:11am On Apr 28, 2010
Its Inter Vs Bayern in Madrid. Barca should forget it and concentrate on La Liga.  Ibra is a waste just like Berba in my club. EFCC should investigate those transfers.
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by Kx: 10:35am On Apr 28, 2010
Morinho all the way.
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by otokx(m): 10:37am On Apr 28, 2010
Too bad for Barcelona; its the end of the road for them today.
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by scantee(m): 11:16am On Apr 28, 2010
Barca will shock the whole world today.
forza barca
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by BinghiNya(m): 12:16pm On Apr 28, 2010
barca to beat inter 4-1.
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by naso2(m): 12:22pm On Apr 28, 2010
scantee:

Barca will shock the whole world today.
forza barca

Yes you are already shocking the world by sending your fans to attack the "special one". SHAMEFUL
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by scantee(m): 12:34pm On Apr 28, 2010
na_so:

Yes you are already shocking the world by sending your fans to attack the "special one". SHAMEFUL
Meaning
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by Emperoh(m): 1:02pm On Apr 28, 2010
My head and dream says Inter.
But this Barca side is capable of springing surprises!!

However, if there is any coach or side capable of defending a 2 goal lead, its Mourinho
But if there is a side capable of over-hauling a 2 goal lead, its barcelona!!

Football is not 1+1, so i will sit back and relish every minute of this encounter!!
May the better side win!!!
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by chic2pimp(m): 3:35pm On Apr 28, 2010
My Heart Says Barca But My Head Says Inter
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by scantee(m): 4:00pm On Apr 28, 2010
chic2pimp:

My Heart Says Barca But My Head Says Inter

just do not worry. after the game ur head/heart go dey shout barcaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by villous(m): 4:40pm On Apr 28, 2010
remove ur heart and live your head UP MOURINHO

Millions that support Inter is not because of the team but because of an achiever mourinho
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by royalcrews(m): 4:43pm On Apr 28, 2010
though am a chelsea fan, but barca should 4get the CL, its inter all d way. its just going to be draw. even if barca wins today's match, i can bet it that they are already OUT, FORZA CHELSEA,
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by Areaboy2(m): 4:44pm On Apr 28, 2010
I'll be back here to laugh at you "bishes" when inter goes on to the final, however they do so tongue
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 28, 2010
Take it or leave it, this match is ending Barcalona 4-0 Inter
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by princekevo(m): 5:04pm On Apr 28, 2010
macfarland:

Take it or leave it, this match is ending Barcalona 4-0 Inter
You cant be seriouse man. Which of the joints are u drinking at the moment? tongue tongue tongue
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by gentlegg(m): 5:10pm On Apr 28, 2010
Well am hoping and wishing Inter to win. But hmmm u can never right off Barcelona. Well I keep my fingers crossed. My major concern tonight is referee, barca will throw everything to Inter, hence trying to win the referee decisions with their theatrical prowess. I foresee penalty(ies) against inter.
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by kobikwelu(m): 5:25pm On Apr 28, 2010
I NO FIT SHOUT,

barca has been my team since 1996

they are in my veins!!!!

right now, am restless embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

i can feel my heartbeat embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

imagine the prospect of another final.
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by mokes77(m): 5:31pm On Apr 28, 2010
[color=#000099][/color] nuffin 4 barca,it anoda great seasos 4 d internationz, nd am prayerful surportin dem,despite dat am MAN UTD 4 lyf
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by kingsboy12(m): 5:32pm On Apr 28, 2010
mourinho all the way ;d
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by denny4ril: 5:38pm On Apr 28, 2010
i think it is gonna be a tough match today for barca but lets wait and see. inter seems good but anything can still happen
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by dagaro(m): 5:42pm On Apr 28, 2010
As an Arsenal Fan, I Saw barca going down today.
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by BlackRevo: 5:43pm On Apr 28, 2010
I pray that inter wins.
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by pekisman: 5:46pm On Apr 28, 2010
God Help your Children from da hands of inter<<<< DIS IS SPARTANS!!!>>> UP BARCA
Re: UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April by buttkick: 5:47pm On Apr 28, 2010
my take on the match is simple. barca would to want slow down the pace of the game so they can move the ball around and break fast with messi. mourinho got that in check, spot on, in the first leg. he will move 3 men forward right in front of guadiola's backline try and cut off barca's attack with his strong agile defenders and beat barca on the counter and it will be goodnight barca.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Barcelona Vs PSG: UCL (3 - 1) On 10th December 2014 / Fulham Vs Chelsea (0 - 1) On 16th January 2021 / Share Your Experience Yesterday Night When Watching The UCL Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.