Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview (28625 Views)

Recent Job Openings (entry Level) At Exus Pharmaceutical Nigeria Limited / Recent Job Openings In A Reputable Large Bank, March 2018 / Lextorah Limited Recent Job Vacancies (11 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 02, 2018
A friend accepted a non paid job for two years he almost starved to death, now he's the highest paid in his office.
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by psych4urhelp: 8:18am On Mar 02, 2018
haaa, she could have at least ask if there are allowances attach to it .
well, she failed another stage of Interview Cos many companies wouldn't tell you about ur remuneration during interview.
Infact, most Nigeria company wouldn't write all ur take home in appointment letter but only your basic salary will be put there.
on my case, I saw my annual salary in my appointment letter of which by calculation it's not up to 40k monthly fortunately I didn't collect salary less than 70k since inception up till this moments.

1 Like

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by torvickof1312(m): 8:18am On Mar 02, 2018
Nairalanddist:
She should have collected the 15k and look for 5 sure odds on bet9ja to knack am. That's 75k monthly

Soe fifull funny jarehhhhh so na complete salary you go go do bet.....

1 Like

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by neolboy(m): 8:18am On Mar 02, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The girl is a confused ingrate.
She turned down a 15k job but she will ask boys without any job to send her airtime.

Cosmas Maduka told me something and it resonates to this day,

"Never despise your little beginnings" besides "There's always dignity in labour" that's why barrow pushers are the happiest people on earth.

And did you think this particular lady would not have put in many consideration before leaving?

3 Likes

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 02, 2018
15k? shocked shocked shocked shocked

I kukuma go renew my money rituals...
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by uchman48(m): 8:41am On Mar 02, 2018
veeluv2015:

Very stupid method if you ask me #OnlyInNaija
i just spoke with my bro who is a HR in an organization and he confirmed it, he said they usually use that method to know how the person being interviewed will react
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Konye1: 8:48am On Mar 02, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

She turned down a 15k job but she will ask boys without any job to send her airtime.

"Never despise your little beginnings" besides "There's always dignity in labour" that's why barrow pushers are the happiest people on earth.

Did the boys complain.?? Ode!!! Goan spend money in school for 4 years then get the job urself MUMU!!
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 02, 2018
muhammed50:
Maybe that's just a facáde to test her patience

GUY, U DON HIT AM
She should have exercised patience.
PATIENCE is a virtue I wisely apply to certain situations.
Which Pays Hugely.

Of course they know whats sup and where she came from, also how she has spent and what PH economy is like.

1 Like

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Konye1: 8:52am On Mar 02, 2018
This is a very Ridiculous test if it is actually a test..

Imagine going for a job interview with a Fake CV to test them....

This is not funny at all

4 Likes

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Henitan24(f): 9:01am On Mar 02, 2018
cruzita:
15K? E NO BETTER MAKE I GO DO SALES GIRL

No it's not, she should have politely turn them down and give it a try. I was told the same things when I did my interview which I willingly accepted it but my salary is much higher than what I was earlier told.
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by vivie01(f): 9:06am On Mar 02, 2018
In my opinion, this lady did the wrong thing.
1. She could have researched the company and have an idea about their pay structure

2. She did not tell us the kind of industry the company belonged to (agro-allied, Local NGO, etc.)

3. The position was an intern one, which means she should not expect much pay than necessary i.e. not be too shocked about the pay

4. The pay, 15k could just be the basic salary, excluding the allowances

5. Walking out on her prospective employer was a gross misconduct, rude and an uncouth behaviour least expected of a graduate!

Why not politely tell the manager that she would get back to him and thereafter turned down the offer??

It honestly shows that a person of her calibre is simply not fit for the job and she has attitude issues which might dent the company image in the long run even if she accepted the offer.

2 Likes

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by ponti93(m): 9:19am On Mar 02, 2018
Nairalanddist:
She should have collected the 15k and look for 5 sure odds on bet9ja to knack am. That's 75k monthly
hiw many u don knack double ur salary grin
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by obinnashady(m): 9:24am On Mar 02, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

who the fvck are you bro
?
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by enonche85(m): 9:29am On Mar 02, 2018
muhammed50:

That could be true,...or maybe they doing it just to screen more people out.
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by kelvinovie25(m): 9:33am On Mar 02, 2018
Nairalanddist:
I guess you must be a millionaire by now

1 Like

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by jonero4(m): 9:35am On Mar 02, 2018
Nairalanddist:
bet9ja never deal wit u
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by naturefellow(m): 9:46am On Mar 02, 2018
muhammed50:
Exactly! Test.
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Jackipapa: 9:57am On Mar 02, 2018
May be this is another interview to test if she' not only interested in the Salary.

1 Like

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 02, 2018
Nairalanddist:
Lol. Werey
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by xwin(m): 11:29am On Mar 02, 2018
Emily22:
Even barachel model college ( secondary school) dey pay 40,000 for junior teachers......

Rubbish white collar jobs in town....
See my iju Ishaga people o. That's my alma mata

1 Like

Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Emily22(m): 12:14pm On Mar 02, 2018
[quote author=xwin post=65494646][/quote]

Confirm bro
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Defjamb(m): 12:18pm On Mar 02, 2018
Suko110:
I think it was a test of attitude and character towards money, especially if u knw d company can offer more, in such cases accept ooo since they want to be unprofessional and dont resume grin grin grin

Guy... that's the real pay... teaching jobs these days are....
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by loomer: 12:37pm On Mar 02, 2018
knuckbuck:
Some one else got the job and they are probably thanking God now
No mind them. No be say she get experience.
People still dey collect minimum wage and sometimes below for abroad especially when no experience.
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Bifrost: 1:13pm On Mar 02, 2018
okekefranklin:
My post made front page. Visit our site www.unnobzava.com for postgraduate and undergraduate admissions in UNN.

What's up with NASU UNN? Aren't they aware NYSC is already here?
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Opoki(m): 2:23pm On Mar 02, 2018
Nairalanddist:
I remember when you gave Efe this advice, could you believe that 25m now remains like 7m?

He carry sure game knack am 10m but lost it.
He use 2m do faaji for boys and give him papa 2m
He has spent about 4m on his 2 songs and videos, to feature Olamide alone in video is 2m, cost of making the video, producer etc, Efe no get joy at a moment courtesy of your bad advice. angry angry angry
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Caseless: 2:53pm On Mar 02, 2018
muhammed50:
just my thought.
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by ChidiAlaigbo: 4:08pm On Mar 02, 2018
1 million graduates chasing 20,000 jobs, what do you do you people expect?

Ok, keep having your 6 children per family, you hear!

Shitholers.
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by whaithee(m): 5:03pm On Mar 02, 2018
There is such thing as emotional intelligence. And she failed woefully at that.
While it's not the smartest tactic to sieve out applicants (if that was the employers intention), working away is impolite, even if he was a gate-man.
Everyone acts good mannered when looking for a job. She just let herself out.
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 02, 2018
peperipe peperipepe no go dey do pass yourself/2x.
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Biggers82(m): 9:12pm On Mar 02, 2018
einsteine:

But you still got disengagement letters at the end of the day nah.

No serious company would test applicants like that. It's stupid of them. Remember the interview is not only for the employer to decide if the applicant should be employed but also for the applicant to decide if the employer is worth working for.
we got disengagement letter because Nitel was sold to non performing company now
Re: Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview by Redstorm(m): 1:19pm On Mar 03, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Why don't you go and be a barrow pusher so that you'll also be among the happiest people on earth.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funny Meme: How To Get Employed Before 22. / What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? / Update On UCH Ibadan Recruitment Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.