Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki (19389 Views)

Why I Was Absent During Buhari’s Working Visit To Lagos – Tinubu / Wike Revokes C Of O Belonging To Hotel Used For APC Meetings In Rivers / Why President Buhari Was Absent From FEC Meeting Today - Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by JosEast(m): 6:41am On Mar 02, 2018
Senate President Bukola Saraki yesterday explained the reasons why he was absent at key meetings of the All Progressives Congress (APC) held last week.

Saraki’s absence at both the National Caucus and National Executive Council (NEC) meetings of his party heightened speculations of his plan to dump the APC.

Saraki in a statement by his media aide, Yusuph Olaniyonu, said his absence was as a result of his ongoing trial at the Code of Conduct of Tribunal (CCT) and tight schedules.

The statement reads: “On Monday, the Senate President was in Benin from morning till 6.15pm, attending the Senate Roundtable on Migration and Human Trafficking, one of the interventions by the lawmaking body to source for legislative and policy solutions to one of the major problems plaguing the youth in our country.

“Dr. Saraki and his delegation, including senators, returned to his Abuja home at 7.45 pm, while the APC National Caucus meeting was scheduled to begin by 8.00 pm on the same night. Clearly, there was no way he could have arrived at the venue on time, especially as it would be a breach of protocol to do so at a meeting presided over by the President.”

Olaniyonu said on Tuesday when the NEC meeting was holding at the APC national secretariat, the Senate President was at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) where he was fighting to clear his name as the defendant in an ongoing case.

“Dr. Saraki did not fix the date of the adoption of briefs by prosecution and defence lawyers. The Tribunal did, and by law, Saraki must be physically present at the Tribunal as the defendant.

“It stands to reason that he cannot be in two places at once, and so he was unavoidably absent at the NEC meeting.”

According to the spokesman, “ Let me also state clearly here that Dr. Saraki is not one to sneak into a room via the window. He would rather enter through the front door so that his entry is well noted and acknowledged. Nigerians know that when he joined the APC, he did not sneak in. Therefore, no one should attach any mischievous or inaccurate interpretation to his absence at the two meetings held at times when his whereabouts were a matter of public record.

“Sponsors of misinformation as to why Saraki was not present at the Caucus and NEC meetings should be clear that there is no special reason behind the absence. The Senate President is not a coward. When he left the PDP in 2014, he was bold enough to inform the then president of his decision and left openly with his supporters. He therefore has no reason to be sneaking or hiding now.

“It is incontrovertible that he is a leader, major stakeholder and founding father of the APC. Nothing has changed with regard to all these. I hope this clarification will halt the speculations, misinformation, misinterpretation, mischief and fake news about the ‘Why’ and ‘What’ of his absence at the APC National Caucus and NEC meetings,” he said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/why-i-was-absent-at-apc-meetings-saraki.html

3 Likes

Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by izzou(m): 6:48am On Mar 02, 2018
angry

How I wish I cared.

Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by chuksjuve(m): 6:56am On Mar 02, 2018
Your explanation isn't needed..

Your presence wasn't needed either...

It was even better you didn't attend, because the meeting was a sham and nothing to write home about..

Apc is a house divided against it self .

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by warlordz(m): 7:01am On Mar 02, 2018
ok
Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by Nutase: 7:04am On Mar 02, 2018
You don't owe no one any explanation.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by Optional09: 7:07am On Mar 02, 2018
Who cares! We don’t give a fvck

Die or alife

2 Likes

Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by Lipscomb(m): 7:40am On Mar 02, 2018
Your absent don't have any effect .thunder fire you thief.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by Oladimejyy(m): 8:18am On Mar 02, 2018
undecided lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by 3millionia: 8:53am On Mar 02, 2018
smiley
Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by Uruan2023: 8:55am On Mar 02, 2018
Swallowing machine...

Can't imagine that I'll burn my gen to come to nl to read ds poooou.

Failed leaders.
Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by AkupeMBANO(m): 8:56am On Mar 02, 2018
tinubu must fail.
Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by kindnyce(m): 8:56am On Mar 02, 2018
We all are aware that you have been to another political meeting. So save it

1 Like

Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by jumich1(m): 8:57am On Mar 02, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by maxiuc(m): 8:57am On Mar 02, 2018
cheesy
Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by peddyholly: 8:57am On Mar 02, 2018
We know what's up Mr senate president.

1 Like

Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by Hofbrauhaus(m): 8:58am On Mar 02, 2018
Saraki is a very wise man..unlike one sarrki

6 Likes

Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by Newpride(m): 8:58am On Mar 02, 2018
Hehehehe, Saraki the game man.
U were in close door meeting with Uche secondus, Atiku and other pdp chieftain members.

I saw u with my two korokoro eyes.
Over curiosity kill the cat.
I pray ur over desperado and over ambitious won't destroy ur future political career.
Nigerians are wise than kwara people whom your father had padlocked them and gave u the key.
shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by nrexzy: 9:03am On Mar 02, 2018
Really tats his excuse
Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by santopelele(m): 9:04am On Mar 02, 2018
LET THE YOUTHS FORM THEIR OWN POLITICAL PARTY, (ALL YOUTH PARTY) TO CHASE ALL THIS OLD BUFFONS OUT TO HADES
Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by usba: 9:06am On Mar 02, 2018
Wow I am so concerned right now, NOT!
Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by kabawa(m): 9:09am On Mar 02, 2018
Nairaland keyboard speculators how market grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by AreaFada2: 9:12am On Mar 02, 2018
Newpride:
Hehehehe, Saraki the game man.
U were in close door meeting with Uche secondus, Atiku and other pdp chieftain members.

I saw u with my two korokoro eyes.
Over curiosity kill the cat.
I pray ur over desperado and over ambitious won't destroy ur future political career.
Nigerians are wise than kwara people whom your father had padlocked them and gave u the key.
shocked shocked shocked
As a Yoruba Northerner, after governorship the biggest he can ever reach is minister, party chairman or senator. He wangled his way to Senate President! He has already over-achieved.

The North would never let him use Northern slot as President of Nigeria or VP. SW would also not allow him use SW slot as president or VP.

Saraki knows it very well and played his game perfectly. The future will take care of itself. grin cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by Throwback: 9:16am On Mar 02, 2018
Nutase:
You don't owe no one any explanation.

Are you a member of his party to know what responsibilities he owes or does not owe?
His explanation is to his party supporters not to PDP and its sycophants.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by Yeeyo: 9:32am On Mar 02, 2018
Saraki is tired of attenden useless party meeting full of rubbish .

1 Like

Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 02, 2018
sarathief
Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by xquire(m): 10:03am On Mar 02, 2018
Shehu Sani for President
Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by BlackMbakara1(m): 10:44am On Mar 02, 2018
When a "mere commissioner" will be there... grin
Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by backspaced(f): 10:49am On Mar 02, 2018
Vacancy
Elevantix Consulting Limited, is recruiting on behalf of her Client a leading and fast-growing production in snack industry in Nigeria to fill the following position below:
Job Tittle: Sales Representative
Job Type: Full Time
Lagos: Lagos
The primary responsibility of this role is the following: -
To sell the company’s product range to retail outlets in the allotted routes as per visit frequency and route plans approved from time to time, making a minimum of 25 calls per day

Enrol new retailers to expand our distribution and presence in the secondary trade channel.

Conduct detailed market surveys to identify distribution gaps and improve/update route plans.

Ensure consistent availability of our product range at all enrolled retail outlets to prevent stock out situations.

Arrange stocks at retail outlets during each visit to ensure visibility of our products.

Obtain orders from each retailer as per established drop volumes communicate all such orders to the distributor before the end of the day, for timely fulfilment by the distributor monitor distributor’s deliveries to retailers to ensure prompt and complete fulfilment of retailer’s orders

Account for all cash collected from retailers for their orders and hand over this cash to the distributor before the end of the working day and obtain a receipt from the distributor give a daily account to the ASM and hand over the
distributor’s receipt to the ASM.

Candidate must have a Minimum of 3-5 years in FMCG sales in a similar category, out of which the last 2 years should have been at ASM or Sales Executive level in a similar sized company.
Application Closing Date: 15 -03 -2018
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: recruiter@elevantix.com
Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by asawanathegreat(m): 11:03am On Mar 02, 2018
Common keep ur mouth shut there
Re: Why I Was Absent At APC Meetings — Saraki by Bimpe29: 11:31am On Mar 02, 2018
APC can never be united, and a divisive party can not be progressive talk more of bringing development to the nation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dokpesi: Only A Northerner Can Win Presidency For PDP In 2023 / Hon Reuben Izeze Shot By Unknown Gunmen / Edo Residents Ask Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma To Contest For Edo Guber Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.