Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,677 members, 7,865,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:36 AM

"You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North (14244 Views)

El-rufai: North To Benefit Most From Restructuring / Don't Vote For APC, Atiku Tells North East Citizens / Prepare For Break-up, Afenifere Tells North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by rofanx13: 5:31pm On Mar 02, 2018
You don't need to pacify them. They will be worst if Nigeria restructures. Very lazy asholes that their whole life is dependent on what you don't have. Soon, their eyes will open
Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by Noccerino(m): 5:32pm On Mar 02, 2018
Omenka thinks otherwise
Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by KingGBsky(m): 5:46pm On Mar 02, 2018
EternalTruths:
North has more faith in Oil than in Allah.

Lol grin omo you are really crazy..

1 Like

Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 02, 2018
The power that be wont allow such to happen
Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:11pm On Mar 02, 2018

‘’...
You probably know that the world’s major automobile manufacturers and oil consumers have announced dates between 2025 and 2040 to end the manufacture and sale of fossil fuel-only vehicles.

“This is important for all of us and especially for those in the oil-producing region, where some people sometimes talk about restructuring as though it is designed to punish the North. The good news for the North is that a restructured Nigeria is in the North’s long-term economic interest.

“We should not be fighting for a bigger share of what is a disappearing resource. It amounts to a fight for a bigger share of the past, and not the future

Atiku is a man of ideas. Every time he gives a speech, he makes sense.

1 Like

Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by Evince(m): 6:12pm On Mar 02, 2018
ayusco85:
MIDDLE BELT BY LEGITIMACY
copied
I am Otumala Jeo G
I am from Benue State, Nigeria
When i served as a missionary in Northern Nigeria
The Northerners asked of my state of origin
When I told them I am from Benue
They replied, 'Binue' (in their ascent)
Binue Inyamiri ne(meaning Benues are Ibo(Nyem Mmiri)
When I returned from the north,
I went to Enugu State, (Southern Nigeria) to pick a wife for myself,
They asked me, "where are you from?"
Benue, I responded
They turned to my lady and asked her;
"So you mean you didn't see any man from Ibo land other than Onye ahusa?"
Then i thought to myself,
My father does not understand 'Inaikwuana'
Neither does he know Otutu oma
My greeting is 'Noleyi'-Then, i remembered the great J. S. Tarka
And it quickly dawned on me that, I am not from the North
Neither am I from the south
I am MIDDLE BELT
I remember the story my father told me
About the Bat who has teeth like the dog,
Ears and eyes like the rat and wings like the bird,
On the day of his death,
They searched for his kinsmen to bury him
The Dog came and observed him and he said;
Of a truth his teeth and mouth looks like mine,
But his ears and wings we don't have in my family,
So he is not mine
They called on the rat and he said;
His eyes are my family looks and so are his ears
But we don't have wings in my family neither do we fly
So he is not of my kinsfolk
The bird came and observed him and said;
Surely, he has wings like my family members,
But as u can see, we do not have teeth and ears in my family,
Thus, i can't accept him as mine
There was no man to bury the bat
I am the bat, i am neither of the north nor of the south
But I have an identity, yes, I know I have!
I AM MIDDLE BELT
Why should I be killed as a southner
Or die as a northerner when I can live as a Middle Belter?
I don't need a stray-bullet death,
I have my life to live, I am from MIDDLE BELT
I live to give my children their identity
And die to preserve their prestige
They should proudly say;
I AM MIDDLE BELT
I believe in the Nigerian ideology
But not in the Nigerian political geography
I don't know of anything like North-Central in my geography
When you can't have South-Central
There is only North, South and the Middle Belt
The presidency had been zoned to the North over the years
If i am from the North as purported
Why am I not considered?
Why am I only good as a spokesman for the North and not a game player
I am neither enjoying the benefits of the south
Neither am I enjoying the privileges of the North
I AM MIDDLE BELT
I rise to take my place
I have lived in the illusion called NORTH for too long
A useful idiot I have been
Useful as a political pawn and a game changer
But unuseful in sharing the bounties of political victory
I must wake up to who I realy am
I will not sell my conscience for money
Neither will I sell my purpose for vain alliance
I AM MIDDLE BELT
There is a place called MIDDLE BELT in Nigeria
Where the braves are, there am I
And that's who I am
I AM MIDDLE BELT
By Joe Great Otumala,
Dedicated to the blessed memory of J. S. Tarka and the fourteen Middle Belt States
A speech by Otumala Joe Great
On the Occasion of the Southern Leaders and Middle Belt Coalition Forum
held in Chateau De Victoria Hotels Makurdi, Benue state on 25th Feb. 2018

Good morning inside this night sir

1 Like

Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by SouthSouth1914: 6:14pm On Mar 02, 2018
EternalTruths:
North has more faith in Oil than in Allah.
Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 02, 2018
ayusco85:
They won't hear. North can't stand a just and fair Nigeria. Why not split the skewed contrapment called Nigeria. The north ve been benefiting too much from the biased status quo. They don't like hearing the word restructuring grin
Who should be responsible for the splitting? They have the land mass and the population, a restructed nigeria would actually be better for them because they would have to embrace education more, while the soc moves gradually from agrarian to a more tech advanced, but unfortunately greedy leaders want to the present structure to remain so they loot for themselves and the unborn generations while giving the common northerner quota system to keep him lazy and temporarily satisfied....2025-40,aint so far anyway.
Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by ayusco85(m): 6:36pm On Mar 02, 2018
kattytamer:

Who should be responsible for the splitting? They have the land mass and the population, a restructed nigeria would actually be better for them because they would have to embrace education more, while the soc moves gradually from agrarian to a more tech advanced, but unfortunately greedy leaders want to the present structure to remain so they loot for themselves and the unborn generations while giving the common northerner quota system to keep him lazy and temporarily satisfied....2025-40,aint so far anyway.

Who will lead the restructuring in the north?
Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by ayusco85(m): 6:36pm On Mar 02, 2018
Evince:

Good morning inside this night sir

Day Don brk
Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by ayusco85(m): 6:38pm On Mar 02, 2018
ClumsyFlimsy:

Wow... God bless you middle belters. It's time you guys stand up and smell the coffee. The real North despises you people
Time you guys stand and fight for your right and your people. You guys are neither arewa nor nyammiri . Kudos

cc Nowenuse

We have to know the difference. The north only recognize the middle belt as North central only during elections. But our folly is over
Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by Evince(m): 6:47pm On Mar 02, 2018
ayusco85:

Day Don brk

Ur dawn is now
Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 02, 2018
ayusco85:

Who will lead the restructuring in the north?
Lol...ideally political parties should be into grassroot sensitization where they educ members of things like these, unfortunately we dont have that.
Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by ClumsyFlimsy: 7:00pm On Mar 02, 2018
ayusco85:

We have to know the difference. The north only recognize the middle belt as North central only during elections. But our folly is over
o
Good one bro

We must all move forward
Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by ayusco85(m): 7:15pm On Mar 02, 2018
Evince:

Ur dawn is now

Better late than never
Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by MrRichmond: 7:40pm On Mar 02, 2018
chuksjuve:
Atiku playing his game neatly grin

Omo, the guy they play this game well o.
Have you ever heard buhari talk about renewable energy, nano technology or artificial intelligence
Whether we like Atiku or not, we have to admit that this guy is a forward thinking individual!

3 Likes

Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by chuksjuve(m): 7:56pm On Mar 02, 2018
MrRichmond:

Omo, the guy they play this game well o.
Have you ever heard buhari talk about renewable energy, nano technology or artificial intelligence
Whether we like Atiku or not, we have to admit that this guy is a forward thinking individual!

I want to give kudos to his PR team, those guys are making BMC crew look senseless, ordinary and stupid with regards to how well he makes his presentation...

Those folks are thinking faster than we can imagine..

One of the hallmark of a great leader is the ability to spot good talents and make good use of them which buhari lack..

Atiku is really selling himself very well .
Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by ayusco85(m): 8:15pm On Mar 02, 2018
ClumsyFlimsy:
o
Good one bro

We must all move forward

Surely
Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by Wearemoving: 8:48pm On Mar 02, 2018
loveth360:
Good,let zombies shouting restructuring,restructure nigeria let see.
You dey maid them
Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by Walexybobo(m): 9:00pm On Mar 02, 2018
I hope buhari has secretely got oil in nasarawa state.
Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by Evangdanyno2017(m): 9:00pm On Mar 02, 2018
Atiku will make a better president. He is intellectually sound. He has the prowess of a pragmatic leader. We in Nigeria we tired of leader that does not has forsight. vision and passion for welfare of common Nigerians. I know some rejoys when read statistics on the pages of news paper that not benefit a common man on the street. The we learn to take of fate in our hands our leaders will stop toiling with destiny
Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 02, 2018
Atiku is just lying to get everyone to vote for him. He won't restructure jackshīt.

Muhammadu Buhari has shown everybody how easy it is to con the electorate out of their votes grin

1 Like

Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 02, 2018
What people don't understand about Waziri, is that he is a detribalised Nigerian.
So many of us on this page only rely on what people say, or perhaps what the media say, instead of digging Deep.
When Atiku says something, he means it.
Before you lynch me, I am proud to identify with my tribe- the Ibos. But, and again, we're talking of principles here.
If 20 northerners were presented to you and Waziri is among them, pick him out, and separate him from the rest. It's just like comparing Umaru Yaradua with Buhari. Quite true, both are fulani, but what defines them is a large gulf of individual ideologies and principles. Let's say Buhari has good intents, but it isn't enough.
He is suppressed within a cabal that is stifling his political skeleton.
Atiku is self-made.
Some people have always believed he is in the league of corrupt officials, but that's a petty way to judge a man who personally, by his goodwill, put money into politics.
Obasanjo and Buhari both rode to presidency through the financial muscle and support of Atiku. Atiku was already 'made' before he became Nigeria's vice president in 1999. After retiring from Custom as its boss, he ventured into business and built his empire. He owns Adama Beverages and co-own Intels.
It was Atiku who, through his collective wealth of the economy, introduced IT into the nigerian communication sector; Vodacom and MTN having being prior beneficiaries of this endeavour, as well as serving as the engines to Nigeria's march towards mobile telecommunication independence and its benefits.
Atiku single-handedly picked the first cabinets in the presidency in 1999. The collective giants who transformed our polity, the likes of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Soludo, Ribadu, and El-Rufai (who now finds him repulsive), were a product of the Atiku discovery effort. Together, they transformed the economy, strengthened our banks, constricted corruption, and transformed FCT. It takes someone who has the 'stuff' in him, to detect others who have the 'stuff' in them.
By 2007, it was Atiku's shot at the presidency, by way of agreement, but Baba manipulated the move to favor Yaradua, owing to a grudge that Atiku motioned the plan to halt his third term ambition.

What am saying is, before you nail the man, know him. As a businessman, it would be in the interest of Nigeria that we strengthen our economy.
Take Donald Trump for instance- the view is to see the country like a company,...a business venture in which, for it to succeed, the best hands must be on deck. No, you don't employ people based on tribe or religion, you go for the best. Atiku proved that in his two terms as vice-president.
Am not saying Atiku is a saint,..nobody is,...but Atiku is qualified by standard. He is not under a godfather, he is a godfather himself. He is not pro-north, neither is he anti-north, or anti-south. His mandate to capitalize on restructuring solely borders on his financial independence. This man is not a gold-digger. Gold-diggers come on stage, having nothing before in their accounts, but leaving office as billionaires.
This man finances elections from his own pocket, initiates projects, and has thousands of employees under his payroll, PRESENTLY.

The Wazirin Adamawa was not a military man (wouldn't consider customs as a military outfit). And for years, he has grown fond of the economy, encouraging the likes of our own Dangote to flourish. If you want a stable and prosperous economy, elect a business man. A military man only sees military life. The two successors after OBJ, were not military men, but truth be said, Nigeria moved from zero to hero under their watch.

Why am I speaking for him?
While am not basing my conclusions on solely that fact my uncle worked under him, Atiku is not tribalistic. He's not an extremist, and by way of understanding, is principled.
Business = economic growth. And for Nigeria to grow to the level of industrialized nations of the world, power must be decentralized from the centre. States must be independent and allowed to function separately, and with their resources. That is how good restructuring can be. If this is done, every region will grow. That's how it's done in the states (US).
But of course, the northern elites are afraid of this move.
Atiku is not subject to the elites, or to rather put, not subject to the extremist far left (he is an independent elite gone rogue, or so 'they' think), and is moderate. Such a person, not compelled by the ropes of the puppeteers, is considered persona non grata. When you see a country as a business venture, and the people living in it as staffs, you flourish.

Besides, unless an experienced and respected man like Atiku, who cannot be shouted down, and who is an industrialist, is elected, Nigeria would lose it's chance to get a working youthful president in future.
This is because a younger president, now, would be clearly intimidated by a powerful elite that can frustrate his political plans.

2 Likes

Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by Ratello: 10:15pm On Mar 02, 2018
ebullientkay:
What people don't understand about Turaki, is that he is a detribalised Nigerian.
So many of us on this page only rely on what people say, or perhaps what the media say, instead of digging Deep.
When Atiku says something, he means it.
Before you lynch me, I am proud to identify with my tribe- the Ibos. But, and again, we're talking of principles here.
If 20 northerners were presented to you and Turaki is among them, pick him out, and separate him from the rest. It's just like comparing Umaru Yaradua with Buhari. Quite true, both are fulani, but what defines them is a large gulf of individual ideologies and principles. Let's say Buhari has good intents, but it isn't enough.
He is suppressed within a cabal that is stifling his political skeleton.
Atiku is self-made.
Some people have always believed he is in the league of corrupt officials, but that's a petty way to judge a man who personally, by his goodwill, put money into politics.
Obasanjo and Buhari both rode to presidency through the financial muscle and support of Atiku. Atiku was already 'made' before he became Nigeria's vice president in 1999. After retiring from Custom as its boss, he ventured into business and built his empire. He owns Adama Beverages and co-own Intels.
It was Atiku who, through his collective wealth of the economy, introduced IT into the nigerian communication sector; Vodacom and MTN having being prior beneficiaries of this endeavour, as well as serving as the engines to Nigeria's march towards mobile telecommunication independence and its benefits.
Atiku single-handedly picked the first cabinets in the presidency in 1999. The collective giants who transformed our polity, the likes of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Soludo, Ribadu, and El-Rufai (who now finds him repulsive), were a product of the Atiku discovery effort. Together, they transformed the economy, strengthened our banks, constricted corruption, and transformed FCT. It takes someone who has the 'stuff' in him, to detect others who have the 'stuff' in them.
By 2007, it was Atiku's shot at the presidency, by way of agreement, but Baba manipulated the move to favor Yaradua, owing to a grudge that Atiku motioned the plan to halt his third term ambition.

What am saying is, before you nail the man, know him. As a businessman, it would be in the interest of Nigeria that we strengthen our economy.
Take Donald Trump for instance- the view is to see the country like a company,...a business venture in which, for it to succeed, the best hands must be on deck. No, you don't employ people based on tribe or religion, you go for the best. Atiku proved that in his two terms as vice-president.
Am not saying Atiku is a saint,..nobody is,...but Atiku is qualified by standard. He is not under a godfather, he is a godfather himself. He is not pro-north, neither is he anti-north, or anti-south. His mandate to capitalize on restructuring solely borders on his financial independence. This man is not a gold-digger. Gold-diggers come on stage, having nothing before in their accounts, but leaving office as billionaires.
This man finances elections from his own pocket, initiates projects, and has thousands of employees under his payroll, PRESENTLY.

The Turakin Adamawa was not a military man (wouldn't consider customs as a military outfit). And for years, he has grown fond of the economy, encouraging the likes of our own Dangote to flourish. If you want a stable and prosperous economy, elect a business man. A military man only sees military life. The two successors after OBJ, were not military men, but truth be said, Nigeria moved from zero to hero under their watch.

Why am I speaking for him?
While am not basing my conclusions on solely that fact my uncle worked under him, Atiku is not tribalistic. He's not an extremist, and by way of understanding, is principled.
Business = economic growth. And for Nigeria to grow to the level of industrialized nations of the world, power must be decentralized from the centre. States must be independent and allowed to function separately, and with their resources. That is how good restructuring can be. If this is done, every region will grow. That's how it's done in the states (US).
But of course, the northern elites are afraid of this move.
Atiku is not subject to the elites, or to rather put, not subject to the extremist far left (he is an independent elite gone rogue, or so 'they' think), and is moderate. Such a person, not compelled by the ropes of the puppeteers, is considered persona non grata. When you see a country as a business venture, and the people living in it as staffs, you flourish.

Besides, unless an experienced and respected man like Atiku, who cannot be shouted down, and who is an industrialist, is elected, Nigeria would lose it's chance to get a working youthful president in future.
This is because a younger president, now, would be clearly intimidated by a powerful elite that can frustrate his political plans.

Thanks for helping many confused youths on this forum with this revelation about the Waziri Adamawa, Atiku is the need of the hour!

1 Like

Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by Aldebaran(m): 11:48pm On Mar 02, 2018
Liar grin
Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by Nowenuse: 12:01am On Mar 03, 2018
ClumsyFlimsy:

Wow... God bless you middle belters. It's time you guys stand up and smell the coffee. The real North despises you people
Time you guys stand and fight for your right and your people. You guys are neither arewa nor nyammiri . Kudos

cc Nowenuse

We have been doing so, but I think the problem with our people is discontinuity. If you need something, you gotta fight for it till you get it.

In 1956, the United Middlebelt Congress told the willinks commission that our people needed a new region to be carved out of the north, the petition was made, but it was declined by the British.

After that. You had the Tiv riots in 1964 against Northern rule and identity.

After Yakubu Gowon created the 1st 12 states, and Benue-Plateau became independent from the northern region and now enjoyed their autonomy. The cry for middlebelt somehow ended. Not until Babangida introduced this North-central trash. It has always been off and on.

1 Like

Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by Nobody: 1:07am On Mar 03, 2018
Cunning techniques for the fickle minded.
Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by Kaysalas(m): 4:47am On Mar 03, 2018
ayusco85:
copied
I am Otumala Jeo G
Benue, I responded
I am MIDDLE BELT
On the day of his death,
So he is not mine
I AM MIDDLE BELT
They should proudly say;
I AM MIDDLE BELT
Why am I not considered?
I AM MIDDLE BELT
I rise to take my place
I AM MIDDLE BELT
And that's who I am
I AM MIDDLE BELT
By Joe Great Otumala,
Dedicated to the blessed memory of J. S. Tarka and the fourteen Middle Belt States
Sorry, I just had to quote dis so I can always return to it. Beautiful piece, kindly spread this among your people
Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by okenta2017: 5:07am On Mar 03, 2018
ayusco85:
copied
I am Otumala Jeo G
Benue, I responded
I am MIDDLE BELT
On the day of his death,
So he is not mine
I AM MIDDLE BELT
They should proudly say;
I AM MIDDLE BELT
Why am I not considered?
I AM MIDDLE BELT
I rise to take my place
I AM MIDDLE BELT
And that's who I am
I AM MIDDLE BELT
By Joe Great Otumala,

At whatever time a man get's up from his sleep is his morning
I am happy for you that you have finaly woken up
Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by Teymanhenry(f): 6:38am On Mar 03, 2018
in just a few years Nigeria will restructure ...its coming... cos oil will just keep on falling in price
Re: "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North by hantey: 6:45am On Mar 03, 2018
Kkk

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don't Allow Nigeria To Disintegrate - Emir Of Gwandu Warns / 2023: Six South Govs Insist On PDP Ticket / Bbc, Olusosun And Nigerian Middle Class Hypocrisy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.