Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,563 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition (1531 Views)

UEFA Champions League First Leg Semi-final Clash Fixtures This Week / Nigeria Professional Football League Table After Week 8 Sunday Games / Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by Jarus(m): 8:31pm On Mar 02, 2018
Hi guys,

This idea was mooted by members of the Nairaland Football Team that trained and planned to participate in the 2017 Social Media tournament that was eventually jettisoned by the organisers.

After the disappointment by the organisers, we decided to just take charge and organize something similar. Rather than being a tournament, we decided to adopt a league model.

We also decided to expand it beyond Nairaland; hence the name, Nigeria Social Media Football League (NSMFL)

We are starting with 2018 edition.

FORMAT
1, 4 teams will be formed
2, Each team will register at least 16 players
3, All teams play each other "home" and "away" (although on same ground).

The Teams

We decided to name the teams after the winners of the leagues in England, Spain, Germany and Nigeria in the previous season (i.e 2016/2017 champions).

So the 4 teams to play this league for 2018 season are:
1, Chelsea
2, Real Madrid
3, Bayern Munich
4, Plateau United

Duration

The league will run for 6 months, March - August 2018. Each team will have 1 match per month.

Last Sunday of every month.

Venue & Time

UNILAG training pitch

First match: 2-4pm
Second match: 4-6pm

70 minutes (30 minutes per half, 10 minutes half time)

League Committee

A League Committee of 5 people who shall oversee the administrative part shall be formed. You can indicate interest to join the LMC here.

End of the Season Awards

At the end of the season in August, an award ceremony shall be organised. The following awards shall be presented:

- Champions (winning team)
- Team of the Season (Best 11 players of the league)
- Player of the season
- Top scorer
- Goal of the season
- King of assist

Registration
Send your name and the team you want to play for to 07036442913.
For now registration is free, and we hope to keep it free. We will try and look for sponsors. However, if we could not find sponsors, each team may have to contribute N15,000 to use to organize the award events.

FIXTURES

Note: The first team is the home team; the second away. However, this is just for designation as both "home" and away" matches will hold in same field.

MARCH
- Chelsea vs Madrid
- Bayern vs Plateau United

APRIL
- Madrid vs Bayern
- Plateau United vs Chelsea

MAY

- Plateau United vs Madrid
- Bayern vs Chelsea

JUNE
- Madrid vs Chelsea
- Plateau United vs Bayern

JULY
- Bayern vs Madrid
- Chelsea vs Plateau United

AUGUST
- Chelsea vs Plateau United
- Madrid vs Bayern

Both matches hold last Sunday of the month.

Transfer Window

There shall be 1 transfer window in the middle of the season.
The window will open from 1st - 15th June.
A team is allowed to sign a player from another team for real money, subject to approval of the owning team and the LMC.
A team is also allowed to sign fresh players (i.e players not registered at the beginning of the season in March).
The maximum number of mid-season transfer (whether bought from another team or outside the league) is 5.
For external transfer, the team shall pay N2,000 to the LMC for a new player signed mid-season.
For intra-league transfer, the transfer fee shall be as agreed between the two teams and the money goes to the selling team.

TABLES

Tables shall be published on a dedicated Nairaland thread, updated after every match day.
The tables to be kept are:

- League table
- Scorers' chart
- Assist tracker

FINAL NOTE: While this was developed by Nairalanders for Nairalanders, we are not limiting it to Nairaland, that is why we have used Social Media League, and not Nairaland League. So feel free to share with and invite your friends on other social media platforms to register. Only players that registered before 22 March 2017 will play.

Guys, let's make this happen!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by neezar: 8:40pm On Mar 02, 2018
Oya I am in

Time 2 break some waists cool
Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by bqlekan(m): 9:37pm On Mar 02, 2018
hehe. ... good development. My darling chelsea, here I come. cheesy
Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 02, 2018
Time to pick up Hanged booth.
Guys let's put all support to make this happen.
Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 02, 2018
Bayern all the way!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by Bowaley17(m): 10:33pm On Mar 02, 2018
Common Chelsea let's make this happen...
Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by Jarus(m): 11:07pm On Mar 02, 2018
Dont join team by mouth o. Send your name and team of interest to 07036442913
Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by PASCALSILVA(m): 3:23pm On Mar 03, 2018
am interested
Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by PASCALSILVA(m): 3:25pm On Mar 03, 2018
its a great idea....buh i have some little problem with me joining.. i live in ondo state and i want to register this year and start playing next year ...cuz i wnt have chance this year again how can it be possible
Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by Skilme(m): 3:32pm On Mar 03, 2018
Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by maclatunji: 3:49pm On Mar 03, 2018
@Jarus and organizers. You want Plateau United to sue you for misrepresentation?

You can find a name for your local team like Nairalanders.
Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by chidexxy007(m): 4:05pm On Mar 03, 2018
i see this is only for guys resident in lagos..ok bye
Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by barackodam: 11:13pm On Mar 03, 2018
What about next season, when league winners change this season. Will the name still be the same?
Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by Jarus(m): 12:56am On Mar 04, 2018
PASCALSILVA:
its a great idea....buh i have some little problem with me joining.. i live in ondo state and i want to register this year and start playing next year ...cuz i wnt have chance this year again how can it be possible

Next year is a fresh season. You can join.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by Jarus(m): 12:57am On Mar 04, 2018
barackodam:
What about next season, when league winners change this season. Will the name still be the same?

No. Names will change.
Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by latino2swt(m): 6:34am On Mar 04, 2018
I want to be part of the LMC
Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by sammoe(m): 1:34pm On Mar 04, 2018
Nice initiative! Will register. grin

Are there any player restrictions e.g. age?

PS. I think the August away teams should be the other way round i.e. Chelsea vs Bayern. Madrid vs Plateau.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by Jarus(m): 9:10pm On Mar 04, 2018
Send sms to 07036442913 to state the team you want to join or LMC.
Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by Hemmssportng: 11:10pm On Mar 04, 2018
GO ROUND GOT WHIPPED AS FCIU GOT AN AWAY ADVANTAGE OVER RIVERS UTD
http://www.hemmssport.com/2018/03/npfl-match-day-11-full-time-scores-and.html

SUPPORT THE NPFL
Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by stanbuggy(m): 3:03am On Mar 06, 2018
Want to register for Real Madrid.

grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by stanbuggy(m): 1:28pm On Mar 06, 2018
if you are interested in Joining the Real Madrid Squad. Kindly send your Number to 08063332004. Lets add you to our Group.

Hala Madrid!
Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by Bowaley17(m): 9:41am On Mar 07, 2018
Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by Jarus(m): 7:23am On Mar 24, 2018
Tomorrow is Match Day 1 of NSMFL

First Match
Chelsea vs Real Madrid
2pm

Second Match
Bayern vs Plateau United
4pm

Venue: UNILAG Training Pitch

Lalasticlala
Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by Bowaley17(m): 6:36pm On Mar 24, 2018
Jarus:
Tomorrow is Match Day 1 of NSMFL

First Match
Chelsea vs Real Madrid
2pm

Second Match
Bayern vs Plateau United
4pm

Venue: UNILAG Training Pitch

Lalasticlala

Sir i'm an admin in the chelsea fc whatsapp group,but i lost my phone and couldn't follow up with the group update. I'll be happy if you can help me with any admin in the group number.
Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by Jarus(m): 7:56pm On Mar 24, 2018
Bowaley17:

Sir i'm an admin in the chelsea fc whatsapp group,but i lost my phone and couldn't follow up with the group update. I'll be happy if you can help me with any admin in the group number.

0813 527 6314
Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by Bowaley17(m): 10:11pm On Mar 24, 2018
Jarus:

0813 527 6314
thank you sir
Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by Jarus(m): 8:05am On Mar 30, 2018
Tables after Match Day 1

Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by Bowaley17(m): 1:35pm On Mar 30, 2018
Up Chelsea
Re: Nigeria Social Media Football League - First Edition by Jarus(m): 8:54am On Apr 21, 2018
Match Day 2 is next week Sunday

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Isreal Adesanya & Anthony Joshua / Have You Guys Heard About Msport, How's It? / Today's Free Game - Prediction But Very Safe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.