Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,549 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Isi Dada - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Isi Dada (2189 Views)

Igbe Aye Wale Dada Gege Bi Oniroyin / Dreadlock (dada) Babies - Is This True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isi Dada by chimae1: 11:59pm On Apr 27, 2010
Could anyone with information on this please elaborate. Apparently I had this hair when I was born. It was allowed to grow until I was 1, and then cut. My dad told me it has links to Rastafarian (Haile Selassie), people would tie the old style coins (with holes) in it. That's about all I could get on it. I also read it has something to do with possession?

Anyone have additional info?
Re: Isi Dada by OgidiBoy(m): 12:05am On Apr 28, 2010
Was you an Ogbanje shocked shocked shocked
Re: Isi Dada by AndreUweh(m): 9:27pm On Apr 29, 2010
Ishi dada is very common amongst Cherubim and Seraphim christian sect. It is in line with the story of Sampson in the bible whose hair was not to be cut by a razor. Someone else may interprete it differently.
Re: Isi Dada by chidyke77(m): 2:28pm On May 01, 2010
@poster
pray and cut off the hair if its your son or rather involve a pastor or a priest. i dont believe in those nonsense but if you do,it wl be having an effect on you and that's when the bad spirit will take control.
i have a nephew that has it and i was the one that cut off the hair when he's one year old.i told the mum who's my blood sister that nothing will happen and nothing really happened. its just a kind of superstitious believe.
Re: Isi Dada by queenesthr(f): 5:29pm On May 18, 2010

(1) (Reply)

Have You Noticed? / Ten Amazing Facts About The Yoruba People. / Oso Asiri Bibo Kekere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.