Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,358 members, 7,819,287 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Dreadlock (dada) Babies - Is This True? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Dreadlock (dada) Babies - Is This True? (3624 Views)

Igbe Aye Wale Dada Gege Bi Oniroyin / Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dreadlock (dada) Babies - Is This True? by queenesthr(f): 11:29am On Apr 21, 2010
Is it true that if you shave a Dada (dreadlock) baby's hair without the babies consent, the baby will die?

I have seen several women with dada hair babies up to 3 years old who have refused to shave the babies' untidy dada hair on the excuse that they are waiting to get the baby's consent before shaving the hair. 

Any truth in this belief?
Re: Dreadlock (dada) Babies - Is This True? by dollz(f): 11:44am On Apr 21, 2010
na thats just superstition
Re: Dreadlock (dada) Babies - Is This True? by shadrach77: 11:54am On Apr 21, 2010
it's spiritual and also psychological. there is some element of truth in it - if a possesion has been taken away from you without your consent, it is bound to have some kind of negative effect on you e.g. a lady who has her virginity taken away via rape - however, i'm not too sure it might result in the death of the child lipsrsealed
Re: Dreadlock (dada) Babies - Is This True? by candylips(m): 12:14pm On Apr 21, 2010
mere superstition
Re: Dreadlock (dada) Babies - Is This True? by 006(m): 7:33pm On Apr 21, 2010
^^^

Maybe try to disprove it by cutting your own child's dada.

You either perform a ceremony before cutting it (without the child's consent) or cut it with his/her consent.
I think only a former dada can cut it.
Re: Dreadlock (dada) Babies - Is This True? by agathamari(f): 8:27pm On Apr 21, 2010
superstition
Re: Dreadlock (dada) Babies - Is This True? by ifyalways(f): 7:10pm On Apr 22, 2010
@Poster,heres where ur faith determines ur fate.If u believe ur child is gonna die cos u shaved his hair then he might just do so !
One of my twins had dreadlocks,i shaved off the thing with no second thought or fear,the boy is alive and bouncing till date.
Re: Dreadlock (dada) Babies - Is This True? by lannre(m): 4:27pm On Apr 26, 2010
Dada ! Awuru yale ya igi oko ! Uhmmm wondering how someone who has shaved his baby head know if he or she is Dada .

(1) (Reply)

I Need Nice Benin And Yoruba Names. / Yoruba Muslims Are So Nice / Go To Yorubaland And Practice Your Culture - Ilorin Indigenes Tell Yorubas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.