Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,752 members, 7,820,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

The Hole In The Wall - Literature (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Hole In The Wall (435632 Views)

The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea / A Short Story - The Wall Between- Haruna Shukurat / lovely new series to read: The Wall Betweeen by Shukura Haruna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hole In The Wall by phoenixchap: 7:42pm On Sep 04, 2018
Bless you my brother.... I was starting to wonder what was happening but I get you needed the break to get the gist back on track, the latest update just opened another serious can of worms I also hope u will take pity on BROTA boys and reduce the beat up they take because I can foresee more beat up but in the end justice always prevail....

I also was hoping to see name like
Baban*****a
Obas******o and others on that list before sha grin grin grin.... tongue Na joke I dey oo if u take me serious na at your peril oo

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Parollawd(m): 8:52am On Sep 05, 2018
finally got here

visit www.donsimonii.com for other interesting stories

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by donkelz(m): 2:00pm On Sep 05, 2018
Thumbs bro! Nice update.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by queenitee(f): 4:34pm On Sep 05, 2018
Wow, feels so good to be back. Been so busy with exams. So I'm glad Emma is safe and everything is almost back to normal. This new discovery about Fome is wow.
Souloho19, been long, how have you been?

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 2:42pm On Sep 07, 2018
iamloyalty:
Ur imagination runs really wide. Still ur fan.

Tnx ma'am.... Jah bless!
Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 2:42pm On Sep 07, 2018
Ann2012:
Thanks Souloho19

The Hole is very wide shocked

grin
Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 2:45pm On Sep 07, 2018
MhisTahrah:
Souloho19, nothing must happen to that journalist o.
Another update served piping hot as usual. cheesy cheesy

I don't want anything to happen to her too. But but.... :- lemme not make any promises sha
#fingerscrossed
Tnx for your comment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 2:49pm On Sep 07, 2018
phoenixchap:
Bless you my brother.... I was starting to wonder what was happening but I get you needed the break to get the gist back on track, the latest update just opened another serious can of worms I also hope u will take pity on BROTA boys and reduce the beat up they take because I can foresee more beat up but in the end justice always prevail....

I also was hoping to see name like
Baban*****a
Obas******o and others on that list before sha grin grin grin.... tongue Na joke I dey oo if u take me serious na at your peril oo

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
hehe...thank God for disclaimer sha... everything is only imageenashion...But maybe the equivalent to the hole exists in real life o...

Well in J.Cole's voice:'I'm just playing..but every good joke contains true sh*t!'

Gracias for sticking with me bro.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 2:52pm On Sep 07, 2018
queenitee:
Wow, feels so good to be back. Been so busy with exams. So I'm glad Emma is safe and everything is almost back to normal. This new discovery about Fome is wow.
Souloho19, been long, how have you been?

Yay! I trust you killed the exams.. wink
I'm doing good...jst tryn to dig out this hole but it keeps getting bigger...
Welcome back
Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 2:54pm On Sep 07, 2018
Oroolorun:
I thought I hate the journalist (after publishing the fake news about BROTA) until Rex mention her now and I can't help pitying her. Who knows maybe the Holes were the one who delivered the letter bomb at Dele Giwa door step.
Who is tha 1st minister?

Ha! Boss....

grin

About the first minister, as soon as I know you'll know.
Thanks chief... I appreciate you!
Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 3:27pm On Sep 07, 2018
Dedicated to..

Preciousbouy bimberry1307 Evold Oroolorun mimilight MhisTahrah iamloyalty Honeydawealth Silensa explosive Bleeze2 Ann2012 olatoun261 queenitee donkey phoenixchap Charminee ekopsparrowayara Helenbee...

::::::::::::::

In exactly 32 minutes everyone had freshened up.

Utebo had dressed the kids like they were going to church or for a birthday Party. She herself wore something casual, just a Jean and polo shirt but it was nothing compared to the smile she wore.

Tonye was the last out of the shower, she rushed into the parlour scrubbing her hair dry with the towel to the corner the little bag she and Kirsten had packed had been hurriedly dropped before.

"I've booked a taxi already, he will be here soon...." she said as she rummaged through the small box and selected a BROTA inscribed shirt to go with the pant trousers she had on. She observed the young family dressed and buzzing with excitement.

" you guys are looking good!"

" thank you...a car just pulled up... I think the taxi is here" Utebo said staring out the window

"wow that was quick... Just give me a minute!"Tonye said and rushed into one of the rooms.

She was out in 30 seconds with her big black pistol in her hand. It was in the holster but she didn't strap the holster to her belt. Instead she grabbed her bag from the dining table and buried the gun in it.

"that won't be coming out today" she said sweetly and
Utebo smiled. She had seen a lot of guns, her husband was in the military after all and not to mention her big headed brother who had turned to be some kind of Rambo two years ago and always wore a gun to visit ever since.

But for now she was glad the gun was staying in Tonye's hand bag and at least out of sight. It was a joyous moment they were in and she could do without seeing a gun for a few hours.

The taxi was parked patiently on the curb when the two women and three children filed out. Utebo shut the gate and locked it then she filed into the back seat with her children. Tonye slid into the passenger seat and struggled with the seat belt. When she was strapped in safely, she looked at the driver. "why aren't we moving?"

"where to Madam?"

"ah ah...I filled the destination online now..."

"oh!...the hospital!" he started the engine and Tonye studied him with a frown, "you look farmil.....wait are you not the same driver that took us there two nights ago?"

He nodded sheepishly "yes Madam...this whole area from the stadium to the catholic church at the other end is my beat"

"Jeez! I totally forgot about you when we left...we haven't even paid you for the other night...how much do we owe?

" don't worry Madam, when we get to our destination,I charge by the meter and it's all tabulated in my mobile device...I'll calculate everything once"

Tonye nodded but didn't say anything. As a former government agent, the one thing you were trained for was to be on the look out for the slightest irregularity, coupled to that, since she met Rex Obasi and formed a part of BROTA, she had learnt coincidences were always almost non existent...

She clutched her bag in her lap tightly and studied the driver from the corner of her eye.

"Radio?" the man asked politely

"yes please"
he was what.....early forties...no outstanding features apart from the mustache...average build. He seemed calm, like a normal driver..but then again calmness was just a facade someone could master. It was all in maintaining a stoic disinterested expression and regulated breathing..

Seal began crooning from the car's speakers about being kissed from a rose or kissing a rose..Tonye could never figure out the lyrics.

"ooh I love this song!" Utebo said happily.

:::::::::::::::::

"you're very lucky mister man, the skin integrity is still intact...although you need to take the antibiotics I prescribed for you" the doctor patted my shoulder while I flexed both hands.
The doctor had applied some kind of lotion that felt like ice and left a tingling sensation in my finger tips before numbing my hands totally of all sensation.

"normally the burns shouldn't have gotten past your epidemis but you wasted too much time before you got here...but what matters is your subcatenous tissue that is your hypodemis is still very much intact...."

I tuned out as the cheerful doctor Ernest continued his monologue.

I had a flight back to Benue in the next 3 hours and my dad had added his strong opinion to my friends' that it made no sense to travel looking the way I was. It was going to be best to look good for my wife. She had gone through hell and it wasn't fair of me to go see her looking like the devil..

"don't let her see you looking like a mad man, even your mother too is there" he had said amidst the sounds of encouragement from Andy and Bami.

So as it turned out, Bami and I were getting a thorough check up at the hospital.

The real shadow's body had been deposited at the coroner's office to run an autopsy. All though cause of death was clear from the gulf ball sized hole in his head, we wanted to know what the shadow was made of....or had been made of...literally.

"....aaaaaaagh!" I yelped in pain suddenly as the doctor lifted my arm up.

"sorry...but I have to bandage your rib tightly. It's going to heal itself but for it to heal you need to allow it to rest, stop doing whatever it is that made you have a cracked rib in the first place...although the painkillers will.."

"no doctor...no painkillers" I reaffirmed clenching my teeth so I don't cry out in pain. I wasn't about to get drugged again and miss my flight. It was true I needed rest but there's a time for everything afterall.

::::::

My father and Bami were in the hospital lobby waiting for me.

Bami didn't seem to be in much pain, he seemed way fitter than me.

"we heard you crying like a baby" he jested as I wobbled to where they sat.

I looked at him "how come it doesn't pain you like that?"

"actually I have a high threshold for pain"

I scoffed and rolled my eyes "the doctor gave you painkillers didn't he?"

He nodded vigorously "yea... It works like magic...the pain is gone and I feel so energetic!"

I shook my head in amusment then looked at Emma.
She wasn't asleep anymore but standing and resting on my father's legs. She looked dull and unhappy.

I sat down beside my father "hey Emma...my baby..."

Sh looked at me and I must say I was a bit disappointed when her eyes didn't brighten like it usually did. She didn't even run into my arms as usual. She looked at me then gradually her mouth which was turned downwards at the edge straightened but it didn't turn up in a smile.

Hey... I'll take whatever I can.

She moved to me slowly and I carried her and gently began bouncing her on my lap.

"how are you my princess...daddy loves you okay"

"I want mummy"

I looked at my dad, he shrugged "hey don't look at me...you and your sisters were like that..always crying for mummy...now you know how it feels" he said with a smile.

I smiled back but I knew there was something there...I was never really close to my father..none of us were really...not when we saw him as this huge formidable man....

"hey where's Sparrow?" I asked suddenly unwilling to go down that memory lane

"honesly who is that guy?" my father asked "one minute he is here sitting beside me, the next I just bend down to try and get Emma to smile and whowoooo! he's gone...just like that!"

I looked round the half empty lobby wondering where the Sensei could be at the very moment. After his brief outburst in the office about taking down the hole he had withdrawn and like a closed book had become unreadable.

Still he followed us to the hospital but now he was gone.

"Rex so this Beatrice person what do we do about her?" Bami asked after a while.

"honestly I don't know...I just want to see my wife honestly...but she's Gonna pay one way or the other for what she did...at the very least on the grounds that she broke the law"

"and you mean she was Fome's lover..."my dad murmured to himself. He was still very much stuck on that.

There was a very long silence while I cooed at my daughter who wasn't in the mood.

" well what next?" my dad asked

" let's try and reach Andy and find out if they've gotten across to the reporter lady yet"

"okay...but can we leave this hospital...I've really gotten to hate hospitals in the last two years."

"let's head back to brota we'll call Andy from the car.. Then I'll still like to ask Buzz some questions before we hand him over to the police"

Buzz was in our small holding cell that had never been used. It was ironic that the first cell mate to be locked in would be a member of BROTA. Well ex member..that backstaber was definitely out...

:::::::::::::::::

Helen Koker was an investigative journalist who most times got caught in the hunt of a story. She had the rare kind of dedication most reporters lack... The kind that made them always put the story first.

There was nothing as sweet and exhilarating as uncovering a plot, a secret no one knew about. That was her rush...and a very potent rush it was indeed, more effective and perhaps more dangerous than any drug.

She was Lois Lane in the modern and busy city of Lagos but without any superman.

That was until Andy saw her.

The newest BROTA recruits had accompanied him for the briefing and handing over of the sensitive material (all copies of course, the original had been locked in the safe) to the 'nosy and annoying' reporter.

Nosy and annoying...

Those had been his very words earlier when he had read the article she had written about the agency. But now......

They were seated in a corner at a popular chicken republic joint in Ikeja. The moment she walked into the eatery Andy knew she was the one. As in the one they had been waiting for...the reporter they had been waiting for...or the one he had been waiting for?

He shook his head sending all thoughts flying away.

The last time he had felt this way was when he had met Mona.
Although he had managed to make a fool of himself on that occasion, stuttering and stammering. It was a wonder she had given him her number then.

And to be honest he had still messed up just this past week, flirting with the doctor's assistant then getting his ass kicked but still....the way he felt now was totally different..like the wind was knocked out of him and knocked into him at the same time...

They had chosen a booth not easily visible and he watched her as she scanned the diner searching for her 'source'

"I think that's her" Dagnet commented as the lady put a phone to her ear, looking left and right.

Few seconds later Andy's phone rang. He half stood hurriedly causing the juice on the table to spill. If not for Bigelow's quick hands it would have been quite a mess.

The little commotion was what brought her attention to their corner and Andy waved her over.

She was pretty, full of confidence and energy and the few steps it took her to get to their booth, Andy was already a goner..

They shook hands and exchanged pleasantries and she sat down next to Bigelow and brought out her tape recorder.

"so BROTA has finally agreed to give me a statement" she said.

There was silence.

Bigelow and Dagnet were looking at Andy. Despite their special ops and paramilitary background he was their superior now and they would never break protocol.

But Andy was lost in her eyes. Never had he seen eyes so full of life and intelligence before. Never.

Bigelow finally managed to connect with his shin under the table. A quick sharp kick had him blinking several times.

"ehem....errm....ehem....actually not a statement...we have a story for you...and it's huge but dangerous... You have to make sure nobody knows what we're about to tell you...work on it until it's ready for publication without anybody knowing about any of it... Not even your editor"

"hmm... Okay" her interest was piqued.

"promise me" Andy insisted

She looked at him strangely then nodded "okay I promise"

To be continued...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hole In The Wall by opalk(m): 3:42pm On Sep 07, 2018
Hmmm.... The hole is not going to end like this.. And I don't think the real shadow is dead.. They might be Triplet grin

4 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Eberechi24(f): 4:04pm On Sep 07, 2018
Nice one

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Evold: 4:20pm On Sep 07, 2018
It is not over yet. That taxi driver might kidnap the whole family

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by do4luv14(m): 4:54pm On Sep 07, 2018
Nice one oga SOUlOHO
someborri pls play fall in love for ANDY. D guy don dey hool omo press

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Ann2012(f): 5:02pm On Sep 07, 2018
Thanks Boss Souloho19

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Bleeze2: 5:22pm On Sep 07, 2018
I say thank u brfore i read this even before i read yhis
U r doing well

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Oroolorun(m): 9:11pm On Sep 07, 2018
souloho19:

About the first minister, as soon as I know you'll know.
Abeg Oga, go and find out in time.
That driver, that taxi driver, that mysterious taxi driver, mmm... time will tell.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by phoenixchap: 9:17pm On Sep 07, 2018
Personal (Souloho19) person this update is every bit enjoyed, love your work anyday Anytime you have always raised the bar. Patiently waiting for things to unfold.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Kaycee9242(m): 9:23pm On Sep 07, 2018
Chai who is talking of kidnapping again? Una no dy tire for tragedy? Souloho welldone

3 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Xriah18(f): 9:31pm On Sep 07, 2018
[color=#770077][/color]Thank you for this update Mr Soul
I've finally been able to ditch #ghostmode
#Following.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by okeyben10: 12:39am On Sep 08, 2018
wow
don't I just love me these last 2 episodes. d highs d drops...can't wait to c what d taxi guy is up to. plus I hope those letters are genuine and not a bait

thanks man for maintaining d tempo. ko easyyyy.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by EkopSparoAyara(m): 1:52am On Sep 08, 2018
I have been gone for a while now... I missed some wonderful things that happened but Souloho never stopped mentioning me in his post, I feel Honoured Boss... And to say that my character(Sensei Sparrow Ayara) is still doing great is overwhelming... Now my Father has been introduced(Marcus Ayara),a notorious man...
Souloho19,you are awesome...

I still find it difficult to believe that the shadow, the tallest, is gone just like that..Well the body is yet to be ID...
The Identity of the Cab driver is yet to be unravelled...
So Fome was really Bi?? That's crazy... That slippery bitch... Beatrice on a finish them off mood...
Get well Olivia...

Let me settle down now to read the latest update... I had to comment first... It's been awhile... I have missed you all...
BRAVO SOULOHO...

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by paqman: 6:01am On Sep 08, 2018
Only Souloho19 no what the identity of this Strange driver, i thought it won't be one of Beatrice accomplice even if he is he should be prepared to meet is doom, ride on bro keep doing the imaginable

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Preciousbouy(m): 9:03am On Sep 08, 2018
opalk:
Hmmm.... The hole is not going to end like this.. And I don't think the real shadow is dead.. They might be Triplet grin
shey nah you wan make them triplets abi how cos i no understand

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by queenitee(f): 10:51am On Sep 08, 2018
souloho19:

Yay! I trust you killed the exams.. wink
I'm doing good...jst tryn to dig out this hole but it keeps getting bigger...
Welcome back
Thank God.
Don't worry, we will just fill the hole with sands jare grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by queenitee(f): 10:59am On Sep 08, 2018
Andy Andy, brother has fallen

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by explosive04(m): 12:09pm On Sep 08, 2018
ANDY please dn't fall in love again bcus everytm u fall inlove, somethng bad follows...

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by do4luv14(m): 1:19pm On Sep 08, 2018
Hmmmmm mak ah no talk shaaa..

queenitee:
Andy Andy, brother has fallen
Re: The Hole In The Wall by arrestdarrester: 8:06pm On Sep 08, 2018
Marcus Ayara? Well, thanks for that potential new twist Souloho19...

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Godwinfury(m): 12:39am On Sep 10, 2018
over explosive bro, keep it hot

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (100) (Reply)

Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms / A Man To Call Her Own / SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.