Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,930 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:38 AM

The Hole In The Wall - Literature (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Hole In The Wall (442414 Views)

The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea / A Short Story - The Wall Between- Haruna Shukurat / lovely new series to read: The Wall Betweeen by Shukura Haruna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Speakout03: 5:38pm On Aug 25, 2018
mr. Soul u make us feel like we are watching a movie while we read. Bravo

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by samwobi(m): 9:55pm On Aug 25, 2018
If I Say You Are Awesome, My Guy Its An Undestatement, Just Fire On Mr Consistency

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by pweetygiftofGod(f): 5:11am On Aug 26, 2018
shocked
Re: The Hole In The Wall by RegArmani: 5:14am On Aug 26, 2018
Seems like am watching Seasonal series 24...Rex is our Jack Beuer...Ride on Soul my mannest

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by bimberry1307(f): 3:07pm On Aug 26, 2018
oga, where's our weekend update?

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Preciousbouy(m): 10:37pm On Aug 26, 2018
This is one story that gives me chills kai soul, you're truly a soul litter...... God press you with blessings and more wisdom

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by WHOcarex: 11:14pm On Aug 26, 2018
I'm happy Bigelow get to kill the shadow. I actually smiled and sniff when I read that part grin

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Pinkfeet: 2:30am On Aug 27, 2018
kudos to you
more wisdom fall on you
interesting

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Sensitivity1254: 7:00am On Aug 27, 2018
Bia my friend stop this madness

donsimoniiblog:
interesting story cheesy

Enjoy other stories on www.donsimonii.com

www.donsimonii.com
Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 12:12pm On Aug 28, 2018
Just checking in fam, sorry for the delayed diagnosisupdates....will work on it today

3 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by okeyben10: 12:16pm On Aug 28, 2018
souloho19:
Just checking in fam, sorry for the delayed diagnosisupdatkes....will work on it today

waiting...
Re: The Hole In The Wall by princetom1(m): 4:37pm On Aug 28, 2018
TeameeMoses:
Souloho19 i dey gbadun you just like the Amebo Couples wey dey video Bigelow........

You mail me... How may i be of help? Whatsapp 08175931112
Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 12:04pm On Aug 29, 2018
Dedicated

EkopSparoAyara genius43 Ann2012 Oroolorun rowdymind IAMkingoludav Evold Criis cylovee paafin explosive04 Abelranking dimssy mimilight phoenixchap paqman Stevodot22 Funnyfun Charminee MhisTahrah Eberechi24 speakout03 samwobi pweetygiftofGod RegArmani bimberry1307 Preciousbouy WHOcarex pinkfeet sensivity1254 okeyben10 helenbee teameeMoses silvertrinity

::::::::::::::

Bami, Andy and Dagnet hurried out excitedly. If it was true and the shadow was indeed dead killed by Bigelow, well........
That would be unbelievable luck, or maybe unbelievable luck plus karma and goodwill...

Agent Sparrow was looking at me strangely while my father was still stuck on Emma looking down at her with powerful fatherly love.

"What is it?" I asked Sparrow after he continued looking at me strangely

"your aura.....its full of confusion, pain and regret.....you need to ask the question"

"What question?" I asked

"What question?" My dad raised an eyebrow

"I don't know, only you knows the question that will bring you peace...you need to ask it"

I looked at my dad, Alli no joy made a shrugging expression with his mouth.

I cleared my throat "This hole....like how many members are they and just how come.....as in, how have they been able to remain undetected for so long?"

Sparrow looked dissappointed "That wasn't the question"

"but it was a question wasn't it?"

Sparrow shrugged "I don't really know, and believe me I've been searching for answers for years.....the thing is, the hole was created along with the Country, so they are powerful individuals on the highest echelons of power......believe me, the reason why so many things suddenly get forgotten in this Country is mostly as a result of this group....why murders, thieves and strange news trend for days only to fade away into nothing and from memory without justice is because this people make the law, I mean they make the law for the lawmakers....they smother any presidency and administration to only bow to their every whim, so its like a crack in the foundation of the country....like a hole in the foundation..."

"Like a hole in the wall....." I said

Sparrow nodded "There has to be something in what you just said....a hidden meaning, I heard the murder that took place in the hotel happened through a hole in the wall?"

I nodded "Yes but Fo.....err...Beatrice used it as a figurative play of words to get me to a location, somewhere that had some kind of history for Fome and I"

"And you believe that's just it?" Sparrow asked but before I could answer he said "wait hold up....one thing I never could not understand was how Mr X got to give up his revenge....We couldn't get him to bulge but somehow you managed to get the code to stop the sarin gas that day and saved hundreds of lives....how did you do it?"

This time before I could answer, the intercom buzzed. It was Bami

"Hey Rex! you guys should get to the car park! You're going to want to see this!" he shouted

Sparrow stood up and I looked at my dad but he was already settling into the vacant plush leather chair.
"I'm here with her son, you go.....go check it out"

So I wrapped the towel tightly round my body like a woman fresh out of the shower and followed Sparrow out the office, down the corridor and out the sliding double doors of the agency.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Bigelow waited impatiently while the sleepy eyed guard rambled on the inercom, finally he came back outside with a renewed spring in his step. His superiors must have told him to let the truck in immediately.

He operated the lever and the gate slid open and as Bigelow drove in the man gave him a salute, a sign of respect. Bigelow smiled and returned it.

He drove towards the car park and was suprised to already see Bami and Andy with the ex police woman waiting for him.
He killed the engine, not bothering to park properly

"Ryan....why did you take off after the shadow and leave us stranded?" Bami asked as he jumped down.

"My brother's killer was getting away.....I wasn't about to let that happen, not again"

"I know" Bami softened "But we're a team, that's how we work....you don't just endanger your life alone....we endanger our lives together...that's BROTA for you, we're brothers...."

"dude forget this preaching......Big you really killed him?" Andy asked eagerly

"Yes I did"

"As in the real shadow? how did you do it....were you hurt?" Dagnet asked

"No.....I don't even really know....everything just happened really slow....." He moved to the trunk and opened it "I guess sometimes the hardest people to kill are the ones who die easily...although it wasn't easy" he held his sprained shoulder and winced in pain "But it was worth it....gimme a hand here"

"Are you sure he's dead?" Andy asked cautiously as he and Bami approached the body. He didn't need anyone to tell him about life and the suprises it sprang up out of nowhere. A killer suprise would be if the shadow got up that very instant...now that would be nasty.

"He is dead....just one accurate head shot was all it took"

Bami and Andy both held the body by the legs and dragged him roughly to the floor.

Dagnet had her gun out, just to be on the safe side but when the body landed with a thud and bounced lifelessly, she put it away.

Andy removed the helmet and they studied the face for some seconds then Bami turned and gave Bigelow a Hi five.

"you killed him Ryan....you really did...."

"I know....now my brother is avenged and can rest in peace"

"That's a nasty hole in the face....what gun do you use?"

"How did it happen?"

"Tell us....did he suffer?"

The questions kept firing like a turret locked on a target and Bigelow raised both hands up until Dagnet asked "did you search him?"
He looked at her "no...not yet"

"He may have the letters" she said

"What letters?" Bigelow asked

"That's true...the letters...Andy frisk him" Bami said

"Why do I gotta be the one to search the dead man" Andy grumbled but he got on his knees and began going through the shadows flowing garments.
Hand greenades, death stars, daggers, pistols, frag grenades.....all came out one after the other and there were still more weapons

"Where on earth does he keep all these, does he have some kind of pocket in his skin?" Bigelow asked in suprise

"hold up....I feel something..." Andy pulled out a parcel, it was tied in a red ribbon and folded in a thick envelope.

On one side the words '...FIDENTIAL' could be made out and on the other 'CLASSI...'

"Confidential and classified....this has to be it" Andy said....."this has to be the red letters that lesbian bitch wanted Rex to get"

"Andy...your language, I'm a woman!" Dagnet cautioned
"But you're straight na....with the way you were looking at the sensei..." his voice trailed off. He suddenly remembered Dagnet was just a new member and they were not really on the kind of terms for his jokes. Andy liked to goof around especially when he was standing over the dead body of the deadliest assassin and the antagonist of his best friend. He glanced at Bami, expecting the strange eyes to be staring at him with dissaproval but Bami was already on the phone "Hey Rex...you're going to want to see this!"

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 12:07pm On Aug 29, 2018
The last update is quite short....hopefully I'll be completing it later today once I finish reading the red letters....tnx for sticking around, Jah bless!
Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 12:09pm On Aug 29, 2018
Eberechi24:
wow! a lot has happened in my absence,
the greatest of them is soul winning the 5k award- it was my utmost desire then. I appreciate everyone who made it possible!!

I appreciate your mentions Mr soul, even in my absence. Soar like an eagle. you are going places.

welcome back! you're a wonderful person and its a privilege to have you here smiley

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Bleeze2: 12:23pm On Aug 29, 2018
You are doing a great work bro

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by rowdymind(m): 12:54pm On Aug 29, 2018
...And Finally The Red Letters...
Mehn It Was Unbelievable Buh Ryan Did It, Rest In Potopoto You Bloody Shadow!!! (spits)

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by bimberry1307(f): 1:18pm On Aug 29, 2018
can't wait to read what's in that goddamn letter. Thanks souloho19.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by WAACUT(m): 1:30pm On Aug 29, 2018
Thumbs up man...... U are the bomb

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Ann2012(f): 2:25pm On Aug 29, 2018
Thanks for the update Souloho19

Though it's too short, we're expecting another one grin

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by IAmkingoludav(m): 2:32pm On Aug 29, 2018
[color=#000099][/color] I wee nat talk atleast nat yet

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Evold: 2:52pm On Aug 29, 2018
souloho19:
The last update is quite short....hopefully I'll be completing it later today once I finish reading the red letters....tnx for sticking around, Jah bless!
Hahaha so you don't know the content of the red letters also. After you my dear Alphonse.....

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by explosive04(m): 7:04pm On Aug 29, 2018
I must be the first person 2 read that letter...ride on sir

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by phoenixchap: 7:05pm On Aug 29, 2018
Soul ehn, I just dey vex plenty for you right now. U nor call me say food is served and the gist self still come short after all the wait...

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 29, 2018
souloho19 please open the letter and read it loud and give bigie one chill bottle of maltex... please mention me in the next update...

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 29, 2018
Souloho19, you're amazing.Thanks for the update and mention.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by paqman: 10:28pm On Aug 29, 2018
we are anxious to no what is in the Red letter

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Preciousbouy(m): 10:39pm On Aug 29, 2018
oh where is my....... chaiiiii soul come and continue o

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Princiology(m): 10:50pm On Aug 29, 2018
A peaceful village is attacked by a troop of soldiers from another kingdom. The annihilation of the men and male children throws the whole village into monumental despondence. How can a village survive without any man? This imbroglio is created when the women affirm they will not leave their land in solidarity to their husband. To worsen matters, no one, from any other village, is willing to come to their land. The gods are silent; the women are troubled. But then, a solution is found.
Find out how the women of Isokan survived such a turbulent and desolate time as this, in this suspenseful, romance-filled, touching, revealing, brilliant and magnificent novel! THINGS FORM AGAIN!

Download here - https://okadabooks.com/book/about/things_form_again_a_village_of_no_man/20093

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Silensa(m): 7:23am On Aug 30, 2018
souloho19:

Thanks but no thanks Soul.

Why the sudden change? We did everything together before the red letter showed up, now u want to read it alone. Not cool man, better invite me before I kidnap Emma personally.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (100) (Reply)

SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada / Behind Her Veil / NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.