Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,057 members, 7,814,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

The Hole In The Wall - Literature (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Hole In The Wall (435122 Views)

The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea / A Short Story - The Wall Between- Haruna Shukurat / lovely new series to read: The Wall Betweeen by Shukura Haruna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 3:46am On Oct 04, 2018
Oh ye of little faith....well I don't know about you guys but over here in Wakanda it's just evening grin
KpakoGIN I see you bro!
Re: The Hole In The Wall by rchilee: 3:50am On Oct 04, 2018
souloho19:
Oh ye of little faith....well I don't know about you guys but over here in Wakanda it's just evening grin
KpakoGIN I see you bro!

Means I am there too. ..by the way, give us an update

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 4:28am On Oct 04, 2018
dedicated to
Riele IamKingoludav Ann2012 Eberechi24 favouritetega ladysunshine toyean1507 phoenixchap mitchelljnr igyeseh mekonglobal Silensa cerowo stevodot22 Chisiudeh shekinah190 kaycee9242 rchilee mimilight arrestdarrester iamloyalty excelmerry Evold dview001 pToretto rayvelez raingirl coolie10 MhisTahrah explosive04 Helenbee WHOcarex princessadeola crazy oluwaseunliz queenitee cylovee Boffinjay rapfrick okeyben10 EkopsparoAyara khennykhay pinkfeet Honeydawealth charminee ifemism02 paafin KpakoGIN rowdymind...

:::::::::::::::

We left the women in the room crooning over Emma and went downstairs to the car park. Clyde was grateful to finally be out of the hospital and I couldn't begrudge him for wanting a breath of fresh air. I was genuinely grateful with him for sticking by Olivia and guarding her room in the darkest hour. He was a good agent and I made up my mind he was going to get a big raise. He certainly deserved it. He got into the car and settled with Cynthia's driver and before long I could see him dozing off.

"so Rex what are the steps you've taken to bring the criminal to justice?" major Paul asked me as we hung round Cynthia's car. I didn't even know the make of the car, it looked like a limo (in length) and at the same time looked like a range (in height). There was definitely money in politics.

The major handed me a canned beer but I shook my head. I was still very much high on the euphoria that came with reuniting my wife and daughter. Adding a can of beer to that might just be too much too soon.

Gone are the days when I used to cancel bottles of ammunition like it was water. Now I was strictly a social drinker and to be honest I still hardly drank. Maybe cause I was drunk in love. Olivia no doubt had locked up my heart and thrown the keys away. I couldn't imagine-

"come on boy.... Don't tell me you still do this your nonsense" my dad's impatient voice dragged me back to the here and now and I blinked "what....what nonsense?"

"this your spacing out of conversations every time" he said crossly

Maybe if I was white I would have blushed. But my skin was too black for that so I just smiled, a little embarrassed and looked at my in-law "sorry you said...."

"this kidnapper.... What plans are you making to ensure he's brought to justice?"

"actually it's a woman"

"a woman!" Cynthia's husband was shocked

"yes....apparently she blames me for the death of........of her....errm....girlfriend and wanted to hurt me but still wanted to force me to kill some people...." I trailed off. That was still sensitive information and even though this was family, I couldn't afford to burden any of them with the weight of the truth. Not yet anyway. At least very soon it will be in print, in millions of newspapers countrywide. But till then....

But I had already stirred their curiosity. Cynthia's husband who had forced me to call him just 'Sam' even though he was almost 20 years older looked at me with interest "to kill?" he said "kill who.... Which people?"

"I know right! It seems ever since that widows initiative affair everybody thinks I'm some kind of deadly assassin" I was an expert when it came to dodging questions and I totally ignored the 'which people' part he asked.

"just imagine....and to think that she drugged everyone...even the little kids" Paul shook his head and shuddered. I knew what he was thinking; what if his three little children had been overdosed and continued sleeping into oblivion....?

The thought alone made me shudder and I found myself stretching out for the beer he had offered earlier.

"do you have any leads on this woman...? such a dangerous woman can not be allowed to go free" Sam said worriedly

I agreed totally "she won't....the priority right now is family and safety but I assure you BROTA will not rest until she is brought to book"

"but I still can't understand this woman....she didn't ask for money or anything....i mean one would think she was after part of that million dollar grant the government awarded to you guys two years ago to catch that assassin fellow"

I shook my head "nope. She wasn't after any money at all...although I must admit what she was after led us to some kind of crazy discovery"

"what discovery?" Paul asked

"let's just say a lot of oppression has been going on in this country" I replied

"like what....at least give us a hint..we're family, come on!" Sam urged

"don't worry senator, we'll be reading about it soon" my dad said and gave me a conspiratorial wink. I could tell he felt like some kind of spy privileged to have Intel others didn't and I had to smile even though I wasn't comfortable with the 'reading' reference he had made.
We talked about it some more then talked about our women upstairs in the hospital. Paul joked on how Utebo had called him at his barracks crying frantically and telling him Emma had been found "at that point I was confused, cause I didn't even know she had been taken in the first place!" we all laughed in good faith, thankful that every one was safe.

"in my own case I was dressing up for an interview with soul fm. God knows they have been calling me for the past one month and today was finally the day we had fixed. Only for Cynthia to rush into the room and tell me we needed to fly down here.... I had to call the oap and reschedule and believe me he was really upset....but like Rex would say, family first" we all laughed some more then Sam brought out his phone "excuse me, I have to make a call"

He walked a little distance away and we watched him in amusement
"politicians" my dad said with a jovial shake of the head "wasn't he the one talking about family just now but he can't make a call in front of family"
We laughed some more. It was good to laugh again so freely.

I turned around and tapped the bonnet of the car and Clyde opened the door. "sir?"

"my good man, I can see you're dozing in there...take a rest, go lodge somewhere and sleep well...charge it all on the agency.... I'll get Jimoh to book you a flight back to Lagos latest by tomorrow"

"no problem boss, but I still think I'll wait a while" he said and I nodded. Unlike Buzz this young man was loyal. And like Don Corleone would say; loyalty was everything.

Sam returned and smiled "where were we....ehen this discovery the kidnapper led you too...."

My dad interrupted him "my boy..." (to my dad, as long as you were his son in law, you were his boy, even if you were the president) "forget that one.....what is happening to your club lately"

"honestly sir the matter just weak me down to my soul...now adays I prefer watching paint dry than to watch them play" he said with feigned sadness

"hahaha, at least last season was draw soup, this season you people have lost appetite completely" Paul said and we all burst into laughter.

(I know I don't have to mention the club in question..... It should be very clear already cheesy)

::::::::
"honey we really should let you sleep...all this noise would give you a headache" Cynthia said to Olivia

"ah....nooo....i need the noise please, the past three days have been painfully quiet for me....and I'm tired of sleeping, honestly" Olivia smiled.

The nurse had been able to adjust the bed so she was in a semi sitting position. Emma was cradled in her arms and fast asleep with a priceless smile on her lips.

"so the lady that attacked isn't Rex's ex?" she asked Tonye

"no.... It turns out she was the ex to the ex" Tonye replied, thinking that was the most tentative way she could put it.

"wait a minute, Tonye..... Fome was..... She was a......i mean she did..... Wasn't she..... Do you mean....." Martha Obasi could frame her thoughts in a thousand ways and the complete sentence still wouldn't find its way past her lips. She was old fashioned like her husband and such things were a taboo and almost unthinkable.
"these are end times indeed" she muttered to herself and drew the sign of the cross. Despite herself Olivia smiled. She just loved her mother in law so, so much.

They watched the twin boys and Soma fiddle with their father's phone which he had courageously left with them, after setting up an animated video for them to watch and locking the touch screen.

A comfortable silence settled in the room as Olivia gazed lovingly at her niece and nephews and at her daughter in her hands, Martha gazed into space, no doubt thinking about the sexual orientation of her son's ex fiance. Kirsten was in her corner buried into her phone with earplugs on. But she was actually buried deep into the report she had first compiled for Tonye about everything concerning the shadow. Something had struck her memory, she was almost certain she was wrong but just maybe she wasn't. She had to dig through the 400+ pages of her research but she couldn't deny the feeling there was something familiar with one of Rex's brother in law although if was probably a false alarm..
Utebo on the other hand was at the window looking out.
"men!" she exclaimed suddenly
"what what is it?" Olivia asked
"Utee what happened?" her mother asked
"look at them downstairs drinking beer and laughing" she said with a half laugh
Tonye laughed "my sister....when they're sad they drink, when they're happy they drink, angry they drink, bored and excited they still drink!"
The women had their own laugh at the men's expense.

:::::::::::::
Prison is a place that truly reforms lives, and if it doesn't reform you, at least it would change a couple of things about you. Case en point; hard thugs and tough goons who previously were all about violence and women went to prison and became engrossed in literature and lost themselves in books they wouldn't have ever been caught dead reading previously when freedom was theirs. But incarceration makes one to appreciate the little things in life. And any form of curricula activity in the pen is fully grabbed because it offers some kind of release from the painful reality of prisoned life and at the same time keeps the soul of the prisoner grounded so he doesn't loose touch with reality.

For chief Amunike he had found a favourite past time in watching reality shows. He was successfully keeping up with the Kardashians, following love and hip hop back to back and a host of others. He loved it. And to think in his former life his 70 inch television only alternated between aljazeera and Supersport..

He was currently stretched back on the recliner watching an episode of his favourite 'Bachelorette' show with a half empty bottle of jack Daniel's at his side when his phone rang. "this Ellen of a girl is a fool, I just know she's going to choose Tobias...his six packs have blinded her eye....yeye dey smell" he laughed to himself as he watched a pretty lady on the screen struggle to make a choice out of three equally good looking young men. The phone rang again and he sneered. He grudgingly got up and snatched the phone from the wall receiver "what?"
"sir you have a call from your son.... He says it's very-"
"patch him through" he snapped
Two seconds later Emenike's voice came over the line. "hello dad"
"what is it son....you know I always tell you not to call here carelessly... I'm very busy"
"dad.....i.... I bleeped up dad..."

All this while chief Amunike had one eye glued to the TV screen, now he grabbed the remote and switched it off "what have you done?"

"the key..... Rex Obasi came for it.... He was going to kill me...."
"wait, hold up.... Which key?"
"the....the one to the red letters"
"are you MAD! Do you know what you've done?"
"he was going to kill me...."
"then you die....its better than what they would do to you if-"
"Adaobi was around.... I just had to act fast....everything happened so fast"

His daughter's name was like a tranquilizer dart. He lost his steam immediately. He pressed his eyes tiredly "oh God....this is not happening....look here you stupid weakling.....listen up real good, if you want to live....the only hope for you is to leave this country fast..... I have a contact in the embassy that can get you papers to Mexico... You go there and lay fucking low....the hole doesn't play games.... Are you hearing me? "

:::::::::::::::
Helen Koker lived in the last flat in a 5 story building.

Andy stood in the car park unsure if he should just go up, even if she had texted the address to him he still didn't feel comfortable enough to just go up and knock on her door.
Finally he brought out his phone and called her. She picked on the first ring "hello?"
"hello, Helen... I'm downstairs"
"okay....come on up" damn....she had a voice that was like silk.
She came to the veranda and waved him up and he started up the stairs feeling stirrings in his chest that had been dead for two years.

She opened the gate and welcomed him in. Evening was fast approaching and the fluorescent lights in the house were on and illuminated the small apartment.

"this is a nice place you got here" he looked around slowly. "it's like you love the colour green" he commented.
The drapes, the couch and a section of the rug were all different shades of green.

"I love it... It started as a little girl, I was always in green house in all my schools...and I changed schools a lot cause we moved around, my dad was always getting transfered" she explained

"oh..." he finally dragged his eyes from the apartment and focused on the owner. She was still as beautiful as he remembered that morning, even more so. He was pleased to get a whiff of her perfume plus notice the light touch of make up she had done. For him.

They stood looking at each other and Andy couldn't help it "you're really beautiful"
She smiled "thank you..." she looked at him a second longer as though she was about to say something then she cleared her throat "ehem...okay the work.... Lets get to work.... I have a lot of it outlined but I'll need a research partner....a lot of events that happened over the years seemed to have originated from instructions in these letters... And there are some vague instructions which also link to some kind of terrible disaster in the past, although most of it is kind of vague.... We need to work on them all.... I have the outline already... " she stopped suddenly then smiled slightly flushed "sorry, I tend to ramble on when it comes to work... Would you like anything to drink?"

Andy smiled" no I'm good for now.... "

::::::::::::
His name was big foot and he was a foot soldier and like his name suggested he had big feet. Really large feet.
His instruction from Flacko Fikayo, a honourable356 member of the hole had been clear:

From First minister:
GUEST- Helen Koker
TICKET - Big bang
VENUE - 18a Kernel close, Liverpool road, Apapa
DATE - immediately
RSVP - Nissan sunny, dark green, plate number: Efk-42k3y

Big foot was an explosives expert. Bombs of any nature was a second nature to him and so when the ticket to heaven had been given as 'big bang' the job was his automatically. If it had been Maybe 'vip' or 'masked party' probably the shadow or any other contractor would have been given the job, although there was a certain rumor that the invisible shadow had met his end. Whatever, the hole had creative ways of getting the message across and 'big bang' was the ticket the that would get the reporter lady to heaven or hell, whichever one he didn't care. His job was to plant the bomb in her car.

A vehicle-borne improvised explosive device (vbied) is simply a car bomb. It was also one of his personal favourites. Gone are the days artists such as himself would have to go through the stress of breaking into the car and wiring the bomb to the ignition so that once the key was turned it was Bang! And yes he was an artist.... It required art and finesse to do what he did....when one miss step could end your life. If that wasn't art he didn't know what else was.

Now all he had to do was fix it magnetically to the underside of the car on the driver's side.

The fun part with this method was that it was all about pressure. The driver could open the car in such a way that the bomb would go off and she's blown to bits before even getting in, or she could bounce on the seat roughly and boom! Or even step on the brakes suddenly and it was goodbye....in other words the detonator was the driver herself and she wouldn't have any idea. Now that was hilarious to big foot. Very funny indeed.
The key to the detonation was in a small tube known as the tilt fuse. One end of the tube was filled with mercury while the other end was wired to the open circuit of the electrical firing system to the bomb. The idea was for the pressure and motion of the car to cause the mercury to flow to the other end and close of the circuit. And big foot was very confident in the pot holes of Lagos to cause a very bumpy ride. He was sure the bumpy terrain was going to cause the mercury to flow and complete the circuit, thus allowing the bomb to go off.

Big bang!

He fixed the magnetized device to the under of the car and the little red light came on.

To be continued...

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Kaycee9242(m): 6:42am On Oct 04, 2018
Wow!! Finally souloho has dropped d bomb. Tanx a lot bro. I pray dt Andy saves his life and dt of d reporter

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 04, 2018
This big bang umm,1000 ways to die choose 1,nice update as usual

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Jenkvnq: 9:41am On Oct 04, 2018
KING OF LITERATURE.......
#babasoul
Hope andy saves' her

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by bimberry1307(f): 11:05am On Oct 04, 2018
Oh God please save the report for Andy...

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by KpagoGIN(m): 11:14am On Oct 04, 2018
bimberry1307:
Oh God please save the report for Andy...
Somebody needs' to just die, this is an action movie/play only high profiled stake being the shadow can not just die and Andy's camp seems to have only recorded just one death @souloho19 am with you throw in some emotional twist all action being looking too controlled to favour "BORAT" we all know if na Nigeria this play is trying to mimic everybody for "BORAT" for have DIED finish by now.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by gabi98(m): 11:20am On Oct 04, 2018
This big foot is frightening. Nice piece souloho

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by dimssy(m): 11:44am On Oct 04, 2018
How come I feel Cynthia's husband is part of the hole....

Nice work Souloho19

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Evold: 1:57pm On Oct 04, 2018
Major Paul is a suspected member of the hole. Welcome big foot

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by IAmkingoludav(m): 2:06pm On Oct 04, 2018
Andy na bad luck kwa

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Ann2012(f): 5:41pm On Oct 04, 2018
This Hole sha angry

Thanks for the update OP

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Eberechi24(f): 8:29pm On Oct 04, 2018
Soul, in whatever you do keep Andy my love safe o embarassed

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by heemah(f): 8:56pm On Oct 04, 2018
I have a feeling Cynthia's husband, Sam is part of The Hole.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by mitchelljnr(m): 9:01pm On Oct 04, 2018
Normal of Souloho19 wanting to play with our heads, he wants us to think as follows:
Koker and Andy will die or Andy will watch another lady he loves die or Andy will save Koker from stupid foot.

I hope one of my thoughts will come to be.

More ink to your pen sir.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by cerowo(f): 3:53am On Oct 05, 2018
please spare koker life oo tnks for d mention keep it coming@ souloho19

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by pweetygiftofGod(f): 6:18am On Oct 05, 2018
You see that Brother-in-law, I'm suspecting him to be a spy/mole in there

Souloho19 Please spare Ms. Koker's life

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by queenitee(f): 2:51pm On Oct 05, 2018
Thank you oo. I don't trust this uncle Soma at all, but again it might just be uncle Paul.

Don't kill miss Koker o, don't spoil our darling Andy's life.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by queenbetsy(f): 3:32pm On Oct 05, 2018
Shey this Andy is mumu ni??
He should've learnt from the previous encounter with that lab girl

Radarada!

Ride on sweet Souloho19 kiss

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by explosive04(m): 4:24pm On Oct 05, 2018
seriously am scared o.....

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by samwobi(m): 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2018
Wonderful, That Bomb Will Not Explode.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by phoenixchap: 8:40pm On Oct 05, 2018
Juicy as usual.... This senator(Sam) is so getting his ass whooped and sorry big foot Helen koker is covered by BROTA so it's a no go area I see him failing badly, I hope Olivia gets back on her feet soon enough to join in the fight. A big bottle of stout to that Kirsten abeg I need a wifey like that bikonu...
thumbs up my man Souloho but let the updates drop as usual na please

3 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Riele(f): 9:21pm On Oct 05, 2018
Interesting update

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by EkopSparoAyara(m): 11:49pm On Oct 05, 2018
Sam has been painted as the First Minister...
That's how Souloho deceived us that Eminike is dead.... I won't swallow this one..
The Shadow is yet to be ID, suspenseful...
Big Foot, I like the name already, welcome on board...
Helen Koker, it is well even inside the well...
BRAVO SOULOHO..

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Teehsticckz(m): 11:19am On Oct 06, 2018
Big foot's plan's gonna fail...Sam is a suspected member of the hole, Kirsten might probably be the one that'll leak his secret...Or there might be another member of the hole in the family..Nice update Boss..

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Opeade939(f): 11:40am On Oct 06, 2018
Koker- Kolewerk.... Babasoul..... May God Bless You For This Amazing Story.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by stevodot22(m): 12:39pm On Oct 06, 2018
This is getting more interesting, I'm really scared for this reporter, her low level of confidentiality is going to put her into trouble. I pray the BROTA come to her rescue. Well-done boss my grace to function. Thanks for the dedication.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by honourable356(m): 2:23pm On Oct 06, 2018
This is...
Inbuilt.. Inborn... Talent... Creativity... Art...
Above all an Unquestionable gift from the Almighty...
Your time of manifestation is here. Soon the world would recognize you.
Soar on!!!

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by arrestdarrester: 10:04pm On Oct 06, 2018
Bigfoot... Big Bang... BROTA...

The Hole has never been this wounded. They are moving at breakneck speed to salvage whatever is left of their honor. You've got to feel for whoever stands in their way.

I'm not disappointed Souloho19. You've learned the art of suspense. You've become a master at it.

I just have this funny feeling though that some of your readers will come after you when what is to follow begins to hurt those that have become emotionally attached

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hole In The Wall by okeyben10: 10:31pm On Oct 06, 2018
I guess that call by Sam ignited big foot's big bang ticket

Andy beta represent well.
will b too shameful if gets beat up again like in that doctor's office.

thanks for d update man

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by EkopSparoAyara(m): 9:18pm On Oct 07, 2018
Just so you all know, Souloho COULD be the The First Minister... LEMME GOAN SMOKE......... GARRI

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (100) (Reply)

Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms / A Man To Call Her Own / SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.