Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,074 members, 7,953,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:30 PM

The Hole In The Wall - Literature (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Hole In The Wall (442433 Views)

The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea / A Short Story - The Wall Between- Haruna Shukurat / lovely new series to read: The Wall Betweeen by Shukura Haruna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Eberechi24(f): 10:02am On Oct 08, 2018
Soul, if you kill Helen and break Andy emotionally aswear you and I will die here. Lol

seriously, pity Andy small. He has suffered enough without a partner. Give him a moment to enjoy life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Asek1(m): 11:36am On Oct 08, 2018
Hmmmm
something about that Sam of a Man smells fishy

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Preciousbouy(m): 3:47pm On Oct 08, 2018
come bia soul if anything happens to any of them ehn we go enter one shokoto..... thumbs up bro

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by paulohgirlie(f): 11:38pm On Oct 08, 2018
EkopSparoAyara:
Just so you all know, Souloho COULD be the The First Minister...
LEMME GOAN SMOKE......... GARRI
grin grin grin cheesy grin tongue

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by EkopSparoAyara(m): 12:06am On Oct 10, 2018
paulohgirlie:

grin grin grin cheesy grin tongue

Ayam nt trusting that man oo... He can do the undo-able(if there's a word like that)

2 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by paafin(m): 6:36pm On Oct 11, 2018
Can someone just wake this man up, please?? Or need I do it myself??

SSSSSOOOOOUUUUULLLLLOOOOOHHHHHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by abiderx: 8:29pm On Oct 11, 2018
rchilee:

Means I am there too. ..by the way, give us an update
Re: The Hole In The Wall by phoenixchap: 11:37am On Oct 14, 2018
Souloho o pls come and continue pls... Na beg the BROTA are ready to be a big brother

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by WHOcarex: 9:16pm On Oct 15, 2018
smiley

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Oluwaseunliz(f): 9:28pm On Oct 15, 2018
Oga Souloho, where are you?

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Kaycee9242(m): 1:32am On Oct 16, 2018
Souloho ooooooo!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by nkemdave(m): 2:22pm On Oct 16, 2018
I'm just loving this story the more.......Can't wait for the next update.

Thumps up Man!

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by donkelz(m): 3:26pm On Oct 16, 2018
Good afternoon everyone. Please bear with our brother, he's got to tidy up a manuscript for a publisher. Let everyone be patient, the mind can be stressed beyond exhaustion. Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by MarianIsy(f): 5:55pm On Oct 17, 2018
BOMB??!!! And I was excepting some kind of kung fu action with Andy...His name big foot suits d character

A mechanic will come for that car...lemme b giving myself hope

2 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by EkopSparoAyara(m): 11:09pm On Oct 18, 2018
donkelz:
Good afternoon everyone. Please bear with our brother, he's got to tidy up a manuscript for a publisher. Let everyone be patient, the mind can be stressed beyond exhaustion. Thanks!

Okay... Please wish him well for me...

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Riele(f): 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2018
Nice update .

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by rowdymind(m): 8:28am On Oct 21, 2018
Souloho19 Take Your Time, We Await You Delivery Patiently,,

MIND
Re: The Hole In The Wall by donteanz(m): 3:29pm On Oct 21, 2018
Forgive My Long Absence. Street No Gree Laf This Days. Souloho19 Still Remains The Boss In His Very Own Right. Flourish Bro
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 22, 2018
something is tell me that another real SHADOW is till out there...

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 22, 2018
Souloho19, please coman update o.
I wish this story will never end.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 12:38pm On Oct 23, 2018
My people, thanks for your patience. Jah bless
Donkelz I sight you, thanks brother.
Aminatope247 longest time, leave your shell for a little while and say hello

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by HelenBee(f): 12:59pm On Oct 23, 2018
Souloho19 take your time man,just that you'll bribe us with a lengthy update. Taink you!

4 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 1:20pm On Oct 23, 2018
Dedicated to

Kaycee9242 faspen jenkvng bimberry1307 KpakoGIN gabi98 diss Evold IAmkingoludav Ann2012 Eberechi24 heemah mitchelljnr mekonglobal igyeseh cerowo pweetygiftofGod queenitee qyeenbetsy explosive04 samwobi Phoenixchap Riele EkopsparoAyara Teehsticckz Opeade939 stevodot22 honourable356 arrestdarrester okeyben10 asek1 preciousbouy paulohgirlie paafin abiderx WHOcarex Oluwaseunliz nkemdace Donkelz Marianlsy rowdymind Donteanz cylovee MhisTahrah Helenbee charminee silvertrinity..

:::::::::::::::

Bigelow found the young widow sitting on the steps and staring at his brother's door, although the distant look in her eyes convinced him she hadn't really been looking at the door.

He climbed the stairs slowly, feeling the fatigue drain away to be replaced by a fresh feeling of pain. Pain for this pretty woman and pain for his brother, pain because they had both been robbed off a second chance at love.
She didn't turn her head to look at him until he was at the top of the stairs, then he noticed she was crying and he also noticed the little boy at her side who also had wet eyes.
It had to be the infamous Arinze, the young boy who would always ring his brother's bell and run away.

They had been Tom's family. His brother had spoken about the widow and her son with deep emotion and he had been taken from them, killed!
Ryan Bigelow had been consumed with guilt and grief and anger but now that he had killed the shadow, the fact remained that his brother was still dead. And it was still his fault.

Noiselessly he sat on the stairs, a step lower and joined mother and child in staring yet not staring at the door.
After a while he felt a weight on his Shoulder and was shocked to see Arinze, the serial bell ringer lean on his shoulder. Despite the young boy's pranks, he had loved his brother and despite Tom's threats he had clearly had an affection for the young lad.

Bigelow gently patted the boy's head, offering the little comfort he could give, then he felt another weight on his other shoulder. The young widow who always baked cookies for his brother and had no doubt been romantically involved with him also rested her head on his shoulder. At the moment he was the anchor they badly needed and vice versa, because although he had managed to function normally since his brother's death, he had been floating around aimlessly ever since fulfilling his revenge which had been his life's purpose since the moment he knelt over his dying brother. But now, now at least he felt a little gravitational pull towards earth.

:::::::::::::
I scratched my head and considered the suggestion my brother in law had just made. It all started when the sun disappeared and night began to show its intention of showing up. There was no way I was leaving Olivia's side and I also knew Emma would go into a fit if she woke up and did not see her mother but she also couldn't stay in the hospital.

Also my mother, sisters, nephews and niece all didn't look happy about leaving Olivia.

"but we can't all stay in the hospital now" I objected weakly. The truth was, seeing my family members in hospitals always stirred memories from two years ago, when we were practically jumping from hotel to hotel and hospital to hospital. With either, me or Andy in the sick bed. Talk about delayed diagnosis indeed.

But then Sam made a suggestion; "why don't we have her moved to the house. I can get the best doctor around and all the equipments needed to complete her medication. She will also be more comfortable and recuperate better"

We deliberated on it for a while, all the women were definitely for the motion and even my father and Paul were in support. It seems I was the only one having second thoughts but I was actually thinking of the house and the psycholoical effect it will have on Olivia, if any.
And the major weight of the decision rested on my shoulders. I mean come on, this was my wife we were talking about here. I didn't joke with my wife.
But my philosophy had always been family. And I knew that now more than ever we all needed to be with each other. Not just Olivia but the little children. They had gone through a lot and they really needed to see and believe that the storm was over and things were back to normal.
So I nodded "it sounds like a good idea.."

"good, let me go make arrangements with the doctor." Sam headed for the door

"I'll come with you" my dad announced and jumped up from where he had been dozing off in the corner. As usual he had drank more than one beer downstairs and probably needed to shake off the lingering effects via motion.

"honey I think we should start preparing then" Paul said to his wife and he and Utebo carried their children who had fallen asleep on the second bed to the car downstairs.
"let me help" Cynthia offered and she carried little Soma while the parents carried the twins.

I watched them leave then smiled at my mother who smiled back at me "everything is okay Rex" she assured me as she looked lovingly at Emma who was cradled in her arms deep in dreamland.

I nodded then turned my attention to my wife. She was asleep now and I can't tell you how happy I felt to see the peaceful look and faint smile on her lips. I promised myself that never again. Never again would she have to pass through that kind of pain. I was going to make -
"Rex, a word?"
I turned to see Tonye and Kirsten standing, looking at me with unreadable expressions. Kirsten looked tired. I mean if the bags under her eyes got checked in at the airport, it would probably be over the required weight.

"sure" I followed them out of the room, thinking about the bonus package Buzz and Kirsten were going to be awarded with. I had a generous soul and they were going to feel the brunt of it.

We got to the hallway and I looked from one woman to the other "what's up?"

Tonye looked at Kirsten. It seemed her assistant had been the one to request the meeting "go ahead Kirsten, what is it?"

The young woman needed no further prodding "well sir, your friend Sam was able to get a face recognition software to me last week when I started compiling the report and it brought thousands of hits where the real shadow had previously been sighted, some were smoke, others were look alikes while some were genuine."

She handed me her phone. "This particular picture was uploaded on Instagram on the 16th of July last year by a woman named Donnia Makelele, user name Doniatherealbaddest. Her picture came up because of the background..." she pointed with her finger and I observed the photograph.

Two young women were in what had to be a restaurant, plates of mouthwatering delicacies were spread out on the table and both ladies smiled at the camera. I could see a young man beside one of them although his body had been cropped out and I guessed they were on a double date and the second guy was the one who took the picture. The girls looked alike and were probably sisters. It reminded me of the double dates me and Fome used to have with Andy and Mona. I shook my head and followed Kristen's fingers as she pointed to the background.
Three men sat at a table behind the smiling sisters. A three seat table, meaning one was facing the camera albeit unknowingly, one was backing the camera while the third offered only his side view.
The man facing the camera had been about drinking from a bottle of water the moment the camera shuttle had clicked, freezing his movements in pixels and forever storing it in the abyss that was cyber space but it was very clear he was the one the facial recognition software had latched on to. From his bald head to his large ears, this was clearly the shadow, either Taiye or Kehinde, shadow or real shadow, which ever one, he was definitely one of them.
But Kristen's index finger was on the second man, the one with the side view. He had been dabbing his mouth with a paper napkin so even the side profile was incomplete but still, I could see the reason Kirsten had called me out.
He had an uncanny resemblance to my brother in law.

::::::::::::::

Ever since the death or murder of Fidel MacGyver aka counselor Mark or The Counselor, Fikkayo Flacko had been responsible for filtering orders from the first minister to the unlimited resource of foot soldiers and henchmen. The orders no doubt came from Sir Holly himself. Sir Holly was revered. He was a wise sage, a man so powerful, his influence almost seemed divine. He was the god of every member of the hole. Whatever he said was final.
Flacko had put the team together after he had contacted big foot for the big bang mission. The Hole had been stung and everyone was definitely going to pay with their lives. Especially the useless Rex Obasi and his band of miscreants. Flacko idly wondered what the first minister was going to do when Sir Holly gave the order which he was definitely going to do. There was no double standard, anyone with any affiliation to the Obasi name or the BROTA agency, either by blood, marriage or whatever else was going to be wiped out the face of the earth. However sir Holly was yet to give the order but when he did, the first minister was definitely going to comply. There was no two ways about it. Maybe only his wife and son would be safe from the purge (that was the code name of the yet to be launched operation) and even that would only be because of the affection Sir Holly had for the first minister. But then again Sir Holly could be ruthless..
Well, whatever happened the purge wasn't happening tonight. Tonight was for operations 'big bang' and 'bring the light.'

Flacko squinted at his phone as he read the instructions he had typed. Satisfied he hit send.

:::::::::::::::::
Emenike may not have inherited his father's devious intelligence or the fierce will to build, maintain and expand a drug, arms and human trafficking ring for more than two decades but he was still his father's son after all.
The moment he ended the call and received his instructions, he breezed through the house, carrying just a bag with a few clothes. With shaky hands he keyed in the four digit combination in the wall safe in his room and selected two wads of hundred dollar bills then he went through his half a dozen passports and finally made his selection.
Right now his name was Ovakpor Oyidikambe.
He grabbed his bag and his phone, the contact he was to reach for his visa to Mexico was in the phone. He ran outside to his car, past his dogs as they barked in their cages for his attention. He didn't have their time. He was in a race to stay alive.

He hadn't really understood the depth of the hole and to be honest might never had learnt about it if it hadn't been for the faithful night his father had instructed him to get the red letters safely out of the house when the smell of gas had become too strong to be ignored. After the explosion, in the safety of the government owned SUV, his father had only taken one look at the tampered envelope and looked at him.

Emenike's curiosity had revealed things he had no business knowing, to him.

When his father got locked up after the initiative fiasco, he had handed the key to him with the instruction that only he (the chief) could ever give the order to move the letters or hand it to anybody. Emenike had bypassed that order two nights ago and given the key to Rex Obasi. Now he had to get out of the country or he was a dead man.
And although Emenike's life might not be much, he still had a lot of drugs, booze and women to live for.

Bridge was a fitness trainer. She had met him two months ago in the gym and they had hit it off immediately. He was well over 6 feet, ridiculously fit and ridiculously cute as well. He had the most dreamy eyes and she loved looking into them. Even now as they sat in the car she looked into his eyes and smiled. The last time she had felt like this, Rex Obasi had cut the feelings at the bud before it could blossom to anything deeper, then he had gone ahead to turn her life upside down and get her parents locked up.

She didn't necessarily begrudge him for that, she was still appalled by the crimes her parents had committed. What she did begrudge him for however was the fact that he had turned her down and used her as a chess move that faithful night, almost getting her killed in the process.

But all that was gone. Bridge, like his name implied had bridged whatever crack her heart had suffered. It was all water under the bridge now.
She learned in and kissed him as he started the car. "I enjoyed dinner very much, thank you"

He smiled and looked at her slyly "I'm still hungry, there's something else I'll like to eat if you know what I mean" he winked at her and she blushed as the anticipation shot through her however she said "there's plenty of time for that later, let's stop by my brother's house. No more excuses I think it's time you two met since we're getting really serious"

Bridge scratched his head in thought "babe, today? Let's make it tomorrow"

"no now...that's what you've been saying for the past two weeks, why don't you want to meet my family? Am I not important to you?"

"of course you are...okay let's go, I love you"

She beamed at him "I love you too"

Two years ago, thinking she was heading for a tryst, Ada had been at the wrong place at the wrong time.
And now history was about to repeat itself.

Operation `bring the light' consisted of four men, all in the dark blue jumpsuit of the electrical company of Nigeria.

Their mode of operation for tonight was to gain entry into the compound, either through the ruse that the meter from the office indicated a faulty wire leading to false readings which was too dangerous they had to correct it immediately. It didn't matter that it was almost 8pm. And if it came down to it, force would be applied to gain entrance to the house because the men were hardened murderers. Whatever happened, Emenike's body was going to be discovered in his jacuzzi, with a naked wire enjoying the bubbles with him. He was going to be fried.
Up nepa!
Operation bring the light.

::::::::::::::
Andy and Helen completely lost track of the time. They spent hours spread on the floor with papers scattered about, two laptops connected to the internet with an engaged Google search box on every tab that was open. And they were a lot of open tabs.

They talked as they worked, at first about each other, their past lives and experiences, then about the hole and the numerous activities that had happened in the past which had left people shocked at one point or another and even made them wonder the kind of country they were living in.

And now to find out everything had been plotted and influenced by a small group of people who were so powerful that they were invisible to the law.

"this is a life changing article" Koker looked at him and stretched "why me?"

They were sitting on the floor, surrounded by the papers. 90% of the research had been finished. What remained now was the body of the article itself which was going to link everything together. Koker had said the word count was going to be so much, it would probably take up half the newspaper.

He looked at her and smiled "you once wrote a very mean article about our agency. Rex never threw the paper away, I think he read it and reread it so many times that your name from the byline was stuck in his head"

"ouch" she laughed a little nervously "it was that bad wasn't it?"

Andy nodded and smiled "really."

"I knew it was bad journalism but a part of me just wanted to get back at you guys for refusing to so much as give me a statement or an interview eveeytime I called." She looked at him "talk about unprofessionalism."

He laughed "don't beat yourself up about it, I'm actually glad you wrote it, at least it brought me to you"

she smiled "but there are thousands of other journalists you would have met if I hadn't written that...."

"that's not what I meant" Andy said softly

She looked at him and their gaze held. Something flickered in her eyes and Andy decided to go for it. He leaned in for the kill but she drew back before their lips could meet.

"what...what are you doing?"

Andy blinked. He had actually closed his eyes. He felt greatly embarrassed and he struggled to his feet, a mass of jittery, awkward nerves "errm...I'm sorry, maybe it's just being so close to you and looking at the computer screen for so long that got my brain fuzzy. I better get going..."

She laughed and his embarrassment grew. He hardly tried to hit on women because he was hardly successful. Mona had been a rare success and he had never intended to search for someone else but life had dealt him the harshest cards.

But then Helen Koker held his hand and stopped laughing. She smiled instead and tugged his hand so he could help her up.
"you're cute. Why don't you stay for dinner? I can whip up spaghetti really fast.."

"ermm....maybe another..." his eyes widened as she put her index finger to his lips
"shhhh...i won't take no for an answer"

Andy didn't know how it happened. One minute he was staring into the most vibrant eyes he had ever seen, the next he was kissing the softest lips ever and the next they were sinking to the ground, peeling their clothes the way an impatient child peels the wrapper off candy.

And outside, under the car the red light continued to blink.

To be continued...

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 1:21pm On Oct 23, 2018
HelenBee:
Souloho19 take your time man,just that you'll bribe us with a lengthy update. Taink you!

I've dropped the bribe grin

2 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by nkemdave(m): 1:30pm On Oct 23, 2018
I smell something bad happening.

Nice work bruv

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by do4luv14(m): 2:10pm On Oct 23, 2018
souloho19:

you don't drop the bribe abi , good say my name no dey die, oya said must hear dis

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Eberechi24(f): 2:59pm On Oct 23, 2018
Aww, biglow, the widow and serial bell ringer really melt my heart. i wish them happy life. We need someone who really cares and complete us. There is one person who fills the void in us.

I love what is happening between andy and Helen.
Paul is not clean afteall

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Ann2012(f): 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2018
Thanks for the update Boss

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Kaycee9242(m): 4:16pm On Oct 23, 2018
Well done souloho

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by mitchelljnr(m): 4:26pm On Oct 23, 2018
This update is too small for my waiting, but it's worth it. Thanks for the mention souloho19

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by HelenBee(f): 5:49pm On Oct 23, 2018
souloho19:

Gracias

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hole In The Wall by ashiko9(m): 6:26pm On Oct 23, 2018
tongue[color=#770077][/color] Please Soul come and continue, am following your story just like Kenya was following Nigeria eagles in world cup lol,

BROTA in deep shit i guess

I am Ashiko secret admirer to Kirsten

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (100) (Reply)

SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada / Behind Her Veil / NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.