Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Which Do You Consider Most Controversial For Discussion - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Which Do You Consider Most Controversial For Discussion (1371 Views)

Which Among These Politicians Would You Consider Most Talkative? / How Much Do You Consider Broke? / Which 3 parts of your body would you consider most important? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Do You Consider Most Controversial For Discussion by whiteshark(m): 11:57am On Dec 28, 2005
I took time out to read through some of the posts made on many treads in the forum and I noticed that the treads that have more posts are usually those that center on politics, religion, sex or money and this has prompted me to ask this question. Which topic do you consider more volatile and controvertial for discussion and why do you think so
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Controversial For Discussion by snazzydawn(f): 1:09pm On Dec 28, 2005
methinks the most controversial topic is on religion!!!
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Controversial For Discussion by whiteshark(m): 1:27pm On Dec 28, 2005
and why do you choose that?
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Controversial For Discussion by Seun(m): 2:33pm On Dec 28, 2005
Because Religion is the only topic in which people are taught to believe that they are right and others are wrong. In most other fields, people are open to others' opinions but in religion the act of accepting another person's religion would be known as backsliding. Blind acceptance of a religious belief and refusal to accept other opinions? That's 'faith'!
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Controversial For Discussion by Greatpeter(m): 2:38pm On Dec 28, 2005
Yeah i think it's religion, people never agree on any issue, it's being controversy galore.
this is because we belong to different churches, denominations and we have not thesame doctrine.
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Controversial For Discussion by layi(m): 8:50pm On Dec 28, 2005
Religion = church. Hell NO! U cant juxtapose them.

controversy don start already!
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Controversial For Discussion by brick(m): 2:46am On Dec 29, 2005
Seun:

Because Religion is the only topic in which people atre thought to believe that they are right and others are wrong.
it also involes building your convictions on a gurantee-of-afterlife
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Controversial For Discussion by damygurl(f): 6:08am On Dec 29, 2005
it sorta depends on d person. i don't argue about religion anymore and even if d person got a diff view i try my best to let it go but when it cums to politics i'm not that into it but the different times i've talked about it with peeps we end up arguing because i don't agree with them. In politics peeps got different views on how it should be done, and what the right thing is.
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Controversial For Discussion by Rolly: 7:47am On Dec 29, 2005
i would choose religion and sex

this is because most people have their different ideas and opinions about these topics. when i say opinions, i mean strong opinions and they would want to talk about it, although these opinions might sound absurd to some people, some others might actually get something from it . so.....
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Controversial For Discussion by whiteshark(m): 1:27pm On Dec 29, 2005
But you guy have to realize that as much as religion brings controversy, issues bothering on politics and money also take front role in the scheme of things.

Take the recent happening in the last WTO meetings with all the riots and all. ==money

Check out the the heat in the middle east==politics

what about the issues threating to split the Anglican church==sex

I really need your views here folks
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Controversial For Discussion by Seun(m): 3:21pm On Dec 30, 2005
The WTO issue is not money, it's politics. Yes, politics can be contentious but at least it is open to debate. Religion, on the other hand, encourages blind belief in concepts that have no proof.
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Controversial For Discussion by whiteshark(m): 12:15am On Jan 03, 2006
But you will agree with me that outside politics, it also concerns money as in who gets what and how much goes to who?

Religion as controversial as it is may not be a heated debate as sex when you consider issues like gay marraiges and homosexualism and all that. It might not be heated like issues concerning places like Gaza strip and the palestine problems.
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Controversial For Discussion by AbbeyMarie(f): 11:36pm On Jan 08, 2006
Religion, because people believe things, and those don't nessisarily have proof. So the entire time you are mainly arguing on theriories, thougths, ideas. And when you do have any sort of proof, it can be interpritated in litterly zillions of different ways. People within their own religion argue on different things, thats why we have different denominations in the religion of Christianity. Everything usually goes back to religion anyway, because your religion is your frame of referense in which you veiw the world.
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Controversial For Discussion by hotangel2(f): 8:17am On Jan 09, 2006
Religion.

Just start something like Jesus is not the son of God, he's the son of mary. And you'll see babanla controversial posts. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Who Is From Enugu Here? / Mr.crackles Na Moderator? / First Man To Fly Like A Bird with Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.