Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) (47948 Views)

Mohammed Atiku Abubakar Shares His Coronavirus Experience / Ezekwesili To Buhari: The World Is Watching Your Violation Of Sowore’s Rights / Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by czaratwork: 2:11am On Mar 04, 2018
yeye thread. so if he is watching another film how we go know. meanwhile even if it is the film he is watching nko? wetin consign us with that one?
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by Adebowale89(m): 2:54am On Mar 04, 2018
no wonder the UN still regard us as under developing nation for a decade now, we are still on that title till date

trump was controversial, never hide his racism prior to election, he was blunt and bold and he still won America election but in our own side here our politicians we rather be frying akara at the road side or eating with pupils, no blue print of their governance for public to review before electing them, some days close to election you will be seeing obiano chicken, fayose rice, ganduje popcorn and the utter slowpoke Nigerians would still vote for them

truly leaders ain't the problem of Nigeria but Nigerians who are so dumb to differentiate what's right from wrong despite their self gratification aberration of being called giant of Africa

now atiku that didn't contribute to Nigeria during his tenure with obj is now turning himself to daddy of million babies, na black panther be the justification of good leadership foolish youths?
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by Teobaba(m): 3:17am On Mar 04, 2018
If he likes let him sleep in the movie's house he can never and will never rule Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by Juliusdking(m): 4:39am On Mar 04, 2018
Make ways for 2019
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by ivanalimi: 5:03am On Mar 04, 2018
chloride6:

Completely senseless movie, the level of technological development is still variance with it's political development. You are the most developed country in the world but you pick your king by fighting?

I don't think any technological advancement in a country should erase the culture and tradition of its pple. even if we are as advanced as the u.s today, u think d Fulani pple will still not be flogging a potential groom with horsewhip to prove he is strong enough to marry his bride? that's just an example though
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by Adeagbo77: 5:11am On Mar 04, 2018
It's a pity Nigerians might make another mistake. All because someone came to watch movie and paid for their tickets, they have started endorsing him for president. Is that how cheap we are in Naija? Let's wise up and vote for intelligent, selfless and fearless leaders who will liberate us from the shackles of "the cabal". Is that how Atiku goes to the cinema before this time? Even, if he does, does that make him a better candidate for a Nigeria president? We can't afford to make another mistake again, if we want Nigeria to stay.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by dimeji1(m): 5:16am On Mar 04, 2018
franchasng:
The truth is, Atiku is not clean when it comes to handling finance during his time as VP, and no politician has ever been. But one good quality I like about Atiku is his kind heart...he may be a bad person, but he is kindhearted.

Now let's compare that to Buhari. Buhari maybe claiming to be a saint and using others to loot and launder money so as to avoid being seen as corrupt, but my brother, one quality Buhari has that makes him bad as a leader is WICKEDNESS!

Buhari is very wicked and vindictive. Buhari never forgives. Buhari is arrogant and prideful.

And God hates prideful people. If you want to attract Gods anger in your life, be prideful and arrogant.

This is why despite the fact that he managed to become president of Nigeria, things has never gone well with his government, instead Nigeria has been in total shambles since 2015.

When a wicked man rules a nation, the people suffer!

When a good man rules a nation, the people rejoice!

Good leadership is not just about using army and security to chase your enemies around in the name of fighting corruption, being kind and fair to all the people u are ruling is even a more honorable quality that will attract growth and God's favour into your government as a leader.

In summary, Atiku is far better than Buhari....if Atiku and Buhari are our only option, Nigerians pls choose Atiku, he maybe bad, but he sure has better leadership qualities than the wicked man in power now.

Noted. I would prefer Buhari if there is no other option because I can't wait for another 8years for power to return to South. The north are playing their game very well.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by AnodaIT(m): 5:52am On Mar 04, 2018
HeyCorleone:
Nigerians and unnecessary self service.

If he likes let him watch Black Panther or White Python, it doesn't in anyway speak about his willingness to perform.

And it's quite deplorable to see people selling their votes because of his mere presence. In fact those who sell their votes for Rice and Groundnut oil are better than them. So because he was once a VP he can't come to the cinemas again? Why are we acting like Zeus left Mount Olympus to come and dine with peasants.

It's very sad that people have sold their conscience for mere movie tickets. Not as if they didn't have the money.

Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by GambaOsaka: 5:57am On Mar 04, 2018
franchasng:
The truth is, Atiku is not clean when it comes to handling finance during his time as VP, and no politician has ever been. But one good quality I like about Atiku is his kind heart...he may be a bad person, but he is kindhearted.

Now let's compare that to Buhari. Buhari maybe claiming to be a saint and using others to loot and launder money so as to avoid being seen as corrupt, but my brother, one quality Buhari has that makes him bad as a leader is WICKEDNESS!

Buhari is very wicked and vindictive. Buhari never forgives. Buhari is arrogant and prideful.

And God hates prideful people. If you want to attract Gods anger in your life, be prideful and arrogant.

This is why despite the fact that he managed to become president of Nigeria, things has never gone well with his government, instead Nigeria has been in total shambles since 2015.

Good leadership is not just about using army and security to chase your enemies around in the name of fighting corruption, being kind and fair to all the people u are ruling is even a more honorable quality that will attract growth and God's favour into your government as a leader.

In summary, Atiku is far better than Buhari....if Atiku and Buhari are our only option, Nigerians pls choose Atiku, he maybe bad, but he sure has better leadership qualities than the wicked man in power now.

You agree that Atiku is bad, but "less bad" - (sorry for my grammar) than buhari, yet you are begging us to choose him. You and your cohorts have failed. Neither of them will be voted. #buharitoduara, #saynotoatiku
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by Nobody: 6:01am On Mar 04, 2018
Sokoflow:

See eh, nobody holy pass according to 2face. It is better for one to show his/her true colour than being a pretender like Buhari. This comes to mind when he told Nigerians than he doesn't have money to purchase the presidential ticket form prior before the 2015 general election. Atiku is no saint but his leadership qualities speak volume going by the successful businesses he owns. Unlike Buhari what single business has he ran to a multinational level since he left as a former Head of State? None if you ask me except i don't know. I don't even know what Buhari's ideology or ideologies is? Well, maybe it is wickedness, lack of forgiving spirit, pride and what are view. For me we have tried Buhari and he has failed us, let try something else and if Nigerians feel or believe Atiku is that new thing. So be it!

I quite agree wit u Atiku has brain. His brain is functional nd ke looks lik one that can innovate unlike Buhari whose brain s dead, and can not innovate neither can he even read.
My problem wit almost all Nigerian politicians especially those that ve been at d helm of affairs b4 is their stealing habit. A corrupt politician will find it hard to fight corruption.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by Nobody: 6:05am On Mar 04, 2018
evanso6226:

In true Nigerian style, Atiku’s presence at Silverbird to see "Black Panther" has sparked debate on Twitter.

Guess who showed up at Silverbird, Jabi Mall, Abuja to see "Black Panther"?
Former Vice President of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar, is currently at the watching the movie.

He also paid for everyone who had come to watch the movie.

Twitter user, @ClintonViceB, said: "@ClintonViceB, “So @atiku came to the movies Today and bought Tickets for everybody. Commendable.”

In true Nigerian style, Atiku’s presence at Silverbird to see "Black Panther" has sparked debate on Twitter.

Many have described the VP's presence at the cinema as an act that shows he is a man of the people.

See some comments below:

According to a twitter user, @favourdesimhi, “This is no surprise to me for I know him to be a kind hearted man. He will make a better president in 2019.”

Another user, @Frankkyboi, said its because of election. But @GabrielEtenika maintained “It’s not about elections, doing good is part of him.”

Another user, @pfdesimhi, simply submitted thus, “2019 my vote is reserved for @atiku for he strikes a chord in my heart he will make a good president.”

For @BendelJounal, “Whatever you do in this life people will always talk. @atiku is on point. I love this man to the moon and back. He is our next president for he is by far better than Buhari.”

For @PerformOrResign, “@atiku is that leader that can relate with the youth and knows what they need Atiku all the way.”

"Black Panther"
According to Rotten Tomatoes, Black Panther is officially the best-reviewed superhero movies of all time and we have to agree.

The movie which was Marvel's first film directed by an African-American has raked in an estimated $192 million in North America alone, this weekend.

If you wondering what that means, it means that 'Black Panther' is the fifth biggest opening of all time.

The movie starring Chadwick Boseman and Michael B. Jordan broke multiple box office records too, stealing the record for the largest opening for an African-American director.

Before now, F. Gary Gray and "The Fate of the Furious" led this category after it opened to $98 million in April 2017.

According to Disney, the movie is estimated to bring in $218 million domestically. So far, the film has brought in an opening of $361 million around the world.

"Black Panther" also stole the record for an opening in February, which belonged to "Deadpool," the 20th Century Fox, R-rated superhero film that brought in $132 million when it opened in February 2016.

CNN reports that it is the second biggest opening for a Marvel Studios film, after 2012's "The Avengers," pushing past other huge hits like "Avengers: Age of Ultron," "Captain America: Civil War" and "Iron Man 3."

It is also the studio's 18th straight number one opening.

This is an all time high for Hollywood, and with "Black Panther" reaching box office heights that other African-American titles have been unable to achieve, the film's total could cause a change in the industry by encouraging diversity both behind and in front of the camera.

source http://www.clintgist.com/former-vp-atiku-abubakar-is-watching-black-panther-right-now/

CC: lalasticlala

Atiku is 66 times better than dullarkpo
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by Nobody: 6:06am On Mar 04, 2018
Eaa247:

I quite agree wit u Atiku has brain. His brain is functional nd ke looks lik one that can innovate unlike Buhari whose brain s dead, and can not innovate neither can he even read.
My problem wit almost all Nigerian politicians especially those that ve been at d helm of affairs b4 is their stealing habit. A corrupt politician will find it hard to fight corruption.
Our problem isn't corruption.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by kabrudrapist: 6:09am On Mar 04, 2018
Good.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by aroskyBaba(m): 6:17am On Mar 04, 2018
Who is to be trusted?..Nigerians should wake up from slumber..infact I don't see or know anyone among our present or past politicians that feels our pain,frustration,anger..but i think atiku could be considered than this buhari,if we have no other candidate..during is tenure with obasanjo things where not has bad as it is now..NOTE power still belongs to the north..who is better among them?.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by jayson87: 6:29am On Mar 04, 2018
Biodun1929:

lol! Not only did he defeat black panther, he beat him like a small boy.
Thank you my brother, Despite all the trainings he has been receiving as a local warrior, someone from US that has been fighting with only guns appears from nowhere to beat black panther the f'up. That movie is so overrated. The action is not sweet at all

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by Nobody: 6:30am On Mar 04, 2018
Funny han
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by jayson87: 6:32am On Mar 04, 2018
ultimateballer:

I’ll bet you have never seen the movie. Smh
If I haven't seen the movie, how did I know lazy fighter black panther was beating the f'up by someone who has never been to wakanda all his life
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by jayson87: 6:34am On Mar 04, 2018
sexybaby22:

I am not even freaked about the movie cuz I don't see anything special the black panther does compared to other super heroes.

Am sure Bat man will beat the black panther self.
Bat man too much for him, set him up with robin
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by Highbhee(m): 6:39am On Mar 04, 2018
Young03:
He can't deceive me

enough is enough

buhari did more when he was drinking cowbell milk of 20# sachet

Mad Crew....

They all think they can fool Us twice... grin
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by psyqs(m): 6:48am On Mar 04, 2018
Young03:
He can't deceive me
enough is enough
It was 20# then, not now
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by Badmus20(m): 6:57am On Mar 04, 2018
And so ?
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by dFroshie(m): 7:03am On Mar 04, 2018
jayson87:
Black panther is so overrated. the black panther sef na lazy fighter. the tale is so funny, someone who has been in us all along, suddenly appers in wakanda and beats up the best fighter in the city, so thoughtless and senseless

God will bless you bro for this i was arguing the same thing with some folks but they came for my head

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by EmekaBlue(m): 7:04am On Mar 04, 2018
Which day white panther dey comot?! undecided

Yeye dey smell
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by Biodun1929(m): 7:15am On Mar 04, 2018
jayson87:
Thank you my brother, Despite all the trainings he has been receiving as a local warrior, someone from US that has been fighting with only guns appears from nowhere to beat black panther the f'up. That movie is so overrated. The action is not sweet at all

True.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by JMOB(m): 7:22am On Mar 04, 2018
Election is coming...politicians are acting as comedians....funny
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 04, 2018
jayson87:
Black panther is so overrated. the black panther sef na lazy fighter. the tale is so funny, someone who has been in us all along, suddenly appers in wakanda and beats up the best fighter in the city, so thoughtless and senseless
He is not the Best fighter in Wakanda, He only became the best after he was given that juice during coronation rites. The Black panther power was stripped off him so as to enable he and Kill monger have a fair fight.
Kill monger on the Other hand is way stronger and fights better than T'challa without the strength of the Black Panther.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 04, 2018
jayson87:
If I haven't seen the movie, how did I know lazy fighter black panther was beating the f'up by someone who has never been to wakanda all his life
You don't become Black Panther until you drink the Elixir.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by Kingbusssy(m): 7:57am On Mar 04, 2018
Young03:
He can't deceive me
enough is enough

Laff in Chinese He even drank cow's milk sef
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by plerry: 8:08am On Mar 04, 2018
I believe those who come to the position of power on the platform of change always fail to live up to expectation..atiku is watching black panther, yes we care about it because representation is important, haven't we all seen where someone got a life changing idea from a movie heck many of us would have had first class in school if audio visual learning was incorporated for us...wakanda is a representation of what Africa can be or would be if our leaders were good and not money sucking leeches, real life imitates art, we saw flying cars skyscraper, robots, self lacing shoes, electric cars in movies before anyone made a breakthrough on them in real life, what is to say atiku can't get the idea to make Nigeria great and learn from watching a movie about leadership, resource control, architecture, bettering the life of the citizenry,
I know there has to be something good about him if obasanjo the dreaded ebora owu and Ibrahim babangida wouldn't endorse him...for all I know I would Rather vote for someone who understands the navigation of economics, run successful businesses, has the interest of people at heart and rather than use calamity like Fulani killings and kidnapping to campaign for change has refrained from doing so, running for restructuring and hasn't silenced the masses for one who wouldn't even read one book on how to better Nigeria... if I was a billionaire yes I would have a private screening of movies too, am sure sharing it with the people might be seen as campaigning but I don't see many of us being invited to the ajimobi ganduje wedding or enjoyed proper health care, buy a luxury motorcycle like Yusuf or for a while now like what we are seeing in Nigeria...
we deserve better
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by nnamdiosu(m): 8:22am On Mar 04, 2018
Don't be deceived... They are all the same. All of them
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by coconuthead(m): 8:47am On Mar 04, 2018
franchasng:

The success of a nation does not depend on the kindheartedness of the leader. Nations succeed when there are clearly thought out and evidenced based economic policy. So far neither PMB nor Atuku has shown this. Therefore, they are both not what we need. Again, youth should stop preferring a lesser evil. We must aim for the star. I believe there are younger people out there who have what it takes to lead.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Watching "Black Panther" (Photos) by sokera: 8:52am On Mar 04, 2018
franchasng:

I will vote Atiku only on one condition, and the condition is if only Atiku can come to America to campaign we Nigerians in America want to meet him to discuss issues with him ....���

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo Geared Up For A Football Match (pic) / FG: Anyone Found Without A Face Mask Will Be Prosecuted / Explosion Rocks ECWA Church In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.