Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,164 members, 7,838,980 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 (15154 Views)

Rescheduled Elections Could Encounter Setback In 13 States / 13 States Attract N1.9tn Investments In Three Months / List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 04, 2018
Cooly100:

...but Owerri, Awka and Enugu are not developing...?

Ogbeni leave matter...
u never made any sense in this thread, what are u saying
Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Cooly100: 11:42am On Mar 04, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
u never made any sense in this thread, what are u saying

Read your post where you got the response. May be it will make sense...As you may have derailed...

3 Likes

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 04, 2018
Cooly100:

Read your post where you got the response. May be it will make sense...As you may have derailed...
I read it so where did I say those places u mentioned aren’t developing
Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 04, 2018
Cooly100:

Try and leave your brown roof in Abeokuta and visit Owerri or Awka...for instance...
lol u are a joke
Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 04, 2018
Cooly100:

Dense cunny brain...You think you de do me...You are doing yourself...

Why didn't the governors of Oyo, do the same in Ibadan which is the real capital of western region?

If Lagos was left to the Yorubas as Ibadan was left to them...It would have been another Ibadan.

FACT!!!!
but Lagos is left to the Yoruba so I don’t get ur point. Who controls the affairs of Lagos. When Ibadan was under the hands of Yoruba in the western region then it had little competition

1 Like

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Cooly100: 11:48am On Mar 04, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
lol u are a joke

I see, you skipped this... as one would jump through an explosive mine...

ENUGU made history on Wednesday, as the only Nigerian city among thirty five cities from across the globe invited to join the 100 Resilient Cities Network (100RC) pioneered by The Rockefeller Foundation, New York.

The announcement was made during The Rockefeller Foundation’s Urban Resilience Summit in Singapore. The other three African cities that made the list alongside the Coal City of Enugu are Kigali (Rwanda), Accra (Ghana) and Arusha (Tanzania)...

http://thenationonlineng.net/enugu-makes-history-joins-worlds-100-resilient-cities/

4 Likes

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 04, 2018
Cooly100:

I see, you skipped this... as one would jump through an explosive mine...

ENUGU made history on Wednesday, as the only Nigerian city among thirty five cities from across the globe invited to join the 100 Resilient Cities Network (100RC) pioneered by The Rockefeller Foundation, New York.

The announcement was made during The Rockefeller Foundation’s Urban Resilience Summit in Singapore. The other three African cities that made the list alongside the Coal City of Enugu are Kigali (Rwanda), Accra (Ghana) and Arusha (Tanzania)...

http://thenationonlineng.net/enugu-makes-history-joins-worlds-100-resilient-cities/
so what does this prove do u know the meaning of “resilience”
Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by princetom1(m): 11:51am On Mar 04, 2018
Education... Zero
Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by ODVanguard: 11:53am On Mar 04, 2018
Cooly100:

All these una pie and bar chart no de tally with what is on the ground...

Please pray-tell 'what is on ground'? Could it be any of the following? Coz I would like to know?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Cooly100: 11:56am On Mar 04, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
but Lagos is left to the Yoruba so I don’t get ur point. Who controls the affairs of Lagos. When Ibadan was under the hands of Yoruba in the western region then it had little competition

Are all the commisioners in Lagos, NASS members Yorubas?

Was Italy/Rome not better than US/Washington at some point in history? What of today.

I am done with this conversation...

All I am saying is that the devlopment of Lagos is FG driven and not any Yoruba stuff as you guys are claiming...otherwise you would have replicated same in Ibadan.

Let the FG share it resources like giving each region say $1 billion, so they can develop as they want...and not just pouring resources only to the north and SW...and later the SW people will claim all those were their sweat. Is this clear?

5 Likes

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by ODVanguard: 11:58am On Mar 04, 2018
pazienza:

I think this your argument has become circular, and currently leading to repetition of points I had already tackled.

Lagos is self sustaining today, Yes! All thanks to the perks it enjoyed as the colonial administrative quarters and FCT.
Abuja could yet become self sustaining tomorrow.

Ibadan is not ranked by resident city international. Either way, it's just a modest town. And we know why.

As it was to the rest of Lagos state, benefiting from proximity to the seat of power in island, so it's becoming for Ogun.

We had all elucidated on this before.

This argument, I'm afraid had run its full course.
You have no new compelling points to offer.

And oh, this your Euromonitor stat thing, I know it's your usual distraction tactics.
But for those who want to discuss on that topic, it was done here :https://www.nairaland.com/3294626/abuja-ibadan-port-harcourt-make-euromonitor/5#up

Yinmu. Dude, don't even flatter yourself coz my intention was never to convince you nor influence your line of thought to begin with, but rather to expose your ignorance, lest it be accepted as fact by the less informed. undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Cooly100: 12:01pm On Mar 04, 2018
ODVanguard:

Please pray-tell 'what is on ground'? Could it be any of the following? Coz I would like to know?

These few...

UNICEF

According to her, statistics showed that 37 per cent of children representing over six million are malnourished.
She disclosed that the 17.2 million figure represents 43.6 per cent of an estimated 40 million Nigerian children under the age of five years, adding that 19.4 per cent children in the South-west are stunted resulting from malnourishment.
“This is worse than the South-east and South-south but better than the North. And we must do more as agenda setters to keep this issue on national discourse and help reverse the ugly trend,” she said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/02/27/17-2m-nigerian-children-suffer-from-stunted-growth-unicef-says/

Over 1.5m stunted children in South-West, Edo – UNICEF
According to her, an estimated 17 million or 43.6 per cent of children in Nigeria under the age of five have their bodies and minds limited by stunting.

She pointed out that in the South-West, Ogun has the highest incidence with 26.1 per cent or 277,462 children.
http://dailypost.ng/2018/02/27/1-5m-stunted-children-south-west-edo-unicef/

Ibadan can be a great place to live and work. It isn’t the dirtiest city in Nigeria anymore and that is very sure. At the moment, I estimate we collect 60 percent of the waste generated in Ibadan while the remaining 40 percent gets thrown into rivers and canals or get burnt...(Paul O’Callaghan is the Chief Executive Officer of WestAfrica ENRG, the company responsible for waste management in Oyo and Lagos states)
http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/ibadan-not-dirtiest-city-anymore-ocallaghan/

Regarding open defecation, the highest proportion (8.8%) was found in the North Central zone,
followed by the South West (6.5%) and then North East (4.3%) zones. By contrast, a lower percentage
was recorded in the South East (3.8%) and the lowest in the North West (3.6%). The likely reason for
higher prevalence of open defection in the North Central and South West zones is that their forest
vegetation provides more room for the practice, unlike the grassland vegetation in the North West
where the practice is the least used. Although, South East zone has more dense vegetation but has
lower prevalence of open defecation than the North East, suggesting an influence of other factors
such as education and wealth.

Article
Access to Sanitation Facilities among
Nigerian Households: Determinants and
Sustainability Implications
Ismaila Rimi Abubakar
College of Architecture and Planning, University of Dammam, P.O. Box 2397, Dammam 31451, Saudi Arabia;
irabubakar@uod.edu.sa; Tel.: +966-536-755-650
Academic Editor: Marc A. Rosen
Received: 20 February 2017; Accepted: 31 March 2017; Published: 5 April 2017

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Ttipsy(f): 12:02pm On Mar 04, 2018
I'm enjoying the thread, the arguments and insults
wow well done guys
Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 04, 2018
Cooly100:

Are all the commisioners in Lagos, NASS members Yorubas?

Was Italy/Rome not better than US/Washington at some point in history? What of today.

I am done with this conversation...

All I am saying is that the devlopment of Lagos is FG driven and not any Yoruba stuff as you guys are claiming...otherwise you would have replicated same in Ibadan.

Let the FG share it resources like giving each region say $1 billion, so they can develop as they want...and not just pouring resources only to the north and SW...and later the SW people will claim all those were their sweat. Is this clear?

what is fg doing in Lagos that it is not doing in other region let’s start from there. And quit bad mouthing Ibadan it only suffered due to bad government it was competing very well with Lagos city where there fg was under the western region and its improving daily today, and Ogun State is also competing with Lagos too which is also yoruba. List the commissioners and Nass of Lagos and let’s see maybe ibo are the people there or the”fg”.

4 Likes

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 04, 2018
Cooly100:

These few...

UNICEF

According to her, statistics showed that 37 per cent of children representing over six million are malnourished.
She disclosed that the 17.2 million figure represents 43.6 per cent of an estimated 40 million Nigerian children under the age of five years, adding that 19.4 per cent children in the South-west are stunted resulting from malnourishment.
“This is worse than the South-east and South-south but better than the North. And we must do more as agenda setters to keep this issue on national discourse and help reverse the ugly trend,” she said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/02/27/17-2m-nigerian-children-suffer-from-stunted-growth-unicef-says/

Over 1.5m stunted children in South-West, Edo – UNICEF
According to her, an estimated 17 million or 43.6 per cent of children in Nigeria under the age of five have their bodies and minds limited by stunting.

She pointed out that in the South-West, Ogun has the highest incidence with 26.1 per cent or 277,462 children.
http://dailypost.ng/2018/02/27/1-5m-stunted-children-south-west-edo-unicef/

Ibadan can be a great place to live and work. It isn’t the dirtiest city in Nigeria anymore and that is very sure. At the moment, I estimate we collect 60 percent of the waste generated in Ibadan while the remaining 40 percent gets thrown into rivers and canals or get burnt...(Paul O’Callaghan is the Chief Executive Officer of WestAfrica ENRG, the company responsible for waste management in Oyo and Lagos states)
http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/ibadan-not-dirtiest-city-anymore-ocallaghan/

Regarding open defecation, the highest proportion (8.8%) was found in the North Central zone,
followed by the South West (6.5%) and then North East (4.3%) zones. By contrast, a lower percentage
was recorded in the South East (3.8%) and the lowest in the North West (3.6%). The likely reason for
higher prevalence of open defection in the North Central and South West zones is that their forest
vegetation provides more room for the practice, unlike the grassland vegetation in the North West
where the practice is the least used. Although, South East zone has more dense vegetation but has
lower prevalence of open defecation than the North East, suggesting an influence of other factors
such as education and wealth.

Article
Access to Sanitation Facilities among
Nigerian Households: Determinants and
Sustainability Implications
Ismaila Rimi Abubakar
College of Architecture and Planning, University of Dammam, P.O. Box 2397, Dammam 31451, Saudi Arabia;
irabubakar@uod.edu.sa; Tel.: +966-536-755-650
Academic Editor: Marc A. Rosen
Received: 20 February 2017; Accepted: 31 March 2017; Published: 5 April 2017

u keep bringing up irrelevant point about what does open defecation has to do with anything when south east also recorded 3.8 % with mostly indeginious population compare to sw 6.8 with other tribes present in south west. And about the unicef studies i will like to find out how the ibo girl came up with the % she mentioned in the sw but it still doesn’t cancel the economic development recorded in sw

2 Likes

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Cooly100: 12:08pm On Mar 04, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
what is fg doing in Lagos that it is not doing in other region let’s start from there. And quit bad mouthing Ibadan it only suffered due to bad government it was competing very well with Lagos city where there fg was under the western region and its improving daily today, and Ogun State is also competing with Lagos too which is also yoruba. List the commissioners and Nass of Lagos and let’s see maybe ibo are the people there or the”fg”.

Start with this one...

This is worth more than N2 trillion with today's price....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Cooly100: 12:09pm On Mar 04, 2018
Then this one...Worth up to 1 trillion with today's market...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by horsepower101: 12:11pm On Mar 04, 2018
Porto novo and Ibadan is there for all to see. Yoruba incompetence at display

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Cooly100: 12:11pm On Mar 04, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
u keep bringing up irrelevant point about what does open defecation has to do with anything when south east also recorded 3.8 % with mostly indeginious population compare to sw 6.8 with other tribes present in south west. And about the unicef studies i will like to find out how the ibo girl came up with the % she mentioned in the sw but it still doesn’t cancel the economic development recorded in sw

Cry me a river...

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 04, 2018
horsepower101:
Porto novo and Ibadan is there for all to see. Yoruba incompetence at display
can u compare Porto novo in a poor country in Benin to any south east state why not mention Ogun State another Yoruba success growing daily and Ibadan still dwarf ur south east state with the growing economic development happening there. But what of Enugu and abia whose incompetence is that

2 Likes

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by ODVanguard: 12:15pm On Mar 04, 2018
Cooly100:

What of this one...Was it also done by Ooni in Singapore...mention one city in SW that was so honored...mind you Kigali and Accra are nations capital ciites...

Lmao! You are a mumu I swear. lol. iPob and their Akpu sense sef. Listen up, Enugu APPLIED to the Rockerfeller foundation to be included as a 'resilient city'. cheesy cheesy grin grin In other words, Enugu state government were the ones that approached Rockerfellar foundation that they would like to be considered as a 'resilient city'. They met the foundation's criteria and were listed among that year's list. It's an annual program sponsored by the Rockerfellar foundation. Lagos also applied not long ago as well and got accepted as a 'resilient city'. grin cheesy I'm willing to bet my left ballz grin that if the likes of Uyo, Calabar, Oshogbo, PH, Jalingo, et al also applied, they will most likely be christened 'resilient' as well, so abeg what's the big deal

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 04, 2018
Cooly100:

Cry me a river...
painment every economic index in Nigeria show sw leading with Lagos first and Ogun second soon oyo will be third then u guys will finally jump into lagoon like Akiolu suggested

3 Likes

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Cooly100: 12:16pm On Mar 04, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
can u compare Porto novo in a poor country in Benin to any south east state why not mention Ogun State another Yoruba success growing daily and Ibadan still dwarf ur south east state with the growing economic development happening there. But what of Enugu and abia whose incompetence is that

You should be busy answering the important question you asked about FG investment in Lasgidi more than any other region...

BRB...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 04, 2018
Cooly100:

Start with this one...

This is worth more than N2 trillion with today's price....
what of niger bridge in the east and others too I ask again what development does the west get that east doesn’t

3 Likes

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 04, 2018
Cooly100:

You should be busy answering the important question you asked about FG investment in Lasgidi more than any other region...

BRB...
I said what investment is done in the west not done in the east is it road what.
Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Cooly100: 12:21pm On Mar 04, 2018
ODVanguard:

Lmao! You are a mumu I swear. lol. iPob and their Akpu sense sef. Listen up, Enugu APPLIED to the Rockerfeller foundation to be included as a 'resilient city'. cheesy cheesy grin grin In other words, Enugu state government were the ones that approached Rockerfellar foundation that they would like to be considered as a 'resilient city'. They met the foundation's criteria and were listed among that year's list. It's an annual program sponsored by the Rockerfellar foundation. Lagos also applied not long ago as well and got accepted as a 'resilient city'. grin cheesy I'm willing to bet my left ballz grin that if the likes of Uyo, Calabar, Oshogbo, PH, Jalingo, and the likes also applied, they will most likely be christened 'resilient' as well, so abeg what's the big deal

Your left baltlz will crush if they try...

Coal City is exceptional...Ask Ambode, Kemi and OBJ who were there recently...Enugu has the smallest budget...but the city is beautufil...I tell you...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 04, 2018
Cooly100:

Your left baltlz will crush if they try...

Coal City is exceptional...Ask Ambode, Kemi and OBJ who were there recently...Enugu has the smallest budget...but the city is beautufil...I tell you...
u deflect from one point to another with no particular bone of contention. U posted about Enugu resilience to prove a certain point to counter wat a previous poster posted if am not wrong but the guy lectured u on with the resiliency means and u are saying another bullshit again

2 Likes

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Cooly100: 12:58pm On Mar 04, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
u deflect from one point to another with no particular bone of contention. U posted about Enugu resilience to prove a certain point to counter wat a previous poster posted if am not wrong but the guy lectured u on with the resiliency means and u are saying another bullshit again

Which useless lecture? Tell me.

The one who doesn't know his left from right...
Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Cooly100: 12:59pm On Mar 04, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
what of niger bridge in the east and others too I ask again what development does the west get that east doesn’t

I have posted two examples...Are you blind not to see them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kogi Election: Natasha Akpoti Says She Will Be The First Female Gov. In Nigeria / Jerome Pasquier: Nigeria Not Doing Enough To End Insecurity / Court Stops DSS, Police, CCB From Investigating Mahmood Yakubu Over Asset

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.