Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 (15130 Views)

Rescheduled Elections Could Encounter Setback In 13 States / 13 States Attract N1.9tn Investments In Three Months / List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by deji17: 4:07am On Mar 04, 2018
Thirteen states, including the Federal Capital Territory, attracted the sum of $5.3bn (N1.9tn) investments in the last quarter of 2017

By Ifeanyi Onuba

Thirteen states, including the Federal Capital Territory, attracted the sum of $5.3bn (N1.9tn) investments in the last quarter of 2017
investigation by our correspondent revealed on Friday.
The investments made in 22 different sectors of the economy from October to December 2017, it was gathered, were the fallout of the new initiatives of government particularly in the area of ease of doing business.

Based on the government’s official statistics, the FCT attracted the highest investment inflow with the sum of $2.68bn.
This is about 49 per cent of the entire investment inflow into the country during the three-month period.
Lagos State followed closely with $2.54bn investment, representing 47.2 per cent of the total investments into the country.
Akwa Ibom recorded an investment inflow of $124.84m; Ogun, $8.79m; Oyo, $7.03m; Delta, $5.69m; and Anambra, $3.77m.
Similarly, Enugu attracted a total investment of $644,890; Kogi, $500,000; Kano, $483,970; Bauchi, $425,000; Rivers, $384,817; and Kaduna, $89,975.
The sectors where the $5.3bn was invested are agriculture, $62.65m; banking, $543.37m; brewing, $2.3m; construction, $92.7m; consultancy, $2.06m; drilling, $0.3m; and electrical, $5.1m.
Others are financing, $122.68m; fishing, $99.4m; information Technology, $8.45m; marketing, $0.48m; oil and gas, $23.83m; production, $317.8m; and servicing, $216.45m.
The rest are hotels, $0.3m; telecoms, $191.01m; tanning, $0.52m; trading, $12.96m; transport, $0.55m; and shares, $3.68bn.

The Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, said the huge amount, which the Federal Government was spending on infrastructure projects across the country was attracting fresh investments into the country.
She said this when a delegation of about 20 investors visited him at the headquarters of the ministry to discuss investment opportunities in Nigeria.
Adeosun told the delegation led by a former Minister of Finance, Dr. Shamsudeen Usman, that in 2017 alone, the sum of N1.2tn was released by the ministry for implementation of capital projects.
She added that the ministry was ready to make such huge release this year once the 2018 budget currently before the National Assembly was signed into law by President Muhammadu Buhari.
She said part of the cardinal focus of the administration of President Buhari was to address the infrastructure deficit in the country.
This, she added, would be achieved through targeted spending at projects that would unlock the economic potential of the country.
She described the level of interest from foreign investors in the Nigerian economy as huge, adding that very soon, these interests would translate into massive investments that would create jobs and reduce the nation’s poverty level.
Adeosun said, “It’s a great time for investors to be in Nigeria. For us, it’s a better time now than last year because finally, we think that we are beginning to address through deliberate policies some of the most stubborn problems that have held back Nigeria’s growth.
“We’ve gone through very difficult adjustments but we are seeing that the macroeconomic fundamentals are much more positive and the outlook is that they will remain positive.
“The good news is that we have actually begun to take steps in terms of reducing our (oil) benchmark price by keeping it low, allowing us to rebuild some buffers.
“Our budget is predicated on lower oil price, and for me, we are focusing on revenue because we think that is the missing part of the Nigeria jig-saw.”
She said the economy had started seeing the impact of the expanded budget of the Federal Government with massive investment in power, road and rail.
“Our commitment in solving the infrastructure challenges in Nigeria is firm because we think that is what will unlock growth in agriculture and solid minerals and make us to move away from our over-reliance on oil,” the minister added.
Usman gave some of the sectors where these investors were interested in as power, manufacturing, agriculture, solid minerals, among others.

Copyright PUNCH.

punchng.com/13-states-attract-n1-9tn-investments-in-three-months/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Redoil: 5:25am On Mar 04, 2018
These days nobody can tell when the govt are telling truth or lieying
anyway I smell and see lies as usual if you are with me click like

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by kn23h(m): 6:17am On Mar 04, 2018
Redoil:
I smell lies as usual if you are with me click like

Where are the lies? I'm even surprised Anambra and Enugu states were able to amass 10 cents.

18 Likes

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by checkedout: 6:23am On Mar 04, 2018
Redoil:
I smell lies as usual if you are with me click like

kn23h:

Where are the lies? I'm even surprised Anambra and Enugu states were able to amass 10 cents.

You are heartless grin

Chaiiiii

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Lipscomb(m): 6:56am On Mar 04, 2018
undecided kogi
Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Young03(m): 7:12am On Mar 04, 2018
Help me check if Edo state is there
I will create 200,000 jobs

5 Likes

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by BeijinDossier: 7:14am On Mar 04, 2018
Is Anambra on the list? If yes, then this is no news. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Yyeske(m): 7:23am On Mar 04, 2018
Next topic since I can sight Anambra there

6 Likes

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by pazienza(m): 7:49am On Mar 04, 2018

Based on the government’s official statistics, the FCT attracted the highest investment inflow with the sum of $2.68bn.

Well, being an FCT has its perks and advantages.

I hope one day, we would not be inundated with super stories of how the super ingenious Gwari people converted an empty Forrest, into a big city, and not just a big City, but one with gigantic financial and socio economic muscle.

I just pray.

Even Kogi is beginning to tap into the opportunities proximity to an FCT offers without even having that much of a vibrant leadership , I expect Niger to follow suit soon, once they get the right leaders in place.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by usba: 7:55am On Mar 04, 2018
Despite Yahya Bello nonsense I'm still manage rake 500mil dollars
Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 04, 2018
How much went as bribes and kickbacks
Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by smartty68(m): 8:54am On Mar 04, 2018
APC government suffering from Lai Muhammad's lying syndrome

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by martineverest(m): 8:56am On Mar 04, 2018
Young03:
Help me check if Edo state is there

I will create 200,000 jobs
he might not be @ble to fulfill that promise,but he is working towards it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by muhammed50(m): 8:56am On Mar 04, 2018
God bless Buhari!... #buhari_2019

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Privatejetpastor: 8:57am On Mar 04, 2018
the Jewish developers won't scream "we developed Nigeria" again o. I won't take this.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by EasterDell: 8:58am On Mar 04, 2018
Good
Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by adecz: 8:59am On Mar 04, 2018
How does all these statistics impact
the man on the street??

1 Like

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by RealGucci: 9:02am On Mar 04, 2018
are we living abroad
why is it always dollars
billions dah have been shared amongst d top corrupt bastards dem whose children drive and wreck cars worth 100millions.
God is never coming to Nigeria
fuc all u bastard churches and bastard pastors
Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by nedu2000(m): 9:03am On Mar 04, 2018
Combined? It is small
Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by BruncleZuma: 9:03am On Mar 04, 2018
grin grin grin grin

NBS is the only independent with the right figures.
Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by passyhansome(m): 9:08am On Mar 04, 2018
Anambra good for us

7 Likes

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by hotpepe: 9:10am On Mar 04, 2018
kn23h:

Sense fall on you.

6 Likes

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Okoyeifeanyi95(m): 9:14am On Mar 04, 2018
Anambra the best state in Nigeria always in the news for the right reasons. WILLIE IS WORKING

7 Likes

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by omohayek: 9:14am On Mar 04, 2018
pazienza:

Well, being an FCT has its perks and advantages.

I hope one day, we would not be inundated with super stories of how the super ingenious Gwari people converted an empty Forrest, into a big city, and not just a big City, but one with gigantic financial and socio economic muscle.

I just pray.
You've long been notorious on these forums for your extreme ethnocentrism and runaway inferiority complex, and usually I wouldn't bother to even read - let alone respond - to the hate-inflected drivel you're prone to spitting out, but this time I'll make an exception: the Lagos you spend so much time obsessing over was already by far the wealthiest part of the country before Nigeria even existed as a single country, which in turn was well before the British and their accompanying missionaries had made significant inroads into your part of the south-east.

All this self-congratulatory rubbish you've written here cannot gainsay the fact that Lagos was by the 1880s so valuable to the British that it was to protect its trade with the south-western interior that they even bothered to create a colony of "Southern Nigeria" in the first place. Igbo mass migration to Lagos only began in the 1920s, many decades after it had become a flourishing city of trade, education and industry, so even in that respect you and your ilk reverse cause and effect - it was the already extant prosperity of the city that drew - and continues to draw - Igbos to it, rather than any particular contributions of theirs setting it apart. As for the idea that SS (not SE) oil money "developed" Lagos, one would have to be ignorant enough to think the place was "undeveloped" until 1970 to swallow such manifest nonsense - but here you and your bandwagon of ignoramuses clearly qualify.

The notion that funds from the much poorer northern and south-eastern parts of Nigeria ever played a meaningful role in "developing" a place which had always been worth more than the rest of the country is rubbish from start to finish, cooked up in the ignorant brains of people whose inferiority complexes cannot allow them to absorb indisputable facts that are trivial to confirm with a simple Google search or two. Or you might even consult a professional history of Nigeria or two, such as the ones by Richard Bourne or Toyin Falola; but who am I kidding? The desire to seek out objective knowledge is totally foreign to the likes of tribal chest-beaters like you, who would rather believe and propagate nonsensical lies that happen to bolster their fragile sense of self-worth.

33 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by pat077: 9:15am On Mar 04, 2018
They got it On paper
Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by oPPOSEE: 9:18am On Mar 04, 2018
Only minister for bubu govt wey sabi speak fonee.

Abeg who fone help?

DUNCE.

1 Like

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by ManirBK: 9:20am On Mar 04, 2018
Yes wo BABA is working but enemies are still wailing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017 by Ekawu(m): 9:23am On Mar 04, 2018
Please pardon that guy!
omohayek:

You've long been notorious on these forums for your extreme ethnocentrism and runaway inferiority complex, and usually I wouldn't bother to even read - let alone respond - to the hate-inflected drivel you're prone to spitting out, but this time I'll make an exception: the Lagos you spend so much time obsessing over was already by far the wealthiest part of the country before Nigeria even existed as a single country, which in turn was well before the British and their accompanying missionaries had made significant inroads into your part of the south-east.

All this self-congratulatory rubbish you've written here cannot gainsay the fact that Lagos was by the 1880s so valuable to the British that it was to protect its trade with the south-western interior that they even bothered to create a colony of "Southern Nigeria" in the first place. Igbo mass migration to Lagos only began in the 1920s, many decades after it had become a flourishing city of trade, education and industry, so even in that respect you and your ilk reverse cause and effect - it was the already extant prosperity of the city that drew - and continues to draw - Igbos to it, rather than any particular contributions of theirs setting it apart. As for the idea that SS (not SE) oil money "developed" Lagos, one would have to be ignorant enough to think the place was "undeveloped" until 1970 to swallow such manifest nonsense - but here you and your bandwagon of ignoramuses clearly qualify.

The notion that funds from the much poorer northern and south-eastern parts of Nigeria ever played a meaningful role in "developing" a place which had always been worth more than the rest of the country is rubbish from start to finish, cooked up in the ignorant brains of people whose inferiority complexes cannot allow them to absorb indisputable facts that are trivial to confirm with a simple Google search or two. Or you might even consult a professional history of Nigeria or two, such as the ones by Richard Bourne or Toyin Falola; but who am I kidding? The desire to seek out objective knowledge is totally foreign to the likes of tribal chest-beaters like you, who would rather believe and propagate nonsensical lies that happen to bolster their fragile sense of self-worth.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP, Ohaneze Ndigbo Demand Immediate Release Of Senator Abaribe / Southeast Governors Meet Buhari Wednesday Over Infrastructure, Other Issues / Ambode: From Governor-General To Political Orphan - By Temidayo Akinsuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.