Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network (23777 Views)

Jay-Jay Okocha And Nwankwo Kanu In A Group Photo With World Football Greats / Jay-Jay Okocha And Lionel Messi Pictured Together / Jay-Jay Okocha And Others Announce FIFA Best Awards Nominees. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by vulpeslopez(m): 4:36pm On Mar 04, 2018
Mathematical:
I still wonder why Okocha was never crowned African footballer despite his illustrious career lalasticlala
he was good,very good but Samuel eto was the best
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by purem(m): 4:36pm On Mar 04, 2018
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by kenodrill: 4:39pm On Mar 04, 2018
Standing ovation for the football legend!

1 Like

Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by Ejiphill09(m): 4:40pm On Mar 04, 2018
How can someone be in this harsh country still support APC as a party and still yet Support Arsenal as a club. Some people no get Joy anyways Thy Lord is your strength.
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by successinlife: 4:48pm On Mar 04, 2018
Mathematical:
I still wonder why Okocha was never crowned African footballer despite his illustrious career lalasticlala

2 reasons.

1.He blossomed late and the politics of the game in Africa and world.
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by passyhansome(m): 4:57pm On Mar 04, 2018
They Love you more than your so call country Nigeria
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by Buffalo2(m): 5:06pm On Mar 04, 2018
Mathematical:
No REASON but POLITICS by the then CAF president( Issa Hayatou) and his cohorts.

1 Like

Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by otipoju(m): 5:09pm On Mar 04, 2018
Mathematical:

Hayatou factor

1 Like

Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by oilofgladness1(m): 5:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
Can't forget that great goal against Oliver kahn in the bundislega. So good they named him twice.

1 Like

Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by ipobarecriminals: 5:30pm On Mar 04, 2018
Mathematical:
CAF is a SCAM

1 Like

Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by ipobarecriminals: 5:31pm On Mar 04, 2018
Sunofgod:
J J 2023.
FIX3D. I'll surety campaign 4 him
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by aspirebig: 6:08pm On Mar 04, 2018
Mathematical:

He was supposed to get the African footballer in 1998 but narrowly lose to Mustapha
Hadji.....e don tey wey CAF politics dey affect the Anglophone countries.

1 Like

Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by ACE1010: 6:23pm On Mar 04, 2018
Yes ooo. I cant forget in a hurry that memorable goal he scored .....dribbling Oliver Kahn twice before putting the ball in the empty net.....Jay Jay... African legendary footballer...

1 Like

Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by ACE1010: 6:27pm On Mar 04, 2018
Ejiphill09:
How can someone be in this harsh country still support APC as a party and still yet Support Arsenal as a club. Some people no get Joy anyways Thy Lord is your strength.
grin grin grin
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by Xzbit91: 6:54pm On Mar 04, 2018
Ibime:

Which year exactly should he have won?

Nigerias years were 1994 and 1996 deservedly won by Amunike and Kanu.

Weah over-deserved 1995.

Blame Abacha for taking Nigeria out of CAF from 1996 to 1998.

After that Cameroun became indomitable and their players deservedly won most years.

Jayjay deserved AFY in 2004, the year Samuel etoo won his first of many. Nigeria beat Cameroon in quarters of that year's AFCON when they were undone by Okocha's free kick. He was instrumental in our run to the semis.

1 Like

Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by nedu2000(m): 7:04pm On Mar 04, 2018
psammy1122:

PSG NO BI BETTER TEAM?
as at '98 when okocha joined,like man city,they were nothing. PSG became formidable from around 2011
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by nairalanduseles: 7:05pm On Mar 04, 2018
Mathematical:

maybe because they were better players who achieved more.
george weah
finidi george
samuel eto

jay jay was just like denilson of brasil he was just an entertainer
how many goals did he score in his career?
how many assists?
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by nairalanduseles: 7:07pm On Mar 04, 2018
Xzbit91:

Jayjay deserved AFY in 2004, the year Samuel etoo won his first of many. Nigeria beat Cameroon in quarters of that year's AFCON when they were undone by Okocha's free kick. He was instrumental in our run to the semis.

how can u even say that when eto was never benched in barcelona
eto was key to the sucess of barca that year.
okocha was not even in the starting 11 most times
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by nedu2000(m): 7:09pm On Mar 04, 2018
aspirebig:

He was supposed to get the African footballer in 1998 but narrowly lose to Mustapha
Hadji.....e don tey wey CAF politics dey affect the Anglophone countries.
but the CAF politics gave yekini,amuneke,ikepba and kanu 2x. Okocha fell short and can't be compared to samuel eto'o who was winning la liga titles and champ leagues while he was fighting relegation with bolton.
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by aspirebig: 7:20pm On Mar 04, 2018
[quote author=nedu2000 post=65559540]but the CAF politics gave yekini,amuneke,ikepba and kanu 2x. Okocha fell short and can't be compared to samuel eto'o who was winning la liga titles and champ leagues while he was fighting relegation with bolton.[/quote

I expected this kind of response......i dont know how old you were in 1998.....it was pure politics that gave it to Mustapha Hadji and the was the closest time Jay Jay would have won it.

I know what i am saying....the gap between Hadji and Jay Jay was very slim.....in some quarters, the Press were already thinking that it was Jay Jay time across the continent . But in the cases of Kanu wining it twice, Amuneke, Yekini....their was very obvious that they were the winners. ..just like when Yaya Toure was winning it....Same with Eto's time. I followed Jay Jay career very well.

Dont let sentiments becloud your reasoning.
Was Okocha in Bolton in 1998? The answer is No...So would he be fighting relegation in Bolton then? Just after France '98, which was incidentally won by the France the host country with the likes of Henry, Zidane and team,PSG signed Jay Jay for his outstanding performance during the W/cup. Though Nigeria did not go far, but Jay Jay was outstanding. No other Nigerian footballer got a better deal that year.If you are still in doubt, you can watch Jay Jay videos on Youtube .

Jay Jay moved to Bolton in the twilight of his career and PSG remains the biggest club he played for.

If the Germans are judging Okocha based on his days in Bolton, then he wouldn't have been inducted into the Legend group now.

2 Likes

Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by Yankee101: 7:21pm On Mar 04, 2018
Been a long time coming
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by Xzbit91: 8:53pm On Mar 04, 2018
nairalanduseles:

how can u even say that when eto was never benched in barcelona
eto was key to the sucess of barca that year.
okocha was not even in the starting 11 most times

What success are you talking about? Barca failed to win the laliga that year, neither did they win champions league nor cops del rey.

Besides Ètòo fìls was still at Mallorca.

1 Like

Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by shedy03(m): 8:58pm On Mar 04, 2018
nice one, such a lifetime achievement.
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by Xzbit91: 9:01pm On Mar 04, 2018
[quote author=aspirebig post=65559860][/quote]

Even when Okocha was at Bolton, they were never in relegation battles. They always fought in for European spots. Don't mind that guy, he belongs to indomie generation.
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by nedu2000(m): 9:45pm On Mar 04, 2018
Sentiments? Okocha is Nigerian just as i am! I should be asking you not to be sentimental,lolss. Okocha's '98 loss was a 50-50 thing,hadji participated in the nations' cup and did fairly well,at the worldcup ,nigeria got to the 2nd round but okocha was only impressive in the 4-1 loss to denmark,he wasn't impressive with his new club PSG unlike Hadji who despite morocco's 1st round exit was impressive and equally did well for his new club at the time,conventry city.
Okocha/hadji could have gone either way,it was arguable. [quote author=aspirebig post=65559860][/quote]
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by nedu2000(m): 9:47pm On Mar 04, 2018
Xzbit91:

Even when Okocha was at Bolton, they were never in relegation battles. They always fought in for European spots. Don't mind that guy, he belongs to indomie generation.
there was a relegation fight alongside westham in 2004, westham lost the battle and went down on the final day. Bolton looked up after that however.
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by emezuo17: 9:50pm On Mar 04, 2018
1998. The year Mustapha Hadji of morroco won, should have been Okocha's year, he was robbed
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by Xzbit91: 11:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
nedu2000:
there was a relegation fight alongside westham in 2004, westham lost the battle and went down on the final day. Bolton looked up after that however.

I crosschecked 2003/2004 table

Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by chukxie(m): 1:51am On Mar 05, 2018
Mathematical:

Ask that stupid, wicked Issa Hayatou. He deprived Jay Jay Okocha twice what was rightfully his and gave the awards Mustapha Hadji and Samuel Etoo.
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by RillJ(m): 7:30am On Mar 05, 2018
And Oliver Kahn will be like; not again biko!
youngelder:
Oliver Kahn whenever he remembers what Okocha did to him

1 Like

Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by RillJ(m): 7:32am On Mar 05, 2018
Jay-Jay Calculus Okocha
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network by aspirebig: 7:50am On Mar 05, 2018
Xzbit91:

God bless you ......

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hope Solo Accuses Sepp Blatter Of Sexual Assault / Real Madrid Unveil Luka Jovic After Signing For £62m From Frankfurt / Mauricio Pochettino: PSG Reach Agreement To Part Ways With Head Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.