Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card (54342 Views)

Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support / Eba And Soup Used As Communion In Church (video) / Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by kennyamusan(m): 1:26pm On Mar 04, 2018
Show us the card ..... I don't talk without evidence. No church can send anyone back not to receive the holy communion especially the Anglican church. I can categorically say that this is a big lie from the pit or hell
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by yemi15(m): 1:27pm On Mar 04, 2018
VivaDeAngelo:
OP to start with, are you a Communicant? I'm an Anglican, tbh I have never experienced anything like this before. The criteria to receive Holy Communion in Anglican Communion is that you must be a Communicant. Conversely, some local churches have a Holy Communion class before Sunday service which is a criterion for receiving Communion.

For me, whenever I leave my local church I don't go for communion to avoid what Op just experienced, it could be embarrassing.....buried your head in shame, everyon
e looking at you.

There is even a communion class now, bikonu lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Mandrake007(m): 1:27pm On Mar 04, 2018
rawtouch:
buy bread and red wine and administer to yasef, shikenan..
simple as that if the mohamed doesn't go to the mountain...
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Shaev7(m): 1:27pm On Mar 04, 2018
sunnysunny69:
Catholic church will not give you unless you have a communion card, but outside Nigeria Europe for example, holy communion is like pure water, wherever mass is celebrated, anyone can join the line and have it, only we Africans turn things on our heads.

EDIT.
Some catholic churches but not all.
Don't say what you don't know. The Catholic church that uses card is a way to take statistics of members who receives communion. Most Catholics don't use Communion cards, rather the Priest in his wisdom directed by God is sometimes knows a member who is about to receive the Communion is not a Practising Catholic so he ignores and ask the person to see him after the Mass .

1 Like

Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by BluntBoy(m): 1:28pm On Mar 04, 2018
chloride6:

Isn't that what Jesus himself did? Broke his body for us to eat smiley

Yes, He did it in the physical sense of His body being broken and crucified.

However, the Catholics and maybe the Anglicans too see the bread and blood as not merely symbols but as the real body and blood of Christ. I am sure they think each wafer must be perfect and breaking it would create a blemish. It is just my theory cheesy
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Jabioro: 1:28pm On Mar 04, 2018
loveth360:
If they no give you,come i get something for you.

I dey my house.
Pure holy communion...l beg tell am say you are nt available.See me for ur doormouth.
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by whiteprince(m): 1:30pm On Mar 04, 2018
This is RUBBISH... When Jesus was feeding the multitude,did he request for anytin b4 he fed then?

That means that church can not help an outsider...
Am an Anglican and my church don't do that...

Church of this days sef...
Quote me with insult and die on a sunday day...
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by SonofHim: 1:32pm On Mar 04, 2018
...And you brought the issue to Nairaland. Shame on you.
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by BABANGBALI: 1:33pm On Mar 04, 2018
What did you did to the usher?
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Jungpablo: 1:33pm On Mar 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes it is.
That card is not only a proof that you are qualified to receive the Holy communion but also a proof that your name is in the book of life.

No matter where you are, have that card handy.
A person who dies holding that card is guaranteed of a sure visa to heaven.

my man long time I saw yur savegic comment grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by lipstick2(f): 1:35pm On Mar 04, 2018
sunnysunny69:
Catholic church will not give you unless you have a communion card, but outside Nigeria Europe for example, holy communion is like pure water, wherever mass is celebrated, anyone can join the line and have it, only we Africans turn things on our heads.

EDIT.

Thank God u quickly corrected urself.
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by shagasha: 1:35pm On Mar 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes it is.
That card is not only a proof that you are qualified to receive the Holy communion but also a proof that your name is in the book of life.

I cant believe someone is saying this
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Apina(m): 1:35pm On Mar 04, 2018
sunnysunny69:

EDIT.
Ignorant comment undecided
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by BAMSRAY(m): 1:35pm On Mar 04, 2018
sunnysunny69:

EDIT.
you are right ,,,but in my parish there is nothing like card ,,and in my school before the mass commence they will share card for the communicant that are ready to receive the card is for the church as u receive u give

1 Like

Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by sandrahnaub(f): 1:35pm On Mar 04, 2018
Rules should be adhered to undecided
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by yemi15(m): 1:36pm On Mar 04, 2018
BluntBoy:

I don't suppose they would want to. Our people are very superstitious. They may liken the breaking of the wafer to the breaking of Christ. cheesy

Bikonu lol cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Luminee(f): 1:37pm On Mar 04, 2018
Osinachi1:
You want us to judge your church??

What kind of children people dey born these days??

I no dey go chruch but if something like this happen to me, Internet is the last place I'd bring it to

Well said.. I don't know why there is this growing trend to make Sundays look bad on Nairaland, people always come with one negative news concerning Sunday worship
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by somehow: 1:39pm On Mar 04, 2018
Sarcasm of life
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes it is.

Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by frank2075: 1:39pm On Mar 04, 2018
Yes it is.

Sure visa to heaven U re a Clown
Book of life Keep deceiving urself
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by kingsleyugo41(m): 1:40pm On Mar 04, 2018
pembisco:
Some give cards at the beginning of service, that means if you come late, no communion for you. Some members come Come half way into the service and yet go for communion which the church doesn't want. Op most likely came late
my dear i didn't go late just that am a new person there.
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by femi4: 1:40pm On Mar 04, 2018
loveth360:
If they no give you,come i get something for you.

I dey my house.
can you gimme something light?
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by lipstick2(f): 1:41pm On Mar 04, 2018
The White shirt matter tire me o
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Validcode: 1:42pm On Mar 04, 2018
I am an Anglican and I have never heard of this practice before. I have been to several parishes in different parts of Nigeria and no one has ever asked me for any card before, also never seen communicants being denied holy communion because of white shirt.

My advice to you is this, whenever you go to a new church, Anglican or otherwise, don't go for communion if you didn't begin the service with them.
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by honeyjoyce(f): 1:43pm On Mar 04, 2018
grin grin grin Kuku kee meee
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes it is.

Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by hope4life: 1:44pm On Mar 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes it is.

The worst heresy Ive have heard recently.Its never a visa to heaven.Its just the practice of the Anglican Church.Jesus is Lord
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Amirullaha(m): 1:44pm On Mar 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes it is.

I wanted to ask what religion have turned us into until I saw the poster...
Laughing in pigin...
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by IMASTEX: 1:47pm On Mar 04, 2018
Flexherbal:
Go home and take Holy communion with your family.
Lack of knowledge will make a person inside a bolt thirst for water.
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by IMASTEX: 1:48pm On Mar 04, 2018
Flexherbal:
Go home and take Holy communion with your family.
Simple
Lack of knowledge will make a person inside a bolt thirst for water.
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by GeniusMurphy7124(m): 1:49pm On Mar 04, 2018
BIXYBABE:
Just passing
Passer by
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by fasterwell(m): 1:51pm On Mar 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes it is.

At this age you still believe that the useless traditions of men is a valid yardstick to know if you are going to heaven or not?

Meanwhile who told you that heaven is for you?
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by godwin120alex: 1:51pm On Mar 04, 2018
sunnysunny69:

EDIT.

I learnt that Catholic churches do it where d church is an out station. There's no provision where d remaining holy communion can be kept in d Church. So d use d sml card or piece of stone to know d no of pple
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by ayusco85(m): 1:52pm On Mar 04, 2018
kingsleyugo41:
I am a member of Anglican church, traveled to a place where i decided to worship with an Anglican church, when the holy communion was going on i decided to go and receive holy communion on getting there, I was asked to go back because i didn't put on white shirt or a card to show.

pls, my follow Aglicans is it right?

funny how no one knows the Anglican doctrines for taking holy communion. you have to be confirmed by the bishop after attend cathekism class (pardon the spelling) for between 3-6 months. the card is proof that you are confirmed. there are several conditions for taking holy communion in the Anglican communion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Ephraim Ononye Sprays Dollars At A Wedding In Lagos (Photos) / Gay Son Who Dumped Homosexual Lifestyle Was Saved By His Mother's Prayer / Chris Okotie: The Truth About T.B Joshua. He Was A Magician & A Sorcerer (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.