Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

To Send SMS From My Site to Mobile Phones in Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / To Send SMS From My Site to Mobile Phones in Nigeria (1842 Views)

How To Download Youtube Video To Mobile Phone / What's Happening To Mobile Numbers In Nigeria? / Can't Send Sms With My Sim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Send SMS From My Site to Mobile Phones in Nigeria by tboi: 1:06pm On Dec 28, 2005
hi, I'm glad to be a member of this forum. I have a burning question and I need an answer fast.

Please, how can I get to send SMS from my site to mobile phone in Nigeria just like id on the street?

Best Regards,
Tboi
Re: To Send SMS From My Site to Mobile Phones in Nigeria by ncpat(m): 12:51am On Jan 03, 2006
what is the name of your site?
Re: To Send SMS From My Site to Mobile Phones in Nigeria by Farriel(m): 1:24pm On Jan 04, 2006
SMS GATEWAY is a service through which companies can instantly and cost-effectively send information to any number of GSM mobile phones in the world. SMS GATEWAY works simply by connecting servers to the clients databases. The client supplies the destination GSM number, message content (text or binary), and an optional identification number for tracking purposes.The sms gateway software then converts the data into SMS format and sends the message to any number of mobile phones.

So, that's what you need. An SMS Gateway, of which you can hardly find free versions of. Kannel is an open source project to make a WAP gateway, it also works as an SMS gateway, so you should check it out at www.kannel.org

If you wish to pay for the service, check out www.clickatell.com , www.smsxchange.com or google for other providers.
Re: To Send SMS From My Site to Mobile Phones in Nigeria by textmypage(m): 7:12am On Aug 27, 2007
@Farriel ,
can u build an sms gateway? If yes, can u teach me how i can build one with the source code provided in kannel.org ?

(1) (Reply)

Dual-sim Samsung Galaxy Note II Launches In China / Mtn Zone Fraud.(419) / Are Tecno Phones Durable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.