Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,022 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] (56243 Views)

Ronaldo Missing As Fifa Nominate Messi, Zlatan For 2019 Puskas Award / Zidane's All Time Top Eleven,messi Neymar In But Ronaldo Missing / Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by einsteine(m): 11:34pm On Mar 04, 2018
No single Real Madrid player on the list but the team has won 3 of the last 4 champions league. Football is about being effective.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by horlakunle25(m): 11:38pm On Mar 04, 2018
Donshemzy1234:
All of una dey craze. Wia Matial
martial ko!marital affair ni! Dem dey talk dribble u dey mention martial......!!!!
Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by sahm4u2nv(m): 11:47pm On Mar 04, 2018
neezar:
What kind of a useless headline is this, Is Ronaldo known for dribbling, His work is just 2 hang around the box expecting a pass or loosed ball....This is Messi showing him how things are done
Up barca, forca barca

More than a club
Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by obicoolnino: 11:53pm On Mar 04, 2018
List incomplete without martial
Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by Iamthoney(m): 12:07am On Mar 05, 2018
Ucheosefoh:
Messi scored 600 career goals with 100 games less than Ronaldo so if it comes to scoring ratio Messi still has an edge.
They always forgot he is older than Messi and when he was at Messi's age his numbers aren't any where near Messi's and with the rate Messi is going before he reaches Ronaldo's present age he will have scored more

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by 8stargeneral: 12:08am On Mar 05, 2018
Can dribble give u trophy or scoring goals,persn wey bring dis list must be on drug
Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by Iamthoney(m): 12:11am On Mar 05, 2018
Wapkoshcom:

sorry are you normal?
From the stat you put up in your comment, who has the better goal ratio? Have that deciphered sir

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by Iamthoney(m): 12:14am On Mar 05, 2018
docadams:
Were Messi to be a European, i wonder if Ronaldo would have gotten a look in from the media world. As potrayed by ESPN, which I believe to be more balanced in assessment of the duo, Ronaldo is a product of packaging by the European media while Messi an exceptionally gifted introvert thrust on us by the god of soccer.
We share same belief upon subject...sadly Messi isn't an European that's why Ronaldo fan boys keep thinking he's on par with Messi

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by babakb: 12:23am On Mar 05, 2018
Messi should leave barca first before u compare him to ronaldo
Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by taurusdude0(m): 12:28am On Mar 05, 2018
abiodunalasa:
Mtcheeew who dribble eep ?

He has now scored 300 La Liga goals faster than Messi did...

Only player to score every team in La Liga in a single season

Highest Goal scorer in the history of Club World cup...

Highest goal scorer in the history of Champions League...

Highest goal scorer in group stage in the history of Champions league...

5 times Ballon d Or

First player to score in every champions league group stage game...

Highest goal scored against a single team (Sevilla) 15 matches 25 goals...

First player ever to win Ballon de O'r in English Premier League

And yet you guys come here to bitch about "dribbling"..
Like seriously ? undecided
Mtcheeew!!!

Bro me likes me some Ronaldo but he not the only EPL player to win the balon d'or

4 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by Ashley86400: 12:38am On Mar 05, 2018
Ronaldo is not a dribbler.
Why dribble when you can just wait for Marcelo to make the pass/assist or just wait for the other team to make stupid tackles so Ronaldo can take his favourite tea- grin
Penaltea. . cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by Donshemzy1234: 12:38am On Mar 05, 2018
horlakunle25:
martial ko!marital affair ni! Dem dey talk dribble u dey mention martial......!!!!

I know you're an Arsenal fan and a Nigerian sorry bro Martial isn't the one responsible for your misfortune.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by JohnnyPalmer: 12:53am On Mar 05, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Well, to be fair back in his younger days at Manchester Utd, he was quite a dribbling machine in addition to being a goals machine. He took these combined attributes to Real Madrid and was always cutting in from the left for fun and skipping pass his markers with ease using pace, power and his trademark trickery of leg overseas and so on.....

But now as he ages... His dribbling has waned and just his goalscoring prowess remains. He is not the Super quick feet player he once was which made him execute his forced kind of dribbles but he has not lost his golden double feet touch which fetch him the goals.

C.Ronaldo is essentially a goals machine and not a dribbling wizard. He is what I call a half-alien and half-human footballer due to his insane goalscoring stats.... Buuutttttt....

The one true Alien of Football in this generation is Lionel Messi. A dribbling god, a master class all round footballer, and also a super goals and assists machine.

When it comes to goals, I do admit Ronaldo edges Messi... But on the overall, Messi is no.1

Take nothing away from these two super stars of the soccer world... They have given us the best and greatest football rivalry we may ever see in one single generation. Pele never had a worthy rival, Eusebio was awesome but was never close enough to Pele's level. Same with Maradona's era... The likes of Rummenigge, Lineker, Platini etc were not as close.

But with these two, Messi and C. Ronaldo... We have a rivalry for the ages. And the debate on who is better will always linger when we have die hard fanboys of the catalan lords, Barca and ofcos Real Madrid, los merengues.

So uhmmm... Not in top 100 best dribblers... Well... That does not take away his class...

Bro, well said
But i disagree with the statement that says when it comes to goals Ronaldo edges messi.... It's a fat lie
It's still Messi that edges ronaldo

Let's take this season for example.... Messi leads with 32 goals in all competitions... Ronaldo 30

La liga... Messi-24, Ronaldo- 16
Champions league M- 4....cr7-11
Others....M-4....cr7-3

Messi has 15 assists.... Ronaldo 4
In all competitions

Same thing as last season.... Messi was la liga top scorer.... And ronaldo only edged him by 1 goal in the champions league after a slow start

Won an argument recently
Since Ronaldo started playing in la liga despite his crazy scoring stats.... Messi has more goals

I don't have the time

But goggle messi vs ronaldo stats

You will see it there

And messi is not just all about scoring... He's everything
How can a player be topping both assist charts and goal scoring chats at the same time for consecutive seasons

He's the creator... He's also the finisher

Now you uploaded a biased image
Fastest to 300 la liga goals

Messis whole career was in la liga
At Barcelona
Ronaldo was already at his peak when he came to Madrid
He was already past his formative years
Messi initially had to settle on bench when them Ronaldinho were in charge.... He passed thru the formative process
His stat is even more impressive

So it should be fastest to 300 club goals

Add Ronaldo's game time at sporting... Manu.... It will be in the over 500 range before he scored 300 goals in comparison to messi

Or a stat based on the number of la liga goals messi scored since ronaldo came to madrid

Messi will slightly edge that too

10 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by maestroferddi: 12:59am On Mar 05, 2018
Messi is better than Ronaldo. Period.

Pele acknowledged it and so should you...

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by anigbajumo(m): 1:01am On Mar 05, 2018
abiodunalasa:
Mtcheeew who dribble eep ?

He has now scored 300 La Liga goals faster than Messi did...

Only player to score every team in La Liga in a single season

Highest Goal scorer in the history of Club World cup...

Highest goal scorer in the history of Champions League...

Highest goal scorer in group stage in the history of Champions league...

5 times Ballon d Or

First player to score in every champions league group stage game...

Highest goal scored against a single team (Sevilla) 15 matches 25 goals...

First player ever to win Ballon de O'r in English Premier League

And yet you guys come here to bitch about "dribbling"..
Like seriously ? undecided
Mtcheeew!!!

When Ronaldo scored 300 la liga goals the reports were that he took 48 less games than Messi to score them..

But no one reported that Messi scored 600 goals in 147 fewer games than Ronaldo.

This proves Ronaldo is a marketing product.

6 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by MayorOlohLo1(m): 1:26am On Mar 05, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Well, to be fair back in his younger days at Manchester Utd, he was quite a dribbling machine in addition to being a goals machine. He took these combined attributes to Real Madrid and was always cutting in from the left for fun and skipping pass his markers with ease using pace, power and his trademark trickery of leg overseas and so on.....

But now as he ages... His dribbling has waned and just his goalscoring prowess remains. He is not the Super quick feet player he once was which made him execute his forced kind of dribbles but he has not lost his golden double feet touch which fetch him the goals.

C.Ronaldo is essentially a goals machine and not a dribbling wizard. He is what I call a half-alien and half-human footballer due to his insane goalscoring stats.... Buuutttttt....

The one true Alien of Football in this generation is Lionel Messi. A dribbling god, a master class all round footballer, and also a super goals and assists machine.

When it comes to goals, I do admit Ronaldo edges Messi... But on the overall, Messi is no.1

Take nothing away from these two super stars of the soccer world... They have given us the best and greatest football rivalry we may ever see in one single generation. Pele never had a worthy rival, Eusebio was awesome but was never close enough to Pele's level. Same with Maradona's era... The likes of Rummenigge, Lineker, Platini etc were not as close.

But with these two, Messi and C. Ronaldo... We have a rivalry for the ages. And the debate on who is better will always linger when we have die hard fanboys of the catalan lords, Barca and ofcos Real Madrid, los merengues.

So uhmmm... Not in top 100 best dribblers... Well... That does not take away his class...
"When it comes to goals, Ronaldo edges Messi"
you sure bout that?

Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by Ibrosco: 1:53am On Mar 05, 2018
if somebody is a world best player and he failed to reach top 100 dribblers for two years and he is a forward, he doesn't worth it, nothing to offer more than goal

6 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by degamemaster(m): 1:59am On Mar 05, 2018
Where is our own and only AUSTIN JJ OKOCHA? The list is not complete.
Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by teewhydope(m): 3:02am On Mar 05, 2018
Shroud:
[s]How's this supposed to be news! Ronaldo is all force, strength and determination and no skills.

Still uses leg-over as his default skill that's been in force since 20 years ago. And even at that, he flips both legs across the ball without getting pass his opponent and usually either pases it to a teammate or losses the ball completely.[/s]
it's called step-over
Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by alfredilly: 3:48am On Mar 05, 2018
How men have short memory? I still maintained that Ronaldo was gifted in skill than Lionel Messi. Prior to his arrival at Manchester united in 2003, I had seen him briefly on two occasions. He was no doubt a young teenager but his skill and potential made me realize a star in the making. It was in a European age group friendly with England and the Ronaldo who shared a name with the well known el phenomenon scored the two goals of the match, but it wasn't the goal that excited me, it was the skill and brilliance exhibited at such a tender age. My second exposure to him was in a pre-season friendly between Manchester united and sporting Lisbon. I had gone to see Manchester united in their last preseason match after some impressive run that saw them defeated Juventus and Barcelona. It was a spectacle of skill exhibition for Ronaldo as he cut through united defence several time s until he got the winning goal of the encounter. That was probably his last match for the portugués club. United made arrangement for his signature few weeks later. It was later revealed by Sir Alex Ferguson that the pressure put on him by some man united player like Gary Neville and Nicky butt as they took a flight home from the trip made him considered signing the young prospect . My third time of seeing Ronaldo was few weeks after the Lisbon encounter but this time around in a Manchester united shirt. It was his debut match for the English side and I still reckon that it was his best . United were leading Bolton wanderer 1-0 and the match had dragged on . Then a subsitutions was made and Ronaldo came in. That was the turn around of the game. Every time he grab the ball, he dazzle into the defence slowly but skillfully and everything fell into place. The match ended 4-1, with two assist coming from his brilliant display. In the last goal of the match, he was fallen inside the eighteen box by a frustrated defender. That display registered him a superstar in at 17. I still continue to say Ronaldo dribbling skill enter into decline right from his Manchester united days owing to change in position. While in portugal, Ronaldo operated more from the left wing and occasionally switch to the right . Even in his debut match, Ferguson used him from the left. But that arrangement was not going to last as he was brought to replace united right wing wizard David Beckham who had departed for Real Madrid. Then I began to notice a change in his style of play which switched from slow dribbling to high speed. His dribbling gradually went on the decline but what he loss in skill, he made up for on goal scoring exploit.

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by unmask: 5:08am On Mar 05, 2018
Heffalump:
Fake list!
so where should Ronaldo be on the list? Top 10? If every player decided to hang around the box like he does while others do the work......his goal scoring record will be trashed....he should just be grateful for the supply he gets

5 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by unmask: 5:12am On Mar 05, 2018
alfredilly:
How men has short memory? I still maintained that Ronaldo was gifted in skill than Lionel Messi. Prior to his arrival at Manchester united in 2003, I had seen him briefly on two occasions. He was no doubt a young teenager but his skill and potential made me realize a star in the making. It was in a European age group friendly with England and the Ronaldo who shared a name with the well known el phenomenon scored the two goals of the match, but it wasn't the goal that excited me, it was the skill and brilliance exhibited at such a tender ago. My second exposure to him was in a preseason friendly between Manchester united and sporting Lisbon. I had gone to see Manchester united in their last preseason match after some impressive run that saw them defeated Juventus and Barcelona. It was a spectacle of skill exhibition for Ronaldo as he cut through united defence several time s until he got the winning goal of the encounter. That was probably his last match for the portugués club. United made arrangement for his signature few weeks later. It was later revealed by Sir Alex Ferguson that the pressure put on him by some man united player like Gary Neville and Nicky butt as they took a flight home from the trip made him considered signing the young prospect . My third time of seeing Ronaldo was few weeks after the Lisbon encounter but this time around in a Manchester united shirt. It was his debut match for the English side and I still reckon that it was his best . United were leading Bolton wanderer 1-0 and the match had dragged on . Then a subsitutions was made and Ronaldo came in. That was the turn around of the game. Every time he grab the ball, he dazzle into the defence slowly but skillfully and everything fell into place. The match ended 4-1, with two assist coming from his brilliant display. In the last goal of the match, he was fallenl inside the eighteen box by a frustrated defender. That display registered him a superstar in at 17. I still continue to say Ronaldo skill dribbling skill enter into decline right from his Manchester united days owing to change in tossing. In Portugal Ronaldo operated more from the left wing and occasional switch to the right . Even in his debut match, Ferguson used him from the left. But that arrangement was not going to last as he was brought to replace united right wing wizard David Beckham who had departed for Real Madrid. Then I began to notice a change in his style of play which switch from slow dribbling to high speed. His dribbling gradually went on the decline but what he loss in skill, he made up for on goal scoring exploit.
you can have all the tricks in the world but won't still be able to dribble past more than one player. Ronaldo has tricks.... but in the end he finds it to beat more than a player at a time. That's if he successfully beats the first player.

His only duty is to score (lucky him). Messi hazard neymar and some others have to be both goal scorer and playmaker.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by DaVinciii(m): 5:42am On Mar 05, 2018
Ellabae:
Na to score be Ronaldo own which is better. Dribble without goal is that one dribble?

How about dribbling with goals?
Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by olabs201(m): 5:46am On Mar 05, 2018
so Martial no sabi tribble
Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by DaVinciii(m): 5:51am On Mar 05, 2018
vroy:
For CR it is no more how far but how well he has already established himself he can't start running around n dribbling without scoring goals n more so he is old n tired all he need is scoring goals to keep being relevant. My que is out of all this dribblers mention which one of dem Don dribble person so tey dem give oxygen for half time (ask man Utd oshea) which one of dem Don use dribble injure person (ask Ashley Cole)
Messi
Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by DaVinciii(m): 5:55am On Mar 05, 2018
einsteine:
No single Real Madrid player on the list but the team has won 3 of the last 4 champions league. Football is about being effective.
Isco, Modrid are west brom players
Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by tesppidd: 6:00am On Mar 05, 2018
alfredilly:
How men has short memory? I still maintained that Ronaldo was gifted in skill than Lionel Messi. Prior to his arrival at Manchester united in 2003, I had seen him briefly on two occasions. He was no doubt a young teenager but his skill and potential made me realize a star in the making. It was in a European age group friendly with England and the Ronaldo who shared a name with the well known el phenomenon scored the two goals of the match, but it wasn't the goal that excited me, it was the skill and brilliance exhibited at such a tender ago. My second exposure to him was in a preseason friendly between Manchester united and sporting Lisbon. I had gone to see Manchester united in their last preseason match after some impressive run that saw them defeated Juventus and Barcelona. It was a spectacle of skill exhibition for Ronaldo as he cut through united defence several time s until he got the winning goal of the encounter. That was probably his last match for the portugués club. United made arrangement for his signature few weeks later. It was later revealed by Sir Alex Ferguson that the pressure put on him by some man united player like Gary Neville and Nicky butt as they took a flight home from the trip made him considered signing the young prospect . My third time of seeing Ronaldo was few weeks after the Lisbon encounter but this time around in a Manchester united shirt. It was his debut match for the English side and I still reckon that it was his best . United were leading Bolton wanderer 1-0 and the match had dragged on . Then a subsitutions was made and Ronaldo came in. That was the turn around of the game. Every time he grab the ball, he dazzle into the defence slowly but skillfully and everything fell into place. The match ended 4-1, with two assist coming from his brilliant display. In the last goal of the match, he was fallenl inside the eighteen box by a frustrated defender. That display registered him a superstar in at 17. I still continue to say Ronaldo skill dribbling skill enter into decline right from his Manchester united days owing to change in tossing. In Portugal Ronaldo operated more from the left wing and occasional switch to the right . Even in his debut match, Ferguson used him from the left. But that arrangement was not going to last as he was brought to replace united right wing wizard David Beckham who had departed for Real Madrid. Then I began to notice a change in his style of play which switch from slow dribbling to high speed. His dribbling gradually went on the decline but what he loss in skill, he made up for on goal scoring exploit.
the bolded above is the lie of the century.
yes ronaldo was more skilful than he is today.

but even the most skilful side of ronaldo isn't even half the least skilful side of messi.

Never!

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by Ikmontana1: 6:18am On Mar 05, 2018
aujile:
One day, it may not be very soon, this Ronaldo all of you are opening mouth to say is better than Messi will swallow his pride and come out openly to let you guys know that of a truth Messi is better than him. He will let you guys know how he watches messi's videos in secret just to work harder to attain the heights that Messi attained with ease. Of a truth, Ronaldo is a typical representative and a true representation of hardwork. Whereas Messi is a true representation and as well an icon of softwork. The records speak for themselves...game on, we are watching.
are u saying dat messi has achieved more dan Ronaldo in football.
Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by Ikmontana1: 6:21am On Mar 05, 2018
docadams:
Were Messi to be a European, i wonder if Ronaldo would have gotten a look in from the media world. As potrayed by ESPN, which I believe to be more balanced in assessment of the duo, Ronaldo is a product of packaging by the European media while Messi an exceptionally gifted introvert thrust on us by the god of soccer.
really
Re: Ronaldo Missing In 2018 Top 100 Dribblers In The World [view Full List] by Ikmontana1: 6:25am On Mar 05, 2018
JohnnyPalmer:

Bro, well said
But i disagree with the statement that says when it comes to goals Ronaldo edges messi.... It's a fat lie
It's still Messi that edges ronaldo

Let's take this season for example.... Messi leads with 32 goals in all competitions... Ronaldo 30

La liga... Messi-24, Ronaldo- 16
Champions league M- 4....cr7-11
Others....M-4....cr7-3

Messi has 15 assists.... Ronaldo 4
In all competitions

Same thing as last season.... Messi was la liga top scorer.... And ronaldo only edged him by 1 goal in the champions league after a slow start

Won an argument recently
Since Ronaldo started playing in la liga despite his crazy scoring stats.... Messi has more goals

I don't have the time

But goggle messi vs ronaldo stats

You will see it there

And messi is not just all about scoring... He's everything
How can a player be topping both assist charts and goal scoring chats at the same time for consecutive seasons

He's the creator... He's also the finisher

Now you uploaded a biased image
Fastest to 300 la liga goals

Messis whole career was in la liga
At Barcelona
Ronaldo was already at his peak when he came to Madrid
He was already past his formative years
Messi initially had to settle on bench when them Ronaldinho were in charge.... He passed thru the formative process
His stat is even more impressive

So it should be fastest to 300 club goals

Add Ronaldo's game time at sporting... Manu.... It will be in the over 500 range before he scored 300 goals in comparison to messi

Or a stat based on the number of la liga goals messi scored since ronaldo came to madrid

Messi will slightly edge that too
messi has played 5 or more games than Ronaldo this season..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ole Solskjaer Hands List Of Players To Leave Man United (see Details) / Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics / Kylian Mbappe's Father Speaks About Corruption In Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.