Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,125 members, 7,957,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:28 AM

Nigerians Love Exhibitionism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Love Exhibitionism (633 Views)

Majority Of Nigerians Love Buhari, Forget Social Media Critics –femi Adesina / 69% Of Nigerians Love Trump, 700k Twitter Followers- Pew Research Center Poll. / Why Do Nigerians Love Themselves More Outside Of Nigeria Than In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Love Exhibitionism by tk4rd: 10:34pm On Mar 04, 2018
Nigerians love exhibitionism..
They love to show off materials and wealths and lifestyles that are way beyond their reach...
Some people would even support them by saying: "It is their money. Let them spend it anyhow they like".
Someone who drives expensive cars, yet he doesn't own a big Multimillion-Naira business with all the documents intact and verifiable, does it add up.?
But our Nigerian people only care about the money that is being showed off in their faces, and be hailing the moneybag. Not even minding if it was their own money that was embezzled by the moneybag.
And you wonder why things happens that way in Nigeria.??
We have a system that doesn't check and question people about the sources of their suspicious riches and wealth.
We have a system where people do not pay tax.
We have a system where proper documentation is lacking.
We have a system where people would hoard large amounts of raw cash.
That was how corruption got deeper roots in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Love Exhibitionism by BankeSmalls(f): 10:44pm On Mar 04, 2018
tk4rd:
Nigerians love exhibitionism..
They love to show off materials and wealths and lifestyles that are way beyond their reach...
Some people would even support them by saying: "It is their money. Let them spend it anyhow they like".
Someone who drives expensive cars, yet he doesn't own a big Multimillion-Naira business with all the documents intact and verifiable, does it add up.?
But our Nigerian people only care about the money that is being showed off in their faces, and be hailing the moneybag. Not even minding if it was their own money that was embezzled by the moneybag.
And you wonder why things happens that way in Nigeria.??
We have a system that doesn't check and question people about the sources of their suspicious riches and wealth.
We have a system where people do not pay tax.
We have a system where proper documentation is lacking.
We have a system where people would hoard large amounts of raw cash.
That was how corruption got deeper roots in Nigeria

Are you poor?
Re: Nigerians Love Exhibitionism by tk4rd: 5:19am On Mar 05, 2018
BankeSmalls:

Are you poor?
No. I'm not poor..
But the Nigerian System is.
And it had created lots of poor people.
And I'm no more happy about it.
It's like you are comfortably happy, even when many people all around you are seriously suffering.??
Well it may not be your or my fault. At least, no be us wey do them.
But in this case, since the faulty system contributed immensely to their plight, and it pinches me, then, I have to wail on their behalf..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Love Exhibitionism by Optional09: 5:25am On Mar 05, 2018
tk4rd:
No. I'm not.
But the Nigerian System is.
And it had created lots of poor people.
And I'm no more happy about it.

It frustrates me
Re: Nigerians Love Exhibitionism by tk4rd: 5:27am On Mar 05, 2018
BankeSmalls:

Are you poor?
Meanwhile, I'm not saying that showing off of one's legally acquired wealth is wrong in itself.
But then, for a civil servant to buy a vehicle worth N250m, yet he is not a principal partner or a co-owner of a multimillion naira business, neither did he win a N1bn lottery, would you say that God picked his call.??
I'm concerned about the heavy corruption in Nigeria, and the absolute neglect of the whole faulty system which allowed people to embezzle with impunity, yet, the same system celebrates these same embezzlers.
Re: Nigerians Love Exhibitionism by tk4rd: 6:34am On Mar 05, 2018
Optional09:

It frustrates me
My dear,, I am more frustrated with the fact that majority of other poor Nigerians sing the praises of these people, and want to follow any possible shortcuts to be like them.. Yet, they want corruption to end soon..
Where is the dignity in hardwork and uprightness.??
Re: Nigerians Love Exhibitionism by chuksjuve(m): 6:56am On Mar 05, 2018
Most people show off as a way to cover up for their low self esteem or oppress some perceived rival or they are naturally loud and proud or all of the above..

It's their life , it's there business.
Re: Nigerians Love Exhibitionism by tk4rd: 9:11am On Mar 05, 2018
chuksjuve:
Most people show off as a way to cover up for their low self esteem or oppress some perceived rival or they are naturally loud and proud or all of the above..

It's their life , it's there business.

Their lives is none of my business either..
But the porous and corrupt system in Nigeria is calling for serious concerns..
The impunity in the system is becoming so unchecked.
Re: Nigerians Love Exhibitionism by Optional09: 12:42pm On Mar 05, 2018
tk4rd:
My dear,, I am more frustrated with the fact that majority of other poor Nigerians sing the praises of these people, and want to follow any possible shortcuts to be like them.. Yet, they want corruption to end soon..
Where is the dignity in hardwork and uprightness.??

I don’t see anything changing soon Nigerians are ill exposed
Re: Nigerians Love Exhibitionism by chuksjuve(m): 12:55pm On Mar 05, 2018
tk4rd:
Their lives is none of my business either..
But the porous and corrupt system in Nigeria is calling for serious concerns..
The impunity in the system is becoming so unchecked.

I absolutely agree with you ..
Re: Nigerians Love Exhibitionism by tk4rd: 5:56pm On Mar 05, 2018
Optional09:

I don’t see anything changing soon Nigerians are ill exposed
We are in for a deep shiitt.

THERE IS TROUBLE IN PARADISE.!!!

(1) (Reply)

If Nnamdi Kanu Succeeded With BSS, Will Fulani Herdsmen Attack Ebonyi? / Nigeria Talking To Boko Haram About Possible Ceasefire / The Way APC Disown Media Aid, So Nigeria Will Reject Them ~ Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.