Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,123 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Gets New Appointment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Goodluck Jonathan Gets New Appointment (570 Views)

Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Gets New Appointment / Reno Omokri Reacts As Buhari Gives Aisha New Appointment In The Presidency / Goodluck Jonathan Gets Martin Luther King (MLK) Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Gets New Appointment by winningwinner(m): 12:37am On Mar 05, 2018
When I read about the new responsibility vested on the former President Jonathan, I reflected back how Nigerians were 'bought over' to detest anything that has to do with him.
I registered as an eligible Nigerian so that I can vote the candidate of my choice but the time to pick up my PVC, I was told that my name was not in the INEC register. I felt bad but they almighty INEC has passed its verdict. My candidate lost. I believe that happened to some other people too.
At this period again I went to do the same registration but what I saw was beyond imagination.
There was no good arrangement to get every Nigerian registered. There were people - men and women who came from rural areas to get registered. When I inquired, I was told that many of them have stayed there for three days.
All the figures INEC is giving out to Nigerians and the delisting of names of dead people might not be for good. How many people have truly been registered?When I complained I was told to go to INEC office and tell them that I want to sponsor the registration in my area. The people told me that others are doing it. This means that I can bribe the Nigerian INEC and have the registration booth brought to my parlour and register whosoever I want. What a shame!
This is where Nigeria has degenerated to. Will they not delete those names as they did to me in 2015?
Today, the man we kicked out has become a celebrity of a sort.

Read this:

Former President, Goodluck Jonathan, has been appointed as head of a team of observers to Sierra Leone’s general election scheduled to take place on March 7, 2018.

He will serve as leader of the Election Observation Mission of the Electoral Institute for Sustainable Democracy in Africa (EISA).

Jonathan left Nigeria for Freetown on Friday.

A statement by his spokesman, Ikechukwu Eze, announced the appointment.

It said the mission has observers drawn from civil society organisations and election management bodies from across the continent.

Eze stated that the former president “is pleased to be part of the process in support of a peaceful and transparent election in Sierra Leone.”

EISA is a not-for-profit election-focused organization that is working with national, regional, Pan-African and global partners throughout the African continent.

It is based in South Africa with field offices across the continent and has supported or observed over 100 electoral and political processes in Africa.

Its assignment in Sierra Leone is in line with the organisation’s “vision of an African continent where democratic governance, human rights and citizen participation are upheld in a peaceful environment.”
Re: Re: Goodluck Jonathan Gets New Appointment by deomelllo: 3:34am On Mar 05, 2018
Ok, we done hear, Jona is the new errand boy in SL.
Re: Re: Goodluck Jonathan Gets New Appointment by freeze001(f): 6:51am On Mar 05, 2018
deomelllo:

Obasanjo has quite a number of these international election observations to his credit. Is he an errand boy too?

1 Like

Re: Re: Goodluck Jonathan Gets New Appointment by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:13am On Mar 05, 2018
Ok
Re: Re: Goodluck Jonathan Gets New Appointment by SadiqBabaSani: 7:17am On Mar 05, 2018
deomelllo:

Re: Re: Goodluck Jonathan Gets New Appointment by chuksjuve(m): 7:18am On Mar 05, 2018
The Jazz on Nigerians against Jonathan was real!!!
It wasn't ordinary , spear headed by Saran right hand man Lai Mohammed ..

Now the Jonathan is in another class and world of his own excelling beyond bounds. grin

(1) (Reply)

2019 Election: PDP Has No Candidate To Match Buhari – Oyegun / How Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi Of Enugu State Is Selling Off The Land Of Amechi People / Dapchi Girls Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.