Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy (6624 Views)

Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 / Maina Has Started Speaking Up On How He Spent The N24bn ―source / Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by 400billionman: 9:34am On Mar 05, 2018
cool
Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by AnodaIT(m): 9:35am On Mar 05, 2018
But they said no subsidy

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by laliga01: 9:38am On Mar 05, 2018
Omooba77:

http://punchng.com/petrol-demand-hits-50-million-litres-daily-nnpc-incurs-n24bn-monthly-as-subsidy/

I tot there was nothing like subsidy.. Our grand master told us so before before.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by Dee60: 9:38am On Mar 05, 2018

POROUS BORDERS!

1 Like

Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 05, 2018
Wow...
Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by exlinkleads(f): 9:56am On Mar 05, 2018
were the people wey say subsidy na scam?

that nothing like subsidy

1 Like

Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by Jethrolite(m): 10:09am On Mar 05, 2018
aolawale025:
Somebody or persons getting rich
Very very rich. The logistics of moving 15m litres which is about 450 trucks daily is just impossible without those involved being caught. Why is it happening now at election preparation? This is just mad stealing.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 05, 2018
NIGERIA.. the only OPEC member who exports Crude and Imports PETROL.. i thought that lout Kachikwu said we willbe producing by June 2017.. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by romme2u: 10:20am On Mar 05, 2018
Suprnov3r:
Sai buhari

NO PEACE FORBTHE WICKED

The is the useless change that Tam David West betrayed his countrymen for

The useless change that Jagaban, a supposedly smart man duped the SW to support

The useless change my colleague was screaming about. I am glad his tenement rate will be equal to my house rent in the same Laos

The useless change useless father mbaka made a caricature of the Catholic clergy for

The useless change all the so called hypocritical religious leaders, nobel prize winners, ex presidents, US presidents (obama), news media both local (channels) and foreign (CNN/BBC) pushed out GEJ out for

The bottom line is this. Nigeria will be worse off and all future generations will know that their fathers were fools whose gods were in their bellies and they lacked foresight and common sense. A leopard doesn't become a lamb overnight

when we cried wolf, they called us wailers and looters.

onatisi, lordadam16 our change is here. bubu till 2027

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 05, 2018
dumb lies from .... govt of thieves, by thieves, for fooools! i can't wait to un-vote the fraud I voted.
Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by bejeria101(m): 10:24am On Mar 05, 2018
Govt of intergrity fighting corruption! Awon olodo oshi
Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by yaki84: 10:25am On Mar 05, 2018
FarahAideed:
Despite it being obvious because of high fuel prices Nigerians now buy less petrol this useless govt has somehow managed to get daily fuel consumption to increase from 35 million litres a day to 50 million litres a day shocked shocked.

two things r involved in this submission.
first, its either power generation has dropped so.low that majority of Nigerians r using fuel to power their gen sets which automatically will lead to upsurge of fuel consumption daily or some people r short changing. Nigerians n stockpiling cash for 2019.election.
Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by yaki84: 10:31am On Mar 05, 2018
Yankee101:
Diverted to Niger and Chad Republic. We are subsidizing other countries
I can bet my balls that the.diversion excuse is all false just to put blame on something. how can fuel consumption skyrock from 35m litres to 50m litres within period of 2months? r they saying we lose 15m litres daily thru borders without the customs, police seeing it?
Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by GiantParrot(m): 10:34am On Mar 05, 2018
CodeTemplar:
At this rate, a year subsidy will be N300bn but 7 years ago it was N2,000bn.

I have no love for the last government, but we must not blindly give in to flawed presentation of information. 7 years ago, fuel was been subsidised to N65 per litre, and not to N145 per litre.. If you were interested in comparing oranges to oranges, then you'd ask how much it would cost to subsidise petrol to N65 today. Also bear in mind that the price of a barrel of crude oil was about $111 in 2011, compared to $65 today. Then you'll also need to factor how the devaluation of the Naira within the last 7 years affects your comparative assessment. Not so simple now eh?
Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by Abogwara: 10:41am On Mar 05, 2018
Another increase loading. I have this strong feeling it has more to do with Dangote refinery than this our story of smuggling..
Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by Abogwara: 10:43am On Mar 05, 2018
GiantParrot:

I have no love for the last government, but we must not blindly give in to flawed presentation of information. 7 years ago, fuel was been subsidised to N65 per litre, and not to N145 per litre.. If you were interested in comparing oranges to oranges, then you'd ask how much it would cost to subsidise petrol to N65 today. Also bear in mind that the price of a barrel of crude oil was about $111 in 2011, compared to $65 today. Then you'll also need to factor how the devaluation of the Naira within the last 7 years affects your comparative assessment. Not so simple now eh?

The major reason I lost confidence in Jonathan was that 2011 subsidy miracle.
Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by Charly68: 10:46am On Mar 05, 2018
Let them be deceiving themselves there ..they have refused to allow the refineries to work..telling us stories of turn around maintenance daily
Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by CodeTemplar: 10:49am On Mar 05, 2018
GiantParrot:

In principle, you have a point but in extending my estimation further, in 2009, 2010 we spent less than N500bn with similar indices.
Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by UncleJudax(m): 11:21am On Mar 05, 2018
dadebayo1:
Fraud... They said the consumption was peak at 35million during december cos of the demand during festive period now that we are not in festive period and fuel is not readily available and even when available price is around #170 they claim consumption is now 50million litres... Chaiiii biggest scam and corruption going on under mr integrity....
They Just Tell you what to want...If you Like accept na your wahala.

Sai Baba
Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by egbeocha(m): 11:25am On Mar 05, 2018
Hahaha,,,,,,,,,,, I luv dis country die. D cornerstone of all time lies. Buba till 2027, we must all suffer and die 2geda.
Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by Omooba77: 11:50am On Mar 05, 2018
Charly68:
Let them be deceiving themselves there ..they have refused to allow the refineries to work..telling us stories of turn around maintenance daily

God is watching all men
Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by kinguwem: 1:06pm On Mar 05, 2018
In a sane country, the President, the Ministers of Petroleum & the MD of NNPC would have resigned. This is Nigeria where anything goes. Nigeria is indirectly subsidizing fuel for neighbouring countries & we pretend all is well. The NNPC is not transparent on the subsidy issue. The corporation should be unbundled.
Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by Duru009(m): 1:10pm On Mar 05, 2018
Stop giving Nigerians excuses. Function or resign pls !
Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by debolayinka(m): 1:13pm On Mar 05, 2018
I hope rats, snakes and monkeys have not started using petrol?
Because almost all petrol stations in my area are shut. How come the consumption is increasing?
Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by Omooba77: 1:24pm On Mar 05, 2018
kinguwem:
In a sane country, the President, the Ministers of Petroleum & the MD of NNPC would have resigned. This is Nigeria where anything goes. Nigeria is indirectly subsidizing fuel for neighbouring countries & we pretend all is well. The NNPC is not transparent on the subsidy issue. The corporation should be unbundled.

NNPC is the milking machine of any government
Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by IFNOTGOD(m): 1:30pm On Mar 05, 2018
this increase is as a result of Nigerians using fuel to cook

goats dey fail to realize that there are more cars on the road now, family having two cars now use on some people like us use public transport to n fro work everyday to cut cost

ride sharing has increased in my office I have friends who wait for car owners going their way n some wait very late into the night just to get a free ride.

even I will still join d gang of free ride

bought fuel at Ibadan at 160 where as done places Sell 170-180

idiotic set of people

1 Like

Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by OnucheAdams: 1:50pm On Mar 05, 2018
The fact that we are consuming in excess of 50m liters per month (upped by 15m liters from the Jonathan era) lends credence to the fact that the Subsidy regime under Buhari is soaked in more corruption that what was witnessed under Jonathan.
Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by GiantParrot(m): 2:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
Abogwara:

The major reason I lost confidence in Jonathan was that 2011 subsidy miracle.

The likes of Jonathan should never be allowed near any seat of government anywhere in the world. Such an unforunate mistake should never have happened.
Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by overall90: 2:58pm On Mar 05, 2018
Which subsidy?
I have been buying fuel for between 200 and 185 since December.
Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by GiantParrot(m): 3:02pm On Mar 05, 2018
CodeTemplar:
In principle, you have a point but in extending my estimation further, in 2009, 2010 we spent less than N500bn with similar indices.

Fair enough. No unexplained jump in the amount of subsidy payments from 2010 and 2011 should be tolerated. No well meaning Nigerian can overlook the glaring failures of the last government.

Unfortunately it appears like many of the heavily corrupt actors from that government have escaped justice. The present government should bow their heads in shame for not only allowing that, but also continuing the tradition of poor accounting of spending, which indicates that massive corruption continues unabated. The sudden rise in daily petrol consumption to 50 million litres calls for serious investigation, as does the huge loans taken by the government over the last 3 years without much to show for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by baralatie(m): 3:21pm On Mar 05, 2018
OnucheAdams:
The fact that we are consuming in excess of 50m liters per month (upped by 15m liters from the Jonathan era) lends credence to the fact that the Subsidy regime under Buhari is soaked in more corruption that what was witnessed under Jonathan.
because it will be recovered from the federation account
Re: Petrol Demand Hits 50 Million Litres Daily, NNPC Incurs N24bn Monthly As Subsidy by baralatie(m): 3:24pm On Mar 05, 2018
debolayinka:
I hope rats, snakes and monkeys have not started using petrol?
Because almost all petrol stations in my area are shut. How come the consumption is increasing?
it is now the turn of cows,rams and goats to eat money

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Cyberspace On Fire / INEC To Meet Today Over Ban On Campaign / Legislature, Judiciary Shun TSA As Transactions Hit N30trn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.