Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,769 members, 7,866,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:50 AM

Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" (19127 Views)

The First Time He Took A Cigarette / Is SMOKING A SIN / Is Smoking A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by popcykaylah(m): 6:28pm On Mar 05, 2018
stewatt:
That's the issue with Nigerians, any socially awkward things like smoking drinking masturbation etc Smoking in particular is considered a sin.. Whereas the Bible also said there's no big or small sin person wey lie small lie and person wey kill another person na the same hell dem dey go.. So what's the stress.. Nigga pass the blunt.
Did the bible mention smoking?
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by Greatzeus(m): 6:30pm On Mar 05, 2018
medexico:
Smoking is a sin.

Allah condemns it, but not directly. He said "avoid that which is harmful to you"
Did he say smoking? No. But smoking is harmful and if you smoke, you are disobeying Allah and it is a sin.
Sugar is harmful to your body,is it a sin to eat or drink sugary things?
By the grace of God I don't smoke,but use more cogent argument,this one is highly debatable, thanks.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by Greatzeus(m): 6:34pm On Mar 05, 2018
Asito:

WHAT IS SIN?
Sin is transgression against the law,you cannot transgression a law that doesn't exist.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by kpolli(m): 7:02pm On Mar 05, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

I can assure you people have smoked all kinds of substances thousands of years before Christ. grin Marijuana/cannabis alone, which is even more stigmatized than tobacco smoking, has been smoked for at least 7,000 years. So, I'm not sure what you're referring to.

We shouldn't poison our bodies - but poisoning it with sugars and fats and alcohol is allowed, abi?

How can you assure me? Where you there or you have first-hand knowledge? This is based on assumption! So until you can prove it, we dismiss it...

Go check your facts right, even sugar has it's uses in the body... Taking too much sugar is what's poisonous
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by Obi1kenobi(m): 7:11pm On Mar 05, 2018
kpolli:

How can you assure me? Where you there or you have first-hand knowledge? This is based on assumption! So until you can prove it, we dismiss it...

Go check your facts right, even sugar has it's uses in the body... Taking too much sugar is what's poisonous

By basic research you could have conducted in seconds using Google. Before you make claims, you substantiate it.

You get all the sugar your body needs from the typical organic food and fruits you take. Nobody drinks a Fanta because they need the sugar in it.
Alcohol, nko. How useful is it to the body? It is a sin to drink alcohol, abi?

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by kpolli(m): 7:54pm On Mar 05, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

By basic research you could have conducted in seconds using Google. Before you make claims, you substantiate it.

You get all the sugar your body needs from the typical organic food and fruits you take. Nobody drinks a Fanta because they need the sugar in it.
Alcohol, nko. How useful is it to the body? It is a sin to drink alcohol, abi?

The bold statement can be found on Google. Glucose can be gotten from fruits but since some people want it from Fanta, who are we to judge. It's now their responsibility to make sure they take the right amount.

And I did the research you talked about and no where did they state it was been smoked, they used it as medicine before surgery. Plus we were talking of tobacco but you decided to change it to marijuana. Speaking of research, if you dig further into those researches you would see that some are bogus.... Imagine one wrote that Jesus used cannabis to heal people because the Bible said He instructed His disciples to use anointing oil to heal people so therefore the oil must have contained marijuana (proof of assumption). Remember research is mostly by assumption that's why there are more theories than facts. None of the articles I read can prove their story, they said Vikings brought Cannabis from China in their ships but is there a way to verify such claim. Let's stop taking researches as gospel truths.

Fact is Bible doesn't talk about Tobacco nor Marijuana to either permit or dismiss it so we can say they never crossed path with it
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by johnbull2017(m): 8:13pm On Mar 05, 2018
Anyone that says smoking is a sin should all agree that sugar, red meat, junk food is also a sin.
Read your bible well and be informed.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by basadenet: 9:12pm On Mar 05, 2018
It seems that guy daddy freeze is an insane person that should have his skull examined immediately, must he condemn anything related to religion?
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:15pm On Mar 05, 2018
kpolli:

The bold statement can be found on Google. Glucose can be gotten from fruits but since some people want it from Fanta, who are we to judge. It's now their responsibility to make sure they take the right amount.

And I did the research you talked about and no where did they state it was been smoked, they used it as medicine before surgery. Plus we were talking of tobacco but you decided to change it to marijuana. Speaking of research, if you dig further into those researches you would see that some are bogus.... Imagine one wrote that Jesus used cannabis to heal people because the Bible said He instructed His disciples to use anointing oil to heal people so therefore the oil must have contained marijuana (proof of assumption). Remember research is mostly by assumption that's why there are more theories than facts. None of the articles I read can prove their story, they said Vikings brought Cannabis from China in their ships but is there a way to verify such claim. Let's stop taking researches as gospel truths.

Fact is Bible doesn't talk about Tobacco nor Marijuana to either permit or dismiss it so we can say they never crossed path with it

grin grin
Mr....please simply read an article and use the google search "history of smoking" or "origin of smoking" and you can further qualify it with tobacco, or cannabis and opiates etc. Stop wasting time arguing against basic facts that are easy to verify. I didn't even need to read any history to know people have smoked for millennia. You were the one who first claimed there was no biblical injunction against smoking because it was only started in the 9th century, and I know for a fact the Mediterranean civilizations alone have smoked for thousands of years.
If you disagree with the history, bring your own history let's see. You cannot be an armchair, keyboard historian while deriding the work of archaeological and anthropological scholars.

And we are deviating here. What makes smoking a sin? If you claim it's because it is harmful, then state what makes consumption of alcohol (Jesus turned water to wine, abi?) or sugar not to be a sin?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by DonMekino(m): 9:59pm On Mar 05, 2018
Sin?? I think what we actually do in this part of the world is condemning sinners for sinning differently... And using our personal idiosyncratic views to judge other ppl
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by lereinter(m): 10:22pm On Mar 05, 2018
confusionist
amoral
perversion
all qualities of the devil
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by OmoEpe(m): 10:29pm On Mar 05, 2018
[quote author=JideAmuGiaka post=65575139]

Smoking is unhealthy and if you die through unhealthy acts, you have committed suicide and suicide is a sin.

Coming to your question; If you kill yourself through any means including unhealthy acts, it is a sin.[/quotpe]

Do you know that the only difference between cigarette and most things you consume like coffe and even Coca-Cola is carbon monoxide? Other components like caffeine and tar are contained in varying quantities in those things?
Concerning healthy Living like washing of your hands before eating, didn't your bible quote Jesus as expressly stating that it isn't what goes in that defiles a man but what comes out?
Bro smoking might not be the healthiest of habots vut it ISN'T A SIN
Until we breakfree from the shackles of ignorance we continue to wallow in darkness.
SMOKING IS DEFINITELY NOT A SIN BIBLICALLY
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by OmoEpe(m): 10:36pm On Mar 05, 2018
Davoj:
Do you know your body is the temple of the holy ghost, and you use cigarette to harm it and you say it's not a sin, keep deceiving yourselves. Try telling that to God on judgement day.

My great uncle was a Roman Catholic monsignor and do you know that his payslip in the 70s contained cigarette allowance?
Are late Catholics Rev fathers in hell? Bros be wise, it might be culturally generally unacceptable but as for being a din it's a NO NO
It is DEFINITIVELY NOT A SIN
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by JideAmuGiaka: 10:53pm On Mar 05, 2018
[quote author=OmoEpe post=65593507][/quote]

Smoking is unrighteous and all unrighteousness is sin.

1 John 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin.

Matthew 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Can you take rat poison to justify your understanding of this scripture?.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by JideAmuGiaka: 10:54pm On Mar 05, 2018
OmoEpe:

My great uncle was a Roman Catholic monsignor and do you know that his payslip in the 70s contained cigarette allowance?
Are late Catholics Rev fathers in hell? Bros be wise, it might be culturally generally unacceptable but as for being a din it's a NO NO
It is DEFINITIVELY NOT A SIN

What a dumb argument we have here.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by kpolli(m): 11:29pm On Mar 05, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

grin grin
Mr....please simply read an article and use the google search "history of smoking" or "origin of smoking" and you can further qualify it with tobacco, or cannabis and opiates etc. Stop wasting time arguing against basic facts that are easy to verify. I didn't even need to read any history to know people have smoked for millennia. You were the one who first claimed there was no biblical injunction against smoking because it was only started in the 9th century, and I know for a fact the Mediterranean civilizations alone have smoked for thousands of years.
If you disagree with the history, bring your own history let's see. You cannot be an armchair, keyboard historian while deriding the work of archaeological and anthropological scholars.

And we are deviating here. What makes smoking a sin? If you claim it's because it is harmful, then state what makes consumption of alcohol (Jesus turned water to wine, abi?) or sugar not to be a sin?

Before you say someone manufactured his findings, see the articles I referred about smoking before you came up with your weed theory which is different from what I stated.

As I stated earlier which you've refused to acknowledge, alcohol and sugar contain ingredients that are good for the body but cigarette doesn't so therefore; alcohol can still be regarded as good for the body while cigarette is not...

As my screenshot shows Alcohol contains Calcium, Carbohydrates, Protein, etc that are good for the body.
Check that of cigar(and also your precious weed), it doesn't contain any ingredient that's good for the body.

PS I hope you did Chemistry

As Reno Omokri says, I deal with facts not as Oyinbo say!

Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:02am On Mar 06, 2018
kpolli:

Before you say someone manufactured his findings, see the articles I referred about smoking before you came up with your weed theory which is different from what I stated.

As I stated earlier which you've refused to acknowledge, alcohol and sugar contain ingredients that are good for the body but cigarette doesn't so therefore; alcohol can still be regarded as good for the body while cigarette is not...

As my screenshot shows Alcohol contains Calcium, Carbohydrates, Protein, etc that are good for the body.
Check that of cigar(and also your precious weed), it doesn't contain any ingredient that's good for the body.

PS I hope you did Chemistry

As Reno Omokri says, I deal with facts not as Oyinbo say!

Tobacco smoking is only recent because of its North American roots and late discovery by Europeans. Tobacco is not the only substance smoked. Cannabis has been smoked for far longer dating back thousands of years. The general principle is about Biblical injunctions against smoking and you claim this didn't exist because there was no smoking at the time. Which is a patently false claim.

Tobacco has health benefits.
https://www.livescience.com/15115-5-health-benefits-smoking-disease.html
Marijuana has even more health benefits that are very well known these days and easy to research. You have to be living on another planet not to know them. grin

Alcohol is more injurious to health, and creates more acute physical/physiological addiction than marijuana does. By far. The research is easy to find, but using your Google seems a very hard job for you?

Reno Omokri is your hero. grin No wonder you have such a twisted relationship with facts and reality.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by Maximus85(m): 1:11am On Mar 06, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

No. Because I don't smoke. I can't teach them what I don't do. If I smoked, I'd have no problem with them doing so. I never smoked because:
1) I had a sheltered upbringing where my parents and my army of older siblings monitored everything I did, so I never picked up the habit.
2) I experimented a few times in university and hated it. It's pretty twisted and useless doing something you hate just to feel cool.
3) I've also seen a lot of research about it's harmful effects on one's health.

None of the above makes it sinful to smoke. I'm still waiting to get a rational explanation on how smoking is some Biblical or Christian immorality. The only answers I've got is "smoking is immoral because there is a social stigma against it" I don't evaluate right and wrong by social stigma.

How do you evaluate right and wrong? Not on moral ground. The principles behind the law is what we follow. There's nothing like cyber crime in the Bible, it was never written. But the law against stealing still covers that. Loving your neighbors won't make you scam them and put their lives into chaos.

You teach your child not to lie and steal. That is the law but if you fail to teach the child the principles behind the law, he'll surprise you one day.

Let's imagine you sent him to buy an item you normally buy at N500. You sent your boy and getting there he was told the price has reduced to N400. You boy bought the item, kept the N100, he got home and kept quiet and spent the money. Later if you get to know, if we are to follow your notion, you boy has done nothing wrong, right? But he has lied to you without saying a word and has stolen. I don't know if you are seeing things from my angle?

Hence, when God says your body is my temple, keep it holy, clean.. It means even if you fail to take your bath, you've broken that law. If you fail to brush your teeth, you've broken the law. Not to talk of smoking cigarettes that damages your internal organ. When you brake a law, it's a sin. Smoking cigarettes is a sin.

Love your neighbor as yourself. It's a law. Principle behind... Do unto others as you want them to do to you.

Your neighbor has gone to work all day. He came back late and is to wake up very early. But because you want to listen to music, you turn the volume to the highest.... Bro you've broken a law. You don't love your neighbor.
Mind you... Your neighbor is anybody you come in contact with. Be good to all.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:16am On Mar 06, 2018
Maximus85:

How do you evaluate right and wrong? Not on moral ground. The principles behind the law is what we follow. There's nothing like cyber crime in the Bible, it was never written. But the law against stealing still covers that. Loving your neighbors won't make you scam them and put their lives into chaos.

You teach your child not to lie and steal. That is the law but if you fail to teach the child the principles behind the law, he'll surprise you one day.

Let's imagine you sent him to buy an item you normally buy at N500. You sent your boy and getting there he was told the price has reduced to N400. You boy bought the item, kept the N100, he got home and kept quiet and spent the money. Later if you get to know, if we are to follow your notion, you boy has done nothing wrong, right? But he has lied to you without saying a word and has stolen. I don't know if you are seeing things from my angle?

Hence, when God says your body is my temple, keep it holy, clean.. It means even if you fail to take your bath, you've broken that law. If you fail to brush your teeth, you've broken the law. Not to talk of smoking cigarettes that damages your internal organ. When you brake a law, it's a sin. Smoking cigarettes is a sin.

Love your neighbor as yourself. It's a law. Principle behind... Do unto others as you want them to do to you.

Your neighbor has gone to work all day. He came back late and is to wake up very early. But because you want to listen to music, you turn the volume to the highest.... Bro you've broken a law. You don't love your neighbor.
Mind you... Your neighbor is anybody you come in contact with. Be good to all.

So does all this apply to say...alcohol? Are all alcohol drinkers guilty of defiling their bodies?
Are all overweight people without discipline in their diet sinners? Afterall, they've defiled the "temple" that is their body with unhealthy eating habits.
I just want to get the consistency from you and how wide-ranging this view of yours is.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by kpolli(m): 4:56am On Mar 06, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Tobacco smoking is only recent because of its North American roots and late discovery by Europeans. Tobacco is not the only substance smoked. Cannabis has been smoked for far longer dating back thousands of years. The general principle is about Biblical injunctions against smoking and you claim this didn't exist because there was no smoking at the time. Which is a patently false claim.

Tobacco has health benefits.
https://www.livescience.com/15115-5-health-benefits-smoking-disease.html
Marijuana has even more health benefits that are very well known these days and easy to research. You have to be living on another planet not to know them. grin

Alcohol is more injurious to health, and creates more acute physical/physiological addiction than marijuana does. By far. The research is easy to find, but using your Google seems a very hard job for you?

Reno Omokri is your hero. grin No wonder you have such a twisted relationship with facts and reality.

Because I quote someone doesn't make him my hero, you really need to work on your thinking....

I just went through the link you sent and see why your researching is so deficient; they said they found out smokers are less likely to need knee surgery but can't give the scientific evidence why, they need to give us more information about the people they used for such research... A better research would be get athletes who are in the same field and are prone to knee injuries and compare the smokers from the non-smokers.... Wilshere is a smoker and Google how many knee surgeries he has had.

Nicotine and Weed are both suppressants they don't do anything for the body but make it have a false so they don't do anything but deceive the body so how is that healthy? Hiding pain doesn't make the pain go away, that's how it becomes addictive...

Plus can you back your claim of smoking being done in the days of the Bible, can you show me a passage that states it? Your claim is that researchers "believe" it existed then with no evidence. You just use generic words and expect me to chop it.

http://www.history.com/topics/history-of-marijuana shows that Marijuana dates back to 500BC and was used as a herbal medicine, burnt seeds were found that were from that time (no evidence it was from smoking) and then 400BC Herodotus said there were Iranians from South Asia inhaling the plant when burning to get high. Then in 800AD people started smoking it in pipes.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by OmoEpe(m): 6:25am On Mar 06, 2018
JideAmuGiaka:

Smoking is unrighteous and all unrighteousness is sin.

1 John 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin.

Matthew 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Can you take rat poison to justify your understanding of this scripture?.

What a senseless comparison. You die immediately you consume rat poison yet you have smokers live to be above 100.
Coffee that has similar chemical components as cigarette is permissible, right?
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by focus7: 7:03am On Mar 06, 2018
This is absolute true.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:11am On Mar 06, 2018
kpolli:

Because I quote someone doesn't make him my hero, you really need to work on your thinking....

I just went through the link you sent and see why your researching is so deficient; they said they found out smokers are less likely to need knee surgery but can't give the scientific evidence why, they need to give us more information about the people they used for such research... A better research would be get athletes who are in the same field and are prone to knee injuries and compare the smokers from the non-smokers.... Wilshere is a smoker and Google how many knee surgeries he has had.

Nicotine and Weed are both suppressants they don't do anything for the body but make it have a false so they don't do anything but deceive the body so how is that healthy? Hiding pain doesn't make the pain go away, that's how it becomes addictive...

Plus can you back your claim of smoking being done in the days of the Bible, can you show me a passage that states it? Your claim is that researchers "believe" it existed then with no evidence. You just use generic words and expect me to chop it.

http://www.history.com/topics/history-of-marijuana shows that Marijuana dates back to 500BC and was used as a herbal medicine, burnt seeds were found that were from that time (no evidence it was from smoking) and then 400BC Herodotus said there were Iranians from South Asia inhaling the plant when burning to get high. Then in 800AD people started smoking it in pipes.

It's a waste of time arguing with people who are being deliberately obtuse. Are you really this ignorant, or do you deliberately ignore facts to suit your argument? Marijuana's medicinal benefits are so widely known. Simply googling the search phrase "Marijuana benefits" should give you thousands of articles and research from professionals about it. If you're not going to use a tool so easily at your disposal, why the fucckk do you keep wasting my time here?

And what the hell is the difference between inhaling a burnt plant and smoking it in pipes? The invention of the pipe? Is it the pipe that makes the smoking bad, or the substance being smoked that makes it bad? What kind of twisted logic is that?
Where did I say smoking was referenced in the Bible? I said smoking was well popular in Biblical times, yet was never referenced in the Bible. Big difference. Are you quoting me or adding your own words to skew my claims and build your strawman argument?

Tobacco has very few benefits, but there ARE benefits. I wasn't saying these benefits make it worthwhile to smoke. Nobody smokes tobacco for medicinal purposes. I made the outlandish statement in response to your outlandish attempts to defend alcohol as being of benefit to the body because it contains tiny carb quantities. grin

All these deviates from the central theme: what makes smoking a sin? All I've heard is wildly inconsistent claims about it's health implications and the social stigma attached to it by puritanical prudes.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by Maximus85(m): 8:23am On Mar 06, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

So does all this apply to say...alcohol? Are all alcohol drinkers guilty of defiling their bodies?
Are all overweight people without discipline in their diet sinners? Afterall, they've defiled the "temple" that is their body with unhealthy eating habits.
I just want to get the consistency from you and how wide-ranging this view of yours is.

Alcohol was never condemned in the Bible. Even Paul advised Timothy to take SOME wine because of his health. Alcohol has health benefits when taken in moderation. Cigarettes has no health benefit whatsoever.

Food is good for the body. God made it for us. But the God is clearly against over eating same as over drinking. Food and alcohol is good but God wants us to take them in moderation.
Even excess water kills.

Some obesity is hereditary. Some are as a result of uncontrolled eating habits. Some even without eating too much, they'll still be fat.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:42am On Mar 06, 2018
Maximus85:

Alcohol was never condemned in the Bible. Even Paul advised Timothy to take SOME wine because of his health. Alcohol has health benefits when taken in moderation. Cigarettes has no health benefit whatsoever.

Food is good for the body. God made it for us. But the God is clearly against over eating same as over drinking. Food and alcohol is good but God wants us to take them in moderation.
Even excess water kills.

Some obesity is hereditary. Some are as a result of uncontrolled eating habits. Some even without eating too much, they'll still be fat.

Of course alcohol was never condemned in the Bible. Are you telling me? Alcohol has very minimal benefits that are far outweighed by its negative effects. Marijuana has far more health benefits than alcohol and it's less addictive. Is smoking marijuana a sin?

God made food for us? So who made tobacco - the devil?
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by Sleekjunior(m): 10:11am On Mar 06, 2018
parties is also a sin if smoking is..cos u guys play secular @ weddings also..my dear Sin is what your conscience tells u deep down u know what ur about to do or just did is wrong..no pastor go make u enter heaven only u can worketh out ur own salvation..
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by legislatively: 10:12am On Mar 06, 2018
If smoking is a sin, taking excessive sugar is also a sin because it hurts your body, the temole of God...
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by legislatively: 10:21am On Mar 06, 2018
Looking at it from the actions one could take after smoking a hard drug, you could eventually commit a sin..
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by kpolli(m): 5:24pm On Mar 06, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

It's a waste of time arguing with people who are being deliberately obtuse. Are you really this ignorant, or do you deliberately ignore facts to suit your argument? Marijuana's medicinal benefits are so widely known. Simply googling the search phrase "Marijuana benefits" should give you thousands of articles and research from professionals about it. If you're not going to use a tool so easily at your disposal, why the fucckk do you keep wasting my time here?

And what the hell is the difference between inhaling a burnt plant and smoking it in pipes? The invention of the pipe? Is it the pipe that makes the smoking bad, or the substance being smoked that makes it bad? What kind of twisted logic is that?
Where did I say smoking was referenced in the Bible? I said smoking was well popular in Biblical times, yet was never referenced in the Bible. Big difference. Are you quoting me or adding your own words to skew my claims and build your strawman argument?

Tobacco has very few benefits, but there ARE benefits. I wasn't saying these benefits make it worthwhile to smoke. Nobody smokes tobacco for medicinal purposes. I made the outlandish statement in response to your outlandish attempts to defend alcohol as being of benefit to the body because it contains tiny carb quantities. grin

All these deviates from the central theme: what makes smoking a sin? All I've heard is wildly inconsistent claims about it's health implications and the social stigma attached to it by puritanical prudes.

You're right; there is no point arguing with you... I wish this was a situation were I was learning something new but I was just dragged into throwing insults (and I apologize)..... You might be right, maybe they did smoke weed in the Bible days but as the Book does not reference it I would choose to believe it never happened because I use facts. You claim smoking weed has medicinal uses, maybe you're right... Only medicinal value I have found is pain reliever and you don't need to smoke it to enjoy that value... Like sugar and alcohol, too much of it isn't good... As for cigar our initial argument, you're free to smoke it in or outside church because it's not a sin to you.

As for the difference between inhaling and smoking, please do more research on that; find out the difference.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by Maximus85(m): 10:57pm On Mar 06, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Of course alcohol was never condemned in the Bible. Are you telling me? Alcohol has very minimal benefits that are far outweighed by its negative effects. Marijuana has far more health benefits than alcohol and it's less addictive. Is smoking marijuana a sin?

God made food for us? So who made tobacco - the devil?

The knife can be used for cooking, or used to kill a fellow human. One is a sin, one is not. Just like you can use a pen for noble purposes and you can as well destroy someone's life.

End of discussion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? / Winners Chapel Plants 3000 Rural Churches / What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.